Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,648 members, 7,813,179 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:15 AM

When Did Buhari Suddenly Become Electable? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / When Did Buhari Suddenly Become Electable? (6055 Views)

Bayelsa Bombing & Water Pollution: When Did Nigerians Become This silly? / Why Did Buhari Suddenly Remember The SE And SS? / Have Nigerian Taxi Drivers Suddenly Become Rich Or Telling Fantastic Stories (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Did Buhari Suddenly Become Electable? by Reptyle(m): 1:59pm On Dec 18, 2014
onatisi:
first of all don't take the loud noise and opinion of just 100 monikers on nairaland here that belongs to maybe just 10 people as the general stand of yorubas on buhari. Secondly,there is no way buhari can win in the south west except maybe it is rigged for him by apc governors. Thirdly pdp still remains the party of the yoruba majority,but yorubas are very enlightened and mature when it comes to elections,they have the capacity to vote for different parties at each level in a particular election. The problem pdp has always had in the south west is candidate and that can be seen in the case of ekiti and osun. Anytime pdp presents a popular candidate acceptable to the yoruba man ,they vote enmasse for pdp eg ekiti. In the case of osun,many osun indigenes are already fed up of apc but because the candidate presented by pdp is not popular they decided to vote for apc and even despite that pdp was still able to pull over 200,000 votes. apc is currently facing a battle of survival in the south west ,the party is hugely divided and many key figures have left, there is no way apc won't drop one or 2 more states in the south west. In the case of buhari, forget the fools shouting buhari name here on nairaland all day,the points against buhari is more than the points in his advantage. I can tell u that buhari is not accepted to the majority of yorubas .a candidate like atiku would have given pdp serious problems with a vice in the mould of oshiomole but buhari and osinbajo ticket is just as if apc leaders are been paid to lose that elections .

I read your long post all the way to the end hoping at some point to detect a hint of sarcasm...but found none. I therefore concluded that you were very serious in your analysis of the Buhari, his party the APC and their chances in the upcoming election.

I consequently submit that you sir, do not know what you are talking about. I am guessing you live outside Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: When Did Buhari Suddenly Become Electable? by NgeneUkwenu(f): 2:02pm On Dec 18, 2014
onatisi:
first of all don't take the loud noise and opinion of just 100 monikers on nairaland here that belongs to maybe just 10 people as the general stand of yorubas on buhari. Secondly,there is no way buhari can win in the south west except maybe it is rigged for him by apc governors. Thirdly pdp still remains the party of the yoruba majority,but yorubas are very enlightened and mature when it comes to elections,they have the capacity to vote for different parties at each level in a particular election. The problem pdp has always had in the south west is candidate and that can be seen in the case of ekiti and osun. Anytime pdp presents a popular candidate acceptable to the yoruba man ,they vote enmasse for pdp eg ekiti. In the case of osun,many osun indigenes are already fed up of apc but because the candidate presented by pdp is not popular they decided to vote for apc and even despite that pdp was still able to pull over 200,000 votes. apc is currently facing a battle of survival in the south west ,the party is hugely divided and many key figures have left, there is no way apc won't drop one or 2 more states in the south west. In the case of buhari, forget the fools shouting buhari name here on nairaland all day,the points against buhari is more than the points in his advantage. I can tell u that buhari is not accepted to the majority of yorubas .a candidate like atiku would have given pdp serious problems with a vice in the mould of oshiomole but buhari and osinbajo ticket is just as if apc leaders are been paid to lose that elections .

When last did you interact with people in the streets of south West? Just try and come back!

1 Like

Re: When Did Buhari Suddenly Become Electable? by seankay(m): 2:13pm On Dec 18, 2014
Well am voting Buhari because ive now realised he is not a fanatic and he is honest and also because GEJ had failed woefully

3 Likes

Re: When Did Buhari Suddenly Become Electable? by onatisi(m): 2:23pm On Dec 18, 2014
Reptyle:

I read your long post all the way to the end hoping at some point to detect a hint of sarcasm...but found none. I therefore concluded that you were very serious in your analysis of the Buhari, his party the APC and their chances in the upcoming election.

I consequently submit that you sir, do not know what you are talking about. I am guessing you live outside Nigeria.

listen we both know how the game is played. When AD was in govt in the south west ,you dare not mention pdp or even support them in public but did they lose or not?when pdp was in govt in south west states ,you dare not talk against them but yet ppl voted them out! In the south west the mere fact that ppl agree with apc members views at newstands or bukaterias doent mean they will vote for apc. If u really want to be in tune with things don't base ur opinions on what ppl say at busstops or newstands ,yorubas are peace loving people and they will do anything possible not to pick a fight so if u tell them apc is the best they will readily agree but once u turn ur back they will yimu at u. That is yoruba politics for u.in yoruba politics when ppl are shouting and hailing u be very careful there is 80% possibilty they won't vote for u,but they will tell u what u want to hear.
Re: When Did Buhari Suddenly Become Electable? by Nobody: 2:26pm On Dec 18, 2014
chukwudi44:

Mumu na who call u?

Ibofool, i lie.
Re: When Did Buhari Suddenly Become Electable? by Nobody: 2:28pm On Dec 18, 2014
seankay:
Well am voting Buhari because ive now realised he is not a fanatic and he is honest and also because GEJ had failed woefully

Very noble and sincere reason.
Re: When Did Buhari Suddenly Become Electable? by Reptyle(m): 2:37pm On Dec 18, 2014
onatisi:
listen we both know how the game is played. When AD was in govt in the south west ,you dare not mention pdp or even support them in public but did they lose or not?when pdp was in govt in south west states ,you dare not talk against them but yet ppl voted them out! In the south west the mere fact that ppl agree with apc members views at newstands or bukaterias doent mean they will vote for apc. If u really want to be in tune with things don't base ur opinions on what ppl say at busstops or newstands ,yorubas are peace loving people and they will do anything possible not to pick a fight so if u tell them apc is the best they will readily agree but once u turn ur back they will yimu at u. That is yoruba politics for u.in yoruba politics when ppl are shouting and hailing u be very careful there is 80% possibilty they won't vote for u,but they will tell u what u want to hear.

I hear you sir.

The elections are around the corner and we can put your hypothesis to test.

May God spare our lives till that time.

1 Like

Re: When Did Buhari Suddenly Become Electable? by onatisi(m): 2:42pm On Dec 18, 2014
Reptyle:

I hear you sir.

The elections are around the corner and we can put your hypothesis to test.

May God spare our lives till that time.
thanks for the time u spent in replying me ,I have also learnt a lot from you.hopefully the best man will win. Once again thanks .
Re: When Did Buhari Suddenly Become Electable? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Dec 18, 2014
Leave all of them, Buddahmonk was very correct when he opened a particular thread about how these tortoise-like yorubas claim to be sophiscated but at the end of the day, what matters to them is "oma wa ni." Whatever the hell that means.

These yorubas shouting "Buhari, Buhari" voted massively for Obasanjo their son when he contested againt the same Buhari who they now call the Messaiah. Pray tell, are these yorubas saying that Obasanjo is a better choice to Buhari? If they see Obasanjo as better than Buhari how is it that Buhari has suddenly become the best man to rule Nigeria? If Obasanjo is considered better than Buhari then Buhari is not worth it.

We all know they voted masively for Obasanjo because he is their son and nothing more. That is how our self-acclaimed sophisticated yorubas reason and behave. These yorubas are highly unreliable people and very unstable; they are a treachrous group of people who mistake back-stabbing and treachery for sophistication and wisdom. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: When Did Buhari Suddenly Become Electable? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Dec 18, 2014
chukwudi44:

In other words you voted for your tribesmen in 2003 and is now here ranting change because your tribesman is not on the ticket smh.

Don't mind them.
Re: When Did Buhari Suddenly Become Electable? by LogicPower(m): 2:57pm On Dec 18, 2014
onatisi:

Your post is riddled with contradictions, delusion and deception!

1. It amounts to grand delusion for you to claim that PDP "remains the party of the Yoruba majority", only for you to contradict yourself subsequently by stating that "there is no way APC won't drop one or two states"!

2. And if, by your own admission, the problem PDP "has always had in the SW is candidate", and if the Yorubas are, also by your admission, enlightened people, why then should they stick to a party that ALWAYS has problems getting good and popular candidates?

3. How difficult is it for a people of Yorubas' level of enlightenment to come to the conclusion that a party that ALWAYS has problems getting good candidates in their region is NOT the right party the majority of their people should stick to in a multi-party system?

4. If, in any given situation, there are two groups of people, and one group almost always presents good and decent representatives from among them, and the other group almost always presents rogues and bandits as its representatives, does it not LOGICALLY follow that there are a lot more good people in the former group than in the latter?.

5. Is it not then an insult to the Yoruba people for you to imply that majority of them support a party that has so repeatedly failed to present good candidates for them who would perform credibly well?

6. The deception in your post, which could easily be detected by any discerning mind, is that you only speculated about Buhari's chances of being elected or not elected by the Yorubas, but you COMPLETELY and DECEPTIVELY avoided ANY MENTION of how popular, electable or acceptable you think the clueless is among the Yorubas, and why!.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Did Buhari Suddenly Become Electable? by Nobody: 2:58pm On Dec 18, 2014
theV0ice:

does he have any evidence that i'm from the south west?

moreover, if voting for Buhari makes south west slaves, then anybody who votes GEJ too is a slave. period

when you guys are ready to discuss objectively without childish innuendos and adjectives, we'll discuss

Answer his question, the yorubas have rejected Buhari more than once when he contested against their son, how is it that Buhari has suddenly become the best man to rule Nigeria for goodness sakes?

2 Likes

Re: When Did Buhari Suddenly Become Electable? by onatisi(m): 3:00pm On Dec 18, 2014
Funny thread
Re: When Did Buhari Suddenly Become Electable? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:01pm On Dec 18, 2014
Chukwudi44, you are not doubting the speakership of Rt. Hon Aminu Tambuwal today?

3 Likes

Re: When Did Buhari Suddenly Become Electable? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:03pm On Dec 18, 2014
EUROBOMBER:

Answer his question, the yorubas have rejected Buhari more than once when he contested against their son, how is it that Buhari has suddenly become the best man to rule Nigeria for goodness sakes?
You should be worried about your own part of the country.

1 Like

Re: When Did Buhari Suddenly Become Electable? by theV0ice: 3:04pm On Dec 18, 2014
EUROBOMBER:

and where did you jump out from that all of a sudden you've become mister teacher whom i must obey? If you have the ability to read, go through our exchanges and find your answers.

If you want us to exchange Yoruba-Igbo question and answers, you can ask me again so i can fire you mine own
Re: When Did Buhari Suddenly Become Electable? by Nobody: 3:05pm On Dec 18, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:

You should be worried about your own part of the country.

Obviously you have no sensible answer to the question. I worry about Nigeria that is why we must NOT allow Buhari become president.
Re: When Did Buhari Suddenly Become Electable? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:25pm On Dec 18, 2014
EUROBOMBER:

Obviously you have no sensible answer to the question. I worry about Nigeria that is why we must NOT allow Buhari become president.
I will suggest you hit the street to sample opinion. If you do, you will realize Jonathan will lose in 2015.

1 Like

Re: When Did Buhari Suddenly Become Electable? by Nobody: 3:40pm On Dec 18, 2014
holatin:
They don't know who he is then.
Nobody know Jonathan can't rule a class not to talk of a country.

A lot of people Ve been brainwashed that he is a fanatic

and ur vote will multiply to how many? dey hungry for likes like sey u fit use likes drink ijebu GARRI
Re: When Did Buhari Suddenly Become Electable? by Nobody: 3:54pm On Dec 18, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:

I will suggest you hit the street to sample opinion. If you do, you will realize Jonathan will lose in 2015.

You must have doing your survey in Niger Republic because here in Nigeria where I live, it is GEJ all the way. cool
Re: When Did Buhari Suddenly Become Electable? by holatin(m): 3:57pm On Dec 18, 2014
correctguy0900:

and ur vote will multiply to how many? dey hungry for likes like sey u fit use likes drink ijebu GARRI
me hungry for likes,people appreciate my word and like it.
don't cry yet, you can reach my level one day

I wish I can give you from my likes
Re: When Did Buhari Suddenly Become Electable? by Jesusloveyou: 3:59pm On Dec 18, 2014
chukwudi44:
On three previous occasions 2003,2007 and 2011 Buhari contested for the presidency of these country and was rejected by the southern electorates including our SW brothers. Most noteworthy was the number of votes he got in 2003 in the sw when he contested against obasanjo. My question now is why did the sw people reject Buhari in 2003 when the had the very opportunity of 'ending' corruption in 2003?If they know Buhari had all the qualities they now ascribe to him why then did they reject him for a corruption personified obasanjo?
who vote for obj in 2003?is it sw,ss,or se,or d north also vote against buhari in 2003?we never had election since 1999 till date.
Re: When Did Buhari Suddenly Become Electable? by Kingspin(m): 4:13pm On Dec 18, 2014
APC propaganda worked perfectly to some push over people. And i can say that many people dnt know why they hate GEJ till date.

1 Like

Re: When Did Buhari Suddenly Become Electable? by onatisi(m): 4:19pm On Dec 18, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:

piease which streets are u talking about? is it the street in ur neighbourhood,local govt or state? Believe me you only speak about the street in ur local govt but not even of ur state . Do you know what is been said in other streets in other states ?what about the streets in edo,kano,jos,enugu,oron and etc do u know what ppl are saying there? Don't base the outcome of the national general elections on what some 50 ppl are saying in ur street. Nigeria is bigger than one state ,local government of local street.

2 Likes

Re: When Did Buhari Suddenly Become Electable? by onatisi(m): 4:23pm On Dec 18, 2014
Kingspin:
APC propaganda worked perfectly to some push over people. And i can say that many people dnt know why they hate GEJ till date.
bros,please don't say ppl hate gej. Don't use comments and posts on nairaland to judge the nation political pulse. Believe me majority of nigerians will still vote for pdp anytime anyday for the presidential. But for state guber elections they may have big running battle to contend with.
Re: When Did Buhari Suddenly Become Electable? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:35pm On Dec 18, 2014
onatisi:
piease which streets are u talking about? is it the street in ur neighbourhood,local govt or state? Believe me you only speak about the street in ur local govt but not even of ur state . Do you know what is been said in other streets in other states ?what about the streets in edo,kano,jos,enugu,oron and etc do u know what ppl are saying there? Don't base the outcome of the national general elections on what some 50 ppl are saying in ur street. Nigeria is bigger than one state ,local government of local street.
I go round the country, SS, SW and NC. Check my post history.

1 Like

Re: When Did Buhari Suddenly Become Electable? by Genius100: 4:39pm On Dec 18, 2014
chukwudi44:

GEJ did not contest against Buhari in 2003.Except you want to tell me obasanjo was a better option than Buhari.

Yes, OBJ was better than Buhari in 2003.

The 2003 Buhari is different from the 2014 Buhari. The 2014 Buhari is more mainstream. He is in the same party with the likes of Fashola, Utomi. He has more intellectual assets at his disposal

1 Like

Re: When Did Buhari Suddenly Become Electable? by Jesusloveyou: 4:52pm On Dec 18, 2014
EUROBOMBER:

because we all love nigeria,we wil never allow saTANiod to rule over us again.d corruption and killing have to stop.we all need change.gej till 2015.

1 Like

Re: When Did Buhari Suddenly Become Electable? by politifact: 5:05pm On Dec 18, 2014
EUROBOMBER:
Leave all of them, Buddahmonk was very correct when he opened a particular thread about how these tortoise-like yorubas claim to be sophiscated but at the end of the day, what matters to them is "oma wa ni." Whatever the hell that means.

These yorubas shouting "Buhari, Buhari" voted massively for Obasanjo their son when he contested againt the same Buhari who they now call the Messaiah. Pray tell, are these yorubas saying that Obasanjo is a better choice to Buhari? If they see Obasanjo as better than Buhari how is it that Buhari has suddenly become the best man to rule Nigeria? If Obasanjo is considered better than Buhari then Buhari is not worth it.

We all know they voted masively for Obasanjo because he is their son and nothing more. That is how our self-acclaimed sophisticated yorubas reason and behave. These yorubas are highly unreliable people and very unstable; they are a treachrous group of people who mistake back-stabbing and treachery for sophistication and wisdom. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
your analysis showed you are not a good student of history,yoruba's didn't vote obasanjo in 1999,they voted olu falae while in 2003 obasanjo tricked the then AD governors to work for him and it all turned out to ba disaster.pls let us push aside ethnic sentiments and make the necessary change come february 2015.The clamor for change goes beyond ethnicity and ethnocentricism.tnx

1 Like

Re: When Did Buhari Suddenly Become Electable? by Nobody: 5:16pm On Dec 18, 2014
politifact:
your analysis showed you are not a good student of history,yoruba's didn't vote obasanjo in 1999,they voted olu falae while in 2003 obasanjo tricked the then AD governors to work for him and it all turned out to ba disaster.pls let us push aside ethnic sentiments and make the necessary change come february 2015.The clamor for change goes beyond ethnicity and ethnocentricism.tnx

Ehhheeennnn

You can lie

Omo wa ni = His our child

Yorubas used that phrase to justify their reason for voting OBJ
Re: When Did Buhari Suddenly Become Electable? by Olaolufred(m): 5:21pm On Dec 18, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
Chukwudi44, you are not doubting the speakership of Rt. Hon Aminu Tambuwal today?

[size=14pt] sukuudi is more valuable at ladipo market than nairaland. he has removed his hands from anything tambuwal.
welldone ichie.[/size]

1 Like

Re: When Did Buhari Suddenly Become Electable? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:28pm On Dec 18, 2014
Olaolufred:

[size=14pt] sukuudi is more valuable at ladipo market than nairaland. he has removed his hands from anything tambuwal.
welldone ichie.[/size]
The man is just obsessed. He is just like DerideGull aka Dede1 aka Duru1, except that Dede is more sensible.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Osinbajo To Lead Nigeria’s Delegation To AU Summit In Kigali / APC Registration: Senator Orji Kalu Revalidates Membership / NNPCL Confirms Rise Of Oil Production To 1.6 Million BPD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.