Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,312 members, 7,819,059 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:45 AM

Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! (8218 Views)

Nairaland.com Front Page Updates Taking Too Long / "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? / Home Page Topic Suggestion Topic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Go Down)

Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by D9ty7(m): 12:02am On Dec 19, 2014
Seun, am glad a thread like this is around here. I have nothing to say about the topic because all has been said, but I will like to say this.
The supermods see the position as being a few steps away from becoming the president of Nigeria. Please tell them they are far from it.
One of the mods abi na supermods, created a thread on 18th of september 2014 when he was a nobody, I mean when he was a Nairalander like every other person. I don't know when he became a supermod, but believe me, the thread made frontpage yesterday. Its not like the thread attracted traffic like you said in your post, about 20posts and 100+ views, but it was pushed to the frontpage yesterday.
Guess what the topic is all about, something like celebrities who are friends but have fallen out with one another. You can just imagine.
Talk to them, they shouldn't misuse the power given to them. Nairaland was not like this a few months ago, but it seemed you changed the supermods and employed people who only want to register their names as being popular with useless threads.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by Nobody: 12:05am On Dec 19, 2014
doskie:
exactly.
stuupid nl.
im out

Hohoho.
Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by Promking: 12:12am On Dec 19, 2014
Mr Seun, everyone above me has said it all....

As for me, what i need, even begging is for you to create a 'DISLIKE' button...even if you place it in a beta state. The button is very powerful as it would help reflect people's opinion on a topic (original poster).

I like the way topics are pumped into FP...its really engaging but it becomes annoying when you have a silly threads hitting frontpage. Eg

https://www.nairaland.com/2051127/compare-look-pastor-david-oyedepo

https://www.nairaland.com/2050967/grandmas-love-pic

https://www.nairaland.com/2051076/how-eat-meat-public

https://www.nairaland.com/2051081/richard-mofe-damijo-abandons-late-wifes

https://www.nairaland.com/2050637/empress-njamah-wizkid-girlfriend-tania

https://www.nairaland.com/2050557/how-tell-girl-guy-virgin

https://www.nairaland.com/2050506/mikel-obi-shares-adorable-photos

also there was a thread about a selfie from mr ibu and some other people

and a thread about a woman on channels tv that didnt put on bra....i was like wtf is this doing on fp

Etc...

I wouldn't hesitate to hit a dis-like button for these threads

Also, it would prevent all those long bashing and insult between members, a simple dislike would be enough to express your feeling about a post

In addition, a ''Recommend'' button beside the (Go down) button would really be a great idea. As this would allow readers to recommend a topic for FP and also assist a MOD in selecting which topic hits frontpage

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by ireneony(f): 12:38am On Dec 19, 2014
i will start by saying that some of your mods are bias when handling issues, just yesterday at about 12:01am i was banned by a mod in romance section. someone insulted me just because i responded i was giving a ban, to my surptise the person in question was not ban, when things like this happens i call it bias.

i also want to add, the kind of topic that makes fp is not net worthy, these are my reasons:
1.most of the topics that made fp are always about APC
2.why is it very difficult for food section to make front page. it's one of the reason i joined nairaland
3. i have noticed certain set of persons make fp, nairaland is suppose to be about nairalander but not for some persons that are self centre that only think about themselves.
4.unnecessary and unwarrant ban should cease cos some mods just hate some peeps for no reason and whenever the person made a little mistake , he/she will be sentence to thy kingdom come.

cc seun

2 Likes

Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by Fabdedon(m): 12:57am On Dec 19, 2014
i have nothing much to say..
Nowahdays i dont click some topics..cos i know its wount add any value to my life..!!
last few days i wasnt very active.. So do check on NairaLand to update my self..
Clicked on my bookmark..
Scaned frontpage.. Seived the unwanted topics and read the necessary ones..
You ignored this point before..
Make a time table..for some paticular section..not that other sections would not fall in but..it will make u reach every sections...
.for those complaining of their topics not frontpaged..i think you should mail the supermod..it worked for me!! They moved it not less than five minutes when they found it worthy..
Should i say they are to busy to reach every section and move to FP but you showing them worthy FP material they will check if it worthy and do something about it..
Boda seun i am happy you seek suggestions to repair the loop holes..!!
grin
Modified..i dont support d dislike and recommend button let them learn to Mail the mods and let d mods too learn to reply us too ..Thank You...i think the best supermod is Obinoscopy.. grin

1 Like

Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by Nobody: 1:00am On Dec 19, 2014
and for the love of everything good! why d hell is this topic on FP? https://www.nairaland.com/2050324/ibinabo-fiberesema-stuns-new-look : who freaking cares about her new look for goodness sake?

https://www.nairaland.com/2049432/ghanaian-sexiest-actress-juliet-ibrahim : ust look at another bullshit on front page..is this a special news? how does d relationship btw two actress make an interesting read? even a blog would not post this crap I swear!
See, we're not even against celebrity topics, (at least its a section of nairaland too)..but we're so against some of this foolish topics hitting d front page.. I'm sure there are some interesting and meaningful celebrity topics that are front page worthy not all these constant mumu topics about tonto dike and tiwa savage or topics asking us who rocked which outfit better! sweet goodness?!

https://www.nairaland.com/2049108/nairalanders-prettiest-faces
https://www.nairaland.com/2049732/nairalanders-most-handsome-faces
now look at this mugu thread, if I remember quite clearly we just had a miss nairaland/Mr nairaland thread which was quite an interesting topic I must say, we get to see the pretty/handsome faces of nairalanders.. Now my question is this, wat purpose is the above thread going to serve that the Mr/miss nairaland thread didn't serve? this is just a boring repitition of topics and to make matters worse, a mod pushed it to front page!

seun, there are so many examples I could give but don't let me bore u..the topics alone are boring enough undecided

mehn I'm weak!

2 Likes

Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by haywire1: 1:18am On Dec 19, 2014
Guyz I think it's best we hit d nail hard, we need a way to directly report ur mods to u Mr. Seun, I believe if an employed worker is pulling a company backward, best thing is to fire/sack d worker.
Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by ireneony(f): 1:24am On Dec 19, 2014
booqee:
and for the love of everything good! why d hell is this topic on FP? https://www.nairaland.com/2050324/ibinabo-fiberesema-stuns-new-look : who freaking cares about her new look for goodness sake?

https://www.nairaland.com/2049432/ghanaian-sexiest-actress-juliet-ibrahim : ust look at another bullshit on front page..is this a special news? how does d relationship btw two actress make an interesting read? even a blog would not post this crap I swear!
See, we're not even against celebrity topics, (at least its a section of nairaland too)..but we're so against some of this foolish topics hitting d front page.. I'm sure there are some interesting and meaningful celebrity topics that are front page worthy not all these constant mumu topics about tonto dike and tiwa savage or topics asking us who rocked which outfit better! sweet goodness?!

https://www.nairaland.com/2049108/nairalanders-prettiest-faces
https://www.nairaland.com/2049732/nairalanders-most-handsome-faces
now look at this mugu thread, if I remember quite clearly we just had a miss nairaland/Mr nairaland thread which was quite an interesting topic I must say, we get to see the pretty/handsome faces of nairalanders.. Now my question is this, wat purpose is the above thread going to serve that the Mr/miss nairaland thread didn't serve? this is just a boring repitition of topics and to make matters worse, a mod pushed it to front page!

seun, there are so many examples I could give but don't let me bore u..the topics alone are boring enough undecided

mehn I'm weak!
gbam! the most annoying one is pretty face and handsome face of nairalande, i call it child's play
Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by Nobody: 1:27am On Dec 19, 2014
Fabdedon:
Thank You...i think the best supermod is
Obinoscopy..
I agree. its definitely obinoscopy!

3 Likes

Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by Ymodulus: 6:36am On Dec 19, 2014
booqee:
I agree. its definitely obinoscopy!

No one argues that. And ma'am I must salute your courage to talk to ishi.Love, I knew she has a history of banning members that tries to correct her. But you weren't scared
Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by clevvermind(m): 7:47am On Dec 19, 2014
Topics like photos of wizkid and his girlfriend, tonto dike in the toilet(photos), photos of genevive in the beach etc. photos, photos and photos. What is my business with those photos? What will it add to my life? The only thing it does is to consume my mb yet i dnt learn anything from it. Topics like that should be reduced to like two or three per day. More interesting topics should grace the front page.

Too many irrelevant topics are what i see on the front page. Nairaland is not only about politics, romance and celebrities. What happened to topics from the religion, education, health, joke sections etc.

At least 2 topics from all the sections should be on the front page per day. Not those photos of this and photos of that, that we see everyday.

Another thing is that, must a moderator create a topic on nairaland? Why can't they just forget about creating threads and mind their work. If they must do, let them reduce it to like one or two per day, and nt every thread they create should grace the front page.

I have many things to say but i'm tired of typing. Thanks to oga seun and all the mods working with him.

1 Like

Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by clevvermind(m): 8:15am On Dec 19, 2014
FrancisTony:

Exactly.

If you visit "Romance section", they end up derailing threads with chit-chatting, woman wrappering, insulting themselves etc. Their active members don't conform to rule number1 and most useless threads on that section still make FP.

Like seriously, I tried being active on that section but I gave up instantly after a week. Only few Orignal Posters make sense before derailers would come and do what they know how to do best.
i like reading comments from the religion section atimes. People in that section are more mature and sensitive than the romance and celebrity section that many behaves like kids. Maybe i would come to join you people in that religious section.

1 Like

Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by kosovo(m): 8:40am On Dec 19, 2014
The new idea does make sense..

But there is much that still needs to be done..
Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by Firefire(m): 8:55am On Dec 19, 2014
Dear Seun,

Well done to you and your team for constantly improving the forum and exploring new ideas.

Please consider all the relevant opinions of posters before me and after me.

But I have one question please; why are some MOD's violating Rule 14. which state "Please search the forum before creating a new thread on Nairaland". ?

Thank you in advance for your feedback.

Peace!

3 Likes

Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by ireneony(f): 9:25am On Dec 19, 2014
clevvermind:
Topics like photos of wizkid and his girlfriend, tonto dike in the toilet(photos), photos of genevive in the beach etc. photos, photos and photos. What is my business with those photos? What will it add to my life? The only thing it does is to consume my mb yet i dnt learn anything from it. Topics like that should be reduced to like two or three per day. More interesting topics should grace the front page.

Too many irrelevant topics are what i see on the front page. Nairaland is not only about politics, romance and celebrities. What happened to topics from the religion, education, health, joke sections etc.

At least 2 topics from all the sections should be on the front page per day. Not those photos of this and photos of that, that we see everyday.

Another thing is that, must a moderator create a topic on nairaland? Why can't they just forget about creating threads and mind their work. If they must do, let them reduce it to like one or two per day, and nt every thread they create should grace the front page.

I have many things to say but i'm tired of typing. Thanks to oga seun and all the mods working with him.

u are right especially at the area where a mod topic must make FP, even when the topic is not front page worthy.
Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by Nobody: 9:59am On Dec 19, 2014
ireneony:
i will start by saying that some of your mods are bias when handling issues,
see my sister, what u just said has happened on this thread. because I spoke the truth to ishilov she has hidden my comment!

Ymodulus:

No one argues that. And ma'am I must salute your courage to talk to ishi.Love, I knew she has a history of banning members that tries to correct her. But you weren't scared
she has hidden my comment! they hate to hear d truth!

1 Like

Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by hayoakins(m): 10:05am On Dec 19, 2014
I like the way the frontpage is been updated. I am a busy bee and got no time to visit several sections but the frontpage and to attend to those that need my words in Career section.

However, having the frontpage updated very early in the morning and constantly during the day is indeed a great development as over the past few weeks, Nairaland has been my first point of call to check for breaking news.

Just like we need to discuss serious and penitent issues on the frontpage, we also need the Tonto dike and the likes public stunt, all work and no play... grin but the not too serious threads should not overwhelm the core ones, you may want to adopt 7:3 or 6:4 ratio.

Kudos to Seun and the Mods wink

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by clevvermind(m): 10:05am On Dec 19, 2014
ireneony:
u are right especially at the area where a mod topic must make FP, even when the topic is not front page worthy.
i tire o.
Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by Eneze1(f): 10:35am On Dec 19, 2014
Seun posters above me have said it all but lastly can we get a dislike button?
Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by Nobody: 10:39am On Dec 19, 2014
I want to commend you(Seun) for taking the time out to seek for suggestions, recommendations and solutions on how "we" can make this great forum grow bigger and be the best. It is a welcome development because , I have observed that this forum has a large followership and readership not only in Nigeria or Africa but the world, a case in study is the threads were people were originally guest and joined as a result of the value the thread has added to them, why? Because they made front page.

Sir, they say the customers are "ALWAYS RIGHT" and they are "KINGS" but I have observed that your moderators, supermoderators and even you-Seun(the case with you and Ms. Steph) have always ignored your customers of which am sure you have decided to feel the pulse of your customers to ascertain how Nairaland have been doing.
Do any of your mods or supermoderators read any of the rules? If no, please let them read it because I have observed they break the rules more than we the forumite.
You and I know that Nairaland is not a blog but a "forum" and sensible topics, topics that would add value, topics that has quality and contents should always be moved to the front page. The only way you can beat competition is by staying true to what you have been doing with ideas and innovations, ask channels why they are the best TV station for the tenth time.
I could go on and on but am constrained by time.

1 Like

Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by Nobody: 11:44am On Dec 19, 2014
Seun, i learnt somewhere that you were offered N150m to sell nairaland but you turned it down. Is nairaland that much rich? And why are we not sharing the money all together cos we're the ones keeping the forum alive?
Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by Nobody: 1:26pm On Dec 19, 2014
I want a way to be able to know who liked your comment or pictures. Just seeing likes and dunno from where. How does one know if it's a spirit or goat that liked one's pic? Attend to that fast or I do you what you won't like.

1 Like

Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by daveP(m): 3:14pm On Dec 19, 2014
tosyne2much:
you shouldn't be surprised na

The main gift I keep thanking God for is ability to reason fast and understand people quickly

** so I know what I'm saying **
(jots a thing or two)

T2M has spoken!
#observing

meanwhile i humbly suggest every section should get a weekly ration. E.g this section takes 50% of FP for the day and the remaining share the other half. Another section can have major ration the next day and the following till there's a balance.

Besides knowing the criteria for Fp would groom potential OPs

but some rules above will make this place too serious o.

1 Like

Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by tosyne2much(m): 3:22pm On Dec 19, 2014
daveP:
(jots a thing or two)

T2M has spoken!
#observing

meanwhile i humbly suggest every section should get a weekly ration. E.g this section takes 50% of FP for the day and the remaining share the other half. Another section can have major ration the next day and the following till there's a balance.

Besides knowing the criteria for Fp would groom potential OPs

but some rules above will this place too serious o.
God bless you parley
Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by Rapmoney(m): 4:13pm On Dec 19, 2014
tosyne2much:
[b] Seun, my observations goes thus

1. I don't like the fact that FP is centred on only two nairalanders even when their topics sometimes seem to be poo (partiality shouldn't be encouraged)

2. The front page is too jam-packed.. The super moderators should let one topic digest b4 moving another one

3. Ridiculous topics seems to be making FP lately. FP is the interface of the forum which people will use to judge the entire forum, therefore, you have to move sensitive topics to the FP

4. FP topics shouldn't only be centred on Romance, Celebrities and Politics section alone.. We also need to laugh, two topics from the Jokes section daily isn't a bad idea (it's just like moderators are trying to let us know that all other section aside the aforelisted ones are inferior)

5. I don't like the fact that some untrue stories are being moved to the FP.. That is, cooked up stories. We don't need a prophet to tell us that some stories are not true

7, Too much related threads moved to the FP will cause lack of interest on such thread.. E.g, Why You Should Never Have Sex Before Marriage, another one, Why Virginity Is The Best You Can Give To Your Partner, another one, Why A Lady Should Keep Her Virginity.. You should understand what I mean Seun

8. The only reward you can give to Nairalanders is by encouraging them by moving their thread to FP. People are not encouraged to create good threads anymore. Therefore, Nairalanders should be given an opportunity to explore their talents

9. I don't like the fact that educational topics barely Hit FP.. 3-4 Threads from Education section should be making FP rather than all these, Pictures of Wizkid and Ice Prince son

10. Lastly, unique topics which we are not familiar with should be hitting FP rather than all those, How To Make A Man Love You, How To Propose To A Lady, My Landlord Son Is Asking For Hand In Marriage, How Do I Tell Him I'm Not Interested

In addition, Seun I don't like the fact that you are not friendly to nairalanders.. I'm a good observer so I know what I'm saying

** Seun Pls Quote Me After Reading This ** [/b]

Seconded! Gbam!

1 Like

Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by Nobody: 4:24pm On Dec 19, 2014
Blaqsmith:

Topics getting to FP are too much.

I suggest the mods allow a thread to have a page comments' before it's recommended for FP unless it's emergency.

Happy Xmas in advance Boda Seun.

Agreed. Too many FP topics.
And empty threads that FP quickly fill up with useless comments by people who have nothing to say.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)

Facebook Vs Nairaland: Which Is More Engaging And Addictive? / ยป Photos: Wicked People Forcefully Remove This Boy Two Eyes In North / Health Is More Important Than Wealth!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.