Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,887 members, 7,814,006 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

If You Could Add 1 Feature To NAIRALAND.... - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / If You Could Add 1 Feature To NAIRALAND.... (1702 Views)

Suggested New Feature To Nairaland / My Love Letter To Nairaland / Who Introduced You To Nairaland? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Could Add 1 Feature To NAIRALAND.... by Tolzeal(m): 5:50pm On Dec 14, 2014
[center]If you could add one feature to NL, what would it be?[/center]

Be realistic....

Mine would be Scammer Database notification on profile/posts.
Re: If You Could Add 1 Feature To NAIRALAND.... by Nobody: 5:56pm On Dec 14, 2014
Share button should not be limited to just NL, we should equally share some post on FB etc...

1 Like

Re: If You Could Add 1 Feature To NAIRALAND.... by yungchop: 6:02pm On Dec 14, 2014
the chop slap button for those that schooled or are schooling in France. those nights are annoying

3 Likes

Re: If You Could Add 1 Feature To NAIRALAND.... by JeffreyJamez(m): 6:10pm On Dec 14, 2014
Dislike button.......and Member Reputation

1 Like

Re: If You Could Add 1 Feature To NAIRALAND.... by dOnLarich: 6:23pm On Dec 14, 2014
Dislike button ...
Re: If You Could Add 1 Feature To NAIRALAND.... by Tolzeal(m): 6:28pm On Dec 14, 2014
JeffreyJamez:
dOnLarich:
Dislike button ...

I dont think the *DISLIKE* would be accepted by seun. Even Mark Zuckerberg of facebook discarded the idea Last week during an interview with the fans.

Thanks anyway for ur suggestion.

3 Likes

Re: If You Could Add 1 Feature To NAIRALAND.... by Movesz(m): 6:48pm On Dec 14, 2014
Hook up button
Re: If You Could Add 1 Feature To NAIRALAND.... by Celebrimbor(m): 8:27pm On Dec 14, 2014
A feature that tells a nairalander, who is about to start a new topic, if his topic has already being posted to avoid duplicating topics.

5 Likes

Re: If You Could Add 1 Feature To NAIRALAND.... by Tolzeal(m): 10:43am On Dec 15, 2014
Celebrimbor:
A feature that tells a nairalander, who is about to start a new topic, if his topic has already being posted to avoid duplicating topics.

It's a nice idea bruh... but do u think this would be possible..? different topic name with different keywords...?
Good idea dou.. wink
Re: If You Could Add 1 Feature To NAIRALAND.... by Blayze007(m): 12:25pm On Dec 15, 2014
Inbox for messages... NL messages. Dat way, u can get a message from someone without the need to check email.

Would also like to know the "LIKERS"..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Could Add 1 Feature To NAIRALAND.... by adefemi007(m): 1:46pm On Dec 15, 2014
Share to other social sites
Re: If You Could Add 1 Feature To NAIRALAND.... by Celebrimbor(m): 6:18pm On Dec 16, 2014
Tolzeal:

It's a nice idea bruh... but do u think this would be possible..? different topic name with different keywords...?
Good idea dou.. wink
YES....... IT JUST REQUIRES ALOT OF CREATIVITY ON THE PART OF SEUN AND HIS HENCHMEN LOL
Re: If You Could Add 1 Feature To NAIRALAND.... by Tolzeal(m): 5:24pm On Dec 17, 2014
Celebrimbor:
YES....... IT JUST REQUIRES ALOT OF CREATIVITY ON THE PART OF SEUN AND HIS HENCHMEN LOL

smiley smiley
Re: If You Could Add 1 Feature To NAIRALAND.... by Seun(m): 6:23pm On Dec 17, 2014
Nice ideas!!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Could Add 1 Feature To NAIRALAND.... by Nobody: 6:33pm On Dec 17, 2014
Blayze007:
Inbox for messages... NL messages. Dat way, u can get a message from someone without the need to check email.

good one.

1 Like

Re: If You Could Add 1 Feature To NAIRALAND.... by joywendy(f): 6:36pm On Dec 17, 2014
3cycle:
Share button should not be limited to just NL, we should equally share some post on FB etc...

exactly!!!

a delete thread button or post. To enable you delete your thread or post without you having to always reach out to the ogas at the top called super mods and seun. lipsrsealed

The nairaland apps should also be upgraded.

1 Like

Re: If You Could Add 1 Feature To NAIRALAND.... by blueyedgeek(m): 6:37pm On Dec 17, 2014
Well, I second the 'chop slap' button by yungchop.

Then we'll get to see some posts with '100 hot slaps'

100 hot slaps == 1 year ban;

1 Like

Re: If You Could Add 1 Feature To NAIRALAND.... by Tolzeal(m): 6:47pm On Dec 17, 2014
joywendy:

exactly!!!

a delete thread button or post. To enable you delete your thread or post without you having to always reach out to the ogas at the top called super mods and seun. lipsrsealed

The nairaland apps should also be upgraded.

The delete thread idea...? Do u think of what the consequences might really be??

1 Like

Re: If You Could Add 1 Feature To NAIRALAND.... by okotv(m): 6:47pm On Dec 17, 2014
posting videos without links

cc: seun
Re: If You Could Add 1 Feature To NAIRALAND.... by Chrisbenogor(m): 7:00pm On Dec 17, 2014
An expand button to cut short a quoted post that exceeds a certain amount of words.

2 Likes

Re: If You Could Add 1 Feature To NAIRALAND.... by ireneony(f): 8:00pm On Dec 17, 2014
Blayze007:

nice, but i don't like the idea of knowing the likers because this is a forum
Re: If You Could Add 1 Feature To NAIRALAND.... by ireneony(f): 8:02pm On Dec 17, 2014
Tolzeal:

The delete thread idea...? Do u think of what the consequences might really be??
is also a good idea.....u know sometimes when u update your status on Facebook and u don't like it, all u need to do is delete the status.
Re: If You Could Add 1 Feature To NAIRALAND.... by nwaobitex: 8:26pm On Dec 17, 2014
Lol grin
Re: If You Could Add 1 Feature To NAIRALAND.... by Isiterere(m): 9:11pm On Dec 17, 2014
Re: If You Could Add 1 Feature To NAIRALAND.... by Isiterere(m): 9:15pm On Dec 17, 2014

I think there should be profile meter; showing how long and active a member is on nairaland.
This will discourage unnecessary closing of profile account.

ALL IZZ WELL
Re: If You Could Add 1 Feature To NAIRALAND.... by Ymodulus: 10:26pm On Dec 17, 2014
Blayze007:

I believe seun will also agree with me on this.

I don't think its a good idea for us to know the LIKERS of our post as this will lead to people return like for like ( e.g I will give seun a like cux he liked my post and not because I really want to give him the like. ) and not for the true essence as it is now

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Could Add 1 Feature To NAIRALAND.... by Ymodulus: 10:27pm On Dec 17, 2014
Blayze007:

Re: If You Could Add 1 Feature To NAIRALAND.... by HARDDON: 1:46am On Dec 18, 2014
JeffreyJamez:

1) sure membership reputation, Seun(NL )should be able to give honour to whom honour is due. Recognise folks that have been with him tru d thick n think n have help in one way or the other, introduce people to the platform.

Wood, Bronze, silver, gold ,Platinum members depending on logetivity n how active d person is.

Each group can have sub categories too.

2) NL should most def have an insitu inbox. Imagine going off to ur email b4 u r able to read ur pms. Not nice.

These r the best two

1 Like

Re: If You Could Add 1 Feature To NAIRALAND.... by Nehemiah459(m): 5:30am On Dec 18, 2014
Dislike button is a no go area, but I suggest the smiley should be updated adding more expressions.

1 Like

Re: If You Could Add 1 Feature To NAIRALAND.... by akinsadeez(m): 8:08am On Dec 18, 2014
HARDDON:

1) sure membership reputation, Seun(NL )should be able to give honour to whom honour is due. Recognise folks that have been with him tru d thick n think n have help in one way or the other, introduce people to the platform.

Wood, Bronze, silver, gold ,Platinum members depending on logetivity n how active d person is.

Each group can have sub categories too.

2) NL should most def have an insitu inbox. Imagine going off to ur email b4 u r able to read ur pms. Not nice.

These r the best two

I don't agree with the bolded. You are gonna turn Nairaland into another version of 2go where people start placing so much emphasis on their star status.

Some people would start forming superstar based on their status/reputation of their account.
Some people would start posting nonsense just to improve their status and move to the next level and it would also encourage the opening of multiple accounts. (you would be surprised the kinda thing some people take so serious)
soon you would start seeing threads like ''cheat to move your Nairaland account to platinum within two weeks':.
In my opinion, Nairaland is too mature(for want of a better word) for such a thing. There is advantage in our equality since this is a 'faceless' forum.

1 Like

Re: If You Could Add 1 Feature To NAIRALAND.... by JeffreyJamez(m): 8:44am On Dec 18, 2014
Nehemiah459:
Dislike button is a no go area, but I suggest the smiley should be updated adding more expressions.

I like the idea of more smileys
Re: If You Could Add 1 Feature To NAIRALAND.... by joywendy(f): 9:43am On Dec 18, 2014
Tolzeal:

please can you enlighten me on the consequences?

ireneony:
is also a good idea.....u know sometimes when u update your status on Facebook and u don't like it, all u need to do is delete the status.

Exactly! though facebook is a social network not a forum. i still feel as members we should have the right to delete our own posts or threads if we don't like them.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Women With Bigger Butts Produce More Intelligent Children – Study / What Is The First Thing You Do When You Wake Up / Share Your Happy Independence Day Picture You Have Come Across On Social Media

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.