Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,489 members, 7,816,156 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:48 AM

Brief Profile: Meet Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof Yemi Osinbajo - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Brief Profile: Meet Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof Yemi Osinbajo (37709 Views)

Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof. Osinbajo Campaigns To Plantain Sellers (pictures) / Buhari's Running Mate, Prof Osinbajo Graduated in 1978 At The Age Of 19? / Gmb's Running Mate, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo's Profile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Brief Profile: Meet Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof Yemi Osinbajo by babestella: 9:32pm On Dec 17, 2014
rckdude:

Name one sensible eastern he could have picked? Besides even if he picked an eastern, it wud v made no sense cos Igbos wud rather vote for GEJ. So why should GMB pour water in a basket?

I think he made the right choice.
#GMB 2015

Hahahaha, please don't insult igbos by displaying the abyss of your stupidity with nonsense comments. By the way, no long talk, your old general is a bad market, dead on arrival, expired product. He can't win any election come 2015. I don't even know why APC relabels an expired drug and try to sell it to Nigerians. Why are they so damn politically daft.

2 Likes

Re: Brief Profile: Meet Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof Yemi Osinbajo by DaBullIT(m): 9:37pm On Dec 17, 2014
[size=17pt]Honest to God , I had this impression that Buhari was not gonna pick any of the available candidates as running mates but I didnt say it , what I did say however in a previous comment was that once Buhari is sworn in. A lot of these popular and powerful politicians will have two options

Go on exile after striking a deal to return embezzled funds , those who stay in the country will be powerless and probably under constant monitoring

Or if they choose to be stubborn and are found guilty , they'll get the death penalty

And thats 70tees over again , the reason why they called GMB a dictator

Indirectly , the comment means in order to fight corruption , he himself must choose someone who was not / is not a Loot-o-Crat / PoliTHIEFcian. Otherwise they'd blackmail his government and undermine all his efforts

Sai BUHARI. The man you never know what he's thinking. The man Nigeria needs , the Man Nigerians MUST VOTE come Y2K15[/size]

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Brief Profile: Meet Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof Yemi Osinbajo by MrHighSea: 9:37pm On Dec 17, 2014
Ambiguous incompatible strains
Re: Brief Profile: Meet Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof Yemi Osinbajo by femmy2010(m): 9:39pm On Dec 17, 2014
Isiterere:
why is every detail about him omitting his state of origin.?

ALL IZZ WELL

All that matters is the fact that he is a Nigerian.

#TeamBUHARI

2 Likes

Re: Brief Profile: Meet Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof Yemi Osinbajo by edgyslim: 9:41pm On Dec 17, 2014
Badassniggga:
^^ All i see is a buncha pained foøls...
Do you have what it takes to match this resumé?

My brother, u couldn't have said it better. They are all r.etards that have become used to mediocrity as a way of life.
Re: Brief Profile: Meet Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof Yemi Osinbajo by eleko1: 9:42pm On Dec 17, 2014
Dnt wish yaself evil.Nor go get HBP cos jona dey go back to Otuoke com MAYY,2015.VOTE GMB for a better NIG
dannydaniels:
Ok.but GEJ till I kwench undecided undecided undecided
Re: Brief Profile: Meet Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof Yemi Osinbajo by alpha75(m): 9:42pm On Dec 17, 2014
enairaprof:
Yemi Osinbajo, 55, is a Senior Advocate of Nigeria and Senior Partner in the Law firm of Simmons Cooper Partners.

His tertiary education was at the Universityof Lagos and the London School of Economics where he obtained the LLB andLLM degrees respectively.

He was appointed the Lagos State Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice in 1999 and reappointed for a second term in 2003. During the period of his public service, he commenced the Lagos State justice reform project. A prominent feature of that project was the establishment of the Directorate for Citizens’ Rights (DCR) which provides free legal services and legal representation to indigent citizens of the state. This initiative gave a voice to many who would otherwise not have a way to access their rights.

Prior to that appointment, Osinbajo, a Professor of Law, was the Head of Public Law at the Faculty of Law, University of Lagos.

Between 1988 and 1992, he was the Special Adviser to the Attorney-General and Minister of Justice of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. He also served as a staff member of the United Nations and Member of the United Nation’s Secretary General’s Committee of Experts on Conduct and Discipline of UN Peacekeeping personnel around the globe.

He is currently an Ethics Advisor to the Ethics Committee of the African Development Bank and is a non-executive Director of Citibank.Prof. Osinbajo is Co-founder & Board Member Convention on Business Integrity and the Justice Research Institute Ltd. He has also authored several law books.

In 2007, Prof. and his wife Oludolapo founded “The Orderly Society Trust”, a non- governmental organization that is dedicated to the promotion of Christian ethics and orderliness.He is a resident pastor at the Olive Tree House of Prayer for All Nations, Banana Island, a parish of the RCCG.

He lives in Lagos with his wife, Dolapo Osinbajo, who is a grandchild of Obafemi Awolowo with three children.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/12/meet-buharis-running-mate-prof-yemi-Osinbajo/
*whistling and passing by#saw thread...frowns #clears throat# Er.... Op, u forgot to tell us whether he is from SE SS NE SW NC etc. But base on what u wrote (He lives in Lagos with his wife....) It is obvious, he is from Lagos. Is not gonna work. Chai!!!!! Infact GEJ till bu HA RIA becomes a Pastor and again GEJ until OSHI BU NJO becomes an igbo man.
Re: Brief Profile: Meet Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof Yemi Osinbajo by dannydaniels(m): 9:42pm On Dec 17, 2014
BlackHuman:
Oga nor Swear 4 yursef o.....because u go surely quench b dat o. because GEJ dey comot next year o.
lets watch and see now
Re: Brief Profile: Meet Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof Yemi Osinbajo by tecmon: 9:43pm On Dec 17, 2014
experimentist:
I dnt knw dis nigga men. Does he smokes weed?
apc is wickedsmiley see what they have done to our youths, Lord have mercy
Re: Brief Profile: Meet Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof Yemi Osinbajo by dannydaniels(m): 9:44pm On Dec 17, 2014
eleko1:
Dnt wish yaself evil.No goget HBP cos jona dey go back to Otuoke com MAYY,2015.VOTE GMB for a better NIG
oloworulz:
then u wil quench by feb 14, 2015..... Buhari till infinity
BlackHuman:
Oga nor Swear 4 yursef o.....because u go surely quench b dat o. because GEJ dey comot next year o.
. Lets pray to stay alive till then and watch
Re: Brief Profile: Meet Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof Yemi Osinbajo by ceedon007(m): 9:45pm On Dec 17, 2014
Mehn! dis guy na all weather buh lacks experience. ..dats d worst buhari made by choosing him.. wat abt Amaechi or Tinibu
Re: Brief Profile: Meet Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof Yemi Osinbajo by tecmon: 9:45pm On Dec 17, 2014
experimentist:
I dnt knw dis nigga men. Does he smokes weed?
apc is wickedcheesy see what they have done to our youths, Lord have mercy
Re: Brief Profile: Meet Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof Yemi Osinbajo by tbaba1234: 9:57pm On Dec 17, 2014
I watched him speak and I am so impressed.

His credentials are impressive too. A great choice.

2 Likes

Re: Brief Profile: Meet Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof Yemi Osinbajo by eleko1: 9:58pm On Dec 17, 2014
We'll Surely be alive to see jona hand over Power to GMB/OSIBANJO come May,2015.Think BUHARI,Vote for BUHARI for a FRUITFUL NIG [quote author=dannydaniels post=28974953]. . Lets pray to stay alive till then and watc
Re: Brief Profile: Meet Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof Yemi Osinbajo by LouisVanGaal(m): 9:58pm On Dec 17, 2014
Flets:
You forgot to add 'Tinubu's stooge'
wasn't GEJ OBJ's stooge initiallyundecidedundecided..until the issue of 2nd term severed dia bond? Hypocrites...Stooge kor, Stool ni..gringrin

2 Likes

Re: Brief Profile: Meet Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof Yemi Osinbajo by BjMorgan(m): 9:59pm On Dec 17, 2014
If APC should win d presidential election, I see d Prof taking over, Buhari na old man, anything can happen to him, just how GEJ got there, just a view, me not saying something go happen to Buhari o...
Re: Brief Profile: Meet Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof Yemi Osinbajo by asidere(m): 10:00pm On Dec 17, 2014
he has a good profile,him been a pastor in RCCG doesn't make him a saint.wrong choice as a running mate and how can APC unseat the PDP with him.fashola would have been better considering his track records as governor

1 Like

Re: Brief Profile: Meet Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof Yemi Osinbajo by adeiujj(f): 10:09pm On Dec 17, 2014
observing

Re: Brief Profile: Meet Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof Yemi Osinbajo by bumzzy(f): 10:09pm On Dec 17, 2014
KanwuliaJara:
Not impressed!
A PASTOR-PROF-SAN. . . . ?
Jack of all trade. . . MASTER OF NONE! grin
Shows why BUHARI IS A WEAKLING!
An EASTERNER should have been HIS VP!

Mumu! cheesy

you are obviously a pry school cert holder, if you dont know what a SAN and a professor means.

1 Like

Re: Brief Profile: Meet Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof Yemi Osinbajo by Toks2008(m): 10:10pm On Dec 17, 2014
A TALE OF TWO WRONG CHOICES

I still remember vividly in 2007 how Nigerians trooped out to vote in our amiable president Goodluck Ebele Jonathan not because we are certain of what he can do but because we were tired of seeing the old people been recycled within the seat of power.

We did not vote for PDP but voted for him because for the first time ever we were presented a clean candidate and when i say clean i mean a full flesh and blood civilian,well read,and seemingly a good representative of the youths of this country.

I did not only vote for him but also canvassed for him. I still respect him as a person and i appreciate his effort in trying to lead the most populous black nation on earth.

But In my opinion and i believe a random selection of many people in Nigeria will support my stand view."PRESIDENT JONATHAN HAS FAILED US".

Never have i seen the level of financial misappropriation so celebrated, the rule of law made so baseless,lives wasted and no visible transformation recorded even when we hear the lyrics of transformation agenda and i can remember that even President Yaraduah of blessed memory despite his ill health brought a transformation to this country by granting amnesty to MEND and the former president Obasanjo within the first four years was able to give Nigerians succor in the communication sector.

Permit me to say that the insurgency of Boko haram is no excuse because in as much as this may cause some distractions,it was not strong enough to distract N1.067trn fuel subsidy fund lost to “endemic corruption and entrenched inefficiency”

The day i personally realized i made a great error voting president Jonathan into office was when he woke up on the 1st of January 2012 to increase fuel pump price to well over 100% and i had to go back to sleep with the hope that it was all a dream.

I remember how people who were stranded in various destination of christmas celebrations sold their properties in order to meet up with the sudden hike in transport fare due to the sudden and heartless act of a president who ought to have the feelings of the very people who elected him and i can't remember any military president doing that.

I am not a military personnel neither will i claim to know the politics going on concerning Bokoharam but i strongly believe that if the president truly decides to use his office as commander in chief of all the armed forces in Nigeria, Boko haram would have been a thing of the past and i strongly believe that if for four years, we still have the insurgency this strong,then this will only be a rehearsal compared to what we may see if the incumbent president finds his way once again into ASO rock.

Let me stop here as regards the incumbent president and dwell on Retired General Buhari.

i am not a fan of Buhari and i don't think i will ever be simply due to the fact that i just find it hard to reconcile the fact that the same man who took over power when i was just 9years is the same man coming back to canvass for our votes to occupy same seat when i also have all it takes to be in that same position and make a difference.

I do not know much about his regime because as a nine year old innocent kid, all i saw were men in uniforms and just after two years he was sent packing by Babangida.

But then lets face it,if the person we hoped would make a difference did not deliver the expected dividends of democracy after ruling for six years then i think it makes sense to try another person and since the other alternative we have is an old man of 72 who according to many does not condole corruption.

Conclusively i would say that in my opinion,both GEJ and Buhari are wrong choices but given the present situation that we have to choose one of these two,i would prefer to try this old man out who was not really giving the opportunity to rule way back and see what he has to offer and i believe that every logical Nigerian should do same.

If after 4years we can not see any reason to vote him once more then we can equally sack him out with our votes.

many have maintained that people's vote do not count in Nigeria but i would still employ all as-sundry to vote in for a change irrespective of the possibility of some people who may try to rig.

Together we can bring a positive change to our great Nation.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Brief Profile: Meet Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof Yemi Osinbajo by initiate: 10:10pm On Dec 17, 2014
Nigeria Behold your next President

Buhari gonna be a stooge

This man gonna run things. And from look of things he more than able
Re: Brief Profile: Meet Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof Yemi Osinbajo by highmood(m): 10:10pm On Dec 17, 2014
Calculia:
[size=18pt]GEJ till Mrs Osinbajo resemble woman[/size]
lol. Abeg no let laugh choke me. Some Una funny die. Kai.
Re: Brief Profile: Meet Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof Yemi Osinbajo by Nobody: 10:21pm On Dec 17, 2014
Flets:
You forgot to add 'Tinubu's stooge'

Abi o... osi ma ta mi... osi ma bamijo... Edumare mo be ooo

that should be in Ebenezer Obey's sonorus voice of the 60's
Re: Brief Profile: Meet Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof Yemi Osinbajo by alpha75(m): 10:22pm On Dec 17, 2014
alpha75:
*whistling and passing by#saw thread...frowns #clears throat# Er.... Op, u forgot to tell us whether he is from SE SS NE SW NC etc. But base on what u wrote (He lives in Lagos with his wife....) It is obvious, he is from Lagos. Is not gonna work. Chai!!!!! Infact GEJ till bu HA RIA becomes a Pastor and again GEJ until OSHI BU NJO becomes an igbo man.
Again, mr osibanjo might be nice and good person but please nairalander's should reason this..... How can you carry a new wine and pour it into an old wine? Guys, no matter how new and fresh that wine is, believe me it will test very bad . #opinion# Had it been Mr Osibanjo is d real candidate and BU HA RIA, the running mate. It should have been better. Far more better. For those of you that are in support of this should always remember this OSIBANJO IS ONLY A PENCIL IN THE HAND OF BUHARI. He takes order from the oga at top. Notwithstanding, let the will of GOD be done, he knows the hearth of every man, the better man should win. #my humble submission# #bows out of tread#
Re: Brief Profile: Meet Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof Yemi Osinbajo by tecmon: 10:26pm On Dec 17, 2014
enairaprof:
Yemi Osinbajo, 55, is a Senior Advocate of Nigeria and Senior Partner in the Law firm of Simmons Cooper Partners.

His tertiary education was at the Universityof Lagos and the London School of Economics where he obtained the LLB andLLM degrees respectively.

He was appointed the Lagos State Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice in 1999 and reappointed for a second term in 2003. During the period of his public service, he commenced the Lagos State justice reform project. A prominent feature of that project was the establishment of the Directorate for Citizens’ Rights (DCR) which provides free legal services and legal representation to indigent citizens of the state. This initiative gave a voice to many who would otherwise not have a way to access their rights.

Prior to that appointment, Osinbajo, a Professor of Law, was the Head of Public Law at the Faculty of Law, University of Lagos.

Between 1988 and 1992, he was the Special Adviser to the Attorney-General and Minister of Justice of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. He also served as a staff member of the United Nations and Member of the United Nation’s Secretary General’s Committee of Experts on Conduct and Discipline of UN Peacekeeping personnel around the globe.

He is currently an Ethics Advisor to the Ethics Committee of the African Development Bank and is a non-executive Director of Citibank.Prof. Osinbajo is Co-founder & Board Member Convention on Business Integrity and the Justice Research Institute Ltd. He has also authored several law books.

In 2007, Prof. and his wife Oludolapo founded “The Orderly Society Trust”, a non- governmental organization that is dedicated to the promotion of Christian ethics and orderliness.He is a resident pastor at the Olive Tree House of Prayer for All Nations, Banana Island, a parish of the RCCG.

He lives in Lagos with his wife, Dolapo Osinbajo, who is a grandchild of Obafemi Awolowo with three children.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/12/meet-buharis-running-mate-prof-yemi-Osinbajo/
market women be like ,na profile i go chop?. Some youths are already asking if smokes weed cheesy, soon wine tappers will ask if he is the pastor of st bottles. Apc decieving themselves with long grammar since 1960. They send their children to oxford and yale while using other peoples children as thugs, now they are looking for people who will understand the meaning of profile, i laugh in 3D. Come february 14th, 70% of the electorate, battle ready to stand in the sun for 10hrs will vote for their fellow shoeless mate. Fresh Air forever !
Re: Brief Profile: Meet Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof Yemi Osinbajo by Chibokgame: 10:29pm On Dec 17, 2014
It's quite a nice profile for the man.
But that does not make them the winner s , neither does it makes me cast my vote on them.

Better luck next time.
Re: Brief Profile: Meet Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof Yemi Osinbajo by farem: 10:31pm On Dec 17, 2014
[color=#000099][/color]
KanwuliaJara:
Not impressed!
A PASTOR-PROF-SAN. . . . ?
Jack of all trade. . . MASTER OF NONE ALL! grin
Shows why BUHARI IS A WEAKLING!
An EASTERNER should have been HIS VP!

Mumu! cheesy

This one has mastered ALL. You need to apply reasoning above stupidity. Show us just ONE in your lineage that has been a successful pastor or SAN or Professor. All Nairalanders are waiting or else do not attempt to drop a dot henceforth!

1 Like

Re: Brief Profile: Meet Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof Yemi Osinbajo by Isiterere(m): 10:48pm On Dec 17, 2014

We're entitled to part of his private life now, he is a full blown public figure. We need to know.

#teamuhari, #teamchange as always.

ALL IZZ WELL

femmy2010:

All that matters is the fact that he is a Nigerian.

#TeamBUHARI
Re: Brief Profile: Meet Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof Yemi Osinbajo by roxell120(m): 10:54pm On Dec 17, 2014
its good to know dis
Re: Brief Profile: Meet Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof Yemi Osinbajo by patrickkkk: 10:54pm On Dec 17, 2014
Nctrice:
running for an elective office, clamoring for votes, lobbying etc etc
I think d voters already could see who among d presidential candidates is able to deliver d change they are clamouring for.

1 Like

Re: Brief Profile: Meet Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof Yemi Osinbajo by Neplusultra(f): 10:54pm On Dec 17, 2014
Not impressed @ all!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photos Of Bauchi Large Stack Of Cash: The Money Is For Ramadan - Bauchi Govt / FG Earns N980bn From Taxes In Three Months / 8-Month Old Baby Who Lost Her Arm In A Boko Haram Attack Pictured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.