Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,215 members, 7,815,244 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:32 AM

5 Ways Nigerian Universities Defraud Students - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 5 Ways Nigerian Universities Defraud Students (22233 Views)

6 ways Nigerian Lecturers,frustrate their student. / ::: Funny Ways Nigerian Students Cheat During An Examination::: ( Pics) / Salary Scale Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Ways Nigerian Universities Defraud Students by Nobody: 7:01am On Dec 19, 2014
Didn't you pay alumni fee too?

And those little token those at the office you want to sign clearance ask too.

Very annoying.
Re: 5 Ways Nigerian Universities Defraud Students by condralbede(m): 7:01am On Dec 19, 2014
I don't think it all the Nigeria University that demands money for acceptance fee, I paid for Student Unioin fee,accreditation fee,but its not much,none is up to 1k5, No lecturer has ever imposed it on us to buy his/her hard out during my days in the school#Unimaid.
Re: 5 Ways Nigerian Universities Defraud Students by Nobody: 7:02am On Dec 19, 2014
we all know there-s too much money in nigeria
Re: 5 Ways Nigerian Universities Defraud Students by nemelu123(m): 7:05am On Dec 19, 2014
UNIPORT COLLECTED ACCEPTANCE FEE OF 30K THIS YEAR
PURE ROBBERY
Re: 5 Ways Nigerian Universities Defraud Students by scarffield(m): 7:06am On Dec 19, 2014
Thewhizzkid1:

What will u then say of AAU? I paid 50k as acceptance fee(AAU)
God x watchn u oo!
Re: 5 Ways Nigerian Universities Defraud Students by daben1(m): 7:07am On Dec 19, 2014
I don't see this as defraud oo... So you want to go university free of charge?
Re: 5 Ways Nigerian Universities Defraud Students by lymelyte(m): 7:07am On Dec 19, 2014
Re: 5 Ways Nigerian Universities Defraud Students by Nobody: 7:07am On Dec 19, 2014
herald9:
When it comes to extorting money from students... Uniuyo is second to nonecheesy

Imagine...the acceptance fee for UNICAL is 10k...
UNIUYO is 15k.

Most universities release their second admission list free of charge... but in UNIUYO you've to pay from 1k to 2k according to how late you were.

After you've scaled through this hurdle and finally go for screening... much more surprises awaits you.

This is why I always fantasize becoming a lecturer or working in the university.

Acceptance fee 10k and u dey complain? In AAU its 50k

These people are unknown business gurus.
Re: 5 Ways Nigerian Universities Defraud Students by Isycutie: 7:08am On Dec 19, 2014
Uniport-30k
Re: 5 Ways Nigerian Universities Defraud Students by streetzdreamz(m): 7:10am On Dec 19, 2014
Rapmoney:

I never knew students somewhere pay up to that as acceptance fee! Crazy!
bro,u said it ursef ts been 8yrs,inflation stuffs lol,I paid 32k as ma acceptance fees years back,n its still dsame figure right nw,97k for school fee @EKSU,d fees just got a slash dis session cuz of d new governor who reduced d tuition by 20%,nfn drives me crazier dan d departmental,faculty,sug dues we pay every semester,with no improvement in our labs,or a good generating set to power d equipments,d worst is,failure to pay dis silly dues u'l b thrown outa d examination hall,even if u'v paid ur school fee,ts rili pathetic.,
Re: 5 Ways Nigerian Universities Defraud Students by Timothy3113(m): 7:11am On Dec 19, 2014
You ppl are shouting uyo, rivas, kwasu dnt pay acceptance fee, but dere tutition fess is 210000 for non indigne.
Imagine paying like dis every year when u are nt en priv uni
Re: 5 Ways Nigerian Universities Defraud Students by ibietela2(m): 7:12am On Dec 19, 2014
herald9:
When it comes to extorting money from students... Uniuyo is second to nonecheesy

Imagine...the acceptance fee for UNICAL is 10k...
UNIUYO is 15k.

Most universities release their second admission list free of charge... but in UNIUYO you've to pay from 1k to 2k according to how late you were.

After you've scaled through this hurdle and finally go for screening... much more surprises awaits you.

This is why I always fantasize becoming a lecturer or working in the university.

These people are unknown business gurus.

RSUST = 30K
Re: 5 Ways Nigerian Universities Defraud Students by salamij(m): 7:12am On Dec 19, 2014
na wa fo naija o
Re: 5 Ways Nigerian Universities Defraud Students by Sylvarresta(m): 7:14am On Dec 19, 2014
make I sha no talk, before my VC go cum see my comment here and suspend me

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways Nigerian Universities Defraud Students by Nobody: 7:15am On Dec 19, 2014
GNS fee.. I miss OOU cry

2 Likes

Re: 5 Ways Nigerian Universities Defraud Students by Onozboy(m): 7:15am On Dec 19, 2014
FrancisTony:

Cheap!

UI- 20K
FUTO- 40K

cheap!
AAU 43k
Re: 5 Ways Nigerian Universities Defraud Students by DEGREE2466(m): 7:16am On Dec 19, 2014
Jennimma:

tell him o. Uniben-45k

you sure say you have seen the maingate of uniben before or they told you?.

Uniben pay 45k as acceptance fee and 46k as school fees for non science students and 49k5h for science students in hundred level.

Then from two hundred down all students(whether indegene of not) pay 12k for non science and 14k for science students.

Please note that uniben does not do indigene in payment of any fee as the school belongs to federal govt. Not state.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Ways Nigerian Universities Defraud Students by youngwarlocks: 7:17am On Dec 19, 2014
if u think education is expensive, try ignorance

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways Nigerian Universities Defraud Students by lawrenceunaa: 7:17am On Dec 19, 2014
Unn 25k sch fees for engineering 61450 excluding bank charges
Re: 5 Ways Nigerian Universities Defraud Students by ozo13(m): 7:19am On Dec 19, 2014
angry grin wat will u ppl now say abt some state universities DAT pay as high as 500k per session ...
Rapmoney:
October, 2014 made it 8 years I successfully graduated from the university. I still vividly remember some of those unnecessary fees, dues and levies we had to pay in order to obtain that 'overrated paper' called certificate wink The truth is that most of these fees paid by university undergraduates are highly defrauding. I don't know if some of them still exist or if more have been added to the ones I have always known of. Here we go:

1. Accreditation fee: What the heck does this mean? Instead of sincerely apologizing to me for collecting money from me as tuition fee, when the university or department I have been admitted to lacks legality, how dare you turn around and ask me to fund the accreditation exercise? Nigerian universities would not use money collected as accreditation fees from students to purchase facilities that would aid academic and scholastic pursuits. The monies end up in private pockets. Prof. Ezekwe should rot in hell grin

2. Acceptance fee: Accepting or rejecting admission should be done simply through written letter or any other form that can act as a formal notification. Collecting 5k to 10k (don't know if that's the current fee) as acceptance fee is fraudulent! I often wonder why students pay to accept an admission offer

3. Students' Affairs dues: Another fraudulent fee! What does this department do? Students' affairs units in our universities are not relevant to the socio-economic issues students face on daily basis on campus. All through my days in the Ivory Tower, I was a fervent payer of Students' Affairs dues yet I fought all my problems myself what ever form they came. So what does our money do as dues? A student who couldn't pay medical bills was allowed to suffer, yet a fervent payer like myself.

4. Post UME forms and Scratch Cards: Why sell forms or cards when you know the capacity of the school will not be able to accommodate the teeming youths seeking for admission? This is fraudulent. Nigerian universities lower their cut-off marks just to attract desperate candidates. They need people to purchase cards and forms when in essence, these people won't even see or touch the school's matric gown for that academic session. Jambites, next time a friend tells you that Migwor University or University of Vrendo accepts 150 as cut-off mark, you might just be one of the steps on the ladder for that university to make serious money!

5. In all, selling of handouts, unnecessary and low-standard books to students, useless old rusted machines in faculties of Engineering, old and outdated computers in Computer Science dept. are all fraud! That's why we have been producing elect/elect Engineers that cannot connect lamp-holder, talk less of manufacturing wrist-watch cheesy

Pls, feel free to add yours.
Re: 5 Ways Nigerian Universities Defraud Students by DesChyko: 7:23am On Dec 19, 2014
Departmental DUE
Faculty DUE
Association DUE
Alumni DUE
Security DUE
Verification DUE
Siwes DUE
Student Affairs DUE
Insurance DUE
Bank DUE (₦300 on all payments)
Accreditation DUE..but to mention a few.

Cc: Anambra State University.. Your 1st Year fees totals ₦150k min, Hostel not included..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Ways Nigerian Universities Defraud Students by Rapmoney(m): 7:24am On Dec 19, 2014
ozo13:
angry grin wat will u ppl now say abt some state universities DAT pay as high as 500k per session ...

Any university that collects 500k as school fee should be a private university. I don't think any public uni does that.
Re: 5 Ways Nigerian Universities Defraud Students by radiance26(f): 7:26am On Dec 19, 2014
Na dat GNS fee dey vex me pass.
Re: 5 Ways Nigerian Universities Defraud Students by Rapmoney(m): 7:28am On Dec 19, 2014
DesChyko:
Departmental DUE
Faculty DUE
Association DUE
Alumni DUE
Security DUE
Verification DUE
Siwes DUE
Student Affairs DUE
Insurance DUE
Bank DUE (₦300 on all payments)
Accreditation DUE..but to mention a few.

Cc: Anambra State University.. Your 1st Year fees totals ₦150k min, Hostel not included..

I still remember when everything you pay as a 100 level student was just about 45k to 50k in Anambra State University! Na wa o!
Re: 5 Ways Nigerian Universities Defraud Students by TOPCRUISE(m): 7:28am On Dec 19, 2014
THEIR EXCUSE:
1)NIGERIAN STUDENTS LACK READING CULTURE:
2) IF EDUCATION IS EXPENSIVE TRY IGNORANCE
3)70 SOMETHING PERCENTAGE FAIL WAEC IN YEAR SO, SO AND SO
Re: 5 Ways Nigerian Universities Defraud Students by Rapmoney(m): 7:31am On Dec 19, 2014
youngwarlocks:
if u think education is expensive, try ignorance

If you were enlightened, you wouldn't say that wink

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways Nigerian Universities Defraud Students by daintyprincess(f): 7:33am On Dec 19, 2014
Bros,d thing don.too enter ur body but come to think of it ur own no.reach mine own-acceptance fee:#60000, parents/teachers forum #5000(na every year dat one dey enter),student body-#2000(dey say na for building(up till now we never see cement not to talk of sand),then laboratory fee,me my experiment no be for inside own but I must to pay am.God.Will help n enrich them so that they can free us even if na small
Re: 5 Ways Nigerian Universities Defraud Students by Kumalayer(m): 7:36am On Dec 19, 2014
FUTA
Acceptance fee-40k
school fee-84,200
Imagine for a federal tertiary institution
Re: 5 Ways Nigerian Universities Defraud Students by JustCurious: 7:38am On Dec 19, 2014
Acceptance Fee is one of the most ridiculous. Most schools now charge N25,000 for it. And, this singular sum has made many students forfeit their admission because they can't afford it. Many parents are not satisfied, yet no one is talking out loud. Why would I have to pay N25,000 as an acceptance fee? A formal letter would have been perfect as rightly suggested. I wish the government would look into this, please.
Re: 5 Ways Nigerian Universities Defraud Students by xtremrules(m): 7:38am On Dec 19, 2014
for here in Umudike MOUAU first year students pay 15800 for acceptance mandatory 60k for some stupid hostel and 50k+ depending on your department. in fact to register some you pay. we register our courses for the session twice, one online and the other manual. that online is too steal 2500 from student because failure to register manually means you won't see any result but if you can successfully prevent that online registration with manual done your results will be released.
Re: 5 Ways Nigerian Universities Defraud Students by DesChyko: 7:38am On Dec 19, 2014
Rapmoney:

I still remember when everything you pay as a 100 level student was just about 45k to 50k in Anambra State University! Na wa o!

Like eight years ago.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dangote, Obaseki, Others At AAU Convocation Ceremony (Photos) / Adamu: I Failed As A Minister For Not Solving Challenges In Educational Sector / Why Nigeria tertiary institutions are not attracting international students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.