Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,340 members, 7,811,986 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:49 AM

Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! (8206 Views)

Nairaland.com Front Page Updates Taking Too Long / "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? / Home Page Topic Suggestion Topic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Go Down)

Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by Maccoy1(m): 9:12pm On Dec 18, 2014
Some interesting topics. that have been neglected at the back page should be moved to front page..i hardly see any topic from education nd poem making front page
Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by Isiterere(m): 9:23pm On Dec 18, 2014

I wonder how the topic concerning Maupe of channels TV find its way to front page.

There should be stipulated numbers of topic that should graced front page per mod daily. This will aid creativity and competition among the mod. Mod that is fond of posting unworthy topic should be relieved of his position.

ALL IZZ WELL.

Ebubeslym:

the home page resembles livescore. com homepage...

and the topics hitting front-page these days are not all worthy of front-page

for example

a commissioner not visiting his wife's grave bla bla bla

is this news??
Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by Nobody: 9:46pm On Dec 18, 2014
Mr seun some sections in your forum have being forgotten.

For the past 6months, I haven't seen any topic from the Webmaster section, programming section, car talk section, autos section, science/tech section, career section and other sections not listed make the Front page of your forum.

For crying the fvck out loud, this is a forum and not some entertainment/politics blog for Nigerian celebs and k-legged politicians.

Seun, tons of stupid topics makes your front page anyhow.
Check well, your forum is now all about pictureeeees.

What's this?

https://www.nairaland.com/2051127/compare-look-pastor-david-oyedepo

WTF is this?

https://www.nairaland.com/2050967/grandmas-love-pic

Are you shiiting me?

https://www.nairaland.com/2050685/nigeria-blessed-culture-some-beautiful

Pictures Pictures Useless pictures everywhere

https://www.nairaland.com/2051283/photos-olamide-when-he-still

https://www.nairaland.com/2051158/epic-photo-day-buhari-obasanjo

https://www.nairaland.com/2051081/richard-mofe-damijo-abandons-late-wifes

Seun you created this forum to add value to peoples live that I know before.... But now, it seems you're after the money and traffic.

I didn't say that oooooo!

On the 17th of this month, more than 30topics hit your front page lols.

Lalasticlacla started as a humble servant.... But got corrupted by MR Stan hahaha.
I know you pay those dudes seun. Its a secret right?

Check well, Mr Stan and lalasticlacla topics only ends in page (2).

Haha this shows their thread don't add any value to peoples lives.

Seun your webmaster / phones section is dyingggg.

Slyrox your mod in that section is very lazzzy an not creative... Check he's last seen.

Some people in that section don't even know he exist.

I must confess , your romance section is one of the most interesting section in this forum. They're wonderful peeps there.
Your romance section have replaced your joke section.

Do u still remember there's a joke section in this forum? That section is dead... We need some laughter after a sad and hectic day at work.
Joke heals depression ask AY or Ago Die

grin

seun caution Mr stand and Mr lalasticlacla.

What's this?

https://www.nairaland.com/2051075/see-latest-bb-charger-photo

seun just sit and imaging the kind of traffic you'd loose if Linda ikeji decide to create a general forum tomorrow

Be afraid of her, she's your competitor.
Tell your Boys lala and stand to stop stealing her topic.... It makes it look as if her blog is more superior to your forum.

seun, they should be a button beside every topic for recommendation of front page excluding the politics (news) section.... For we need to know what's happening in our country and the world every sec, min and hour he he he ... At least 50-100 recommendations should transport the topic to front page.

seun Nairaland is run by its members not uuuuuu.

You're just the caretaker and the founder.

Look into this matter for it determines the future of your beloved program.

33 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by cheatmastergerr(m): 9:50pm On Dec 18, 2014
Useful posts don't make it to the front page. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by SuperModerator: 10:00pm On Dec 18, 2014
cheatmastergerr:
Useful posts don't make it to the front page. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
u sent an email to me, I don't have access to my emails because I have lost the password... so I didn't get your message

1 Like

Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by Ymodulus: 10:04pm On Dec 18, 2014
Dear Seun,

I am happy you created this thread. It goes to change that notion I always had, that you never like change or opinion from people or won't put them to use. While I patiently and meticulously read all post on this thread, I couldn't agree any further with the following

1. Tosyne2much's Review ( www.nairaland.com/2051235/home-page-updates-need-feedback/1#29002009 )

2. Ishi.Luv
While I have never had a problem with her or chat with her personally on any thread, Sir I have to say that I have noticed ishi.luv attitude of creating a similar topic somebody created hours ago, now she pushes here's to front page and either closes the first created post or nothing is done about it.
Sir this is not good, as it kills morale. Some people browse other site compile article or come up with write up only for a mod to not encourage such individual.

3. Quality Content:

Recently I saw interesting post in the Religious section that are front Page worthy, but they were not pushed to the front page. Rather some irrelevant post makes the front page. Too many irrelevant celebrity news.

Also sir I think you have neglected this two sections Business and Investment.

4. Frequency of Update / No of Post

The rate the topic are been updated are just too fast. Every 2 minutes you get the star on the nairaland home link. Ask your mod to give little interval.
Also control the no of posts.

Before I was against the high no of post on front page. But from my recent findings, I have noticed that at night from 7-10 your online members are higher than what it use to be with high number on front page. Recall that mist users / guest read only front page topic and go to sleep. I have gotten used to the big no of post update but please control the frequency. Let a topic mature a little. Before others are been posted.

#****#

Please control all those space bookers. I have to be honest with you with the high rate of front page topics. Some users just want to comment on the front page and they type rubbish. Now many of us love nairaland not because of the topic but because of the comments from users and since the high frequency of front page update, a thread barely exceeds 2 page. Now PAGE 0 is always filled up with useless comments by some group called the SPACE BOOKERS ASSOCIATION. Please control their comments.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by Djicemob: 10:07pm On Dec 18, 2014
[b]CC:Seun

1.I thought you employed these supermods to move worthy threads of NL members to the homepage? Why has the HP become almost exclusively for the mods and their silly topics? This is a forum not a blog where posting topics is for the admin(s) alone right?

2.There are several sections in this forum eg.Education,investmest,family,auto,webmaster,jokes,business,education,religion,culture section etc,right? Why do only topics from romance,politics and celebrities make it to the homepage?

3.The lindaikeji and lailaikeji syndrome must stop,its almost as if the new supermods are alternate monikers of the above mentioned names with all their copy and paste from these blogs,if they don't have topics to post why not relax? i mean,there are alot of interesting topics languishing in dark places in the forum.

4.The work of these supermods are supposed to be deciding which topic makes frontpage,submitted to you for final review and approval right? Everybody must earn a right to the homepage,even the supermods.These peeps should learn from obinoscopy,he doesn't create silly threads and he rarely makes homepage but yet an influential member of the forum.

5.There should be limits to topics that makes homepage as everyone has rightly said.Topics needs to be digested and exhausted to their elastic limits before having new ones,atleast to solve the problem of the spacebookers and peeps with senseless comments just to be on the firstpage...and quality should be taken seriously.

Thanks.[/b]

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by tosyne2much(m): 10:10pm On Dec 18, 2014
jboy73 what a wonderful comment you have made

** thumbs up **
Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by joesparkle: 10:14pm On Dec 18, 2014
Seun:
Dear Nairalanders,

What do you think about the recent changes we've made to the way that we update the home page?

What do you love, what do you hate, and what questions and suggestions do you have for us?

Thanks!
hi mr seun, I have an advertising concern I would like to discuss with you on behalf of the organisation I work for, I have exhausted all avenue to contact you, which is why I am using this medium. Please mail me on Nicolas@wavehospitality.org, I will only take a few minute of your time. Thank you and looking forward to hearing from you.
Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by Nobody: 10:16pm On Dec 18, 2014
tosyne2much:
jboy73 what a wonderful comment you have made

** thumbs up **

He he from a the genius himself.

Hoho
Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by Nobody: 10:16pm On Dec 18, 2014
I didnt want to comment but I changed my mind

Seun, I have been an active nairaland user for a long time.
This is a forum and not a blog.
I have a problem with the fact that your mods just copy and paste anything from linda ikeji.
Linda ikeji gets exclusive contents because she pays attention to her readers.

I believe nairand has a bigger reading base than linda ikeja. Why arent we getting exclusive contents? This is a forum with over 1million users and millions of anonymous readers yet mpst of our contents are gotten from popular blogs.

Something is wrong somewhere bro.
I really cant type much here but if u would like us to rub minds together, please email me.
Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by tosyne2much(m): 10:21pm On Dec 18, 2014
Seun I remember I have to slot in this

The main duty of moderators is not only to place ban or delete unwanted threads. When a thread hits FP, it should be given proper monitoring.. The moderators should hide any dumb comment contained in the first page such as "k', space booking, how does this affect the price of garri and many more rubbish too lazy to type

2 Likes

Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by tosyne2much(m): 10:26pm On Dec 18, 2014
jboy73:

He he from a genius himself.

Hoho
stop over hyping me Jboy
Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by MizMyColi(f): 10:28pm On Dec 18, 2014
tosyne2much:

In addition, Seun I don't like the fact that you are not friendly to nairalanders.. I'm a good observer so I know what I'm saying
smiley
Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by Nobody: 10:29pm On Dec 18, 2014
tosyne2much:
stop over hyping me Jboy

I called u a genius.

I didn't call u a king or a god.

I don't overhyp humans.

I think you're a genius because you reason very fast.

All your threads are interesting.
Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by tosyne2much(m): 10:35pm On Dec 18, 2014
MizMyColi:

smiley
you shouldn't be surprised na

The main gift I keep thanking God for is ability to reason fast and understand people quickly

** so I know what I'm saying **
Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by HARDDON: 10:37pm On Dec 18, 2014
To summarise all said:

1) FP topics should be acutely streamlined to d best n intervals shld be given b4 a new one is pushed unless ofcos breaking news

2) mods shld stop customizing FP like itz a private ppt n stop pilfering .

3) all sections shld be well represented.

Warm Regards

1 Like

Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by tosyne2much(m): 10:38pm On Dec 18, 2014
jboy73:

I think you're a genius because you reason very fast.

All your threads are interesting.

Thanks bro.. I'm humbled
Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by MizMyColi(f): 10:44pm On Dec 18, 2014
tosyne2much:
you shouldn't be surprised na

The main gift I keep thanking God for is ability to reason fast and understand people quickly

** so I know what I'm saying **

smiley
I wasn't surprised.

That was a smile emoji. A way of saying "I concurr to that part of your post" --- inter alia.
wink

1 Like

Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by thankyouJesus(m): 10:44pm On Dec 18, 2014
cc Seun.
I will give two suggestions first.
1. Create a recommend link where a thread will automatically be recommended to a mod after gathering a specific recommendations.
2. For every week or month, either section by sections or you can based it on frontpage thread depending on your choice, we can have the best/top 10 threads for the week/month based on sections/frontpage-thread.
I still have more suggestions but . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . I love seeing my ideas being impleted because it gives me some form of satisfaction.
Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by Nobody: 10:45pm On Dec 18, 2014
You don"t put up voting threads no more, thats my only P. The RealMrStan too. the way his threads hits Fp makes me jealous.
Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by born2fuckpussy: 10:46pm On Dec 18, 2014
otiigba1:
why is it that when you we choose a user name we are stuck with?, we would like to change user names if we thought its boring or inapropriate, some of the name on here are really appaulling like "born2fuck" to sweetpenis" i mean they are really inapropriate angry
wetin born2fuck do una again ooo.which kind Yeye tins bi dis?
Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by tosyne2much(m): 10:52pm On Dec 18, 2014
I think you have to consider this Seun.. Let every nairalander also be a decider of FP threads to some extent

You need to create a " Recommend For Frontpage" button.. Just as we have Like, Share, Report and Quote

When you read a thread and you find it sensible, you should click the the "Recommend for FP button ". The number of "Recommend for FP on a thread" should also be a criteria for moving threads to FP

** Seun you seems to have been ignoring my comments **

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by Ishilove: 11:01pm On Dec 18, 2014
tosyne2much:
Seun I remember I have to slot in this

The main duty of moderators is not only to place ban or delete unwanted threads. When a thread hits FP, it should be given proper monitoring.. The moderators should to hide any dumb comment contained in the first page such as "k', space booking, how does this affect the price of garri and many more rubbish too lazy to type
We are doing our best in this area, and with help from other nairalanders, we cann reduce this trend to the barest minimum. All these spacebooking nonsense reduces the quality of a thread and discourages serious posters from commenting.

Just click on the 'report' button anywhere you see a 'spacebook' post and we will handle the rest.

1 Like

Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by LaurelP(m): 11:03pm On Dec 18, 2014
Pls Seun its not compulsory dat every topic with pictures must hit fp. Even ones with only one crappy pix and a one liner, just becos its a celeb. And most times these are pics we've seen over a million times online.

D summary is dat we've seen enuf of celebrity topics. We need diversification and self improvement topics on d fp. While dis may nt bring too much traffic, it will definitely pay off in d long run. For instance, d Career section has been starved of d fp for a long time, likewise d education and business sections.
Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by Nobody: 11:06pm On Dec 18, 2014
FP has become bad! damn I miss d old nairaland.. I don't feel that rush of excitement whenever I want to log in to nairaland anymore..cos I know I'll see a lot of crap

Imagine a moderator posting this topic on the front page: "RMD abandons late wife grave, overgrown with weeds". Seun this is just ridiculous!
Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by Cwaya(m): 11:17pm On Dec 18, 2014

The awkward side of it have being listed by Nairalanders.
Oga boss, Seun, just go through them and do the necessary.

My Recommendation:
-The frontpage should be left busy as it is thiz dayz, but it should be shuffled. Not every topic made by Mr. Lalstic lala and the rest of mod should hit the frontpage. interesting/educative Topics should be picked from amost all sections . Left for me, no mod topic should be posted to FP by himself/herself.
Mods are suppose to supervise the topics and post not busy looking for irrelevant topics to post and push to FP.
-We are tired of everyday posts from politics and celebrity topics on frontpage . Two or three from each section is enough. E:G ; Tonto dike dey make frontpage like say naim papa follow build nairaland. O gaan !!

I think i made some points oo

Daalu !!

#LongliveNairaland

2 Likes

Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by Nobody: 11:24pm On Dec 18, 2014
*Also Seun I think too much focus is placed on celebrity and romance section. let there be a balance in picking WORTHY front page topics from NECESSARY sections.

*I also seem to notice that almost all topics from ur new super moderators make the front page (I may be wrong they may not be moderators afterall, is there even a means of knowing who is a moderator on NL?). While although they might av the liberty to do that..its not really good cos most of their topics are piece of rubbish..No offense.

I remember when mukina was still very much active than now, most of her topics made front page but we could hardly fault hers cos she creates very sensible topics.

datalossvictim1:
Seun a friend said to tell you that your front page is very jam packed! apparently you should create spaces between each topic heading so that individuals can easily click on them. I concurred smiley
yes you av a good point. topics should be demarcated from each other... using space or anything nice and catchy
Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by timpaker(m): 11:25pm On Dec 18, 2014
Nairaland is becoming more of Instagram.... (It is cool though in an awkward way)

1 Like

Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by vonn(f): 11:46pm On Dec 18, 2014
Maccoy1:
Some interesting topics. that have been neglected at the back page should be moved to front page..i hardly see any topic from education nd poem making front page
I dont even know if poem has ever made FP
Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by doskie(m): 11:53pm On Dec 18, 2014
jboy73:
Mr seun some sections in your forum have being forgotten.

For the past 6months, I haven't seen any topic from the Webmaster section, programming section, car talk section, autos section, science/tech section, career section and other sections not listed make the Front page of your forum.

For crying the fvck out loud, this is a forum and not some entertainment/politics blog for Nigerian celebs and k-legged politicians.

Seun, tons of stupid topics makes your front page anyhow.
Check well, your forum is now all about pictureeeees.

What's this?

https://www.nairaland.com/2051127/compare-look-pastor-david-oyedepo

WTF is this?

https://www.nairaland.com/2050967/grandmas-love-pic

Are you shiiting me?

https://www.nairaland.com/2050685/nigeria-blessed-culture-some-beautiful

Pictures Pictures Useless pictures everywhere

https://www.nairaland.com/2051283/photos-olamide-when-he-still

https://www.nairaland.com/2051158/epic-photo-day-buhari-obasanjo

https://www.nairaland.com/2051081/richard-mofe-damijo-abandons-late-wifes

Seun you created this forum to add value to peoples live that I know before.... But now, it seems you're after the money and traffic.

[b[ I didn't say that oooooo! [/b]

On the 17th of this month, more than 30topics hit your front page lols.

Lalasticlacla started as a humble servant.... But got corrupted by MR Stan hahaha.
I know you pay those dudes seun. Its a secret right?

Check well, Mr Stan and lalasticlacla topics only ends in page (2).

Haha this shows their thread don't add any value to peoples lives.

Seun your webmaster / phones section is dyingggg.

Slyrox your mod in that section is very lazzzy an not creative... Check he's last seen.

Some people in that section don't even know he exist.

I must confess , your romance section is one of the most interesting section in this forum. They're wonderful peeps there.
Your romance section have replaced your joke section.

Do u still remember there's a joke section in this forum? That section is dead... We need some laughter after a sad and hectic day at work.
Joke heals depression ask AY or Ago Die

grin

seun caution Mr stand and Mr lalasticlacla.

What's this?

https://www.nairaland.com/2051075/see-latest-bb-charger-photo
exactly.
stuupid nl.
im out
Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by Nobody: 12:00am On Dec 19, 2014
Ishilove:

We are doing our best in this area, and with help from other nairalanders, we cann reduce this trend to the barest minimum. All these spacebooking nonsense reduces the quality of a thread and discourages serious posters from commenting.

Just click on the 'report' button anywhere you see a 'spacebook' post and we will handle the rest.
hmm smart lady! u can easily reply that post shey? a lot of pple on this thread av accused u of creating new topics by copying an already existing thread created by someone else.. u did not quote those people to give them an answer on why u do dat? guilty as charged huh? well like u said above, you're doing ur best in this area too (area of copying), should we also click on the 'report' button anywhere we see a copied topic by you? (well those are ur words above not mine) tongue

next step: hide my comment. I will repost it again grin

17 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)

Here Is The New MTN Music Plus Cheat (cancel7d) New Code / Facebook Vs Nairaland: Which Is More Engaging And Addictive? / Where Will You Be On New Year's Eve?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.