Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,601 members, 7,816,494 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:56 AM

Brief Profile: Meet Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof Yemi Osinbajo - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Brief Profile: Meet Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof Yemi Osinbajo (37713 Views)

Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof. Osinbajo Campaigns To Plantain Sellers (pictures) / Buhari's Running Mate, Prof Osinbajo Graduated in 1978 At The Age Of 19? / Gmb's Running Mate, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo's Profile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Brief Profile: Meet Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof Yemi Osinbajo by highmood(m): 10:55pm On Dec 17, 2014
Toks2008:
A TALE OF TWO WRONG CHOICES

I still remember vividly in 2007 how Nigerians trooped out to vote in our amiable president Goodluck Ebele Jonathan not because we are certain of what he can do but because we were tired of seeing the old people been recycled within the seat of power.

We did not vote for PDP but voted for him because for the first time ever we were presented a clean candidate and when i say clean i mean a full flesh and blood civilian,well read,and seemingly a good representative of the youths of this country.

I did not only vote for him but also canvassed for him. I still respect him as a person and i appreciate his effort in trying to lead the most populous black nation on earth.

But In my opinion and i believe a random selection of many people in Nigeria will support my stand view."PRESIDENT JONATHAN HAS FAILED US".

Never have i seen the level of financial misappropriation so celebrated, the rule of law made so baseless,lives wasted and no visible transformation recorded even when we hear the lyrics of transformation agenda and i can remember that even President Yaraduah of blessed memory despite his ill health brought a transformation to this country by granting amnesty to MEND and the former president Obasanjo within the first four years was able to give Nigerians succor in the communication sector.

Permit me to say that the insurgency of Boko haram is no excuse because in as much as this may cause some distractions,it was not strong enough to distract N1.067trn fuel subsidy fund lost to “endemic corruption and entrenched inefficiency”

The day i personally realized i made a great error voting president Jonathan into office was when he woke up on the 1st of January 2012 to increase fuel pump price to well over 100% and i had to go back to sleep with the hope that it was all a dream.

I remember how people who were stranded in various destination of christmas celebrations sold their properties in order to meet up with the sudden hike in transport fare due to the sudden and heartless act of a president who ought to have the feelings of the very people who elected him and i can't remember any military president doing that.

I am not a military personnel neither will i claim to know the politics going on concerning Bokoharam but i strongly believe that if the president truly decides to use his office as commander in chief of all the armed forces in Nigeria, Boko haram would have been a thing of the past and i strongly believe that if for four years, we still have the insurgency this strong,then this will only be a rehearsal compared to what we may see if the incumbent president finds his way once again into ASO rock.

Let me stop here as regards the incumbent president and dwell on Retired General Buhari.

i am not a fan of Buhari and i don't think i will ever be simply due to the fact that i just find it hard to reconcile the fact that the same man who took over power when i was just 9years is the same man coming back to canvass for our votes to occupy same seat when i also have all it takes to be in that same position and make a difference.

I do not know much about his regime because as a nine year old innocent kid, all i saw were men in uniforms and just after two years he was sent packing by Babangida.

But then lets face it,if the person we hoped would make a difference did not deliver the expected dividends of democracy after ruling for six years then i think it makes sense to try another person and since the other alternative we have is an old man of 72 who according to many does not condole corruption.

Conclusively i would say that in my opinion,both GEJ and Buhari are wrong choices but given the present situation that we have to choose one of these two,i would prefer to try this old man out who was not really giving the opportunity to rule way back and see what he has to offer and i believe that every logical Nigerian should do same.

If after 4years we can not see any reason to vote him once more then we can equally sack him out with our votes.

many have maintained that people's vote do not count in Nigeria but i would still employ all as-sundry to vote in for a change irrespective of the possibility of some people who may try to rig.

Together we can bring a positive change to our great Nation.
GEJ is not perfect just like all of us on this platform. He has his flaws. I have talked about what GEJ have done in a post so I won't repeat it again but simply challenge you on some points.
1. You talked about financial misappropriation, but the last time I checked the house of reps comprises the APC and PDP members, why have they not request that thier emoluments be reduced and thier business of legislation be a part time if they are sincere of helping us and the govt to check and fight corruption after all they are also a check to the executive?

2. You talked of amnesty. Fine, Militants I know and thier request is not hidden but the terrorists I do not know and for thier request of Islamizing the country, would you accede to it?

3. You talked about defeating boko haram. Though the government is not doing enough in terms of manning our borders, reducing the influx of illegal and legal immigrants but I believe you know this is a guerilla warfare and very difficult to fight which we are trying to defeat. My question is with the military equipments of Iran, Iraq, Pakistan, have they defeated the terrorists in thier region? I believe you heard what they did to some pupils (my heart felt sympathy) in Pakistan yesterday?

4. Have you heard that when GMB was in power he said he never believed in democracy?
looking back from where we are coming where OBJ had failed to unbundle the power of PHCN so that people could sue them whenever there is epileptic power but leaving it to GEJ to do that, where OBJ and other past leaders ought to have convened a national conference for us to address issues, where those past leaders from the north never remember that poverty and crisis can be fueled lack of education but leaving it to GEJ to build Almagiri schools for them and build dams for us, where GEJ have to do,massive construction of roads except if you based in just a state and don't travel, remodelled airports, reactivated a dead railway, increase workers and corpers salaries etc then I think GEJ is still a better choice, sentiment and hatred apart.

1 Like

Re: Brief Profile: Meet Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof Yemi Osinbajo by ikevin(m): 10:58pm On Dec 17, 2014
experimentist:
I dnt knw dis nigga men. Does he smokes weed?
I am non-partisan, but that is not a respectable way to refer to elderly people, I am quite sure your mother taught you respect, you should use it. that is am accomplished fellow.

3 Likes

Re: Brief Profile: Meet Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof Yemi Osinbajo by tonididdy(m): 10:59pm On Dec 17, 2014
he's definitely got all RCCG votes nationwide

SOMEBODY SHOUT halleluyah !!!

2 Likes

Re: Brief Profile: Meet Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof Yemi Osinbajo by Nobody: 11:00pm On Dec 17, 2014
Eko o ni baje, 9ja o ni baje. APC forever, PDP never

1 Like

Re: Brief Profile: Meet Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof Yemi Osinbajo by Olaolufred(m): 11:03pm On Dec 17, 2014
tonididdy:
he's definitely got all RCCG votes nationwide

SOMEBODY SHOUT halleluyah !!!

[size=28pt] HA LLE LU YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Brief Profile: Meet Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof Yemi Osinbajo by tonididdy(m): 11:04pm On Dec 17, 2014
yungcyrus:
Time for Osibanjo to delcare his assets......

Sounds lyk.........
1. 2 million naira
2. 2 Economicx TextBook
3. 5 Bold Ties
4. 10 Suites
5. 1500 Sheeps
wow you skip ''singular and plural'' class for primary school.

u dont deserve to quote anyone...not even a monkey

2 Likes

Re: Brief Profile: Meet Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof Yemi Osinbajo by bankoleben(m): 11:04pm On Dec 17, 2014
KanwuliaJara:
Not impressed!
A PASTOR-PROF-SAN. . . . ?
Jack of all trade. . . MASTER OF NONE! grin
Shows why BUHARI IS A WEAKLING!
An EASTERNER should have been HIS VP!

Mumu! cheesy

A Prof and a SAN is not a master in his trade? Just confess that you're intimidated by that profile!

4 Likes

Re: Brief Profile: Meet Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof Yemi Osinbajo by adewale2011(m): 11:30pm On Dec 17, 2014
APC....!!!

1 Like

Re: Brief Profile: Meet Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof Yemi Osinbajo by mesutiyke(m): 11:33pm On Dec 17, 2014
teemanbastos:
[size=32pt]Does Sambo have all these?[/size]

#sai Buhari.

Sambo must not have it dear, d most important tin is someone that will lead us to a greater height.
Re: Brief Profile: Meet Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof Yemi Osinbajo by willyrey: 11:50pm On Dec 17, 2014
Still manageable

1 Like

Re: Brief Profile: Meet Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof Yemi Osinbajo by yungcyrus(m): 11:50pm On Dec 17, 2014
tonididdy:
wow you skip ''singular and plural'' class for primary school.

u dont deserve to quote anyone...not even a monkey
yea! 1500 sheeps ,english teacher

1 Like

Re: Brief Profile: Meet Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof Yemi Osinbajo by Markaveli247: 11:56pm On Dec 17, 2014
GEJ till 2019. Nice educational profile anyway. Where z he from?
Re: Brief Profile: Meet Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof Yemi Osinbajo by Tibins(m): 11:58pm On Dec 17, 2014
Walkopet:
Na d kin peson wey we dey find be dis, not dat clueless Zoologist Aka Mr "stealing is not corruption",.........Nigerians let's wake up, we need change, don't sell ur vote, no amount of money that can be given to u dat can feed u for d next 4yrs. Come 2015 power must change hand.

Unfortunately Naija CONSTITUTION does not give the VP powers to act on any except it's given to him by the President. Why can't. YEMI OR FASHOLA be president and Buhari VP
Leave GEJ THERE JOR...

1 Like

Re: Brief Profile: Meet Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof Yemi Osinbajo by Nobody: 12:10am On Dec 18, 2014
Flets:
You forgot to add 'Tinubu's stooge'

Plus that nigga aint 55yrs. That's his football age.
Re: Brief Profile: Meet Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof Yemi Osinbajo by Nobody: 12:45am On Dec 18, 2014
otipoju:
Tinubu I duff my hat for you...those who wanted to use religious sentiments against the APC have not only been robbed of their weapons but it has been turned against them.

Meanwhile the way PDP have been ranting on top APC matter...its as if they are rehearsing for their new role as the opposition party.

so lovely.
u spoke my mind

1 Like

Re: Brief Profile: Meet Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof Yemi Osinbajo by AdeMoss: 1:07am On Dec 18, 2014
Sentiments aside, I see APC with better presidential candidate

1 Like

Re: Brief Profile: Meet Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof Yemi Osinbajo by Nobody: 1:55am On Dec 18, 2014
So he is the one?
What took them so long?
Mchtwwww

1 Like

Re: Brief Profile: Meet Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof Yemi Osinbajo by mensdept: 3:20am On Dec 18, 2014
AdeMoss:
Sentiments aside, I see APC with better presidential candidate

How so?

Don't you guys reason at all?

The truth is bitter, and that is, Buhari is simply carrying out the script. He will be the so-called "Opposition candidate" and "lose", thus ensuring the status quo for the powers that be to continue milking this colony of her majesty dry.

Re: Brief Profile: Meet Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof Yemi Osinbajo by Nctrice(m): 5:05am On Dec 18, 2014
patrickkkk:
I think d voters already could see who among d presidential candidates is able to deliver d change they are clamouring for.
What change? Look if you want a chance of doing things right in this country, you would never get that chance as long as men like GMB and his Vice are in the system and they are the change you want!
Re: Brief Profile: Meet Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof Yemi Osinbajo by Ilekokonit: 5:25am On Dec 18, 2014
gbadexy:
I can feel the wind of change. The momentum is gathering. seems the change is here afterall. The revolution has started.
I hope we get it right this time. The youths need to collect their voters card and participate. Dont just participate online. your votes count. If we all vote and someone rigs, the total number of vote would far exceed the registered voters but if we say they already know the winners and dont vote, it would make it easy for them to rig and go scotsfree. Be the agent of change you desire. i hope we get it right.

Wonderful logic.

1 Like

Re: Brief Profile: Meet Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof Yemi Osinbajo by Nobody: 5:31am On Dec 18, 2014
God bless Nigerian internal colonialists Hausa Fulani Yoruba presidency

2015-2023

2023-2031

We are watching in 3D as Amaechi turn houseboy
Re: Brief Profile: Meet Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof Yemi Osinbajo by kjhova(m): 5:37am On Dec 18, 2014
yungcyrus:
Time for Osibanjo to delcare his assets......

Sounds lyk.........
1. 2 million naira
2. 2 Economicx TextBook
3. 5 Bold Ties
4. 10 Suites
5. 1500 Sheeps

If this is all the professor has, I have more reasons to vote for the Buhari/Osibanjo ticket then!
Re: Brief Profile: Meet Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof Yemi Osinbajo by dklex(m): 5:55am On Dec 18, 2014
highmood:

GEJ is not perfect just like all of us on this platform. He has his flaws. I have talked about what GEJ have done in a post so I won't repeat it again but simply challenge you on some points.
1. You talked about financial misappropriation, but the last time I checked the house of reps comprises the APC and PDP members, why have they not request that thier emoluments be reduced and thier business of legislation be a part time if they are sincere of helping us and the govt to check and fight corruption after all they are also a check to the executive?

2. You talked of amnesty. Fine, Militants I know and thier request is not hidden but the terrorists I do not know and for thier request of Islamizing the country, would you accede to it?

3. You talked about defeating boko haram. Though the government is not doing enough in terms of manning our borders, reducing the influx of illegal and legal immigrants but I believe you know this is a guerilla warfare and very difficult to fight which we are trying to defeat. My question is with the military equipments of Iran, Iraq, Pakistan, have they defeated the terrorists in thier region? I believe you heard what they did to some pupils (my heart felt sympathy) in Pakistan yesterday?

4. Have you heard that when GMB was in power he said he never believed in democracy?
looking back from where we are coming where OBJ had failed to unbundle the power of PHCN so that people could sue them whenever there is epileptic power but leaving it to GEJ to do that, where OBJ and other past leaders ought to have convened a national conference for us to address issues, where those past leaders from the north never remember that poverty and crisis can be fueled lack of education but leaving it to GEJ to build Almagiri schools for them and build dams for us, where GEJ have to do,massive construction of roads except if you based in just a state and don't travel, remodelled airports, reactivated a dead railway, increase workers and corpers salaries etc then I think GEJ is still a better choice, sentiment and hatred apart.

Na only u waka come? Senior advocate of Nigeria, u go type tire, we the masses had made up our mind 6 years is enough to bring about the change we need, but he bleeped up big time.#vote4change#
Re: Brief Profile: Meet Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof Yemi Osinbajo by akanbiaa(m): 6:34am On Dec 18, 2014
Nctrice:
No experience in politics!
same for Fashola too before becoming Governor
Re: Brief Profile: Meet Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof Yemi Osinbajo by oscarjulliet: 6:42am On Dec 18, 2014
There ar so many die hard surpporters club here who never reason good for one seconds. i call them PPP (pay per post) to mr president. They will come to reason good one day when they finish their failed mission come 2015. Poverty is ebola. It blocks eyes and sence of reason. All mad dogs Nairalander, may God bless them in other to reason good. We need change in dis country. Even if Jesus come to be the running mate to Buhari, they will never leave their master Jona. i don't blame them, it is poverty. They are enemy of this nation. God bless Nigeria
Re: Brief Profile: Meet Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof Yemi Osinbajo by Nctrice(m): 6:57am On Dec 18, 2014
akanbiaa:
same for Fashola too before becoming Governor
OK
Re: Brief Profile: Meet Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof Yemi Osinbajo by Nobody: 7:32am On Dec 18, 2014
IjogzK:
Hmmmm Tinubu...

Beht I actually don't care who the Vice is. Vice and Deputy stuffs in Naija are as useless as the "grin" in "Django"

Laff wan kill me oh! Useless ke?
Re: Brief Profile: Meet Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof Yemi Osinbajo by Guk: 7:57am On Dec 18, 2014
Calculia:
[size=18pt]GEJ till Mrs Osinbajo resemble woman[/size]

When God give you better thing and you reject it, then who go give you? The devil?

Mrs Dolapo Osinbajo outwardly is a Dark and Lovely woman.

Inwardly, she posseses a beautiful soul.

Growing up, she had impecable upbringing

Educationally?? Top class!!

Comportment? 100%

Nigeria should bless God for the gift of this couple to us. They are the mould of people we need in Govt to change things. Prof & his wife Dolapo have been sent to restore dignity back to the country. They are the ones we have been yearning for. I wish they were the Presidential couple.

In the history of Nigeria, if you list all the wives of Heads of State and the Deputies, only Abdusalam Abubakar's wife beats her in all the qualities listed above. She is clearly number by far from the others.

Appreciate the oppurtunity that God has given us to install True and Thorough people
Re: Brief Profile: Meet Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof Yemi Osinbajo by calaway: 11:48am On Dec 18, 2014
tbaba1234:
I watched him speak and I am so impressed.

His credentials are impressive too. A great choice.
HE MIGHT BE A GOOD MAN , SAD TO SEE HIM AS RUNNING MATE TO THE WRONG IDEOLOGY. ADEGBOYE HIMSELF KNOWS WHERE HE BELONGS

Re: Brief Profile: Meet Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof Yemi Osinbajo by highmood(m): 11:58am On Dec 18, 2014
dklex:

Na only u waka come? Senior advocate of Nigeria, u go type tire, we the masses had made up our mind 6 years is enough to bring about the change we need, but he bleeped up big time.#vote4change#
why u de vex Mr. Short hand writer. U only speak for ursef, except ur chick or wife tell u wetin u won hear, u no fit know who she go vote for. Hope when Goodluck win, lagoon or power station de close to u.
Re: Brief Profile: Meet Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof Yemi Osinbajo by igbizen(m): 12:04pm On Dec 18, 2014
I hope he has signed his resignation letter, because nothing on earth will make tinubu not to be the VP. Evil men. I weep 4 naija who will letter regret just as deltans regretted wen ibori left n d Dr entered. shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Will Saraki Enjoy The Support Of Pdp Block In Senate Again?? / Nigerians Mock Robert Mugabe, Rochas Okorocha & "The Statue" On Twitter / Dino Melaye, Akpabio, Saraki And Others Storm Uyo, Akwa Ibom State (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.