Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,536 members, 7,816,308 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:16 AM

Police Bans Use Of Fireworks (Banger) In Lagos - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Police Bans Use Of Fireworks (Banger) In Lagos (9000 Views)

2016 New Year fireworks Celebration Photos Around The World! / Do You Blow Knock-outs/fireworks/banger In Other To Activate Christmass Spirit? / Police Bans Unauthorized Sale Of Uniforms, - M.D. Abubakar's PRO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Bans Use Of Fireworks (Banger) In Lagos by MRLINGTON(m): 1:27am On Dec 16, 2014
The Lagos State Police Command, yesterday, banned the use of fire works in the state during the Yuletide season, threatening to deal with any defaulter within the ambit of the law.

Consequently, it has enjoined parents and guardians to warn their children and wards to desist from the use of fireworks, especially banger.

The Command boss, Mr Cornellus Aderanti, in a statement signed by the command spokesman, Kenneth Nwosu, explained that the ban was declared with a view to ensuring public safety and also to avert all manner of dangers associated with its use during harmattan season.

“The state Command wishes to inform the general public that the use of fireworks is banned. Parents are therefore advised to warn their wards to desist from its use to avoid being caught on the wrong side of the law as defaulters will be punished”, he said.

While wishing Lagosians a warm Christmas celebration, Aderanti, however, assured them of the command’s commitment to ensure their safety during the season.
Sauce: www.vanguardngr.com/2014/12/police-ban-use-fireworks-lagos/

5 Likes

Re: Police Bans Use Of Fireworks (Banger) In Lagos by Astuteleader(m): 2:47am On Dec 16, 2014
Nice one

1 Like

Re: Police Bans Use Of Fireworks (Banger) In Lagos by DeanHaas99(m): 2:47am On Dec 16, 2014
Re: Police Bans Use Of Fireworks (Banger) In Lagos by Ishilove: 2:48am On Dec 16, 2014
A Requiem For the Banger cry
Re: Police Bans Use Of Fireworks (Banger) In Lagos by anthoniaz(f): 2:49am On Dec 16, 2014
Nice.
Re: Police Bans Use Of Fireworks (Banger) In Lagos by free2ryhme: 2:49am On Dec 16, 2014
na so dem wan spoil xmas for children ooo

well sha God dey

as dem deny people this little enjoyment for this hard time Na so there own go lost amen

2 Likes

Re: Police Bans Use Of Fireworks (Banger) In Lagos by braine(m): 2:49am On Dec 16, 2014
That's how they've always banned it every year. We'll blow it anyway. cheesy cheesy

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Bans Use Of Fireworks (Banger) In Lagos by showgolee(m): 2:49am On Dec 16, 2014
Ban or no ban, fireworks will be still be seen. Trust lagosians

9 Likes

Re: Police Bans Use Of Fireworks (Banger) In Lagos by ProsperUSA: 2:50am On Dec 16, 2014
Police should ban bribery and corruption not ban people enjoying their lives.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Bans Use Of Fireworks (Banger) In Lagos by Nobody: 2:50am On Dec 16, 2014
Hmm, good move. I guess embarassed

1 Like

Re: Police Bans Use Of Fireworks (Banger) In Lagos by Nobody: 2:50am On Dec 16, 2014
Na today?

7 Likes

Re: Police Bans Use Of Fireworks (Banger) In Lagos by adrainuche(m): 2:50am On Dec 16, 2014
Lol!!! Somethings are not possible...

2 Likes

Re: Police Bans Use Of Fireworks (Banger) In Lagos by Nobody: 2:52am On Dec 16, 2014
free2ryhme:
na so dem wan spoil xmas for children
alternative sources of fun abound

3 Likes

Re: Police Bans Use Of Fireworks (Banger) In Lagos by ceejay80s(m): 2:53am On Dec 16, 2014
Since when has police become FG?
Soon, ordinary kai will ban xmas holiday

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Bans Use Of Fireworks (Banger) In Lagos by belente(m): 2:53am On Dec 16, 2014
Bad biz 4 every body
Re: Police Bans Use Of Fireworks (Banger) In Lagos by Nobody: 2:55am On Dec 16, 2014
They have been banning bangers since inwas a kid but we still dey throw am.
So no shaking at all.

I am a music producer with strings of hits and awards to my name.
Follow me on nairaland and I follow back.
Check out my profile topics if you wanna see my studios. (Should be in top 5 topics)

3 Likes

Re: Police Bans Use Of Fireworks (Banger) In Lagos by amunkita(m): 2:55am On Dec 16, 2014
Mtchewww.. Dem no see weed ban nah knockout.
Omo mk dem no try am cous mii don buy 'purse purse' wey I go tak scare galz com 31st nite.

1 Like

Re: Police Bans Use Of Fireworks (Banger) In Lagos by pocohantas(f): 2:56am On Dec 16, 2014
I support that motion.
I dislike that thing with passion.

Why do kids still use that thing? angry

5 Likes

Re: Police Bans Use Of Fireworks (Banger) In Lagos by IamOpemipo(m): 2:57am On Dec 16, 2014
They can't ban us in orile..iya eyan..idajo owo

1 Like

Re: Police Bans Use Of Fireworks (Banger) In Lagos by rotators: 3:00am On Dec 16, 2014
Re: Police Bans Use Of Fireworks (Banger) In Lagos by Hemanwel(m): 3:01am On Dec 16, 2014
Can they fit??
Re: Police Bans Use Of Fireworks (Banger) In Lagos by stinggy(m): 3:02am On Dec 16, 2014
Like always, but it will still be thrown undecided undecided

Why not ban the shipments?

5 Likes

Re: Police Bans Use Of Fireworks (Banger) In Lagos by BrightEye(m): 3:03am On Dec 16, 2014
They should rathar prevent its importation or if it is to stop manufacturing it, then they are truely serious about baning it.
Re: Police Bans Use Of Fireworks (Banger) In Lagos by harffie(m): 3:10am On Dec 16, 2014
braine:
That's how they've always banned it every year. We'll blow it anyway. cheesy cheesy
Ban ko Banner ni.....if I hear say 'em no blow!!

1 Like

Re: Police Bans Use Of Fireworks (Banger) In Lagos by freezyprinzy(m): 3:10am On Dec 16, 2014
awon oni ranu
Re: Police Bans Use Of Fireworks (Banger) In Lagos by Funjosh(m): 3:13am On Dec 16, 2014
Na Today. No be Today dem don dey ban fireworks grin
Re: Police Bans Use Of Fireworks (Banger) In Lagos by amakufrancis(m): 3:13am On Dec 16, 2014
ayaah
Re: Police Bans Use Of Fireworks (Banger) In Lagos by Funjosh(m): 3:15am On Dec 16, 2014
Na France them born you

pocohantas:
I support that motion.
I dislike that thing with passion.

Why do kids still use that thing? angry

3 Likes

Re: Police Bans Use Of Fireworks (Banger) In Lagos by chillex8(m): 3:17am On Dec 16, 2014
na today Rubbish

Light up the acetylene

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Where Do You Find Nigerians Most Uncivilized? / Why Mr.cork And 190 / Fuel Tanker Collides With Trailer In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.