Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,278 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:41 PM

Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory (132413 Views)

Reasons For The Forbidance Of Celebrating The Prophet Birthday By Shaykh Salih F / Kuwaiti Prince, Abdullah Al-sabah Converts Into Christianity / Kuwaiti Prince Abdullah al-Sabah Converted To Christianity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory by lanrexlan(m): 9:21pm On Jul 19, 2015
Empiree:
^ Sign of Last Age brother. I seldom watched his lectures but I am not always content with him. If you notice on the other thread, Albaqir critisized him of being arrogant. I see that actually. Then also, I watch Sheik Dauda a lot. He never reference him anytime he praises past and living Sheiks. Sheik Abib seems to have probem with others.
Albaqir, your attention is needed dear brother. I need to see that thread.

Sheikh Habib as described by Albaqir has put on the mantle of Qibr. Abuses are too much than what they are preaching. I don't waste my time listening to trash.

Even if he doesnt believe in the return of nabiy ibn Maryam(AS), is this how a learned Sheik should talk?. There are few other prominent scholars like Dr. Muhammad Iqbal, he doesnt believe in the return Isa(AS). He was even western influenced but never talked recklessly like this sheik as you discribed. I am very disturned by this. But bear in mind that him being first son does not make him true heir. Sheik Adam's true heir are those who followed his footsteps in the deen and improved it like Alfa Nla.
Exactly, even if you don't believe in something, there are manners which you will use to state your stance on it. Not saying rubbish in public .

You are right, my thoughts about him were wrong. I remember Buhari Omo Musa, he always said he inherited his Alfa, sheik
AbdulRaheem Oniwasiagbaye. He said his Alfa gave him what he never gave his kids. Little wonder Buhari loves him dearly, whenever he remembers him he's always close to tears and sometimes crying.

Sheik Habib also bashes muslims unneccessarily. Thats one of the reason I dont like watching. Pardon me brother, I think he's arrogant and rude. Sheik Dauda Abdul Majeed slightly make reference to this in one of his lectures a while back.

Please can you share his lecture series on YouTube? Forget Sheik Habib please
Re: Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory by Empiree: 11:49pm On Jul 19, 2015
^ This thread I am refering to where albaqir made reference to him https://www.nairaland.com/1986750/most-respected-muslim-lecturer-scholars#27945795

As for YouTube clip where Alfa Nla also made a little reference, that I have no idea of the title. I watched that like two months before ramadan. He did not mention his name. He basically said "e wo nkan ti Morakaz nda loni...." Cant remember rest of the phrase but sounds like lack of respect for others etc. I believe Sheik Habib is pretty much active at the institution.
Re: Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory by AlBaqir(m): 4:41am On Jul 20, 2015
lanrexlan:

Albaqir, your attention is needed dear brother. I need to see that thread.

Sheikh Habib as described by Albaqir has put on the mantle of Qibr. Abuses are too much than what they are preaching. I don't waste my time listening to trash.

www.nairaland.com/1986750/most-respected-muslim-lecturer-scholars#27945795

May Allah save this society from their fasad.
Re: Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory by lanrexlan(m): 7:32pm On Jul 20, 2015
AlBaqir:

www.nairaland.com/1986750/most-respected-muslim-lecturer-scholars#27945795

May Allah save this society from their fasad.
Jazakallah khairan, I don't know you are referring to him. I thought it was another sheik Habib Buhari Omo Musa used to talk about you were referring to on that thread.
Didn't know it was this one sha.
Ameen thumma ameen
Re: Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory by lanrexlan(m): 7:36pm On Jul 20, 2015
Empiree:
^ This thread I am refering to where albaqir made reference to him https://www.nairaland.com/1986750/most-respected-muslim-lecturer-scholars#27945795

As for YouTube clip where Alfa Nla also made a little reference, that I have no idea of the title. I watched that like two months before ramadan. He did not mention his name. He basically said "e wo nkan ti Morakaz nda loni...." Cant remember rest of the phrase but sounds like lack of respect for others etc. I believe Sheik Habib is pretty much active at the institution.
Thanks. That's maturity by Alfa Nla , you don't have to mention names to drive in your point.
Sheik Habebullah is the rector of Markaz so he's very much active there .
I hope I will find the article Again in sha Allah
Re: Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory by Empiree: 11:18pm On Jul 20, 2015
lanrexlan:
Thanks. That's maturity by Alfa Nla , you don't have to mention names to drive in your point.
Sheik Habebullah is the rector of Markaz so he's very much active there .
I hope I will find the article Again in sha Allah
You welcome. If Sheik Habibullah is the first child of Sheik Adam, that means it took a long time for sheik Adam to bear children, isnt?. Or Sheik Habib has elder sister(s)?.

Because if Sheik Adam was alive today he would have been 98 years old. And I believe Sheik Habib is probably in his late 50s. Not sure just a guess. Alfa Nla is 61 and he looks older than Sheik Habib
Re: Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory by Empiree: 2:39am On Jul 28, 2015
Re: Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory by Empiree: 3:35am On Aug 04, 2015
[size=13pt]There are some people who claim to be Sufi but are scammers just like scholars for dollars. There are Sheikhs that work for Zionist Saudi government, no one says a word, interesting.[/size]
~Tariq Aslam {YouTube}
Re: Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory by Empiree: 11:20am On Aug 05, 2015
Re: Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory by Empiree: 4:00am On Aug 15, 2015
At-Tassawuf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ISoPc8VBZs

Albaqir, I thought about this for months. I mean Shia's creed on the believe that Rosul (SAW) called Imam Ali inside to "draft" a 'Will' as you constantly said on NL. Kindly listen to this Sheik btw 12-15mins. He made reference to this incident. I think this is more correct than what Shia hold.

However, it's good if you watch from the beginning. Better still watch the whole video (only 42 minutes. I deliberately posted this video for those lazy brothers who claim Sufism is shirk. What is shirk in this?.
Re: Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory by Fundamentalist: 6:28pm On Aug 16, 2015
Empiree:

I deliberately posted this video for those lazy brothers who claim Sufism is shirk. What is shirk in this?.

Let's start with this, please can you explain the meaning of qutub according to sufi scholars?
Re: Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory by Empiree: 7:07pm On Aug 16, 2015
Fundamentalist:

Let's start with this, please can you explain the meaning of qutub according to sufi scholars?
is that mentioned in this video?. Looking to find fault right? . Yeye de smell. I guess you've been reading some materials from Islamqa web etc where they focus on bogus sufism or some individuals saying crap in the name of it. I understand.

Imaging non salafI judge salafism by some warped idealogy like Jabata, that's cool with you? . Does this video indicate elements of shirk?. Brother, focus on what unite the ummah and not hearsay about certain group of Muslims. I'm aware of bogus sufism. Everything that has original has counterfeit. Why did sheik Uthaymeen implored his followers to embrace "salafI ul saleeh" instead of just salafi?. Did you know that? . Did you watch the video where he made the statement? . He considers salafi "pseudo salafism" for straying.

Does that make all salafi bad brothers? . But sufi is sufi. They simply preach against bogus ones just like you do. One of the sufi shuyuk you could learn from is this sheik here. But you gonna have to lower your pride in that case.
Re: Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory by Fundamentalist: 10:21pm On Aug 16, 2015
Empiree:
is that mentioned in this video?. Looking to find fault right? . Yeye de smell. I guess you've been reading some materials from Islamqa web etc where they focus on bogus sufism or some individuals saying crap in the name of it. I understand.

Imaging non salafI judge salafism by some warped idealogy like Jabata, that's cool with you? . Does this video indicate elements of shirk?. Brother, focus on what unite the ummah and not hearsay about certain group of Muslims. I'm aware of bogus sufism. Everything that has original has counterfeit. Why did sheik Uthaymeen implored his followers to embrace "salafI ul saleeh" instead of just salafi?. Did you know that? . Did you watch the video where he made the statement? . He considers salafi "pseudo salafism" for straying.

Does that make all salafi bad brothers? . But sufi is sufi. They simply preach against bogus ones just like you do. One of the sufi shuyuk you could learn from is this sheik here. But you gonna have to lower your pride in that case.

Answer my question, what is the meaning of qutub?
Re: Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory by Empiree: 10:56pm On Aug 16, 2015
Fundamentalist:

Answer my question, what is the meaning of qutub?
Google is your friend brother. What sense does it make when you already know what it is or have access to it. Just get its correct meaning of it. Dont know how's that relate to this thread by the way. I am not Sufi. I dont call myself one. I only learn from them just as much as I learn from others.

Open a threat on Qutub and your understanding of it. There we can contribute. Fair enough?
Re: Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory by Fundamentalist: 6:58am On Aug 17, 2015
Empiree:
Google is your friend brother. What sense does it make when you already know what it is or have access to it. Just get its correct meaning of it. Dont know how's that relate to this thread by the way. I am not Sufi. I dont call myself one. I only learn from them just as much as I learn from others.

Open a threat on Qutub and your understanding of it. There we can contribute. Fair enough?

If you claim that there is no shirk in Sufism, just define the meaning of qutub? A very simple question
Re: Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory by Empiree: 3:04pm On Aug 17, 2015
Fundamentalist:

If you claim that there is no shirk in Sufism, just define the meaning of qutub? A very simple question
brother, believe me you are not making sense. No offense intended.

I am reluctant to respond to you. You aren't making sense and I will tell you why whenever I have your time. This is crazy.

1 Like

Re: Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory by Fundamentalist: 8:35pm On Aug 17, 2015
Empiree:
brother, believe me you are not making sense. No offense intended.

I reluctant to respond to you. You aren't making sense and I will tell you why whenever I have your time. This is crazy.

You dear not try it, if you had done it this thread would go bizarre? Keeping quite to the truth is a major sin in Islam
Re: Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory by Empiree: 8:47pm On Aug 17, 2015
Fundamentalist:

You dear not try it, if you had done it this thread would go bizarre? Keeping quite to the truth is a major sin in Islam
You sound like angry fellow. I'd rather ignore you now. Keep calling everyone and everything mushrik and shirk. It's free world. You definitely know not what I'm up to say. So forget it bro.
Re: Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory by Empiree: 9:41pm On Aug 20, 2015
He kinda answered some critical issues you brothers raised. Be his guests

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=056f8aWFu6I
Re: Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory by AlBaqir(m): 5:41pm On Aug 28, 2015
Empiree:
At-Tassawuf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ISoPc8VBZs

Albaqir, I thought about this for months. I mean Shia's creed on the believe that Rosul (SAW) called Imam Ali inside to "draft" a 'Will' as you constantly said on NL. Kindly listen to this Sheik btw 12-15mins. He made reference to this incident. I think this is more correct than what Shia hold.

However, it's good if you watch from the beginning. Better still watch the whole video (only 42 minutes. I deliberately posted this video for those lazy brothers who claim Sufism is shirk. What is shirk in this?.

Dear brother, hope you are fine with the family. Hows work and life. Busy busy busy at work this days but am back by His grace. Please brother kindly do me a favor by giving the summary of the above lecture. I tried to watch and download it but the network reception is bad here.
@Hkana, am back brother after some break. Hope you fine sir.
As-Salam alaykum dear brothers.

2 Likes

Re: Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory by Empiree: 7:54pm On Aug 28, 2015
AlBaqir:
Dear brother, hope you are fine with the family. Hows work and life.
Alhamduliah, we are fine.

Busy busy busy at work this days but am back by His grace.
I thought as much

I tried to watch and download it but the network reception is bad here.
Sure, I will try but I think you still need to to watch it anyway cus this is a nice lecture to clear misconceptions some fellows have.

Please brother kindly do me a favor by giving the summary of the above lecture.
He talked detail about sufi's at-tassawuf, calling on Allah alone and be steadfast on istiqamah etc. That istiqamah is what many sufis or so called sufis and even average muslims lack. That's very true actually.

He talks about some lazy Sufis who somehow deviate by taking shortcut and mix things up. He said this is what laymen and salafis pick on to define sufism instead of its pure form. He talks about great Sufi Ulama how they practiced it and we should follow their steps. However he admits that we may not be able to be like them or do as much as they did bcus many of us now especially young ones are concerned about making money. That their niyat in dua is always about wealth, life etc. He said this is not niyat of past successful Ulama. Their niyat was "knowing Allah" etc.

I believe it's within 20minutes of the video he made comment on Imam Ali(RTA). He was simply discussing levels of faith in Islam. That's, Islam(Muslims), Iman(Mumin) and Musin. He referenced Imam Umar(RTA) to this effect. He talks about some muslims who dont understand sufism and that they think it's occult thing or it's misguidance when they gather or do dhikr. He said the same thing that average muslims do is what awliya etc also do; but this time it's said and done differently.

He gave example by citing RosulAllah (Allah's Blessings and Peace Be Upon him and his househild)- when he summoned zaidinah Ali(RTA) in seclusion to teach him about Allah. But Imam Ali(RTA) thought it was something different or something did not know. Meanwhile when Rosul(SAW) sat down with him(RTA), he taught him how to say La ilaha ila Allah.

zaidina Ali was like this is the same thing he says all the time but the difference is merit itself phonetically. Sheik Daud in the video said the way average muslims say lailailaAllahu is not how awliya say theirs. They take their time to pronounce the phrase or sentence and that it's very hard and dangerous. He gave example like this:

Average Muslims - lailahailallah

Awliya - La aaaaaaaaaa ilaha ila Allaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

That they have to say certain amount.

Spot the difference?. He said that's what rosul taught Imam Ali in seclusion. So when i thought about this, I decided to hear your input. I was thinking probably this is what Shia refer to as 'will' that was supposed to be drafted.

As-Salam alaykum dear brothers.
Walaikum Salaam
Re: Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory by AlBaqir(m): 10:36am On Aug 29, 2015
Empiree:
Alhamduliah, we are fine.

That they have to say certain amount.

Spot the difference?. He said that's what rosul taught Imam Ali in seclusion. So when i thought about this, I decided to hear your input. I was thinking probably this is what Shia refer to as 'will' that was supposed to be drafted.

Walaikum Salaam

First do the sheikh provide any reliable evidence to support his claim? Anyway Shia stand as to the will of the prophet to his Ummah is the hadith thaqalain (the two weighty things) and hadith khalifatain (the two khalifas). These two are ahadith are Mutawattir in Sunni documents. It simply says Quran and the ahl al-bayt of the prophet should be adhere to and followed if we do not want to go astray.

On the other hand, there are lots of confidential things which the prophet told Ali privately. Some Ali later revealed and some he choose not to. What Harun was to Musa, is exactly in the word of the prophet, what Ali was to Mohammad. Therefore you should expect confidential talk between the two. Part of what Imam Ali revealed was the hadith that says prophet predicted the Ummah will betray Ali after the prophet's death.

Lastly, I observed you use the word "Imam" for Umar ibn al-Khattab. Though I don't know in what context or meaning you choose to use that. However if Shia use Imam for Ali or his offspring, it simply refer to their exclusive right being part of the household of Ibrahim whom Allah chosen to be the Aimma (plural of Imam) for mankind.

Using Imam on the other hand for for example Imam Malik, Imam Abu Hanifah et al, theirs simply portray their area of speciality like Imam (leader) of fiqh, hadith collection, science of hadith etc.

The aim and responsibility of the Imam of Ahl al-bayt Ibrahim or Ahli Muhammad is stated in the Quran for example surah Anbiyah "We have made them Imams to guide by Allah's command".
So brother, of what context and meaning do you use Imam for Umar? And Id like to know your opinion on the hadith al-Thaqalain and hadith khalidatain.

Thanks for your time. WA Salam alaykum.
Re: Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory by Fundamentalist: 4:23pm On Aug 29, 2015
AlBaqir:

First do the sheikh provide any reliable evidence to support his claim? Anyway Shia stand as to the will of the prophet to his Ummah is the hadith thaqalain (the two weighty things) and hadith khalifatain (the two khalifas). These two are ahadith are Mutawattir in Sunni documents. It simply says Quran and the ahl al-bayt of the prophet should be adhere to and followed if we do not want to go astray.

On the other hand, there are lots of confidential things which the prophet told Ali privately. Some Ali later revealed and some he choose not to. What Harun was to Musa, is exactly in the word of the prophet, what Ali was to Mohammad. Therefore you should expect confidential talk between the two. Part of what Imam Ali revealed was the hadith that says prophet predicted the Ummah will betray Ali after the prophet's death.

Lastly, I observed you use the word "Imam" for Umar ibn al-Khattab. Though I don't know in what context or meaning you choose to use that. However if Shia use Imam for Ali or his offspring, it simply refer to their exclusive right being part of the household of Ibrahim whom Allah chosen to be the Aimma (plural of Imam) for mankind.

Using Imam on the other hand for for example Imam Malik, Imam Abu Hanifah et al, theirs simply portray their area of speciality like Imam (leader) of fiqh, hadith collection, science of hadith etc.

The aim and responsibility of the Imam of Ahl al-bayt Ibrahim or Ahli Muhammad is stated in the Quran for example surah Anbiyah "We have made them Imams to guide by Allah's command".
So brother, of what context and meaning do you use Imam for Umar? And Id like to know your opinion on the hadith al-Thaqalain and hadith khalidatain.

Birds of the same feather flocks together cool cool cool
Re: Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory by AlBaqir(m): 5:14pm On Aug 29, 2015
Fundamentalist:

Birds of the same feather flocks together cool cool cool

Sheikh ul Islam?! While you should be growing in faith by rebranding your attitude, you continue growing in foolishness. You still remember the day you admitted you are a fool?!

4 Likes

Re: Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory by Empiree: 5:23pm On Aug 29, 2015
AlBaqir:
First do the sheikh provide any reliable evidence to support his claim?
Not really. He was basically giving lecture.

On the other hand, there are lots of confidential things which the prophet told Ali privately. Some Ali later revealed and some he choose not to.
I sensed this actually. Maybe one of them is what Sheik talked about

Lastly, I observed you use the word "Imam" for Umar ibn al-Khattab. Though I don't know in what context or meaning you choose to use that. So brother, of what context and meaning do you use Imam for Umar?
In this context, it is refer to as Caliph Umar.

And Id like to know your opinion on the hadith al-Thaqalain and hadith khalidatain.
Still reserve my opinion on this.

You welcome. Walaikum Salaam
Re: Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory by Empiree: 5:26pm On Aug 29, 2015
AlBaqir:

Sheikh ul Islam?! While you should be growing in faith by rebranding your attitude, you continue growing in foolishness. You still remember the day you admitted you are a fool?!
I ignore him lately cus he doesnt have adhab. He may have knowledge - maybe. Knowledge is one thing wisdom is another. His ideology is built on sectarian and hating fellow muslims which I am not interested. When i realized he doesnt get my point, I stopped talking to him.
Re: Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory by AlBaqir(m): 5:48pm On Aug 29, 2015
Empiree:
I ignore him lately cus he doesnt have adhab. He may have knowledge - maybe. Knowledge is one thing wisdom is another. His ideology is built on sectarian and hating fellow muslims which I am not interested. When i realized he doesnt get my point, I stopped talking to him.

He used to be a regular nuisance on NL with the name "sheikul Islam" now fundamentalist. Adab= 0. Hes better ignored. Best answer for fools sometimes is silence.

Why are you shying away from Hadith Thaqalain and Khalifatain? Anyway I respect your choice.
Re: Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory by Empiree: 6:41pm On Aug 29, 2015
AlBaqir:

He used to be a regular nuisance on NL with the name "sheikul Islam" now fundamentalist. Adab= 0. Hes better ignored. Best answer for fools sometimes is silence.

Why are you shying away from Hadith Thaqalain and Khalifatain? Anyway I respect your choice.
Yea, I know him by that old id. Humm, shying away?.... not really. But let me remind you of during Ramadan I listened to lots of lectures from different perceptives. From naija to middle east to South East Asian scholars. A sheikh said "if there was supposed to be prophet after rosul it would be Imam Ali". Sheik in the video above said the same thing. Sheik Solati said the same thing. Couple of shuyuk in the ME and Asia said the same thing. However they concluded that rosul appointed zaidina Abu Bakr to be the first caliph. They did not dispute that.

I read stuff on Imam Ali. I understood why those sheiks said what they said about Imam Ali. There are qualities he has that that makes him unique amongst others. I may give those fair qualities in subsequent post later.
Re: Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory by AlBaqir(m): 8:34pm On Aug 29, 2015
Empiree:
Yea, I know him by that old id. Humm, shying away?.... not really. But let me remind you of during Ramadan I listened to lots of lectures from different perceptive. From naija to middle east to South East Asian scholars. A sheiks said "if there was supposed to be prophet after rosul it would be Imam Ali". Sheik in the video above said the same thing. Sheik Solati said the same thing. Couple of shuyuk in the ME and Asia said the same thing. However they concluded that rosul appointed zaidina Abu Bakr to be the first caliph. They did not dispute that.

I read stuff on Imam Ali. I understood why those sheiks said what they said about Imam Ali. There are qualities he has that that makes him unique amongst others. I may give those fair qualities in subsequent post later.

Now this is educational dialogue. How does the Prophet appointed Abu bakr? Was it by asking him to lead the salat when he was on a sick bed as some ahadith claimed?

If that's the case then how do you resolve:
1. The explicit ground rule and order of the prophet documented in sahih bukhari and muslim and others which says ONLY the best Quran reciter should lead salat. Funny enough, Imam muslim recorded that Abu Bakr, Umar and others used to be led by Salim, the freed slave of Abu Hudhaifah.

2. How do you resolve those ahadith ofthe appointment of Abu bakr to lead salat in the fact that some of those ahadith dare to say even he led the prophet in salat which is HARAM as per the Quran?

3. You don't even want to explore the contradictory themes of those so called sahih ahadith.

Imam Ahmad in his Musnad, annotated by sheikh Nasir deen al-Albani; Imam hakim in his al-Mustadrak ala al-Sahihain, Imam Nasai in his Sunan to mention but few, all document the following hadith reported by Ibn Abbas:

"The messenger of Allah said to Ali: 'You are to me of the status of harun to Musa except that you are not a prophet. And YOU ARE MY KHALIFAH OVER EVERY MUSLIM AFTER ME'"

The hadith is in three different sighas (version) and all of them are graded from Sahih to Hasan. A person of Ibn Taymiyyah sensed the danger and implication of the hadith and graded it Mawdoo (fabrication) with no single reason. Allamah al-Albani challenged his master on how he can graded an authentic hadith as mawdoo. However he himself fumbled and shot himself on the leg in another book of his when he denied that the prophet said Ali is his khalifah after his death. Albani claimed it was Shia fabrication and reasoned that prophet could not have said that since Ali does not assumed the office after the death of the prophet; and since the saying of the prophet is wahy, it must come to pass but in this case, it did not therefore, the saying is not from the prophet. That was allamah albani's argument.

First the sheik has forgotten he and many Sunni shuyukh of hadith have authenticated the hadith. So why crying wolf that the hadith is Shia fabrication?

Second, our sheik forgot the likeness of Ali to Harun in the hadith. Harun was appointed as Khalifah by Musa but his people betrayed him. Quran says. Does this striped out the appointment of Harun as khalifah because people betrayed him? Likewise many prophets were rejected by their people whom they were sent to. Does that rejection striped off their Risalah?

What does that supposed to mean brother?

No Sunni can ever stomach this hadith alongside hadith thaqalain and hadith khalifatain to mention the least, otherwise the existence of Sunni creed will collapse.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory by Empiree: 2:13am On Aug 30, 2015
^reasons I don't stress myself over issue of succession are:

* Is long gone

* at the end of the day Imam Ali also became caliph(leader of Muslims)

* his (imam Ali)'s position being 4th caliph did not diminish his spiritual status.

* his unique qualities remain intact 1400 years later [among others].

However, what I don't understand is what Shia meant by Ummah would be misguided because Ali was not first Imam?. Misguided on what exactly? .

Shahada?
Obligatory salat?
Zakat?
Saum?
Haji?

If these five obligatory duties are intact for the last 1400 years, and Shia have no objection to that, upon what Sunnis are misguided..?....just for not appointing Ali the first Imam?. But he later became Imam. Did he not guide the Muslims aright in his tenure?.

As a matter of fact, him being the last Imam of the "rightly guided caliphates" was even better. It means even if other three were misguided (nauzubilah), Imam Ali must have corrected their mistakes bcus he came last and his guidance is followed till today.

As far as empire.e is concerned issue of succession is zero issue. I don't know how that could split the Ummah.

If however Shia insist that Rosul was going to "draft a Will" only known to Ali (rta) in the Shia doctrine, this should be verses that are plain and clear (muhkamat) if it's extremely important for the Ummah. We can not rely on verses that are mutashabiat or that are allegorical to derive a meaning as pointed out by Sheik Imran Hussein.

Am sure you understood that Sunnis have no problems with Imam Ali whatsoever. This is indeed scholarly dialogue. I DO NOT KNOW Sunni scholars' opinion on the ahadith you cited.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory by AlBaqir(m): 8:52am On Aug 30, 2015
^Hmmmm....so much of philosophical thought.
First why do you think muslim ummah have fundamental differences which lead us into factions? Remember the explicit wording of the holy prophet: "my ummah will split into 73 factions. All of them will be condemned into hell except one".

Nearly every sect claimed to be that very "one". The only guide to this is in the hadith Thaqalain. A sigha reads: "The messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, said: "I have left behind over you that which if you hold fast to it you will NEVER GO ASTRAY: The Book of Allah - one end of which is in the hand of Allah and the other in your hands - and my Ahl al-bayt"

Another sigha reads: I am leaving behind over you The Two weighty things (al-thaqalain): The book of Allah and my offspring, my Ahl al-bayt. Verily, both shall never separate from each other until they meet me at the lake-font.

This is a clear hadith.

Second, the implication?! Let me cite for example a very simple difference in Wudu (ablution) - the only key to salat which if its not done properly, there's no salat.

Sunni wash feet while Shia wipe feet. The two can never be correct. One is absolutely a bid'ah. This is how differences extends to every part of deen be it furu'u deen or usul deen.

Third, there's nothing anybody can do with history. Abu bakr was the first historical caliph. The problem however is giving bay'ah or today believing and following the footstep of his sunnah together with the 2nd and 3rd caliphs. The three altogether spent nearly 3 decades as caliphs. Islamic creed and sunnah of the prophet were rewritten. A striken hadith is what the prophet foretold that some of his companions will be condemned to hell for introducing bid'ah after his demise. Truly Ali did his best to correct many things but his khalafah was short-lived and plagued with series of civil war and was eventually murdered.

Empiree it is easy to say you are not Sunni or Shia but who do you follow in most of your practices e.g wudu?

1 Like

Re: Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory by Empiree: 3:10pm On Aug 30, 2015
^Wudu part got me rolling my eyes.

Sunni wash feet

Shia wipe feet

Is there any fundamental distinction at all or we are just playing linguistic games here?. Sunni do not 'wash' feet with sponge and soap. To me there is no difference between WASH & WIPE in this context. Both use water only. I am sure there are Sunni who simply wipe their feet as well. So this is no issue at all.

Yes, it's true and easy to say one doesn't belong to any faction but in practical sense it's. The reason for saying I don't belong to one is simply for the sake of staying out of sectarianism or sectarian conflicts.

As for two things left behind by the Prophet(SAW), that's just not issue for me either. As far as I'm concern both are same thing. Sunni have their version which says QURAN & SUNNAH. Shia say QURAN & AHL-AL BAYT.

Well, al-BAYT are people of Quran and sunnah as well, isn't? . I'm just trying to spot the real difference be the two. Sometimes, both Sunni and Shia are simply playing duff with religion.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply)

Ayatollah Khomeini's Book On Sex: For Shias / The Powers Of Ayatul Kursi / How Do U Realy Perform Ghusl Janabah?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.