Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,617 members, 7,816,539 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:50 PM

My Thoughts And Questions About Religion - Religion (127) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Thoughts And Questions About Religion (230272 Views)

Questions About Religion For The Deep Thinker / Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion / Questions About Demon Possession - Nairaland Demonology Experts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by LordReed(m): 12:49pm On Nov 06, 2020
dontrulee:
Religion is a phenomenon man created to shift responsibility from himself to some "unknown deity".

God cannot be proved nor disproved. So arguing for or against God doesn't make sense at all.

For me, I think it is better to just enjoy and live life here and now, be conscious of this moment. Live in the present and not in the past nor the future. Every religion claims to be the true religion and they say all other religions are false, I am not proving or disputing such facts at all. What I observed is that even if there is an element or iota of truth in any religion, the priests have woven doctrines around it and this has killed the truth.

It's better to go within yourself and look inside of yourself and discover your true being. Why become like Christ when existence has made you something else. Existence has produced one Christ and that's enough. Existence doesn't repeat itself and if you try to become Christ by all means, you'll only be a dead Christ and not a living Christ because you'll loose your authencity.

If you believe in God, fine.
If you don't believe in God, fine.

But, have you believed in yourself?
You've not seen God, but you can see yourself right? Why not start from going deep within yourself?

All the efforts of religion is to take the focus from yourself to God, whereas you're supposed to start from Yourself.

I like this.

4 Likes

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by joseph1013: 1:55pm On Nov 08, 2020
Ifiokabasi Naomi

When Rahama Sadau received backlash from #ArewaTwitter and Kannywood suspended her, the last thing I expected her to do was apologise. I think that action made me indifferent. I mean, was there a need to talk about the oppressive culture against women in the North and how something as mudane as just showing your back in a dress can send everyone frothing in the mouth and policing your choice of clothing if the women there see nothing wrong with it?

It would have been a case of drinking panadol for another's headache.

But just yesterday, Ms. Sadau was invited by the police. Not for stealing. Not for fraud. Not for killing her lover. Not for molesting a child. She was called in for... You guessed right! Showing her back in a dress and bringing shame and reproach to Islam.

The United Arab Emirates, just yesterday made a major overhaul on its laws including those that concern women. Stiffer punishments would be meted out to those who abuse, harass, molest, rape or even kill women in the name of honor killing.

In the 21st century, isn't it absolutely disgraceful that the police, rather than shun and if need be, take action against religious fanatics who would want to incite violence against women or any other group because of something like dressing, wearing a dress that shows one's back would instead choose to use its devices and resources to further oppress her for her choices and right to exoression? In a secular country that has in the last few days said it is concerned with protecting the human rights of its citizens. SMH. Yet, another country, a religious one at that, is moving in the opposite direction. A direction that fits the times. A direction the world commends. A direction that signifies growth.

Please can you people tell Northern Nigeria that the people they are so emulating, the people that should be carrying this sharia thing on their heads have left them oh. They are moving with the times and trends. Anyone that doesn't want to move will be left behind. You people should please, beg them for me so that Nigeria can move too naaaaaawwwwwww. Even if it is small inch like this.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by LordReed(m): 3:44pm On Nov 08, 2020
joseph1013:
Ifiokabasi Naomi

When Rahama Sadau received backlash from #ArewaTwitter and Kannywood suspended her, the last thing I expected her to do was apologise. I think that action made me indifferent. I mean, was there a need to talk about the oppressive culture against women in the North and how something as mudane as just showing your back in a dress can send everyone frothing in the mouth and policing your choice of clothing if the women there see nothing wrong with it?

It would have been a case of drinking panadol for another's headache.

But just yesterday, Ms. Sadau was invited by the police. Not for stealing. Not for fraud. Not for killing her lover. Not for molesting a child. She was called in for... You guessed right! Showing her back in a dress and bringing shame and reproach to Islam.

The United Arab Emirates, just yesterday made a major overhaul on its laws including those that concern women. Stiffer punishments would be meted out to those who abuse, harass, molest, rape or even kill women in the name of honor killing.

In the 21st century, isn't it absolutely disgraceful that the police, rather than shun and if need be, take action against religious fanatics who would want to incite violence against women or any other group because of something like dressing, wearing a dress that shows one's back would instead choose to use its devices and resources to further oppress her for her choices and right to exoression? In a secular country that has in the last few days said it is concerned with protecting the human rights of its citizens. SMH. Yet, another country, a religious one at that, is moving in the opposite direction. A direction that fits the times. A direction the world commends. A direction that signifies growth.

Please can you people tell Northern Nigeria that the people they are so emulating, the people that should be carrying this sharia thing on their heads have left them oh. They are moving with the times and trends. Anyone that doesn't want to move will be left behind. You people should please, beg them for me so that Nigeria can move too naaaaaawwwwwww. Even if it is small inch like this.

Turkey under the Ottomans decriminalised homosexuality in the 19th century meanwhile our country men decided we should regress to pre-electrification norms. Silly.

1 Like

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by joseph1013: 2:47pm On Nov 11, 2020
YAHWEH, THE DIY GOD
It was quite a stroke of luck for the Jews. Out of all the peoples in the world, the 12 small tribes of Israel were the chosen people—they were personally chosen by God, who had created the entire universe some 13.8 billion years earlier.

As if that was not enough, God promised them the lands of the Kenites, Kenizzites, Kadmonites, Hittites, Perizzites, Rephaites, Amorites, Canaanites, Girgashites and Jebusites AND, to conquer these lands, he gave them permission to slaughter, rape, take slaves and pillage. Incredibly lucky that God was so understanding.

God gave the Israelites laws to live by and they were lucky AGAIN! He turned a blind eye to the cruel habits of these Iron-Age herdsmen and allowed them to continue holding slaves, selling their daughters, stoning brides for not bleeding on their wedding night and even killing their children if they were unruly. God really wanted his chosen people to be happy.

To top it all, God had remained totally hidden for billions of years until he revealed himself around 3,500 years ago. No-one knew anything about him before that moment (people already had plenty of other gods to worship). And who were the ONLY people on the planet he chose to reveal himself to? The Israelites! It all worked out so well.

It couldn't have been any better if the Israelites had made the whole thing up.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by joseph1013: 2:20pm On Nov 18, 2020
If getting people to think rationally was easy, the job would be done by now. But it's not, and now is not the time to give up.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by Hermes119: 8:39pm On Nov 18, 2020
You don't believe that people were killed at the lekki toll gate despite the first hand eye witness accounts,live videos,meticulous media analysis and reports by reputed media outlets and confirmation of casualties from the families of the deceased,you are still asking for "evidence". But guess what,you believe that a snake and donkey spoke Yiddish,the red sea was divided,the sun stood still,a man ascended into space on a chariot,Zombies came out of their graves and perused Jerusalem, five loaves of bread and two fishes fed 3000 people and the list goes on and on and when we ask for evidence you present us a book which is a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of the original copy which was written thousands of years ago by authors we know not,lost,found,recopied,compiled,transliterated,translated, retranslated all by people we do not know and then passed to us by our slave masters who do not have any use of it anymore. There you go,this is a more credible evidence than the ones you have in support of the lekki toll gate killings

2 Likes

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by joseph1013: 9:38am On Nov 30, 2020
Can anyone defend this gaga quote?

"Christianity is not the discovery of a truth but a path that leads to truth."

2 Likes

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by joseph1013: 11:31am On Dec 02, 2020
EXPECT TO BELIEVE LIES...

There are many things we could wish for but, if you have only one wish, you need to make it really work for you. My wish would be that people would care, really care, whether or not the things they believe are true.

Our behaviour is driven by our beliefs yet the great majority of people in the world are more concerned to believe things that make them happy than to believe things that are true.

Believing you could spend eternity in Heaven may make you happy but it may also change how you behave in life. It may encourage you to think of your life as an unimportant prologue to the real thing—worse still it may make you think other people's live are unimportant too...

If you believe things that make you happy, expect to believe lies. And expect to make bad decisions, and expect to be less than you could be.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by joseph1013: 11:30am On Dec 07, 2020
The phrase ‘fake pastor’ is tautological. The word ‘pastor’ will do.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by joseph1013: 12:58pm On Dec 14, 2020
No one who has communed with the ineffable creator could ever doubt his existence.

So why are there apostates?

3 Likes

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by Telsidelake: 9:35am On Dec 15, 2020
I wish God will reveal himself to me so i don't become an atheist. sad

My problem with Christians especially Nigerian Christians is that when everything is going well for you and not for another person, you feel you know how to pray pass.

I sometimes look at Christian women who are prayer warriors trying to conceive and i wonder why some people give birth easily and some don't. Is it that some people know the right way to pray or is it luck?

Another thought i sometimes have is that in the bible, especially the psalms you hear about God's steadfast love and loving kindness but in the old testament, God was not really that kind. .

I think in life, if you are not disabled in anyway or paralyzed or living in a war torn country, you need to be grateful because there is so much suffering out there.

And the saddest part is being a Christian does not make you exempt from suffering. One day your luck might just run out and you join the unlucky ones.

I have so many doubts and i can't express them to the Christians around me. Nigerians are very judgemental. People in the compound even monitor you to know whether you went to church.

Yes, i am rambling. I needed a place to pour out my thoughts.

3 Likes

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by Nobody: 11:48am On Dec 15, 2020
Religion doesn't explain things.
It only makes them more absurd.
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by LordReed(m): 11:51am On Dec 15, 2020
Telsidelake:

My problem with Christians especially Nigerian Christians is that when everything is going well for you and not for another person, you feel you know how to pray pass.

I sometimes look at Christian women who are prayer warriors trying to conceive and i wonder why some people give birth easily and some don't. Is it that some people know the right way to pray or is it luck?

Another thought i sometimes have is that in the bible, especially the psalms you hear about God's steadfast love and loving kindness but in the old testament, God was not really that kind. .

I think in life, if you are not disabled in anyway or paralyzed or living in a war torn country, you need to be grateful because there is so much suffering out there.

And the saddest part is being a Christian does not make you exempt from suffering. One day your luck might just run out and you join the unlucky ones.

I have so many doubts and i can't express them to the Christians around me. Nigerians are very judgemental. People in the compound even monitor you to know whether you went to church.

Been there brother. I am an atheist now but if you ever need to talk hit me up. No judgement, no proselyting just straight up talk.
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by SisterFire(f): 1:50pm On Dec 15, 2020
Mi lovit
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by joseph1013: 2:29pm On Dec 15, 2020
On December 15, 2014, I made my first post on this thread. Today makes it the 6th year anniversary of that post.

What a journey it's been.

Not a single regret leaving religion.

Below is my first post...

Hi friends, I don't even know if I can follow through with this and continue infinitely like I would love to do. I don't know. I only have a feeling that writing best captures what I have to say.

This page will be my questions and thoughts page.

I am not naive enough to expect that most who come to this page will abandon the faith they hold dear, but I do hope to convince my readers that many of us who walk away have not done so out of a rebellious, juvenile whim, but rather out of a careful weighing of the reasons for and against our former faith. Our decision, far from being "sad," as many of my friends and family perceive it, represents a move from unquestioning acceptance of tradition to a spirit of openness and adventure that pursues the evidence wherever it leads. We left in pursuit of truth.

A little about me: I grew up in a devoted Christian family, loving the Lord. I was devoted and zealous. I was the 'dream' child. And because I was equally brilliant, parents pointed me as an example to their kids.

Of course as I grew up, I had questions. One of the earliest I remember was asking how Cain had a wife if there were only three people on earth (Abel having died). The answer my mum gave to that and many of the innocent questions of mine at a tender age was that I should make sure I get to heaven so I can ask God myself. It didn't prove sufficient but what was a child to do otherwise?

I was a part of my school christian groups. I also remember being picked by the Children Church's teachers to preach to the entire Church congregation on Children's Sunday. It was awesome.

When I got to one of the foremost Federal Universities, I could not be more devoted. I was now into theological texts and got more than five translations of the Bible. I was a walking bible. Of course, there were no bible apps at that time. I consumed alot of religious materials, and read books by so many Christian authors. I also got into reading Islamic texts, mainly so I could know what I was talking about when I encountered Muslim apologists, and oh I was very successful with them.

With time, I was made a Pastor of one of the most vibrant fellowships on Campus. We did not only study the Greek and Hebrew renditions, we knew at heart copious parts of scriptures and could reel them out in our sleep. We were respected on Campus, not the least by the Christian community. We would argue scriptures and rattle men with our knowledge of the redemptive work of Christ and the concept of the New Creation.

As an Engineering student, I spent 3 of my 5 years being a Pastor of this fellowship.

It was after my NYSC that I came across certain comments in books that made me look twice and search further to see if what I had believed and devoted my time to were indeed true.

I have been on this journey for a while now and I can say that I have come to a stage where I can sufficiently say that I am longer a Christian or a religionist. I do not conclusively deny the existence of God, but I can totally say that nobody has given me a convincing evidence for the existence of the Abrahamic God.

Some have told me that I am angry with God. That cannot be true, for you cannot get angry with something you are convinced does not exist in the context that I mentioned earlier. Some have said I believed wrongly, to these folks I say they know not what they sayeth.

I invite Christian readers, as well as other God-believers to consider the possibility that my apostasy is a result not of divine or diabolical deception but of a simple weighing of the evidence ... It might be that I am wrong. It might be that I have not sought God sufficiently or studied the Bible thoroughly enough or listened carefully enough to the many Christians who have admonished me ... Maybe. But the knowledge that billions of seekers have lived and died, calling out to God for some definitive revelation without ever receiving it, or receiving revelation that conflicts with the revelation others have found, contributes to my suspicion that there is no personal God who reveals himself to anyone.

One of my primary reasons for having this page is self-serving: I do not relish knowing that others consider me to be on the road to eternal damnation if I don't repent, and I want to do what I can to change their perception of those of us who do not share their faith. Yet is this self-serving endeavour reckless? If I believed it would worsen the lives of all those who follow my thoughts and questions, then yes, it would be reckless. But I am convinced that life can actually improve for those who come to understand that our earthly existence is not simply a stage, a cosmic morality play, a precursor to an eternity to come. This life is the real (and only) deal.

Enjoy...

And hey, if you look at my Nairaland history, I do love Football a lot and I'm an investment buff. I'm interested in Politics too and most of all, I love adventure. I love to travel and see new places. I'm also an eclectic reader. Who says unbelievers have a boring life? tongue

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by Telsidelake: 4:44pm On Dec 16, 2020
Another problem i have is religion in Nigeria. If i was abroad perhaps i won't be having all this doubts.

Pastors praying for their congregation for favor to qualify you for a job you are not qualified for. Which in essence means "man no man" job.

Nights of open heavens, Shiloh, breakthrough crusade, success, favour, divine appointment Every one praying to be blessed out of poverty. And the only one blessed at the end is the pastor.

I sometimes wonder if the thought of being blessed from above is holding me back from sitting down and strategizing.

If you know that you are all you've got, i think it makes you push pass your comfort zone. Instead of waiting for favour handout, you put extra effort into whatever you are doing.

I am not ready to be an atheist. I love the image of Jesus i have in my head. I am not ready to let to of the idea someone died for me. I want to believe there is a mansion in heaven for me. And religion also gives you hope during trying times or the death of a loved one.

But i have made a resolve to expect less from God and just do my best with what life gives me.

Though i don't go to church right now cos everything seems so hollow.

1 Like

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by Image123(m): 6:58pm On Dec 16, 2020
LordReed:

Been there brother. I am an atheist now but if you ever need to talk hit me up. No judgement, no proselyting just straight up talk.

You're already proselytizing.
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by LordReed(m): 7:03pm On Dec 16, 2020
Image123:

You're already proselytizing.

Maybe you don't know the meaning of the word, I suggest you look it up.
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by Image123(m): 7:07pm On Dec 16, 2020
Telsidelake:

Many people have been deceived by the health and wealth so called prosperity gospel. The Bible does not exempt Christians from the vicissitudes of life. Jesus Himself told His disciples that in the world, they would have tribulations, and that sufficient to the day is the evil there. But it says however is that God is available to help in the fire or water or trouble. It gives hope and faith that the test can turn to testimony. The story doesn't have to continue or end the way it is. And that ultimately, there's a better place God has prepared where there is no sorrow or heartache, loss or despair, death or sin. Don't be fooled by those who have no where to go but insist on you joining them.
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by Image123(m): 7:16pm On Dec 16, 2020
LordReed:

Maybe you don't know the meaning of the word, I suggest you look it up.

Now you're patronizing me. You don't even know the proper spelling. i expect you to go off tangent talking about that too. You heard the word proselyte as a Christian, stop being a nuisance.

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by LordReed(m): 7:26pm On Dec 16, 2020
Image123:

Now you're patronizing me. You don't even know the proper spelling. i expect you to go off tangent talking about that too. You heard the word proselyte as a Christian, stop being a nuisance.

The nuisance is the one who expressly stated he was going to follow me and monitor my posts. You are a troll and a nuisance.

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by Image123(m): 7:59pm On Dec 16, 2020
LordReed:

The nuisance is the one who expressly stated he was going to follow me and monitor my posts. You are a troll and a nuisance.

Following you does not translate to trolling you, stop being a nuisance. You do know that i don't troll you. You are already proselytizing the fellow and you first heard the word proselyte as a Christian. These are facts, every other thing you are saying is your regular noise. Don't be a nuisance.
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by LordReed(m): 8:07pm On Dec 16, 2020
Image123:

Following you does not translate to trolling you, stop being a nuisance. You do know that i don't troll you. You are already proselytizing the fellow and you first heard the word proselyte as a Christian. These are facts, every other thing you are saying is your regular noise. Don't be a nuisance.

The nuisance remains you, chasing shadows and insinuating yourself where you are not wanted or needed. Abi you also don't know the meaning of nuisance? LMFAO!
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by Image123(m): 8:16pm On Dec 16, 2020
LordReed:

The nuisance remains you, chasing shadows and insinuating yourself where you are not wanted or needed. Abi you also don't know the meaning of nuisance? LMFAO!

Normally, who is not supposed to be wanted or needed in a thread about thoughts and questions on religion? It's a public forum little reed. Looking for proselyte like a snake that you are.
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by LordReed(m): 8:23pm On Dec 16, 2020
Image123:

Normally, who is not supposed to be wanted or needed in a thread about thoughts and questions on religion? It's a public forum little reed. Looking for proselyte like a snake that you are.

A nuisance and a troll.
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by Image123(m): 8:36pm On Dec 16, 2020
LordReed:

A nuisance and a troll.

Which is what the average atheist is, clap for yourself. Good of you, excellent.
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by joseph1013: 11:38pm On Dec 19, 2020
John Agbaeze

One of the weirdest stories in the bible is the story of Esau and Jacob. In this narrative, the writer, who was heavily biased against Esau, expects you to love Jacob and despise Esau.

I can remember growing up, we all wanted to be Jacob: the smart, witty one, loved by God.

But, on a second look, Jacob was a major villain; jealous, deceptive, a con man and a very dishonest person.

Esau on other hand was carefree, kind, and even compassionate, and never deserved all the ill treatments his brother, mother, and even God channeled at him.

From the start, Jacob probably grew up in the shadows of his brother who was the much stronger and accomplished one right from time earning him major admiration amongst their small tribe - the resentment and disdain Jacob developed for Esau was terribly evident yet without justification.

- Jacob conned his brother of his position as the first born with a plate of porridge. Imagine how profoundly sinister someone has to be to care more about blackmailing your twin brother into relinquishing his position than sharing your meal with him when he was hungry.

- And then the famous con he pulled masking as his brother to steal his blessings from their blind poor father.

- Let us not discuss how he allegedly ended up conning his father in-law of several of his livestocks with shady arrangements.

It seems to me that the story of Esau and Jacob is about a brother's jealousy for his brother whom he recognizes as his superior.

It was a series of Jacob's incessant ill treatment, unending sinister ploys and wickedness towards his brother.

There was never a recorded event in the story where Esau treated Jacob wrongly or shared any form of ill-wish towards him.

Yet, at the end of it all, even when Esau had the power to exert his revenge, decimate Jacob's camp, Esau chose instead to forgive his brother.

To cap the disturbing trail of unfairness towards Esau, God apparently declared “Is not Esau Jacob’s brother? Yet I have loved Jacob but Esau I have hated. I have laid waste his hill country and left his heritage to jackals of the desert.”

Here is one story where the actions of the villains are broadly shown yet somehow convinces you to admire and root for him.

When you think about this now, the sheer absurdity of the whole set up makes you rather worried of some of the foundational lessons Christian children are taught.

There is nothing remotely admirable about Jacob, and he is a horrible example to formulate a moral lesson on.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by funshyboi(m): 9:02pm On Dec 22, 2020
joseph1013:
John Agbaeze

One of the weirdest stories in the bible is the story of Esau and Jacob. In this narrative, the writer, who was heavily biased against Esau, expects you to love Jacob and despise Esau.

I can remember growing up, we all wanted to be Jacob: the smart, witty one, loved by God.

But, on a second look, Jacob was a major villain; jealous, deceptive, a con man and a very dishonest person.

Esau on other hand was carefree, kind, and even compassionate, and never deserved all the ill treatments his brother, mother, and even God channeled at him.

From the start, Jacob probably grew up in the shadows of his brother who was the much stronger and accomplished one right from time earning him major admiration amongst their small tribe - the resentment and disdain Jacob developed for Esau was terribly evident yet without justification.

- Jacob conned his brother of his position as the first born with a plate of porridge. Imagine how profoundly sinister someone has to be to care more about blackmailing your twin brother into relinquishing his position than sharing your meal with him when he was hungry.

- And then the famous con he pulled masking as his brother to steal his blessings from their blind poor father.

- Let us not discuss how he allegedly ended up conning his father in-law of several of his livestocks with shady arrangements.

It seems to me that the story of Esau and Jacob is about a brother's jealousy for his brother whom he recognizes as his superior.

It was a series of Jacob's incessant ill treatment, unending sinister ploys and wickedness towards his brother.

There was never a recorded event in the story where Esau treated Jacob wrongly or shared any form of ill-wish towards him.

Yet, at the end of it all, even when Esau had the power to exert his revenge, decimate Jacob's camp, Esau chose instead to forgive his brother.

To cap the disturbing trail of unfairness towards Esau, God apparently declared “Is not Esau Jacob’s brother? Yet I have loved Jacob but Esau I have hated. I have laid waste his hill country and left his heritage to jackals of the desert.”

Here is one story where the actions of the villains are broadly shown yet somehow convinces you to admire and root for him.

When you think about this now, the sheer absurdity of the whole set up makes you rather worried of some of the foundational lessons Christian children are taught.

There is nothing remotely admirable about Jacob, and he is a horrible example to formulate a moral lesson on.

Another thing I don’t get is how will Someone lost his birthright because he ate porridge. Is birthright then, something Physical?

3 Likes

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by CAPSLOCKED: 12:24pm On Dec 23, 2020
THE GOVERNMENT IS TELLING US TO PRAY TO GOD FOR SECURITY AND BASIC AMENITIES BECAUSE "THEY HAVE TRIED THEIR BEST". MEANWHILE THEY DON'T PRAY FOR THESE THINGS. THEY LOOT US TO THE LAST GRAIN AND ENJOY THE BEST LIVES WITH OUR MONEY, AND THEN TELL US TO HOPE ON A GOD THAT HAS ALWAYS BEEN NOWHERE TO BE FOUND.

YOU SEE THAT RELIGION AND POLITICS ARE NEARLY INSEPARABLE AND BOTH COMPLIMENT THE EVILS AND MADNESS OF EACH OTHER.
FOR US TO MOVE FORWARD AS A PEOPLE WE MUST FIRST KICK OUT NONSENSE MAGIC (RELIGION) FROM THE PICTURE AND THEN ENGAGE POLITICS WITH COMMON SENSE.

IMAGINE THAT WE'RE HOLDING A SNAKE RESPONSIBLE FOR EATING 36 MILLION NAIRA, AND CURSING THE DEVIL FOR CAUSING ACCIDENTS WHEN WE SHOULD BE CHARGING THE GOVERNMENT FOR NOT FIXING OUR ROADS.
ANYTHING RELIGION AND SUPERSTITION IS INVOLVED IN WILL NEVER MAKE SENSE. I SAID IT.

9 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by joseph1013: 8:21pm On Dec 27, 2020
Bill Gates: We still don't understand why Covid 19 numbers aren't as high in Africa.

Stone-age Nigerians living in 21 century:
- We serve a living God.
- God don shame am.
- God dey fight our battle
- Who can speak when God has not spoken.

The above is the mentality behind Africa's underdevelopment; the unwillingness to think and ask questions; the tendency to always ascribe whatever we don't understand to God. This is classic mental laziness.

Bill Gates is asking the questions we ought to be asking ourselves. Anybody who understands how comatose our public health system is would be genuinely surprised by the low covid numbers. If indeed the low numbers isn't due to underreporting (which is still very possible), we can research and find out the factors that contributed to it and possibly maximize those factors to also prevent future pandemics.

But we will not do that. We have one easy answer to every good thing that happens to us by chance: "Na God!" Effectively shutting the door of learning something crucial. That is why we are never prepared for anything.

Where was your God when Ebola ravaged most of sub Saharan Africa? Where was He when polio was crippling the future of millions of African kids that we literally had to depend on Bill Gates to eradicate it? Covid may not be killing us yet, but tropical diseases like malaria are still killing millions of Africans every year and your God is nowhere to be found yet. Don't forget that.

Societies advance when people ask difficult questions, genuinely search for answers and deliberately take charge of their own lives, not by leaving themselves at the mercy of nature and chance.

12 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by Kobojunkiee: 6:17am On Dec 28, 2020
Telsidelake:

This coming year, I hope you consider choosing to ignore those around you - their opinions, and shortcomings, arrogance and ignorance. That way, your life and thoughts could become more about you and your belief and less of what those around you think or say.

2 Likes

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by CAPSLOCKED: 2:17am On Jan 01, 2021
A NEW DAY. A NEW REASON TO CONTINUE WITH MY CAMPAIGN TO ERADICATE RELIGION AND SUPERSTITIOUS BELIEFS, AND CONTINUE TO ENLIGHTEN OTHERS LIKE ME.

BELIEVE NO GOD(S). FEAR NO DEMON(S).

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (Reply)

Jesus is coming soon. This thread is for faithful watchmen / Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! / Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.