Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,934 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

Jonathan Celebrates KPMG's Top 100 Ranking Of Nigeria's High Speed Rail - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Celebrates KPMG's Top 100 Ranking Of Nigeria's High Speed Rail (17347 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan Celebrates His 58th Birthday Today / Photos: President Jonathan Celebrates Christmas In Abuja / Jonathan Celebrates Father's Day At Aso Rock (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Celebrates KPMG's Top 100 Ranking Of Nigeria's High Speed Rail by deucelaw: 5:34pm On Dec 15, 2014
Good development. I laud the administration on this...I just hope that the structure is in place to ensure that it is sustainable and not just a one off project that eventually dies
Re: Jonathan Celebrates KPMG's Top 100 Ranking Of Nigeria's High Speed Rail by superneutral(m): 5:35pm On Dec 15, 2014
kullozone:
stan,shey u dey manage ur mb ni
ur pictures sumtimes nor dey sweet me
OKLOADEDoCOM:

lol baby brain, one ting is certain if every body vote fo buhari jonathan wil stil win the election. question wil pple stil vote 4 him with all bombing? That's the question abi? Banana brains, do u nid sum1 to tell u dat buhari is supporting boko haram jst to implicate jonathan, let me jst stop their, use your brains nigga's
kullozone:
stan,shey u dey manage ur mb ni
ur pictures sumtimes nor dey sweet me
I see u
Re: Jonathan Celebrates KPMG's Top 100 Ranking Of Nigeria's High Speed Rail by ahaika23: 5:38pm On Dec 15, 2014
GEJ rocks! You have the vote of my community

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Celebrates KPMG's Top 100 Ranking Of Nigeria's High Speed Rail by mustymatic(m): 5:40pm On Dec 15, 2014
GEJ go talk wen things like this happen...meanwhile refused to talk abt the recent bombings.
Re: Jonathan Celebrates KPMG's Top 100 Ranking Of Nigeria's High Speed Rail by greaterlove(m): 5:40pm On Dec 15, 2014
rman:
The government think the followers are fools and majority of the posters on this thread have actually confirmed it.

Where in the world will a president come out to claim as achievement something that has not been completely implemented?
I am an eye witness, the track from abuja to kaduna is complete, they are just putting finish touches to the train stations. I won't be surprise if the first train leaves abuja for kaduna before the end of this month.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Celebrates KPMG's Top 100 Ranking Of Nigeria's High Speed Rail by Goddex: 5:43pm On Dec 15, 2014
[size=15pt]Naija is moving ahead.
Forward ever!!! No turning back

GEJ till 2019[/size]

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Celebrates KPMG's Top 100 Ranking Of Nigeria's High Speed Rail by tolababa(m): 5:46pm On Dec 15, 2014
Rating a project that has just started is tantamount to error in judgement. KPMG una dey look for GEJ's favour abi..Sai Buhari
Re: Jonathan Celebrates KPMG's Top 100 Ranking Of Nigeria's High Speed Rail by Sibrah: 5:50pm On Dec 15, 2014
A project of 25 years with 13billion Dollar debt attached.
Re: Jonathan Celebrates KPMG's Top 100 Ranking Of Nigeria's High Speed Rail by olrunjuwon(m): 5:51pm On Dec 15, 2014
The level of development in terms of infrastructures during the last five years of GEJ has been slow and not impressive, dunno what he can achieve in the next four years cos we need drastic improvement in health,education,transportation and power sector, am tired of the same old story
Re: Jonathan Celebrates KPMG's Top 100 Ranking Of Nigeria's High Speed Rail by greaterlove(m): 5:54pm On Dec 15, 2014
olrunjuwon:
The level of development in terms of infrastructures during the last five years of GEJ has been slow and not impressive, dunno what he can achieve in the next four years cos we need drastic improvement in health,education,transportation and power sector, am tired of the same old story
bros that is a big lie no offense. The level of infrastructural development of this government can not be rivaled by any previous government. If you want facts I can provide you facts. Never in the history of this country have construction been this good.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Celebrates KPMG's Top 100 Ranking Of Nigeria's High Speed Rail by rman: 5:54pm On Dec 15, 2014
greaterlove:

I am an eye witness, the track from abuja to kaduna is complete, they are just putting finish touches to the train stations. I won't be surprise if the first train leaves abuja for kaduna before the end of this month.

We are saying the same thing. Until it starts working and COMPLETELY implemented, it should not be celebrated as an achievement.

I hope you know Abuja to Kaduna is just a small portion of this massive project.

A similar example is the Ibadan - Ilorin road ''dualization'' that government has claimed as an achievement when the reality is that only Ilorin - Ogbomoso and Ibadan - Oyo was completed ( the shortest portions ). Oyo to Ogbomoso portion of that project has been abandoned completely and government still count that project as an achievement in the media till today.
Re: Jonathan Celebrates KPMG's Top 100 Ranking Of Nigeria's High Speed Rail by HugeMac: 6:00pm On Dec 15, 2014
ypzilanti:
Well ...you had 6 yrs in power to lay a quarter of the tracks already. Na now you wake up from sleep? Incumbent presidents run on achievements and not promises. Unless of course they have nothing to boast with after a term and a half in power.
IF THEY PUT YOUR FATHER HE WONT ACHEIVE ANYTHING , YOU JUST MAKING NOISE AS IF GOVERNANCE IS EASY , HEAVEN WILL FALL FROM SKY ONCE BUHARI GETS POWER
Re: Jonathan Celebrates KPMG's Top 100 Ranking Of Nigeria's High Speed Rail by Orikinla(m): 6:04pm On Dec 15, 2014
[size=18pt]The Norwegian government says it cannot be held responsible for the six decommissioned Norwegian warships sold to ex-militant Government Ekpemupolo, also known as Tompolo. In all, Tompolo, a former commander of Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND), owns seven decommissioned Norwegian battleships, his most recent acquisition being the KNM Horten, a fast-attack craft now allegedly engaged in piracy off Nigerian seas. The export of arms from Norway requires an export licence from that country’s ministry of foreign affairs. The ships were first sold to CAS Global, a British security company that has such licence, and Ekpemupolo bought the ships from the British company. Questions have been asked on why a man who was recently fingered in the kidnap of 14 journalists would have access to Norway’s arms, but Frode Anderson, head of communications at the Norwegian State Department, has defended the arms sale. “As far as we can see, the export of KNM Horten has followed correct procedure and terms of export to Great Britain,” Anderson told the Dagbladet. “The re-export from Great Britain to Nigeria is a question to be handled solely by British export control authorities.” KNM Horten was sold to the UK company in 2012, recorded as working for a fishery. Tompolo now controls the Global West Vessel Service, a privately-owned contractor for maritime security for the Nigerian Maritime Safety Agency, while the seven Norwegian ships are now part of the company’s maritime fleet, allegedly acting as pirates while patrolling for the Nigerian government.

Read more at: http://www.thecable.ng/norway-defends-sale-warships-tompolo | TheCable[/size]
Re: Jonathan Celebrates KPMG's Top 100 Ranking Of Nigeria's High Speed Rail by prettyboi1(m): 6:04pm On Dec 15, 2014
calebo101:
And some enemies of progress will keep deceiving their people to bomb themselves and destroy their land to make the government look weak.

They keep accusing the man of dividing the nation along religious lines yet the man keeps delivering the benefits of good governance without being biased or marginal.

Honestly the North has every reason to thank Jonathan. Their politicians mean them no good that's why they refused to build schools for them.

Jonathan has built schools for the almajiris and now I'm seeing train stations constructed and mainly domiciled in the North.

Goodluck Jonathan, posterity would judge you. Your good works would surpass you.

Even though you neglected the Niger-delta where you're from and kept pumping out oil money to the insatiable north, whenever they enter train they would keep remembering it's the clueless one that built it.

When they graduate from the almajiris school, proceed to the university cited in their domain and can study the Koran well to know good from bad, they would remember it was the "clueless bastard from otueke" that constructed it.

You the northern masses are good people we know, just your representatives are blood sucking demons. That's why instead of them to build schools for you and educate you, they went to Niger republic to build schools of 1 billion naira.

Maybe not today, maybe Jonathan may not govern you again but what you can't deny is the legacy and the path for development he has brought to your doorstep.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uulb-XKdOD8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHq3OSQYk5E

Long epistle over nothing. I have just one simple question for you? Where in Nigeria does this "accomplishment by president Jonathan" exist?
Re: Jonathan Celebrates KPMG's Top 100 Ranking Of Nigeria's High Speed Rail by greaterlove(m): 6:12pm On Dec 15, 2014
rman:

We are saying the same thing. Until it starts working and COMPLETELY implemented, it should not be celebrated as an achievement.

I hope you know Abuja to Kaduna is just a small portion of this massive project.

A similar example is the Ibadan - Ilorin road ''dualization'' that government has claimed as an achievement when the reality is that only Ilorin - Ogbomoso and Ibadan - Oyo was completed ( the shortest portions ). Oyo to Ogbomoso portion of that project has been abandoned completely and government still count that project as an achievement in the media till today.
construction takes time and all the roads can not be done at the same time, but never in the history of this country has construction been this massive. Move around the federal roads, is it Abuja to lokoja, lokoja to nsukka, lokoja to asaba through okene, okene to Ilesha , Benin ore road, or is it the northern roads? Let's cut GEJ some slack, no government and I say no government has carried out the level of construction this present government is undertaking. I might not like his handling of boko haram, but in infrastructural development, agriculture, manufacturing and power GEJ has surpassed other past leaders.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Celebrates KPMG's Top 100 Ranking Of Nigeria's High Speed Rail by rildwanullahi(m): 6:13pm On Dec 15, 2014
ichidodo:
While in PH folks are still waiting for Amaechi's 500 metre 1 gazillion naira mono-rail or those from Lagos having since given up propaganda hope on Fashola for their Fourth mainland bridge, Railway and Lekki International airport....Let us not mention the Thieffnubu led tollexploitation on that 419 road that is the Lekki-Epe freeway..And that is the change some APC e-thugs would want to force down our throats with that exclusive islamic,youth corp mudering and bigotic jingo 'sai buhari'.
young man those projects u talked about are gigantic projects,they can't focus on that alone as it will east up all there revenue and u PDP will scream they are not doing anything so it has to be funded little by little,I doubt u stay in Lagos or ever been to port harcourt
Re: Jonathan Celebrates KPMG's Top 100 Ranking Of Nigeria's High Speed Rail by rman: 6:15pm On Dec 15, 2014
greaterlove:
construction takes time and all the roads can not be done at the same time, but never in the history of this country has construction been this massive. Move around the federal roads, is it Abuja to lokoja, lokoja to nsukka, lokoja to asaba through okene, okene to Ilesha , Benin ore road, or is it the northern roads? Let's cut GEJ some slack, no government and I say no government has carried out the level of construction this present government is undertaking. I might not like his handling of boko haram, but in infrastructural development, agriculture, manufacturing and power GEJ has surpassed other past leaders.

I can only talk about what I have seen. Abuja - Lokoja has been under construction since OBJ era.

I don't hate GEJ or his government, I am only stating facts.

When it is finished, then praise singing can start, not before.
Re: Jonathan Celebrates KPMG's Top 100 Ranking Of Nigeria's High Speed Rail by rildwanullahi(m): 6:15pm On Dec 15, 2014
ichidodo:
While in PH folks are still waiting for Amaechi's 500 metre 1 gazillion naira mono-rail or those from Lagos having since given up propaganda hope on Fashola for their Fourth mainland bridge, Railway and Lekki International airport....Let us not mention the Thieffnubu led tollexploitation on that 419 road that is the Lekki-Epe freeway..And that is the change some APC e-thugs would want to force down our throats with that exclusive islamic,youth corp mudering and bigotic jingo 'sai buhari'.
young man those projects u talked about are gigantic projects,they can't focus on that alone as it will east up all there revenue and u PDP will scream they are not doing anything so it has to be funded little by little,I doubt u stay in Lagos or ever been to port harcourt.third mainland bridge was a fog project so should fourth,many of such fog projects are being done in Lagos e.g Lagos badagry with rail,ikorodu road e.t.c are all federal govt responsibilities
Re: Jonathan Celebrates KPMG's Top 100 Ranking Of Nigeria's High Speed Rail by rildwanullahi(m): 6:17pm On Dec 15, 2014
ichidodo:
young man those projects u talked about are gigantic projects,they can't focus on that alone as it will east up all there revenue and u PDP will scream they are not doing anything so it has to be funded little by little,I doubt u stay in Lagos or ever been to port harcourt.third mainland bridge was a fg project so should fourth,many of such fg projects are being done in Lagos e.g Lagos badagry with rail,ikorodu road e.t.c are all federal govt responsibilities
Re: Jonathan Celebrates KPMG's Top 100 Ranking Of Nigeria's High Speed Rail by jantavanta(m): 6:17pm On Dec 15, 2014
dollarlander:
Until Lagos is linked to abuja with this same high speedrail system I care not. ............

Abuja to Lagos is a juicy commercial route that will most likely be concessioned to the preferred bidder/investor.
Re: Jonathan Celebrates KPMG's Top 100 Ranking Of Nigeria's High Speed Rail by Nobody: 6:23pm On Dec 15, 2014
prettyboi1:

Long epistle over nothing. I have just one simple question for you? Where in Nigeria does this "accomplishment by president Jonathan" exist?

Sorry, I can't educate kids.

Pls enrol in one of the almajiris school.

It's free!!!

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Celebrates KPMG's Top 100 Ranking Of Nigeria's High Speed Rail by prettyboi1(m): 6:25pm On Dec 15, 2014
calebo101:

Sorry, I can't educate kids.

Pls enrol in one of the almajiris school.

It's free!!!

Lol...so in other words,you simply cannot answer my question? Yet,you're here deceiving yourself and trying to also deceive other people that have opened their eyes.
Re: Jonathan Celebrates KPMG's Top 100 Ranking Of Nigeria's High Speed Rail by lordcornel(m): 6:27pm On Dec 15, 2014
[quote author=himkers post=28906469]
GEJ is a total failure
[/quote

He is a better version of you....
Re: Jonathan Celebrates KPMG's Top 100 Ranking Of Nigeria's High Speed Rail by lordcornel(m): 6:28pm On Dec 15, 2014
[quote author=himkers post=28906469]GEJ is a total failure[/quote

He is a better VERSION of you....
Re: Jonathan Celebrates KPMG's Top 100 Ranking Of Nigeria's High Speed Rail by Nobody: 6:33pm On Dec 15, 2014
prettyboi1:

Lol...so in other word,you simply cannot answer my question? Yet,you're hear deceiving yourself and trying to also deceive other people that have opened their eyes.

Young man, nor be me do u for life.

If i posted videos under my post and you refused to watch it but rather attack me or ask for further proof then it's not my objective to guide you.

Check my post, maybe you didn't see the videos i added, or was it "videoshopped"

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Celebrates KPMG's Top 100 Ranking Of Nigeria's High Speed Rail by ozoebuka1(m): 6:34pm On Dec 15, 2014
the devil u know is better than the angel you don't know.... at least I've experienced Jonathan's leadership and I think it wasn't that bad for a Nigerian politician... igbo hausa and youruba have at least one good thing to say about oga jona but I've noticed that Buhari is only praised by the hausas... this makes me wanna vote for oga jona again...
Re: Jonathan Celebrates KPMG's Top 100 Ranking Of Nigeria's High Speed Rail by khattab008: 6:34pm On Dec 15, 2014
Project that will take 25years to complete.
Am China did'nt construct theirs for that period
Re: Jonathan Celebrates KPMG's Top 100 Ranking Of Nigeria's High Speed Rail by ichidodo: 6:35pm On Dec 15, 2014
rildwanullahi:
young man those projects u talked about are gigantic projects,they can't focus on that alone as it will east up all there revenue and u PDP will scream they are not doing anything so it has to be funded little by little,I doubt u stay in Lagos or ever been to port harcourt.third mainland bridge was a fog project so should fourth,many of such fog projects are being done in Lagos e.g Lagos badagry with rail,ikorodu road e.t.c are all federal govt responsibilities
Re: Jonathan Celebrates KPMG's Top 100 Ranking Of Nigeria's High Speed Rail by greaterlove(m): 6:38pm On Dec 15, 2014
rman:

I can only talk about what I have seen. Abuja - Lokoja has been under construction since OBJ era.

I don't hate GEJ or his government, I am only stating facts.

When it is finished, then praise singing can start, not before.
I travelled along abuja to Lokoja just last week, you can't compare the level it was in 2010 to where it is now. That road has so many bridges and almost all the bridges are complete. I was so impressed I had to take some pics. Like I said earlier GEJ has done better than previous leaders in infrastructure.
Re: Jonathan Celebrates KPMG's Top 100 Ranking Of Nigeria's High Speed Rail by ichidodo: 6:40pm On Dec 15, 2014
rildwanullahi:
Old man, you must be mischievous to think we thought these projects up in the air or maybe they became figment of our imaginations...didn't you?...Nobody forced a gun both at Lagos and Rivers to come up propaganda never mind wasting billions of naira to address them, did we?? So why do we look to change at a party which cannot and have failed consistently to deliver never mind ripping the people off....
Re: Jonathan Celebrates KPMG's Top 100 Ranking Of Nigeria's High Speed Rail by rozayx5(m): 6:50pm On Dec 15, 2014
ichidodo:

you mean the same Lekki epe that does not have reasonable drainage and turns to a swimming pool during heavy downpour cheesy grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Soldiers Intercept Suicide Bomber At Dala, Borno (Photos) / How Ex-pdp Gov’s Deal With Buhari’s Men Went Awry / Certificate Of State Of Origin Is The Worst Certificate In The World (see Why)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.