Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,288 members, 7,818,980 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:21 AM

Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story - Literature (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story (197247 Views)

The University Village - A Story / 11 Common Terms That Used To Be 'bad Grammar' / "I Bad"-a Short Story By Louie3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by Sexina851(f): 2:53am On May 29, 2016
its becoming more dan boring already, and u are losing fans speedily pls don't mess dis whole thing up.... just round it up quickly,will you?
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by dannybomb(m): 5:29am On May 29, 2016
Sexina851:
its becoming more dan boring already, and u are losing fans speedily pls don't mess dis whole thing up.... just round it up quickly,will you?
what is this one saying. can you leave chistar to write his story. can you yourself even write. E.P like u

1 Like

Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by Sexina851(f): 6:45am On May 29, 2016
dannybomb:
what is this one saying. can you leave chistar to write his story. can you yourself even write. E.P like u

are u speaking Arab? cos I don't understand a thing u said..
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by BadBullet(m): 7:15am On May 29, 2016
Sexina851:
hear word undecided
when did you start reading this story that you want to dictate for him..the last time i checked suspense is an important part of storywriting if u dont like the suspense just carry yourself and gerrarahia for real undecided

1 Like

Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by dannybomb(m): 7:21am On May 29, 2016
Sexina851:

are u speaking Arab? cos I don't understand a thing u said..
hmm some people like wahala
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by MzChistar(f): 8:00am On May 29, 2016
Sexina851:
Dandeson1:
Later we go talk say govt no good, how dis country wan progress when to finish one story na 2years and counting, its beginning to bore... The story is interesting finish it already. Shuuuu wida, if na so john grisham be, we 4 neva read any novel be dat. Asides that the story go well sha, big up.
if u think d story is getting boring click on the unfollow button sharply. Nobody forced you to follow d story in d first place. Chistar has already announced the story would end in a few days so why still pressure him? u think to write is easy, go and write ur own story then maybe u would feel happy when people dictate for u how to go about ur story. The funny thing about u critics is that if he rushes the ending because of u and its not as exciting as it should be, its still d same people that would come here and start complaining.
Abegi swerve jare.

#IStandWithChistar.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by BadBullet(m): 8:12am On May 29, 2016
MzChistar:
if u think d story is getting boring click on the unfollow button sharply. Nobody forced you to follow d story in d first place. Chistar has already announced the story would end in a few days so why still pressure him? u think to write is easy, go and write ur own story then maybe u would feel happy when people dictate for u how to go about ur story. The funny thing about u critics is that if he rushes the ending because of u and its not as exciting as it should be, its still d same people that would come here and start complaining.
Abegi swerve jare.

#IStandWithChistar.
seriously humans are very hard to please

1 Like

Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by MzChistar(f): 8:30am On May 29, 2016
BadBullet:

seriously humans are very hard to please
It's so tiring sad. There are thousands of uncompleted stories on nairaland and dey are not complaining. Chistar decides to complete this story and dey are complaning he's too slow. On behalf of Chistar 4c.k you all! >sad
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by Dandeson1(m): 10:27am On May 29, 2016
MzChistar:
Abegi swerve jare.

#IStandWithChistar.
girl shut up, i wasn't talking to you in the first place, learn to mind your business sometimes . How can you write without a time frame, if at the beginning he says this story is gonna take 1yr or 2 or 3yrs to finish it would have bn difrnt, i just saw dis story bout 2weeks ago and i was even surprised its bn on for 2yrs, am sure u are a kid wus got nothing doing so its easy to play around 4 you, truth be told it actually starting to bore, its not enough to be good at something you also need discipline to excel, besides you sound to desperate to always get chista attention, what's up with dat, are you that cheap.

4 Likes

Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by Dandeson1(m): 10:44am On May 29, 2016
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by mahxiimus(m): 10:59am On May 29, 2016
Chistar. Howfar na. Someone wants to deal with your bae o
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by druxy(m): 11:12am On May 29, 2016
MzChistar:
It's so tiring sad. There are thousands of uncompleted stories on nairaland and dey are not complaining. Chistar decides to complete this story and dey are complaning he's too slow. On behalf of Chistar 4c.k you all! >sad
oya queen chistar don vexx...lol
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by MzChistar(f): 12:14pm On May 29, 2016
Dandeson1:
girl shut up, i wasn't talking to you in the first place, learn to mind your business sometimes . How can you write without a time frame, if at the beginning he says this story is gonna take 1yr or 2 or 3yrs to finish it would have bn difrnt, i just saw dis story bout 2weeks ago and i was even surprised its bn on for 2yrs, am sure u are a kid wus got nothing doing so its easy to play around 4 you, truth be told it actually starting to bore, its not enough to be good at something you also need discipline to excel, besides you sound to desperate to always get chista attention, what's up with dat, are you that cheap.
kindly drop a nairaland story link where any writer has given a time frame. Isn't it obvious that Chistar didn't plan to write this story for as long as he did but life had other plans? I'm chistar's fan, a solid one at that so I'm just doing my duty as a fan by sticking with him through thick or thin. You just started reading the story just two weeks ago and its starting to bore you already yet you keep on coming and asking for more? You don't even know what you want.
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by Dandeson1(m): 1:04pm On May 29, 2016
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by Sexina851(f): 3:36pm On May 29, 2016
MzChistar:
Abegi swerve jare.

#IStandWithChistar.

lol madam y are u crying? .oh!!! I can see u share names with him but a pieces of ADV for u, learn not to be too froward next time it doesn't make you his favorite..cos guess wat dere are a lot of writers here seeking for pples complaint just like ur guy is getting
so instead of trying feel important on top nothing I beg u to maybe find a medium to quickly get d story finished and done with ..dats a woman's role stop trying to play the man here ...wonder what ur type will be wen u come to lime light if u can be so bad mouthed and rude from d scratch.... Pele ooo mzchistar
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by Sexina851(f): 3:45pm On May 29, 2016
BadBullet:

hear word undecided
when did you start reading this story that you want to dictate for him..the last time i checked suspense is an important part of storywriting if u dont like the suspense just carry yourself and gerrarahia for real undecided

Notice me family.. am sorry but it's not funny..
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by BadBullet(m): 4:57pm On May 29, 2016
Sexina851:

Notice me family.. am sorry but it's not funny..
suit yourself you are nothing here as far a r am concerned.. you calling what you typed above ''criticism'' you spilled thrash...
if you cant stand the rate @which he updates dust your ass and leave the thread and stop fooling around
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by chistar01(m): 5:17pm On May 29, 2016
-38-

MARY-ANNE

All I had in mind when I stopped Amaka at the front of the gate was to warn her about what David, the NSS agent had said to me. I figured if someone had approached my friend claiming to believe I was somehow involved with something as delicate as a murder, I would be pissed if I was not immediately informed.

But before I told her I needed to know how much she knew, so I went on to ask her several times about David who I saw her leave the lounge with but she either did not know much or was not just willing to spill and was even about to get angry so I just decided to tell her anyway.

“He approached me this morning,” I told her referring to David.

“What did he want?” she asked anxiously.

"Something about the death of Agbaya," I replied calmly. I was not even sure what I expected her to do with such information so that was why her reaction to it surprised me.

"Come in," She said and moved away from her door so I could pass.

I quickly sat down on her chair and dropped the nylon bag filled with ingredients I had planned to cook soup with on the floor.

I watched her as she paced round the house silently. She walked to the balcony, stood there for a minute staring at blank space and the walked back into the room.

"Can you calm down and talk to me?" I asked as she was starting to make me feel uneasy.

She paused at the front of the toilet, looked at me for a few seconds and then continued pacing. She was murmuring some words to herself that I could barely hear.

"Amaka!" I yelled her name. It was like five minutes now and still she had said nothing.

She paused again and turned to look at me. This time she walked to the door and bolted it before she sat on her bed and then with her two hands tucked in-between her laps she finally started to talk.

"Mary-Anne, can I trust you?" She asked.

When someone starts a conversation like that then you should know the person is just looking for encouragement and a reason to tell you something they shouldn't .

"Yes Amaka, you can trust me," I calmly said, staring straight into her eyes.

She stared back in my eyes, looking for a hint of sincerity but I stared her right back, holding back the urge to blink.

"Very well," she started to say, "what I am about to tell you is not something I should but the burden is too big for me to carry alone and just need someone to tell me that everything would be okay." She said and waited for a responce.

What an introduction, I thought. Whatever she had to say was clearly very important.

"Well, we are friends now right?" I asked.

She nodded.

"Being my friend means that I will always have your back no matter what," I replied, hoping that would be convincing enough for her to spill whatever was in my mind.

I was really interested to know what was bothering her so much because primarily, I genuinely cared but I also kind of felt cheated after I told her my story of how I whored myself around Henry which was my deepest secret and she did not tell me anything about her. I sure deserved to know one of her secrets as well.

"Okay then, promise me you wont freak out when I tell you," she said.

"I can't make any promises but I'll try not to freak out," I replied.

"The NSS agent is right," she took a deep breath before adding, "I am somehow involved with the death of Agbaya."

This was the single most shocking news I had heard all my life. Amaka who I had defended so furiously was not so guilty after all? How can she be involved with such a thing? My mind starting racing at 250km/hr as I thought about the different ways she could have been involved but everything I thought just did not match up to my impression of Amaka.

"How are you involved?" I finally give up trying to decipher the puzzle and just ask.

She became dumb again for another few seconds before she replied, "I was there Mary-Anne, I saw him killed with my very own eyes."

As she spoke, I noticed beads of tears were gathering in her eyes. Even though they were tucked in-between her legs, her hands were visibly shaking probably because of flashes of the horrible sight that must have been crossing her mind at that moment as telling the story was making her relive the incident.

I was shocked at this discovery but I just needed to hear all she had to say first before I reacted.

"So you know who killed the man then?" I asked.

She nodded slightly in response.

"Who?" I asked, there was a huge chance I did not know the person but wouldn't you ask if it were you?

She stood up and walked to nearest wall, backing me in the process she paused for a bit before she finally replied.

"Henry," she said.

My heart stopped beating, I pulled back with my mouth and eyes wide open in shock. I wanted to say alot of things but the words just refused to be voiced out.

Henry? Murder? How come? What does this have to do with Amaka? Is Maxwell involved as well?

So many questions popped into my head I felt it was going to explode anytime soon.

"What are you thinking, say something please," she pleaded as she pulled another chair closer to me and sat down at my front.

This time, I was the one who was quiet. I just did not know out of my one million and one questions, which I wanted to know the answer first.

"You promised you won't freak out," she reminded me.

I made no promise but that was not what was important at the moment.

"Tell me everything," I said, thinking that was the best way to go. "And don't skip any part!" I added.

Having spilled the biggest part, telling me the remaining story was easy as she went on to tell me a story that I bet you only see in movies.

"...so I'm really confused on what to do, Henry is not acting really concerned with what's going on maybe because he has a back up plan so I need a back up plan of my own," she concluded. She was no longer crying but her hands were still vaguely vibrating.

"Amaka, this is a lot to take in," I replied.

"I know but I really need to do something to secure my interests," she said.

I drifted off in my thoughts.

Apparently, Henry had not only destroyed my life by taking the only person that mattered to me, Maxwell, away from me but he also wanted to spoil destroy Amaka's life as well. Maxwell was even at risk to some extent.

I decided I was not going to let him hurt anyone again, if not for my friends then just for the satisfaction of a revenge well executed.

I concluded to do the thing one thing Amaka was not able to do.

"Let me think about it for a few days," I said to Amaka as I picked up my nylon bag and walked to her door. "I will let you know when I have an idea on what you should do but till then, don't do anything."

I did not give her the luxury of a reply before I walked out of her house and headed to mine.

As soon as I got to my room, I pulled out the complementary card that was still in my pocket and dialed the number on it.

"I knew you would eventually call," the voice at the other end of the line said once the call was picked.

TO BE CONTINUED

PS: Expect another update today.
And please lets stop all the arguements. Thanks mzchistar for standing up for me. This story is supposed to be 39 chapters. Chapter 40 would serve as the epilogue. So just chill.

PEACe

3 Likes

Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by Canme4u(m): 5:33pm On May 29, 2016
Nice update @ Chistar01
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by emekajerry: 7:16pm On May 29, 2016
Dandeson1:
guy seriously u are talking nonsense is not as if u r bn paid to read dis story or is ur life hanging on dis story?abeg free chestar to complete dis stuff on his on pace
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by Dandeson1(m): 7:23pm On May 29, 2016
emekajerry:
guy seriously u are talking nonsense is not as if u r bn paid to read dis story or is ur life hanging on dis story?abeg free chestar to complete dis stuff on his on pace
k
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by MzChistar(f): 8:08pm On May 29, 2016
Sexina851:

lol madam y are u crying? .oh!!! I can see u share names with him but a pieces of ADV for u, learn not to be too froward next time it doesn't make you his favorite..cos guess wat dere are a lot of writers here seeking for pples complaint just like ur guy is getting
so instead of trying feel important on top nothing I beg u to maybe find a medium to quickly get d story finished and done with ..dats a woman's role stop trying to play the man here ...wonder what ur type will be wen u come to lime light if u can be so bad mouthed and rude from d scratch.... Pele ooo mzchistar
warriz dis one saying? undecided
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by MzChistar(f): 8:17pm On May 29, 2016
Chistar, what I love about your writing is how u make it so relatable.Maryanne reaction on discovering henry is responsible for Agbaya death is something I think I wud have done if i was in her shoes.u don't av sex with me and still get d right to call me a bi..tch nd don't expect me to do something about it.
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by edobor108(m): 8:19pm On May 29, 2016
Dandeson1:
Who release this dog from the cage?

1 Like

Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by chistar01(m): 9:01pm On May 29, 2016
-38b-

FUNMI

I was at school at last and that was good news because it meant that my days of chores were gone, well at least till the next time I had any reason to go home.

I had two things in mind as I walked into my apartment. I needed to talk to Maxwell and I needed to start reading because my course rep had been kind enough to text the examination time table and on reading it, it turned out my first paper was on the upper week Monday.

After showering, I picked up the notes I had photocopied and folded myself at the edge of the bed. I found out over time that I understood faster when I read why lying down than when I sit up right, do not ask me how that’s possible because I do not understand the logic behind it as well but experience had taught me it was fact and not myth.

Ayo left the house and for over thirty minutes she was missing, I was glad because that gave me the peace and quiet I needed to read but soon enough she came back with Henry.

She and Henry walked to the balcony with Henry simply waving as he walked passed me. I did not bother to check what they were doing because that would have required I moved and broke the perfect position I had founded after consistently adjusting, but some minutes later I started perceiving the sour scent of cannabis and my unasked question was answered.

That was the last thing I needed but I could not say anything so as to avoid the ‘you just dey show yourself because na your house’ reply I expected Ayo to give me if I had complained so I reluctantly packed up my books and left the house for them. The things we do for friendship.

Of course, I climbed upstairs to Maxwell’s house once I had left the room, after all, if the mountain does not go to Mohammed, Mohammed would go to the mountain. Besides Henry was at my place, it was only natural I repaid the favour.

The pleasant smile on Maxwell’s face once he opened the door was so wide I feared his lips might touch his ears if he stretched it just a little bit more.

He quietly moved aside so I could pass. I walked in, dropped my books on his table and sat on the bed.

He locked the door and came over to join me on his bed where he continued smiling and staring at me still without saying a word to me. I was starting to get nervous as it was getting creepy.

“What?” I asked as I noticed he was not going to say anything but stare all day if I let him.

“You look beautiful,” he replied, still smiling.

I smiled. “Yea, I’ve known that for a while now,” I bragged playfully.

“And it’s a wonderful thing because I know I’m the lucky guy who have you,” he replied.

Can you imagine such brute confidence?

“You don’t have me, don’t fool yourself,” I said meaning every word. I sure as hell was going to hear his excuse for kissing another girl before even considering him.

“Oh I do, and before you start to show yourself I think you should know I am all yours as well,” he said.

“What is wrong with this one?” I asked pulling back.

“I love you and if you did not feel the same about me, you won’t be here right not,” he replied.

“I only came here because I wanted to read but Ayo and your roomie has refused I read in my room my contaminating the air. You better warn him for me oh,” I defensively replied hoping my facial expression didn’t look as fable as I sounded.

“Oh really” he asked dragging the really to imply he did not buy my cock and bull story.

I was going to prove him wrong so I stood up from the bed and wanted to walk to the table where I had dropped my books but I felt his really soft palm grab my hand and for some strange reasons I felt shivers down my spine as our skin came in contact.

“Did you feel that?” he asked, standing up to face me and turning me around.

“I did not feel anything, please leave me alone,” I faintly replied. My voice was failing me.

“I don’t believe you,” he said and then he moved his palm from my hand and then placed it on my cheek. He leaned closer and our lips met.

Funmi pull back! You need to read your books! He has not even explained himself! A little voice screamed loudly in my head but the heart and flesh was not willing.

I kissed him back and our tongues met. I felt like I understood his pain, his struggles, his heart as we kissed and I wished the moment could have lasted forever but eventually the connection was broken and I could finally pull myself together.

“Maxwell, don’t do this,” I said as I noticed he was about to make another move. “We need to talk and make sure we understand ourselves well,” I said, my voice growing louder with each word.

“Baby, please let’s just let go of the past and embrace the present,” he said.

“All I want to know is why you went and kiss another girl even after all you said to me, or is all these your activity a scheme just to get into my pants?” I asked straight up. The funny thing is I had not had such thoughts before I blurted that out.

“I hope that was just a joke?” he asked. His smile was nowhere to be found anymore.

“I’m not joking. I know how you guys are, when you guys are chasing the thrill excites you but once you’ve gotten what you want its goodbye,” I found myself saying. I swear, I planned none of this.

“Funmi, what the hell has come over you?” He asked moving a few steps back and staring at me as if he was checking if I was the one still talking.

“Why are you avoiding the question? The more you prolong the matter the more I doubt your motives,” I replied calmly. So calm I was sure he was getting more confused as to who was talking to him. I had never attacked him in such way before because I was too busy being sweet and cute.

He walked back to his bed and sat back down. “Well since you insist, Mary-Anne was the one who kissed me and not the other way around, I pushed her away once she made such move but you had already seen us so your mind registered what you thought you saw but I can assure you that whatever I had with Mary-Anne is ancient, like the Pyramids,” he finally opened up.

I still had one question on my mind.

“Say I believe you, how do I know you are real and I’m not making the worse mistake of my life?”

“I am disappointed in you for asking that question and I would rather not reply because I expect you to know better,” he said and walked to the balcony where he leaned on the rail staring at the people who walked on the street at a distant.

I stood affixed for several seconds unsure of what to do next. I felt bad that I had doubted his feelings for me because he either meant all he had said to me or he was a good actor, either way, I believed him.

“I’m sorry,” I said as I joined him at the balcony. I leaned on the rail as well, purposely avoiding eye contact.

He kept me quiet.

“I’m new to this love concept so please don’t get mad at me because I don’t quite know the dos and don’ts yet,” I pushed.

“Okay then, in that case you have the best teacher,” he turned to look at me and I saw his smile had returned and that made me smile.

They say the real beauty about love is knowing that the happiness of your loved one make you happy and frankly I could not have said it any better because if at all I had any doubt before concerning love then it is all gone because staring at Maxwell smile sheepishly as his over grown incisors glowed only made me understand one thing; I was in love.

TO BE CONTINUED

PS: So yes! the concluding chapter of this story would be dropped on Tuesday, 31-05-2016 by 8pm which is exactly three hours after I must have posted it on my blog *rolls eyes* (Of course I'm trying to move the traffic here to my personal blog grin). So set your alarms.

I can promise you that you would be left on the edge of your seat as you read the last episode as it is definitely going to make you cry, laugh and most importantly finally reveal why I chose such a title for the book. So anticipate.

PEACe

4 Likes

Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by marvwhite: 9:17pm On May 29, 2016
ding it!! ....awesome chiztar
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by KimBerlyie: 9:19pm On May 29, 2016
Yay!!! Funmi and maxwell!!! Awwww can't stop smiling smiley cheesy grin
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by segsbenks(m): 10:14pm On May 29, 2016
Sexina851:

abeg cum see dis one oo, from where? wo bring u cum?, u just registered here and u av started complainin abt a story, u know wat? its nt ur fault if nt for oga seun wey no dey give rank ontop nairaland, u know say naa novice Zone u suppose dey, u just enter ur first comment imagine was a word of discouragement!, u cum dey abuse ur big sis wey don dey here before den born u, if u dnt av a beta words to say, y dnt u just cum here view d thread, read d comment and get lost!!!!
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by Canme4u(m): 10:00am On May 30, 2016
Thanks for the update.
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by Sexina851(f): 10:57am On May 30, 2016
[quote author=BadBullet post=46085068]
suit yourself you are nothing here as far a r am concerned.. you calling what you typed above ''criticism'' you spilled thrash...
if you cant stand the rate @which he updates dust your ass and leave the thread and stop fooling around

Yawning.....still not making sense
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by Sexina851(f): 11:10am On May 30, 2016
[quote author=segsbenks post=46093639]
abeg cum see dis one oo, from where? wo bring u cum?, u just registered here and u av started complainin abt a story, u know wat? its nt ur fault if nt for oga seun wey no dey give rank ontop nairaland, u know say naa novice Zone u suppose dey, u just enter ur first comment imagine was a word of discouragement!, u cum dey abuse ur big sis wey don dey here before den born u, if u dnt av a beta words to say, y dnt u just cum here view d thread, read d comment and get lost!!!! [/quote

oh! sorry I didn't know I got to u too, mzchistar most have a lot of security dogs around here....PHEW
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by MzChistar(f): 1:32pm On May 30, 2016
Dear sexina do u notice u have not made any meaningful comment on this thread? Stop trolling so people who have useful contributions won't be discouraged from commenting.
Chistar,this one u said d final chapter would make us cry,please don't break our hearts

1 Like 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (Reply)

The Preacher's Son II: The Other Side Of Life!!! / Accidental Victim / Oga Landlord 21+

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.