Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,336 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:56 AM

Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! - Nairaland / General (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! (8205 Views)

Nairaland.com Front Page Updates Taking Too Long / "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? / Home Page Topic Suggestion Topic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Go Down)

Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by haywire1: 12:58pm On Dec 21, 2014
JECBOSS:

Seun, let me help the guy out! I can count about 10 cases I've personally observed. Just that searching for the links is too tedious. Here are some few examples;

1. First created by ceo4eva and copied by TheRealMrStan
Link A: https://www.nairaland.com/2035616/jonathan-directs-ministers-wear-armed

Link B: https://www.nairaland.com/2035787/100-ex-soldiers-killed-north-east-insurgency

2. First created by Lovelyronke20 and copied by Ishilove
Link A: https://www.nairaland.com/2038774/photos-top-7-popular-nigerians

Link B: https://www.nairaland.com/2038832/seven-popular-nigerians-died-2014

3. First created by alexdellafonte and copied by theRealMrStan
Link A: https://www.nairaland.com/2043594/unease-niger-delta-group-kicks

Link B: https://www.nairaland.com/2043788/niger-delta-group-condemns-tompolos-acquisition#28867382

They are too numerous. It's a tedious job searching for the links. Just caution ur Mods to use d search button before creating a new topic.

Hmmmmmm, busted grin

1 Like

Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by IceDaNemesis(m): 4:50pm On Dec 21, 2014
DickDastardly:
I hate Lalasticala, ishilove and one Drealstan making front page all the time with their topics, while better topics from us all languish in the back page.
Why must all topics now come from this 3guys Discourages hard-working Nairalanders with front page ambition, including yours sincerely!
God go bless you for this particular posts those guys mentioned are the only people that their topics get to fp. And they're irrelevant. Wetin concern us with banky and him brother
Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by ireneony(f): 5:43pm On Dec 21, 2014
IceDaNemesis:
God go bless you for this particular posts those guys mentioned are the only people that their topics get to fp. And they're irrelevant. Wetin concern us with banky and him brother
but if you really watch closely, their topic hardly make front page nowadays unlike before.

make we drop this matter and concentrate for other things
Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by uzolexis(f): 6:39pm On Dec 21, 2014
Honestly too much updates on fp these days it's exhausting. Both relevant n irrelevant topics, this makes it difficult 4 us 2 contribute and the relevant topics suffer 4rm this.

2 Likes

Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by dre11(m): 4:08pm On Dec 22, 2014
•••Just want to know why am banned to make thread on this forum for the past hours.
••`And why can't I lay my complaint to the moderators using the mail the moderator button here because the facilities is not going on this my moniker.
••••And if am being ban or punished....... I expect to have being notify what my offense are by mail when I try to used the mail mod support.

cc:
Seun
Lalasticala
Ishilove

3 Likes

Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by blesoh(f): 9:05am On Dec 23, 2014
All i see is lalastical nd one oda guy topics making fp infact its all abt celebrity and 10 types of this and that.
Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by blesoh(f): 9:29am On Dec 23, 2014
Proffdada:
that's why I stay off the site nowadays
me too.
Smone will copy from linda ikeji nd post it here gbam it makes fp.infact nairaland now i check once a day cos u wont see smth interesting,only 10 types of ds nd wizkid,davido,did ds n dat.

1 Like

Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by Proffdada: 12:46am On Dec 24, 2014
blesoh:

me too.
Smone will copy from linda ikeji nd post it here gbam it makes fp.infact nairaland now i check once a day cos u wont see smth interesting,only 10 types of ds nd wizkid,davido,did ds n dat.
u 4got to mention Tonto dike grin

1 Like

Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by Macelliot(m): 1:20pm On Dec 24, 2014
FrancisTony:
Seun,

My problem is that I'll create an interesting thread, it would never make FP.
Your supermods only push their own, and most useless "Romance section" topics e.g

- Nairalanders with pink lips.
- Prettiest Nairalanders.
-Virgin this, Virgin that.
- My gf did this and that.
- WTF

Religion section topics hardly make FP except when a dry topic is being created by supermod. No wonder moral decadence is prevalent in our society.

Religion section threads generate lot of pages in an argument and that's how a traffic would be generated not some crap threads. Smh
I hail thee....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by Nobody: 1:51pm On Dec 24, 2014
Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by tomiobj(m): 6:58am On Dec 25, 2014
Seun:
Dear Nairalanders,

What do you think about the recent changes we've made to the way that we update the home page?

What do you love, what do you hate, and what questions and suggestions do you have for us?

Thanks!
the front page of a forum is used to judge the whole forum. So the quality of posts there should be good
You can create a recommend button so userss. Can. Select the a topic that should make fp
Most people complain about the imbalance of the section that the topics come from. (by saying d topics are irrelevant). This can be fixed by implementing a settings feature that selects the section fp topics come from (sso it's customised). Every user has a custom fp that suits his/her taste

2 Likes

Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by ttime(m): 6:31pm On Dec 27, 2014
Pls help a brother... Startin a laptop importation buss... Challenge is shipping. Hw do I ship from America 2 naija?... Already tried myus, graphcard, etc.. And wasted lots of money on buying e-books. Need a reliable info sir. Pls help...pls reply soonest. My e-mail is tosmattym@gmail.com.
Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by donbrowser(m): 7:08pm On Dec 27, 2014
FrancisTony:
Seun,

My problem is that I'll create an interesting thread, it would never make FP.
Your supermods only push their own, and most useless "Romance section" topics e.g

- Nairalanders with pink lips.
- Prettiest Nairalanders.
-Virgin this, Virgin that.
- My gf did this and that.
- WTF

Religion section topics hardly make FP except when a dry topic is being created by supermod. No wonder moral decadence is prevalent in our society.

Religion section threads generate lot of pages in an argument and that's how a traffic would be generated not some crap threads. Smh
And they expect you to make reasonable or sensible comments on such posts and when you go there to "spice things up" with funny comments, you get banned for "booking space" SMH
Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by tpia003: 8:41pm On Dec 27, 2014
I'm not sure why a thread titled "hilarious confessions of a fat housewife" was considered frontpage material.

I thought hate speech is against the rules?

And the so called "joke" was not even about a housewife?

If you're going to make fart jokes, at least they should be funny?
Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by ayomidearo(m): 7:45pm On Dec 28, 2014
Seun:
Dear Nairalanders,

What do you think about the recent changes we've made to the way that we update the home page?

What do you love, what do you hate, and what questions and suggestions do you have for us?

Thanks!
uncle seun... Its been long
Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by Seun(m): 8:22pm On Dec 28, 2014
Thanks for your feedback. We do listen to what you say, but also put a high priority how you behave e.g. which type of threads you actually visit.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)

Here Is The New MTN Music Plus Cheat (cancel7d) New Code / Facebook Vs Nairaland: Which Is More Engaging And Addictive? / Where Will You Be On New Year's Eve?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.