Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,397 members, 7,830,025 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:11 PM

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants - Education (765) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants (2391613 Views)

FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 2015 Unilorin: Utme And Direct Entry Applicants / The medical students and aspirants thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (762) (763) (764) (765) (766) (767) (768) ... (1996) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants by haywhy911(m): 9:10pm On Oct 12, 2015
choose4me:

The bolded is very very wrong!
sorry.i had to barge in,pal but i think its very right. Google is just like a link to all links. It contains links to people's subjective opinions which might be very wrong. Like in the electrical engineering case,Google can just give u a link to an electrical engineer's blog which would definitely contain biased analysis. Google is broader than any other search engine but i believe Wikipedia is d most authoritative.I just hope u undastand me sha coz am not too good at explaining. Once again,sorry I barged in!
Re: Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants by khassy(m): 9:10pm On Oct 12, 2015
IDGAF:
Khassy.I hope aving Biology in my utme combo doesn't pose any threat for ICS!

not sure
Re: Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants by khassy(m): 9:10pm On Oct 12, 2015
agent9:

Me self only get one working now....

D rest don block

stuped Airtel undecidedundecided

1 Like

Re: Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants by khassy(m): 9:13pm On Oct 12, 2015
dynamo007:
u gas to resubscribe to use oh kuz e still dey work

E D stop jare except ypu get pishures to prove

I dnt mean using it to chat oooo... I mean using it for downloads
Re: Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants by Keyana(f): 9:13pm On Oct 12, 2015
IDGAF:
Khassy.I hope aving Biology in my utme combo doesn't pose any threat for ICS!
No, it doesn't.

Khassy when you turn female!? Thats gay bro. :p

1 Like

Re: Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants by SenoritaCristo: 9:17pm On Oct 12, 2015
sojikrown:
Sir/Ma a Staylite just said I need it ooo
My Dear, don't let anyone scare you or give you unnecessary high blood pressure.
Unless things have changed, other than that, You do not need jamb Registration slip, what you need is the result....that proves you registered for the exam.
I believe someone has listed the requirements above....except the Testimonial he wrote....I guess the rest are in order.
Pls, relax....if you relax and take things easy, you can't err.
By the way, I believe the school will list what is required.
For the sake of clarity:
1) Jamb result
2) waec/neco/ijmb result
3) birth certificate
4) passport with red background
5) certificate of origin
6) post utme result
7) admission letter

the above docs mentioned are for both before and after clearance....and dts wat i can remember for now.
And hey....am female! Ciao.
Re: Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants by starkid7k(m): 9:22pm On Oct 12, 2015
IDGAF:

Quite gud I thank God!
wow! Dax gud 2 hear...Xo wen are u leavin for Ilorin ?
Re: Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants by SenoritaCristo: 9:27pm On Oct 12, 2015
haywhy911:
sorry.i had to barge in,pal but i think its very right. Google is just like a link to all links. It contains links to people's subjective opinions which might be very wrong. Like in the electrical engineering case,Google can just give u a link to an electrical engineer's blog which would definitely contain biased analysis. Google is broader than any other search engine but i believe Wikipedia is d most authoritative.I just hope u undastand me sha coz am not too good at explaining. Once again,sorry I barged in!
ln my department, if you are given an assignment, research or whatever academic work to do and you quote Wikipedia as your reference...your work will be rejected by most lecturers! So....its not the most authoritative.....and dts just one loophole in your statement.
I don't know about your department...but if its d same in ur department and u are a fresher, when u resume, u will get to understand why he said "the bolded is very very wrong"
Re: Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants by Nobody: 9:35pm On Oct 12, 2015
SenoritaCristo:
for once I agree with you..... I seriously second this!

Oh! Glad you are with me on this one! cheesy
Re: Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants by Nobody: 9:41pm On Oct 12, 2015
holuwamurewa:
Nawao all the nl fresh babes no dey 1st list even mzlarem cry
Lol..Na so we see am o
Re: Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants by Nobody: 9:44pm On Oct 12, 2015
SenoritaCristo:
ln my department, if you are given an assignment, research or whatever academic work to do and you quote Wikipedia as your reference...your work will be rejected by most lecturers! So....its not the most authoritative.....and dts just one loophole in your statement.
I don't know about your department...but if its d same in ur department and u are a fresher, when u resume, u will get to understand why he said "the bolded is very very wrong"

1 Like

Re: Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants by haywhy911(m): 9:51pm On Oct 12, 2015
SenoritaCristo:
hi,am an aspirant. I wasn't aware of that but why is Wikipedia rejected? Is there a reasn 4 that? Cos i know Wikipedia provides (strong) reference 4 every answer they post. Wikipedia is the closest to 'facts'. Yeah. So can u pls explain why it is rejected by lecturers. Cheers!
Re: Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants by IDGAF(m): 9:52pm On Oct 12, 2015
starkid7k:
wow! Dax gud 2 hear...Xo wen are u leavin for Ilorin ?
Friday or Saturday.....But b4 monday.What about u?
Re: Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants by Nobody: 9:52pm On Oct 12, 2015
haywhy911:

Oh Jeez!! I really wish I wouldn't have to explain! Anyways, Thanks for barging in! That's how to stop people that make wrong assertions like me right? Oya lemme gist you ..

First, he likened Google to a waste bin.. A bin in this case is like a can or something that has the ability to and does contain trash. Now, to a very large extent, Google isn't a source of information in itself ( not totally) .. Google is a "search engine" that crawls and indexes sites via keywords and return a user's query based on matched keywords already indexed..But now, in a bid to widen it's coast and not just be a link to other websites, it now has its database of information. By this I mean Google Scholar( it pretty much does same thing as it's search engine but also has its own information).
My point is, the fact that Google links you to relevant sites does not make it a "bin" because it also leads you to "authoritative" sites as well. Now it's left to the user to apply "Information Retrieval Techinques" to sieve the results and get exactly what's needed.

Quote me anywhere, Wikipedia is wrongly seen by non-information professionals as an authoritative source, but "IT ISNT". Infact, no real Librarian or Information scientist should/will take such source serious.. Do you know why?? Wikipedia allows "just anybody" to add information to it without verification of their authority to do do.. Have you come across a wiki document that's states " citation needed" , " information not verified" etc on wikipedia? That's how unreliable it is. I'm not saying it's not useful though. I only gave the perception from Library Science..

*Make I pause here first, abi you still no gree ni?? grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants by Nobody: 10:01pm On Oct 12, 2015
choose4me:

Oh Jeez!! I really wish I wouldn't have to explain! Anyways, Thanks for barging in! That's how to stop people that make wrong assertions like me right? Oya lemme gist you ..

First, he likened Google to a waste bin.. A bin in this case is like a can or something that has the ability to and does contain trash. Now, to a very large extent, Google isn't a source of information in itself ( not totally) .. Google is a "search engine" that crawls and indexes sites via keywords and return a user's query based on matched keywords already indexed..But now, in a bid to widen it's coast and not just be a link to other websites, it now has its database of information. By this I mean Google Scholar( it pretty much does same thing as it's search engine but also has its own information).
My point is, the fact that Google links you to relevant sites does not make it a "bin" because it also leads you to "authoritative" sites as well. Now it's left to the user to apply "Information Retrieval Techinques" to sieve the results and get exactly what's needed.

Quote me anywhere, Wikipedia is wrongly seen by non-information professionals as an authoritative source, but "IT ISNT". Infact, no real Librarian or Information scientist should/will take such source serious.. Do you know why?? Wikipedia allows "just anybody" to add information to it without verification of their authority to do do.. Have you come across a wiki document that's states " citation needed" , " information not verified" etc on wikipedia? That's how unreliable it is. I'm not saying it's not useful though. I only gave the perception from Library Science..

true about Wikipedia, there was a time I could upload something on Wikipedia, I just didn't, as for Google, though it's not a bin, but as well it's not too reliable, type 'mrtopeqs' on Google and see what is brings out, does that make the information about MRTOPEQS reliable, it a profile I created myself, I could as well spice it up with lie, yet Google will still bring that out as a result.

lastly, It's a she, not a HE.
Re: Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants by Akjwyzepal(m): 10:02pm On Oct 12, 2015
With my experience as a webmaster and the little intro of ethical hacking I use Bing .com wen searching 4 d best result. I think yahoo search is also widely used. But google doesnt have moderators but wikipedia has so wiki is beta if u nid analysis.
Re: Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants by BANGERLEE1(m): 10:04pm On Oct 12, 2015
Please o guys what is stopping this acceptance fee payment now again?

Also in need of roomate asap.......

1 Like

Re: Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants by IDGAF(m): 10:11pm On Oct 12, 2015
Keyana:
No, it doesn't.

Khassy when you turn female!? Thats gay bro. :p
The famous Miss Keyana(By the way my surname is Kayang......For this,we shud get married!).Have heard how schorlarly u've been excelling in ICS.It's a pleasure I must say!

Still remember how I felt lyk throwing shots at u last yr when u weren't given ur choice course but ICS(the same ICS I applied 4)and u were lamenting.Lol I was soo sad!

I hope u are finding ICS interesting?

Thanks 4 ur answer by the way
Re: Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants by Temmi001: 10:14pm On Oct 12, 2015
choose4me:

The bolded is very very wrong!
Well, you would do well by proving it, at least I'ld learn something new by so doing.
Before then, Please note that when I say ''waste bin'', what I mean is that google is a search engine which uses a Search Query in finding key words inputted by users. Her algorithm is based on key-word Technology. Needless to say, whenever you search for something, there is no particular knowledge of machine intelligence deployed; the basic thing used is just the presentation of related searches across the 8billion Internet sources across the globe. Summarily, I referred to google as a waste bin because all it does is to direct you to the results of your search. Among these results could be Posts on blogs; sometimes written by young chaps without prior information. Take for instance, searching for "Unilorin admission List''. You'ld be directed to Unilorin's website, and a host of other Scammer website. How do they have anything to do with Unilorin? What I'm just saying is, someone in that field could post an article on his website sentimentally, if you search for something related, It directs you to the website. It's of course never google that posted it. Google only redirected you using the aforementioned technology. Provided the Informations are not encrypted, (such as mails,etc), google would always direct you to related searches when needed. So, yea, when I say waste bin, I mean, It's where you get different things...Both false and True. Anybody can post on his website, and google would simply help extract it if you need it. Thanks.
Re: Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants by Nobody: 10:29pm On Oct 12, 2015
Temmi001:
Well, you would do well by proving it, at least I'ld learn something new by so doing.
Before then, Please note that when I say ''waste bin'', what I mean is that google is a search engine which uses a Search Query in finding key words inputted by users. Her algorithm is based on key-word Technology. Needless to say, whenever you search for something, there is no particular knowledge of machine intelligence deployed; the basic thing used is just the presentation of related searches across the 8billion Internet sources across the globe. Summarily, I referred to google as a waste bin because all it does is to direct you to the results of your search. Among these results could be Posts on blogs; sometimes written by young chaps without prior information. Take for instance, searching for "Unilorin admission List''. You'ld be directed to Unilorin's website, and a host of other Scammer website. How do they have anything to do with Unilorin? What I'm just saying is, someone in that field could post an article on his website sentimentally, if you search for something related, It directs you to the website. It's of course never google that posted it. Google only redirected you using the aforementioned technology. Provided the Informations are not encrypted, (such as mails,etc), google would always direct you to related searches when needed. So, yea, when I say waste bin, I mean, It's where you get different things...Both false and True. Anybody can post on his website, and google would simply help extract it if you need it. Thanks.
I wish I can type dis long..
Re: Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants by Nobody: 10:29pm On Oct 12, 2015
mrtopeqs:

true about Wikipedia, there was a time I could upload something on Wikipedia, I just didn't, as for Google, though it's not a bin, but as well it's not too reliable, type 'mrtopeqs' on Google and see what is brings out, does that make the information about MRTOPEQS reliable, it a profile I created myself, I could as well spice it up with lie, yet Google will still bring that out as a result.

lastly, It's a she, not a HE.

Thanks for agreeing with the Wikipedia part but the example you sited isn't the best cuz you just drove home my point. You said I should type in "mrtopeqs", yea, it will return a result simply because a keyword that matches it is in the database. It has nothing to do with reliability of information. That is for the user to find out.

Lastly, google does "not think". So it has no way of gauging reliability. It simply matches keywords and returns results in a certain order which I don't wanna go into based on the algorithm it's programmed to work on.

Thanks for the gender notification too. #Smile
Re: Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants by Ridwan1821: 10:30pm On Oct 12, 2015
sojikrown:
But the e facility card can only be used once, and do I need jamb slip again for clearance?
U don't need Jamb slip for clearance. U don't even need it for registration. U can just print it if u like to print it but its of no use for ur clearance or registration..The main function of Jamb slip is for u to knw d time and day of ur exam and also the venue of d exam.
Re: Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants by wheesin(m): 10:34pm On Oct 12, 2015
MzLarem:

i swear..undecided type this long just to prove a point..no awards or money added to it..just basic argument. Well done guys.. i see we are approaching the [size=18pt]BIG ONE[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants by fawaz050(m): 10:35pm On Oct 12, 2015
waljos92:
Kwara state liaison office is located at 11, Idowu Martins Street, Victoria Island. P.O. Box 411, Victoria Island Lagos. Just go there with a minimum of 3,000 naira and with 3 passport photograph and you'll collect it that same day.
with no complication
Re: Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants by Nobody: 10:38pm On Oct 12, 2015
Temmi001:

I proved it my my last post.. Now that we are on same page, I'll let it rest.. Take care
Re: Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants by haywhy911(m): 10:42pm On Oct 12, 2015
choose4me:

First, she likened Google to a waste bin.. A bin in this case is like a can or something that has the ability to and does contain trash. Now, to a very large extent, Google isn't a source of information in itself ( not totally) .. Google is a "search engine" that crawls and indexes sites via keywords and return a user's query based on matched keywords already indexed..But now, in a bid to widen it's coast and not just be a link to other websites, it now has its database of information. By this I mean Google Scholar( it pretty much does same thing as it's search engine but also has its own information).
grin grin thanks bro. I don gree.ur post was insightful and i now knw wiki aint as authoritative as i believed it was. However,u have also agreed with me on ma primary point. My primary point was that Google provides links to partisan opinion just as much as it provides links to authoritative sources.
Thanks 4 d explanation sha.
"BARGING IN PAYS sometimes"- haywhy911
Re: Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants by dynamo007(m): 10:49pm On Oct 12, 2015
khassy:

E D stop jare except ypu get pishures to prove

I dnt mean using it to chat oooo... I mean using it for downloads
download ke you go wait 100yrs bfor you download 50 mb finish na just to chat n browse n to play COC grin
Re: Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants by Temmi001: 10:50pm On Oct 12, 2015
MzLarem:
lol. It's not as long as though you think nau...
Re: Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants by Jackossky(m): 10:51pm On Oct 12, 2015
Hahahahahahahah
Hummmm.....shey na bcoz this people no gree release 2nd list una con dey argue wan useless argue
If u like wikipedia use am if na Google use am
If na Bing use am...if na yahoo search use am
The wan wey pay u na im u go use

For me I respect the triple G
God
Google
Guns

Sorry for that guns.... It demand respect
Re: Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants by Temmi001: 10:53pm On Oct 12, 2015
wheesin:

i swear..undecided type this long just to prove a point..no awards or money added to it..just basic argument. Well done guys.. i see we are approaching the [size=18pt]BIG ONE[/size]
Sorry I had to quote you. But, I think individually, we do have several means via which we learn new things.perhaps typing this ''long'' is some people's avenue. Who knows?

1 Like

Re: Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants by Nobody: 10:53pm On Oct 12, 2015
haywhy911:
grin grin thanks bro. I don gree.ur post was insightful and i now knw wiki aint as authoritative as i believed it was. However,u have also agreed with me on ma primary point. My primary point was that Google provides links to partisan opinion just as much as it provides links to authoritative sources.
Thanks 4 d explanation sha.
"BARGING IN PAYS sometimes"- haywhy911

Yea! You're welcome.. Just sharing knowledge nooni.

@ mismoyo2015 , I'm gonna sue you for sharing my post without permission cheesy
Re: Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants by Temmi001: 10:59pm On Oct 12, 2015
sir Choose4me, please share MTNF's PQ... Let's leave google or no google aside for now biko. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (762) (763) (764) (765) (766) (767) (768) ... (1996) (Reply)

UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.