Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,315 members, 7,811,943 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:19 AM

Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! (8203 Views)

Nairaland.com Front Page Updates Taking Too Long / "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? / Home Page Topic Suggestion Topic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Go Down)

Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by Akposy(m): 6:45pm On Dec 18, 2014
Its okay the way it is
I suggested u update d front page with 10 topics daily
Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by Nobody: 6:46pm On Dec 18, 2014
LaurelP:
I have issues with the fact that mods post only their own topics on fp even when its not qualified to be there. And there are other better topics.
Thank you.

What the hell is really wrong with TheRealMrStan and lalasticlala? undecided

1 Like

Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by mahxiimus(m): 6:46pm On Dec 18, 2014
its okay
Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by homesteady(m): 6:50pm On Dec 18, 2014
too many threads on frontpage!
though its very good! unlike before where only very few topics will make frontpage!

1 Like

Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by Nobody: 6:57pm On Dec 18, 2014
Seun,

My problem is that I'll create an interesting thread, it would never make FP.
Your supermods only push their own, and most useless "Romance section" topics e.g

- Nairalanders with pink lips.
- Prettiest Nairalanders.
-Virgin this, Virgin that.
- My gf did this and that.
- WTF

Religion section topics hardly make FP except when a dry topic is being created by supermod. No wonder moral decadence is prevalent in our society.

Religion section threads generate lot of pages in an argument and that's how a traffic would be generated not some crap threads. Smh

23 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by lanxlot(m): 7:03pm On Dec 18, 2014
u c, I created a thread On this.....but it Was hiding. nairaland these days is more like purchasing a newspaper, dat I say is commendable. but d rate at Which topics make fp is juz too quick. u avent even digested a topic, and u will find anoda....if d rate at Which topics make fp is regulated.....say every 5 minutes, I think it will be beta.....but all in all, u av succeeded in avin more viewers.....members and none members ranging from 2,000 members to 4,000 guest at intervals......dat I say, is a welcum development.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by pinkycute(f): 7:05pm On Dec 18, 2014
I like it ooooo

But sometimes, some thread on FP drive me nut angry Infact" I sometimes regret using my Mb to open it embarassed and how I wish the poster nd the mob that push the senseless thread to FP can give me back my Mb undecided
Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by Nobody: 7:08pm On Dec 18, 2014
laykorn:
*clears throat*
I don't see any problem with the way the fp is being updated. It should be so, shouldn't it?

My only question is that; what is the right protocol if we want our topics to be on fp?

And what decides if they'll get to fp or not?
Ayamlaykorn

Seconded by Me grin
Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by VocalWalls: 7:10pm On Dec 18, 2014
Update frequency is okay..

But most topics are found wanting, in terms of quality.

Mr seun, I believe you can fix that.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by jnrbayano(m): 7:13pm On Dec 18, 2014
A few names monopolize the frontpage.
Are they the only good writers or do they have shares in Nairaland?

Mr Seun please spread the frontpage benefactors around.

Thanks.

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by mcfynest(m): 7:15pm On Dec 18, 2014
Nice development seun, but i have wanted to open a thread complaining about how rapid posts are getting on fp. For example, if i go to work in the morning, i would eead NL fp topics, buh in the evening, the news are gone down so i merely read rapidly instead of digesting and somtimes miss some topics. Please give the mod max topics per day/afternoon/night.

1 Like

Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by otiigba1(m): 7:19pm On Dec 18, 2014
why is it that when you we choose a user name we are stuck with?, we would like to change user names if we thought its boring or inapropriate, some of the name on here are really appaulling like "born2fuck" to sweetpenis" i mean they are really inapropriate angry
Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by lanxlot(m): 7:23pm On Dec 18, 2014
FrancisTony:
Seun,

My problem is that I'll create an interesting thread, it would never make FP.
Your supermods only push their own, and most useless "Romance section" topics e.g

- Nairalanders with pink lips.
- Prettiest Nairalanders.
-Virgin this, Virgin that.
- My gf did this and that.
- WTF

Religion section topics hardly make FP except when a dry topic is being created by supermod. No wonder moral decadence is prevalent in our society.

Religion section threads generate lot of pages in an argument and that's how a traffic would be generated not some crap threads. Smh
seconded On what u said about religion section....I created a thread, it read.....who is Melchizedek as recorded in hebrew 7 vs 1-3.....nt long ago. I had more dan 270 comments Or thereabout amounting up to 7 Or 8 pages.....it didn't see d light of d day On fp. no qualms. i xpeced d for n against, but what amazed me d most is how grounded many pple r On matax pertaining d scripture.

1 Like

Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by tosyne2much(m): 7:30pm On Dec 18, 2014
[b] Seun, my observations goes thus

1. I don't like the fact that FP is centred on only two nairalanders even when their topics sometimes seem to be poo (partiality shouldn't be encouraged)

2. The front page is too jam-packed.. The super moderators should let one topic digest b4 moving another one

3. Ridiculous topics seems to be making FP lately. FP is the interface of the forum which people will use to judge the entire forum, therefore, you have to move sensitive topics to the FP

4. FP topics shouldn't only be centred on Romance, Celebrities and Politics section alone.. We also need to laugh, two topics from the Jokes section daily isn't a bad idea (it's just like moderators are trying to let us know that all other section aside the aforelisted ones are inferior)

5. I don't like the fact that some untrue stories are being moved to the FP.. That is, cooked up stories. We don't need a prophet to tell us that some stories are not true

7, Too much related threads moved to the FP will cause lack of interest on such thread.. E.g, Why You Should Never Have Sex Before Marriage, another one, Why Virginity Is The Best You Can Give To Your Partner, another one, Why A Lady Should Keep Her Virginity.. You should understand what I mean Seun

8. The only reward you can give to Nairalanders is by encouraging them by moving their thread to FP. People are not encouraged to create good threads anymore. Therefore, Nairalanders should be given an opportunity to explore their talents

9. I don't like the fact that educational topics barely Hit FP.. 3-4 Threads from Education section should be making FP rather than all these, Pictures of Wizkid and Ice Prince son

10. Lastly, unique topics which we are not familiar with should be hitting FP rather than all those, How To Make A Man Love You, How To Propose To A Lady, My Landlord Son Is Asking For Hand In Marriage, How Do I Tell Him I'm Not Interested

In addition, Seun I don't like the fact that you are not friendly to nairalanders.. I'm a good observer so I know what I'm saying

** Seun Pls Quote Me After Reading This ** [/b]

45 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by Nobody: 7:33pm On Dec 18, 2014
lanxlot:
seconded On what u said about religion section....I created a thread, it read.....who is Melchizedek as recorded in hebrew 7 vs 1-3.....nt long ago. I had more dan 270 comments Or thereabout amounting up to 7 Or 8 pages.....it didn't see d light of d day On fp. no qualms. i xpeced d for n against, but what amazed me d most is how grounded many pple r On matax pertaining d scripture.
Exactly.

If you visit "Romance section", they end up derailing threads with chit-chatting, woman wrappering, insulting themselves etc. Their active members don't conform to rule number1 and most useless threads on that section still make FP.

Like seriously, I tried being active on that section but I gave up instantly after a week. Only few Orignal Posters make sense before derailers would come and do what they know how to do best.

1 Like

Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by Sharksblow(m): 7:35pm On Dec 18, 2014
jnrbayano:
A few names monopolize the frontpage.
Are they the only good writers or do they have shares in Nairaland?

Mr Seun please spread the frontpage benefactors around.

Thanks.
I wonder, some will write rubbish and it'll make FP. I created a topic last week, a day after someone created a similar thread and made FP. I mailed the mods, till next year they haven't replied.

1 Like

Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by Nobody: 7:37pm On Dec 18, 2014
tosyne2much:
5. I don't like the fact that some untrue stories are moved to the FP.. That is, a cooked up story
Lol. I concur with you.

I have seen some fictictious stories from Education and Romance section make FP, even when it's obvious the story ain't real.

They should go to Literature section and explore their talents. Smh

3 Likes

Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by lanxlot(m): 7:39pm On Dec 18, 2014
oh oh!! My topic has been moved. jux lyk d Only leper who returned to say Tnk u to Jesus wen he got cured......I say.....Tnk u.
Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by Nobody: 7:41pm On Dec 18, 2014
Seun,I also noticed that some nairalanders do create nice and interesting topic based on there research...then the supermods would create same topic within maybe thirty mins and immediately it hits the front page..taking the shine off those who created the topics at first.... embarassed

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by ebosse(m): 7:55pm On Dec 18, 2014
laykorn:
*clears throat*
I don't see any problem with the way the fp is being updated. It should be so, shouldn't it?

My only question is that; what is the right protocol if we want our topics to be on fp?

And what decides if they'll get to fp or not?
Ayamlaykorn

Same thought here... I don't see anything wrong with constantly updating the front page.

I was a fan of this very forum for 3years b4 deciding to be a member. I wouldn't have become a member or even bother to visit the forum with topics like the ones we see these days...how can a topic like "Osoufia & john okafor take selfie" hit the front page?? I feel like The Nairaland moderators are trying to make this forum another Linda Ikeja blog!

Finally, I think every "breaking news" should hit the front page. Apart from that any other topic which should make the front page should either be "An extremely Creative thread" or "an interesting Topic with not less than 7pages and 10 thousand views !!

Oh Yeah! Like some1 above me suggested , we need the "DISLIKE" button... Soooo many silly comments get about "20 likes" giving the wrong impression to the person who posted it... When a comment get 20likes and 124dislikes it will reduce the amount of silly comments drastically!!!!

1 Like

Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by Deiok(m): 7:56pm On Dec 18, 2014
I dont like the way and manner in which the front page is been updated this days. Most topics on the front page is so silly and childish, expecialy those from the romance and entertainment sections.
Pls. Try and limit the numbers of topics that makes it to the front page on a daily basis.
I know its kinda of hard for majority of us to accept because we aint use to seeing these dozens of topics on the fp.

#bringbackTheGloryOfTheFrontpage

1 Like

Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by IamDejman(m): 7:58pm On Dec 18, 2014
The topics are much and only a minority few dominate the front page. Recently, threads that have been on the front page have been created before by ordinary member. Then one super mod would just recreate it and put on the front page. It doesn't make sense

I'm a big follower of Nairaland but recently it's like it's being monopolized. Too much rumors on the front page. May the God that Seun doesn't believe in save Him. angry

Modified: on submitting my post, I saw the *(star) on the Nairaland logo. SMH undecided
Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by vonn(f): 8:06pm On Dec 18, 2014
When Psquare celebrated their birthday and I opened a thread VERY early on that for the fans and well meaning NLers.....mods forgot about celebrites that day. Smh

The thing is, most worthy topics never make it to front page.

Those topics that make it are usually created hours after the 1st thread that would never smell FP.

Quadruplet threads(threads with similar topics) make FP within a week.

Incase they've forgotten, I suggest the mods should go through the list of nairaland nigerian forums again. It would help them remember some forgotten sections.

Vonn

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by chimerase2: 8:16pm On Dec 18, 2014
Mr seun frankly speaking since being a nairalander i hv nt complained for once, pls you hv to caution mrtherealstan i mean whats flavour singing to his dogs and rmd late wife bushy tomb etc doing on fp re they news oriented since you gave dat gave the home page liberty he has been a mess if he posts 20 news to home page is only 2 dat makes sense others will be wizkid selfie with dog, davido spreading money, flavour and dogs and the likes, pls pple re complaining about the guy let him change and the funiest part he doesnt take correction
Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by dre11(m): 8:18pm On Dec 18, 2014
Ghostlady:
Seun,I also noticed that some nairalanders do create nice and interesting topic based on there research...then the supermods would create same topic within maybe thirty mins and immediately it hits the front page..taking the shine off those who created the topics at first.... embarassed

Am with you on that. .....

And the fp is being updated regularly with some having no content expecially that of mrstand(one of your super mod)

Let post created by ur mod and super mod not be moved to fp quickly when it's being created. Let them guage people interest on that topic before being moved to fp

And let explore other sections of the forum for good topic to make the fp

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by dre11(m): 8:25pm On Dec 18, 2014
ebosse:

Same thought here... I don't see anything wrong with constantly updating the front page.

I was a fan of this very forum for 3years b4 deciding to be a member. I wouldn't have become a member or even bother to visit the forum with topics like the once we see these days...how can a topic like "Osoufia & john okafor take selfie" hit the front page?? I feel like The Nairaland moderators are trying to make this forum another Linda Ikeja blog!

Finally, I think every "breaking news" should hit the front page. Apart from that any other topic which should make the front page should either be "An extremely Creative thread" or "an interesting Topic with not less than 7pages and 10 thousand views !!

Oh Yeah! Like some1 above me suggested , we need the "DISLIKE" button... Soooo many silly comments get about "20 likes" giving the wrong impression to the person who posted it... When a comment get 20likes and 124dislikes it will reduce the amount of silly comments drastically!!!!

Thanks for that emboldened part

I made a post about the budget that was taken to the National assembly.... When it was released

Being a breaking news.. .... The moderator did not feel the need to make it a fp news

@Seun

1 Like

Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by vonn(f): 8:32pm On Dec 18, 2014
ebosse:

I was a fan of this very forum for 3years b4 deciding to be a member. I wouldn't have become a member or even bother to visit the forum with topics like the ones we see these days...how can a topic like "Osoufia & john okafor take selfie" hit the front page?? I feel like The Nairaland moderators are trying to make this forum another Linda Ikeja blog!

I love your comment.....
The dislike button is NEEDED too.

3 Likes

Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by JeffreyJamez(m): 8:32pm On Dec 18, 2014
Seun:
This sounds sensible but implementing it as you described will lead to unintended negative consequences, so we have to make some changes.

Can you review all the threads posted today and let me know the ones you consider silly and the ones you consider interesting? Thanks!

Post something interesting and share it with your followers to generate initial traffic. Keep the topic alive by replying the people who post on it.

Is this topic not interesting enough?

https://www.nairaland.com/1855145/hit-not-hit
Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by JeffreyJamez(m): 8:36pm On Dec 18, 2014
ebosse:

I totally agree with the bolded.... nobody would want a dislike on their comments,hence the need to think before commenting

4 Likes

Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by ebosse(m): 8:41pm On Dec 18, 2014
dre11:

Thanks for that emboldened part

I made a post about the budget that was taken to the National assembly.... When it was released

Being a breaking news.. .... The moderator did not feel the need to make it a fp news

Next time put "Tonto Dike" @ the end of the post grin... The mods clearly are fascinated by the fake lifestyles of celebrities.

Meanwhile, pls I've been finding it hard (truthfully, I haven't tried much grin ) to highlight a particular (or set of) lines like u just did... N how do u quote different paragraphs of a post without quoting the entire post
Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by Alexk2(m): 8:46pm On Dec 18, 2014
If the quality of the threads making fp is of high standard in terms of been educative, entertaining, catchy, informative and @ the same time able to pull traffic depending on the targeted audience, then i'll have no problem with the updates.....but to say the truth, the quality of most threads are very poor and shallow.
I personally don't want to see a nairaland that'll bore pple and become uninteresting to open simply because of poor quality.....because of these points, i hereby recommend as follows;

1. The Mods need to take inventry of threads opened within a particular period(as determined by you or supermods) and come out with those that are of top quality.
2. The mods should have a specific no..of threads that'll grace fp in say every 3hrs, 6hrs, 9hrs and in a day.
3. Popularity/sex/political affiliation/religion of a member should not play out on any mods in moving a thread to fp...the criteria should be well stated and thoroughly followed.

.....God bless you..and fellow nairalanders.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by Nuellah: 9:04pm On Dec 18, 2014
Seun, plz caution ur super-mods! D tin is rili getting in2 thr head and dey r abusing oda peoples right! Case Study: IshiLuv! How would someone suffer to research and create a topic and it will trend for hours! IshiLuv will all of a sudden, create same topic n move it to front page! Such tin can weaken someones SPIRIT from creating threads, cos its now as if Front Page is STRICTLY for supermods! It has happnd severally n wen I mentioned it, she deleted my comments!
Caution dem! B4 creatin any topic, dey shld use d search button!

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)

All You Need To Know About Payoneer Prepaid Debit Master Card. / Here Is The New MTN Music Plus Cheat (cancel7d) New Code / Facebook Vs Nairaland: Which Is More Engaging And Addictive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.