Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,992 members, 7,821,460 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants - Education (1896) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants (2389373 Views)

FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 2015 Unilorin: Utme And Direct Entry Applicants / The medical students and aspirants thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1893) (1894) (1895) (1896) (1897) (1898) (1899) ... (1996) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants by samzheee(m): 3:10pm On Dec 12, 2015
Vcojuro:
Bros I don't believe the above write up.
I am a med student of the school and it is the most transparent school I have ever seen.
If your friend is very sure of his score ask for his username and password and check if he really scored 72.
I am not from Southwest and I was admitted on merit.
Drop the guy username, password and jamb registration no, I will check if he really scored 72.
The your friend may be lying who knows.
Everyone I knew that had above the required cutoff were admitted.
Somebody was telling a friend of mine that he had 82 in this year ui post jamb and still he was not admitted.
I was wondering what could have happened not knowing that his real score was 71 and not 82
please,will ui accept waec and neco combination for admission?
Re: Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants by GideonG(m): 3:48pm On Dec 12, 2015
samzheee:
please,will ui accept waec and neco combination for admission?

Yes! 5 credits in one sitting or 6 credits in 2 sittings
#We are uites#
I actually thank God for Unilorin's rejection because UI discovery is like the best thing that ever happenned to me. I'll still keep it secret till I gained admission. I am neither telling my family nor friends, it's only my NL friends that knows it. I can't wait to write jamb!
Re: Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants by adelolaa(m): 4:25pm On Dec 12, 2015
HERE DULL FAAAAAAAAAAAAA angry angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants by Asagna1(m): 4:30pm On Dec 12, 2015
Neesmart:
why is unilorin making the payment of bandwith compulsory before course registration
ave u been cleared already
Re: Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants by khassy(m): 5:28pm On Dec 12, 2015
Bidexluv:
Hi

A female room mate is needed Or wanted
Am a final student

Its a two bed rooms flat at 150k,
Each room has its bath and till, 75k
Kitchen is shared
Tiled and pumping of water when there is light
Its at MFM

The other room is taken,
So new room mate is to pay 37k5

The house needs to be washed and cleaned.

Thanks

Called but an oldie picked... What's up!!!!
Re: Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants by greatscholar(m): 5:49pm On Dec 12, 2015
GideonG:

#We are uites#
I actually thank God for Unilorin's rejection because UI discovery is like the best thing that ever happenned to me. I'll still keep it secret till I gained admission. I am neither telling my family nor friends, it's only my NL friends that knows it. I can't wait to write jamb!
Egbon. Mi naso....already revising past questions since back 2010..I believe its never too..wen there's life,there's hope..Team uite!!!
Re: Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants by Ridwan1821: 5:53pm On Dec 12, 2015
GideonG:

#We are uites#
I would have chose UI too when I wrote jamb last year but I opted in for Unilorin bcuz of the slow calendar of UI......UI is a good school tho. Best in 9ja and 8th in Africa.
Re: Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants by adelolaa(m): 6:49pm On Dec 12, 2015
angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants by DharmyYinks: 6:50pm On Dec 12, 2015
MzLarem:
When life gives u lemon,make lemonade..when life gives u pepper,make peppersoup..when life gives u ugwu,make efo riro..when life gives u rice,make tuwo shinkafa..when life gives u beans,make gbegiri..when life gives u apple,make applepie..

In Essence,make d best of whatever life throws @ u..there's always an option. Either 2 give up or to keep trying till u make it..#peace.
When life gives u water nko
Re: Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants by razor123(m): 7:06pm On Dec 12, 2015
DharmyYinks:

make ice water grin
Re: Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants by razor123(m): 7:07pm On Dec 12, 2015
Viewing this topic: razor123(m) and 2 guest(s)

Two guests. Who are you guys??
Re: Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants by razor123(m): 7:08pm On Dec 12, 2015
Iyoha240 gud evening. How school?? grin
Re: Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants by DharmyYinks: 7:50pm On Dec 12, 2015
Chai... see dryness
Re: Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants by Nobody: 7:54pm On Dec 12, 2015
DharmyYinks:
make ice-block nd sell it.
Re: Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants by Nobody: 7:55pm On Dec 12, 2015
temibobo8:
lwkm....
goo moring
Good evening.
Re: Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants by DharmyYinks: 8:11pm On Dec 12, 2015
MzLarem:
make ice-block nd sell it.
gringringrin

Next time u say...make cold water n sell it in d street of lag undecided dos holdup ehn tongue
Re: Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants by matthew80(m): 8:43pm On Dec 12, 2015
Temmi001:
Lol, opinion as in? I don't grab sire?

When you chose to excuse the lecturer...
Re: Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants by harjiyoung(m): 8:58pm On Dec 12, 2015
lotusflower:
cheesy cheesy cheesy Funny. I js gained admission last friday via direct entry. Dat, of course z to 200lv, dearie
Owkay,Gat you!!!
Re: Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants by IQDONABLE(m): 9:04pm On Dec 12, 2015
MzLarem:
Hope ur day was good sir?

I'm sorry for late reply ma'am, I've got Internet issues.

My day was splendid, I hope you've got a wonderful day.
Re: Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants by IQDONABLE(m): 9:06pm On Dec 12, 2015
Msstee , you're sighted wink
Re: Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants by IQDONABLE(m): 9:10pm On Dec 12, 2015
Kaybeeeee , I hope you're good sir. It's been a while man.
Re: Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants by adelolaa(m): 9:45pm On Dec 12, 2015
angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants by matthew80(m): 10:09pm On Dec 12, 2015
Anybody home?
Re: Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants by GideonG(m): 10:12pm On Dec 12, 2015
matthew80:
Anybody home?

Sure! Come in, and please don't remove ur shoes. What will u drink?
Re: Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants by GideonG(m): 10:18pm On Dec 12, 2015
GideonG:
God has been great to me ever since I came to Ilorin. Today I have no iota of doubt in my mind that I am already admitted to this great citadel of learning, Unilorin, better by far, Probitas Doctrina! It all started with my reluctance to go to church and at the same time, I wasn't feeling comfortable within me so I decided to get off the bed, took my bath and zoomed off to Ecwa Chapel at Challenge. The service started at around 9am but I arrived some few minutes to 11. When they said visitors should raise their hands about an hour later, I rose my hand and I was directed along with other visitors to the front seat reserved for us. I thought it will end after filling the visitors form but to my utmost supprise after a while in the course of the service, they started calling the names of each visitors on the altar, their mission of visit and their location. There and then my heart started pounding because where I Was meant to put my residential address, I put "New student of University of Ilorin" and at the space of my contact address, I put " Coming from Gombe State". My name was the last to be called so they introduced me as the student of University of Ilorin ON THE ALTAR! In my mind I claimed it absolutely! I stood up as expected and waved the entire church who seemed to be very welcoming. The choir sang for us while a couple of dozen elders came to greet us affectionately. One other interesting thing is during the anouncement, they said all parents should submit the post ume results and other relevant docs of their children looking for admission. Only God knows the number of professors in that church. So as people are busy engaging their long legs, I don't have to bother myself because God is already my longest leg. Congratulations to me on my successful admission!

This was a day after pume. Lol

1 Like

Re: Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants by matthew80(m): 10:36pm On Dec 12, 2015
GideonG:

Sure! Come in, and please don't remove ur shoes. What will u drink?

Vino Tinto is ok for tonight. I'm checking out some odds, wanna wreck Alabi tomorrow.
Cc: khassy, can you help?
Re: Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants by lotusflower(f): 11:14pm On Dec 12, 2015
DharmyYinks:
lotusflower... ve u left IB back to ilorin?
Yh,got bk 2 Ilorin today
Re: Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants by lotusflower(f): 11:16pm On Dec 12, 2015
Sveen:
I will pound sweet potato self join. grin
Re: Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants by Vcojuro: 11:18pm On Dec 12, 2015
King Solomon, in one of his documented sayings of wisdom, says: “The glory of the youth is their strength and the beauty of the old men is their grey head” – Proverbs 20:29. When I take a survey at N-I-G-E-R-I-A, I ask myself questions about the meaning of the saying. How well are the youth channelling their strength to good use thereby shining forth in their glory? Do the older and more experienced outsmart the youth in the regular daily contest for survival? These are questions to be addressed going forward.
Education has been said to be the liberation of the mind.

Perhaps, this is why most of our youth have seen it a necessity to go a step further after their secondary education to seek tertiary education. The widely accepted route for this aspiration is of course writing UTME, Universal Tertiary Matriculation Exam. We have seen instances where candidates’ application to some of our institutions are generally meddled with. On one hand, the failure of the candidate to secure admission is sometimes of their own.

They insincerely select their courses of study because they are influenced by society’s perception of certain courses as potentially unlucrative. Sometimes, this influence is from the pressure from parents. On the other hand, the selection criteria of our institutions are even beyond merit consideration. I was aggrieved upon discovering that the admission list of one of the nation’s most priced institutions, after the summer post-UTME exams, was tampered with. A combination of some of the successful candidates’ surnames with their UTME registration number revealed their results and some did not even scale the set cut-off marks published on the school’s website for their chosen course yet, they were on the merit list. In this same institution was a massive omission of names that were supposed to have been included on the merit list. What hypocrisy!

Apart from a dearth of facilities in our institutions, there is also a deliberate sieving of intellectual candidates in the corrupted admission process of most of our universities. For most people, the notion is you must have an internal contact that will push your admission for you else, your admission process is weak. This accounts for why selection based on merit is an act attended more by lip-service than practiced in reality.

Until our selection process is strictly based on merit and not interrupted by bribery and favoritism, we will never be properly represented on the international scale. We cannot continue to produce whacks yearly and expect our institutions to have high fliers in their alumni. Another way to allow the glory of the youth, which is their strength to shine forth, is by encouraging the sincerity of career selection, that is, the absence of criticism
of some career as not lucrative or prestigious. There is already an existing competition for enrolment for certain courses based on society’s perception of them as the ultimate source of rescue in the nation’s economic turmoil.

What we should target is a depopulation of these ‘lucrative’ career paths so that the opportunities that abound in the unpopulated sectors can be tapped into for economic growth. Hence, the gifting and passion of young people seeking further education into tertiary institutions should guide them in course selection. By so doing,

the tendency to fail the entrance exams into these institutions will be reduced if not eliminated. Another long- term investment to be made into our education nationwide is the provision of teachers and infrastructure for special courses such as art and design. Candidates with the innate talent for this field are either trained inadequately or bullied into taking on other courses for study-since a and design is traditionally perceived as an unprofitable venture meant for unserious persons. On their own paths, such candidates with unprofessional ambitions should do a good research on their course so as to articulate its advantage to their parents whose support they need.

Institutions in developed countries admit foreign students without employing favouritism or bribery to dictate for them. They even offer scholarships to support the study ambition of foreign students. Yet, our very own process in admitting our own youths to study has been tainted. The earlier our tertiary institutions begin to admit candidates strictly on merit, the sooner their names and intellectual output will become attractive to those who recognize quality. The best time to take a paradigm shift in our values as a nation is now so that the glory of our youths which is their strength can begin to shine accordingly.

www.vanguardngr.com/2015/12/our-varsities-and-the-corrupted-admission-process/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants by Nobody: 12:24am On Dec 13, 2015
IQDONABLE:

I'm sorry for late reply ma'am, I've got Internet issues.

My day was splendid, I hope you've got a wonderful day.
No problem..my day went well. Good morning nd happy sunday.
Re: Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants by adelolaa(m): 1:00am On Dec 13, 2015
angry angry angry sad angry angry angry angry
Re: Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants by adelolaa(m): 1:01am On Dec 13, 2015
Epistles everywhere angry angry angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (1893) (1894) (1895) (1896) (1897) (1898) (1899) ... (1996) (Reply)

UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.