Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,319 members, 7,836,378 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:39 AM

10 Insights You Should Have Before That Serious Relationship Lead To Marriage - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 10 Insights You Should Have Before That Serious Relationship Lead To Marriage (845 Views)

Should Your First Relationship Lead To Marriage ? / Do University Relationships Ever Lead To Marriage? / 10 Insights You Should Take Steps Into Serious Relationship Before Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Insights You Should Have Before That Serious Relationship Lead To Marriage by Echosam: 8:02pm On Dec 15, 2014
Hi lovely people out there, I am Okunade Blessing, I will like to share with you 10 Insights You Should Have Before That Serious Relationship Lead to Marriage..
With the divorce rate over 50%, too many are apparently making a serious mistake in deciding whom to spend the rest of their life with. To avoid becoming a “statistic”, try to internalize these 10 insights.

1. You pick the wrong person because you expect him/her to change after you’re married. The classic mistake! NEVER MARRY POTENTIAL!! The Golden rule is , if
you can’t be happy with the person the way he or she is now, don’t get married. As a colleague of mine so wisely put it, “You actually can expect people to change after they are married……for the worst!”. So when it comes to the other person’s spirituality, character, personal hygiene, communication skills, and personal habits, make sure you can live with these as they are now,

2. You pick the wrong person because you focus more on chemistry than on character. Chemistry ignites the fire but good character keeps it burning. Beware of the “I’m in love” syndrome. “I’m in love” often means “I’m in lust”. Attraction is there, but have you actually checked out this person’s character? Here are four characteristics to definitely check for:

Humility:
[list]
[li]Does this person believe that “doing the right thing” is more important than personal comfort?[/li]
[/list]

Kindness:
[list]
[li]Does this person enjoy giving pleasure to other people? [/li]
[li]How does she/he treat people she/he doesn’t have to be nice to?[/li]
[li]Does she/he do volunteer work? Give to charity?[/li]
[/list]

Responsibility:
[list]
[li]Can I depend on this person to do what she/he says she/he is going to do?[/li]
[/list]

Happiness:
[list]
[li]Does this person like himself/herself? [/li]
[li]Does she/he enjoy life? Is she/he emotionally stable? [/li]
[li]Ask yourself: [/li]
[list]
[li]Do I want to be more like this person?[/li]
[li]Do I want to have a child with this person?[/li]
[li]Would I like my child to turn out like him or her?[/li]
[/list]
[/list]

3. You choose the wrong person because you do not share a common life goal and priorities. There are three basic ways we connect with...continue reading at http://virginology..com/2014/12/10-insights-you-should-have-before-that.html

1 Like

Re: 10 Insights You Should Have Before That Serious Relationship Lead To Marriage by Nobody: 8:31pm On Dec 15, 2014
Really Insightful.
Lemme re-analyse my girlfriend and our future
Re: 10 Insights You Should Have Before That Serious Relationship Lead To Marriage by happiclox: 8:37pm On Dec 15, 2014
#WORD#
Re: 10 Insights You Should Have Before That Serious Relationship Lead To Marriage by Nobody: 9:22pm On Dec 15, 2014
That is some really good stuff there.

I encourage any1 serious about meaningful dating and/ or courtship to read that in its entirety.

Got my vote

(1) (Reply)

Temptations That Can Ruin Your Relationship! / ugly guys have more game and get more girls / Girls,are U Happy With Election Postponement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.