Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,863 members, 7,817,555 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

Diary Of A Jehovah's Withness.. - Literature (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Diary Of A Jehovah's Withness.. (45660 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Withness.. by Evangelio(m): 1:03pm On Feb 12, 2015
Good read, Emeka's father is a semi E-diot-sorry for the language- lets hope his new way lasts. Chioma needs a chastity belt, did Chuka tap any current from Nkiru?
I love JW's

Kudos Chinweblinks.
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Withness.. by ruffhandu: 2:42pm On Feb 12, 2015
Chinweblinkz:

divided i mean,na mistake

Modify it na.
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Withness.. by Mimikathy(f): 4:15pm On Feb 12, 2015
Y r u teasing us wit dis short update....
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Withness.. by Nobody: 8:16pm On Feb 12, 2015
~ ~ ~ ~
The day dawned bright,the early morning sun rays filtered into my room from the kink in the window.
I yawned and stretched,feeling giddy as I remembered that papa had presumably turned into a new leaf.
I whistled a local 'acapela' tone as i took my bathe,brushed and grabbed a bite.
I never knew the day would mark a change in my life,I never knew what lay ahead of me as i zeroed out of the house in a happy mood.
What happened?

Watch out for part Two..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Withness.. by aprilwise(m): 3:33am On Feb 13, 2015
Part two. Am waiting
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Withness.. by cozyvan: 10:13am On Feb 13, 2015
story so far........
my name sake u re too much
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Withness.. by misshoree(f): 2:06pm On Feb 13, 2015
Wow,this is the first story am really gonna devote myself to read on nl this year and I must say its captivating is an understatement.

Op,please update as soon as possible,I must finish this story.
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Withness.. by VigorousV(f): 2:36pm On Feb 13, 2015
wow....am speechless....don't know what to say....chinwe u kept me captivated all through GOD is your strength ...........anxiously waiting for the part two wink wink
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Withness.. by amanda2013(f): 9:45pm On Feb 13, 2015
Wow what a story!! Op abeg more mb to your phone. Come and update e e e e e e e!
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Withness.. by Nobody: 10:07pm On Feb 13, 2015
Nice story dearie :
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Withness.. by jezuzboi(m): 11:53am On Feb 14, 2015
Chinweblinkz:
''some people are pighead o'' Brother justice retorted,We were both relaxing over a bottle of guiness malt after the day's field service.
Brother justice was from Umuna congregration and we had been paired together.
He was a jolly good fellow but the problem he had was his aggresiveness,he would go to any length to score his point even if it means talking till his neck veins popped out and beads of perspiration rolled down his forehead.
'yes o'I agreed,nodding like an agama lizard.
The day's field service had left us breathless after minutes of trying to lay emphasis to two religious fanatics that there was no where in the bible were 'HELLFIRE' was written. You may see Hell or Hades but you wouldnt see HELLFIRE.
Hades otherwise known as HELL is a state of Unconciousness, The bible itself had said 'THE WAGES OF SIN IS DEATH' if HELLFIRE really exist that verse would simply be written as 'THE WAGES OF SIN IS ETERNAL TORMENT'.
Now tell me why the much loving father would cast his children into a place of Endless torment.How fair is that?
Even you as a human if you had an ever offending child would you punish the child forever?
The fanatics had concluded that we were religious zealots that specialize in turning the bible upside down.
And so we left not after spending some minutes trying to explain to this duo.
Our next stop wasnt that nice,the first question we were asked was that why we don't pray.
Brother justice took the lead,he asked them how many times in the bible that jesus prayed before teaching?
When I saw that his temper was getting out of hand I nudged him and took the reins,i told them that we do pray and I explained that it wasnt compulsory that we would pray whenever we enter any house.
We left after dropping few copies of awake with the title 'what do people say about God'.
The topic was delicate and that was why we had encounter so many questionaires.
Anyway our next stop was the worst,they slammed the door on our faces and we quietly walked away.

Now tell me why the much loving father would cast his children into a place of Endless torment.How fair is that?
Even you as a human if you had an ever offending child would you punish the child forever?

WHAT ABOUT FATHERS THAT USE THEIR CHILDREN FOR MONEY RITUALS?

Really nice story. Just stumbled into this, and this is as far as I have read. I'll follow to the end.
Interesting Piece Indeed! Keep Writing.

Modified:::: I want more.... Update soon. Thanks for the good read.
You are an amazing story teller. I'll vote you too.

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Withness.. by Lindajohn(f): 10:02am On Feb 15, 2015
Lindajohn following
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Withness.. by Nobody: 7:08am On Feb 16, 2015
Thanks all..but am nt happy with some folks who tag this story to various blogs and website without my permission.
Secondly,if U knw U are the one that tagged this story to coolval22.com blog kindly change the 'chinweblinks' to 'chinweblinkz'.
You lied to Val that i granted you the permission to tag my work,and I ask; where and when?
Bro or sis we are in a small world.
Good morning

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Withness.. by jezuzboi(m): 10:20am On Feb 16, 2015
Chinweblinkz:
Thanks all..but am nt happy with some folks who tag this story to various blogs and website without my permission.
Secondly,if U knw U are the one that tagged this story to coolval22.com blog kindly change the 'chinweblinks' to 'chinweblinkz'.
You lied to Val that i granted you the permission to tag my work,and I ask; where and when?
Bro or sis we are in a small world.
Good morning
I checked coolval22.com out. The guyman is following you bumpa to bumpa! Its a good thing he acknowledges you as the writer.
Can you please give a clue on when part 2 should be expected?
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Withness.. by Nobody: 12:22pm On Feb 16, 2015
Will be updating from tomoro,am a jambite nd i need som time to read.
Check my other work 'two sides of a coin'
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Withness.. by eitsei(m): 6:59pm On Feb 16, 2015
Chinweblinkz:
i wish u d best of luck in ur jamb, post jamb n eventually ur admission to study ur desired course.... all dis year.....aameen
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Withness.. by cofidentialoly(f): 1:35am On Feb 17, 2015
smileyNice one but pls update am waiting oooo
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Withness.. by Lionize: 7:54am On Feb 17, 2015
Chinweblinkz:
God's grace in your exams. Please make sure you always study very well before you come to update.
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Withness.. by Ipheyemmy01(m): 7:56am On Feb 17, 2015
Chinweblinkz:
Will be updating from tomoro,am a JAMBITO nd i need som time to read.
This time next year you will be regarded as a fresher in you choiced university. Best of luck dearie.

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Withness.. by Nobody: 1:21pm On Feb 17, 2015
eitsei:
i wish u d best of luck in ur jamb, post jamb n eventually ur admission to study ur desired course.... all dis year.....aameen
amen sweetheart!
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Withness.. by Nobody: 1:30pm On Feb 17, 2015
eitsei:
amen sweetheart!
Ipheyemmy01:

This time next year you will be regarded as a fresher in you choiced university. Best of luck dearie.
amen sweetie
Lionize:

God's grace in your exams. Please make sure you always study very well before you come to update.
okay dear,i will
eitsei:
amen sweetheart!
Ipheyemmy01:

amen sweetie
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Withness.. by Nobody: 6:56pm On Feb 17, 2015
PART TWO......
I slowly walked to my place of work in a liesure manner,midway I noticed two guys were following me,from whence they came from...I couldnt tell,I glanced behind me and my heart beat accelerated,they were few steps away and had a menacing scowl on thier face.
I wondered why I felt uncomfortable,It seemed quite childish,after all I hadnt hurt any one..I thought..
"hey stop there" One of the duo called out in a thick masculine voice that reminded me of papa's voice whenever he took raw okra.
I halted and took a deep breath.
They covered the distance between Us and the other guy made to grab me by the belt hook of my trouser.
I smartly took two steps backward.
"wetin i do now?"
"sharrap,you dey ask wetin you do,you don forget?" the guy with the deep voice asked,he was average height,dressed in moth-eaten brown singlet over jean baggy short,his biceps bulged and there was a drawing of cross swords tatoo on them.
The other guy was lanky with dreadlock and fleshy black lips and one didnt need a soothsayer to tell one that he was a junkie.
"maybe he don forget,make we remind am" he added with a wicked grin that made me develop cold feets instantly.
"abeg..make Una no vex,wetin i do?"
"no be you be the i-diot wey beat my babe yesterday?" Mr deep voice asked.
"am sorry,i didnt know she is your babe" I implored,darting my eyes from them to the street,i expected some of the people passing by would come to my rescue but it seemed I was on my own.
No one gave Us a second look.
"hey see the boy o,so U wan claim say you sabi speak grammar abi?" Mr lanky asked and before I knew it he grabbed me by my belt and the other guy dug his hands into my trouser pocket,He came out with nothing and it infuriated him.
"so U dry? That one means say we go give you the beating of your life" he threatened.
My stomach rumbled and my bowels gave way at the mention of 'beating',i had to fight back the urine that threatened to come out.
"abeg no vex,i no know say she be Ur babe"
"na babe we dey talk here abi na möney,fvck the babe,we need money"
I was surprised,a moment ago i thought they were keen ön giving me the beating of my life for laying my hands on Chioma,now they were telling me something else.
I didnt know if I should feel relieved or sad with this new turn.
"wetin U dey talk?"
"abeg i no hold money with me" i retorted also praying that they wouldnt have the idea of searching my breast pocket were i kept my phone and small army coloured wallet.
"you wan see our red eye..okwaya? Oya give Us something or we go scatter your face this morning" the lanky guy threatened.
I sighed and was about to start another round of pleading when the other guy_the impatient one with deep voice- pummeled me on my chest and i doubled over,they took turns to deal with me and after that they collected my wallet and phone.
"mumu,so you think say we no get eyes to see the wallet wey you carry for chest,fool! Because we just give you ground U come dey do anyhow,we go deal with you again if U try come near my babe" one of them said and a kick landed on my butt from behind as i was sprawled on the ground,i heard the sound of retreating footsteps as they swaggered away.
"criminals" I spat out as I made to stand up.
"give me your hand" a familiar feminine voice said suddenly,i was surprised and looked up...
Lo and behold ...it was nkeiru

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Withness.. by VigorousV(f): 7:49pm On Feb 17, 2015
wow...i love d twists nd turns,welldone dear....wish u success in ur exam
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Withness.. by jezuzboi(m): 11:16pm On Feb 17, 2015
Cool! Ride on!
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Withness.. by Nobody: 9:58pm On Feb 18, 2015
~ ~ ~ ~
I couldnt believe my eyes,who was I seeing? Nkeiru of all people! When did she return from lagos? These were the thoughts that chased each other in my mind as i slowly stood up with her help.
"Emmy what happened?" she asked while i silently dusted my cloth,the red sand gave my attire a different colour.
"I should be the one asking you how come you flew all the way to lagos to this place within a twinkle of an eye"
"so you are not happy to see me?" She asked,feeling hurt.
"I am...if you were in my shoes you would have asked same" i replied diplomatically and took a deep breath.
Thank Jah the Guys hadnt inflicted serious injuries on my body,just a minor gash here and there.
"okay,i came back yesterday.i wanted to surprise you,i was on my way to your residence when i saw those Guys dealing with you,who are they?"
I waved off the question,"never mind,so what brought you back? I thought you have decided to settle in lagos?"
By then we were both heading to my place of work,walking slowly and halting at intervals.
"a lot oo,Emmy i want to be truthful with you,i didnt miscarry the pregnancy,just a little problem that left me bleeding,i thought i had lost the baby but it wasnt so"
"what are you trying to say?" I asked,confused.
I wasnt ready for this twist,i had thought that the issue of pregnancy was bygone.
"Emmy am sorry,but the pregnancy is intact,i know you may not be happy about it"
"Nkeiru you shouldnt have told me that you had a miscarriage when you werent sure.How am I to know if you are not pulling at my legs again?" I asked heatedly.
She smiled wanly and placed a hand on her stomach which I suddenly noticed was now poking out from the gown she wore,her belly-button was evident.
"Emmy this is real,this is not a balloon"
"I just dont understand you again nkeiru,not at all.why did you come back? Why didnt you just continue staying at lag?"
"because I dont want to be the only one bearing the brunt of our hot passion. I sat down,took a good look at myself and knew I wouldnt be happy been a single mother,i dont want our baby to be called a bastard" she retorted,thereby provoking me.
I felt angry and something akin to devaju,it seemed all this had happened long ago and was just repeating itself.
I was totally confused.
"Nkeiru please we need to talk about this at the shop"
"thats good" she replied..
I cursed the day I knew her,I cursed the day i made up my mind to date a non_withness.
The ringing of my phone woke me up the next morning,I yawned,stretched and groped for my mobile phone.
"hello" Nkeiru's voice came from the other End,her voice was like an electric jolt_i quickly sat up,rubbing my eyes as I did so.
"Emmy good morning" She greeted when I grunted a 'HI'.
"morning,this one you woke me up,any problem?" I asked,stiffling a yawn.
"i called to tell you i will be going to antenatal by noon"
"what do you expect me to do?"
"your presence is needed"
I groaned angrilly "i thought i explained everything to you yesterday"
"and so? The music has changed,it is either you come and pick me or i come to your residence and inform your parents about Us"
I felt like slapping her then but she wasnt within reach.
"nkeiru listen to me.."
"there is nothing to listen about,come by noon" she rudely interrupted and disconnected the call.
I sighed and glanced at my wall clock,it was some minutes past 7am..
With a relentless sigh i stood up and performed my routine press_up.
"Nnaemeka I and your father has agreed that you go ahead with the plan of marrying Ogechi" Mama suddenly said that morning as she applied margarine on her slice of bread,we were both sitting at the dining table enjoying breakfast of lipton tea,bread and margarine.
I stilled and instantly dropped the buttered slice of bread i was eating.
"marry kwa??" I queried with a distinct frown on my forehead.
"werent you planing of marrying her after all she did for you when you were in jail"
I shooked my head "mama Oge remains a friend,nothing but a friend" I remarked,making myself clear.
"but she will make a good wife material" mama insisted.
"i dont see her as a potential wife,i dont love her so.."
"but it is convenient,we know her family very well,she is from a good household that upholds the law and commandments of Jehovah"
I sighed and gulped my tea.
"Mama,convenient or not,i am not marrying Ogechi,i have not harbour such thoughts"
"but we your parents and her parents thinks you have something going for her" mama said,leaning close.
"mama ozugo..i dont love Ogechi and am not thinking of marrying her,if her parents thinks that by rubbing shoulders with Us I will marry her they are wasting thier time,matter closed" I retorted with a note of Finality.
Ogechi?
Over my dead body

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Withness.. by Costlybabe: 10:43am On Feb 19, 2015
Hmmm,emeka na woA oo,for like see you and give you a dirty slap oo,chinwe you too much
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Withness.. by Ipheyemmy01(m): 11:59am On Feb 19, 2015
This is becoming serious.
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Withness.. by Nobody: 10:20pm On Feb 19, 2015
~ ~ ~ ~
The day turned out bad as i had feared,Nkeiru was an oppressing and over demanding female,it seemed I had stumbled into her other side_the ugly side of her.
I had gone to her residence and we both went to the hospital together,I was surprised that I had willingly went with her without standing firm to my earlier words.
Maybe it was the fear that she would inform my parents that made me follow her readily.
We flagged down a taxi that took Us to kingsway Hospital,after spending up to an hour there We came out and walked to a nearby cosmetics shop.
Nkeiru said her cream and soap were exhausted so I had no option than to get them for her.
I was bereft of words when she told the owner of the shop to get Nivea body lotion,papaya extract soap,lemon fresh face cleanser,nivea roll on and Sure perfume.
I watched her like she was a cartoon,with the rate she was going i was surely going to end up bankrupt.
"i thought you said you need your cream and soap ,what is the meaning of all this?" I asked,looking at her skeptically.
"haba..Emmy,i also need these too" She replied Unperturbed,engrossed in checking the expiry date of the items.
I heaved a sigh and scratched my head..
"how much for all of them?"
"the nivea body lotion is one thousand two hundred naira"
I gasped...
"the papaya soap is three hundred and fifty naira,the cleanser is two hundred and fifty naira,nivea roll on is five hundred naira and Sure perfume is four hundred and fifty naira,the total is two thousand seven hundred and fifty naira" the trader replied.
I groaned and grudgingly paid the money while Nkeiru "oohed" and "aahed" in fascination,she thanked me profusely while i silently thrashed myself...
See as i don become mugu...I mumbled as we parted ways at the junction.
I walked to the shop a depressed Youngman with a sullen face.
Nkeiru called me at the end of the day and thanked me profusely,she said so much that I couldnt hear due to the "wim-wim" sound of an approaching trailer.
I was on my way home then,walking like the burden of the world was on my shoulder.
I disconnected the call and switched off my phone,i wasn't in the mood for any conservation.
I Had a lot in my mind,instead of keeping the affair with nkeiru a secret why not tell my mother?
Maybe she would understand.
I wasnt opportuned to tell mama anything,I returned to a cold home,Chioma my sister was back and she was discussing with papa and mama when i entered the parlour,I saw the bead of tears below her eyes as I embraced her briefly and Enquired about her health.
She said she was fine,I shrugged and headed for my room.
Minutes later Sabina was sent to call me,I joined the trio at the parlour wondering what was next.
I got the second shock of my life in two days,Chioma my sister was pregnant!
Oh what could be so bitter than this ordeal?
Papa and mama were helpless,they brought up the idea of Aborting the pregnancy.
I wasnt shocked,I knew How they felt;what would our brethens say when they found out that the daughter of an outstanding Elder was pregnant out of wedlock?
It was a big shame..
A taboo Infact..
Chioma kept shaking her head,she wouldnt abort the pregnancy,she wouldnt,not in her life.
..Papa's temper ran out of control,he barked and growled,the veins in his neck nearly popping out.
Chioma stood to her ground.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Withness.. by kingphilip(m): 1:56am On Feb 20, 2015
Na wow o dem swear for Emeka family ne? see as him de jump from one palava to another o
as long as they r in tight situation I think abortion is not the solution so it should be shoved aside

chinwe tnx for d updates

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Withness.. by Nobody: 4:58pm On Feb 20, 2015
tnx NYC story....wishing 4 more
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Withness.. by Nobody: 7:10pm On Feb 20, 2015
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Withness.. by Nobody: 7:20pm On Feb 20, 2015
~ ~ ~ ~
I went to bed restless,i couldnt sleep,i was just tossing this way and that,things were really looking bad,not only Nkeiru's issue,i had my sister's problem to think about.
How could life be so cruel,throwing Us one tragedy to another.
What crime had we commited? My home could now be likened to 'fuji house of commotion'..with the way things were going shitty for Us.
I managed to sleep but it was during the wee hours of the morning,I didnt sleep for more than three hours before the incessant crowing of cockerels woke me Up.
I did a little exercise before heading to the tiolet to answer natures call.
On my way from the 'shit' business i passed my parents room and I stilled on hearing Mama mention "chioma".
I didnt need a prophet to tell me they were discussing chioma's saga,with a helpless shrug i walked on,thinking about other things.
. I got to my room just as my phone started ringing,the caller display was that of Chioma the wh.ore,i wanted to ignore the call but something made me to pick it.
Maybe i still felt something for her..
"helow what is it again? Why are you calling me?" i asked with a tinge of anger.
"Emmy am sorry"
"sorry for what?" i flared,grasping the phone hard.
"you are a big id-iot hope you know that? Dont ever call me again" i growled and disconnected the call.
"Emmy who was that?" a Voice asked from behind,i stilled fleetingly before turning to acknowledge who the intruder was.
It was chioma my sister,wearing a see-through silk nightie,she was also wearing one of those wool knitted hair net.
I sighed and waved off the question,I can take good care of myself.
Chioma closed the door behind her and leaned on it,i noticed the far away look in her eyes and my heart lurched.
"chayoma whats up?" i felt compelled to ask.
She shooked her head.
"i brought all this to myself,i hate the lady i have become but i cant get rid of the baby,never" She remarked.
"you have to listen to mama and papa's say in the issue"
She blinked twice. "dont tell me you are in support of this abortion stuff?"
I folded my arms defiantly.
"what do you expect me to say,that you should stay here and.." i paused and bit my lower lip,i couldnt bring myself to complete the sentence.
"its okay its okay,i understand"she retorted calmly and I felt bad for raising my voice.
After breakfast Papa told Us (i and chioma) that he and Mama had reached an agreement,Chioma would be going to stay with Aunt Isabella at Benin and she would come back after giving birth to the baby.
"what about the baby?" Chioma asked.
"you will come back after weaning the baby,Isabella will take care of the baby"Papa replied.
She shooked her head "i dont think so,anyway there is enough time left"
"Nna'm what do you have to contribute about the issue?" Papa asked,his question shocked me,was the over dominant Papa really changing for good?
Had i heard him properly? Did he just called me "Nnam" (my father).
"erm" I cleared my throat.
"i think the idea is good since Aunt Isabella doesnt have a child but Chioma have to decide for herself If she wants to train the child or If she want Aunt to train the child".
Matter closed...
The day had been a trifle hectic,there was these Ipad phone i was dealing with that gave me tough time,i had to flash it twice before knowing what was the fault,i later discovered that the panel had spoilt so it was a herculian task all the way go.
I was having a hurried lunch of African salad with garden egg as spinach and well fried fresh fish when my phone rang,it was Chuka,we engaged in small talk before he told me he saw Nkeiru yesterday.
"whats up with her?" He asked inquistively,
I hestitated before telling him everything from the scratch to the to top about the Ugly business with her.
He whistled "my dear you need to do something oo"
"something like what? Am confused" i retorted with a helpless sigh.
"why not think about it this way;talk to your parents about it,don't chicken out"
"you know Nkeiru is not a JW naa" I reminded him.
"all the same talk to them,you are a man and an only Son for that matter,take the horse by the reins"
"i don hear oo,but between you and I am not thinking of marrying now,i have a lot of unfinished business"
He chuckled "all the same,talk to them.I got your back bro" He encouraged.
I heaved a sigh of relief just as I disconnected the call,I returned to the meal but I had lost my appetite.
D9ty7,Divepen,kingphilip,Emzyme.
I sight U all.
Love ya doses

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

The Tenth Generation / Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees / Hearts and Hints Magazines

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.