Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,903 members, 7,817,676 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:01 PM

APC's Manifesto - What You Have Been Asking For - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC's Manifesto - What You Have Been Asking For (7751 Views)

Buhari Walk The Talk (apc Manifesto At A Glance) / APC Manifesto Not Quran Or Bible, It Can Change ---Buhari / APC Manifesto Spending Plan To Cost N53trn Over Four Years - Business Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC's Manifesto - What You Have Been Asking For by aresa: 2:35pm On Dec 19, 2014
2. Supremacy of The Constitution

We affirm our belief in the supremacy of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and the sovereignty of the Nigerian nation and its people. We hereby affirm our commitment to strict observance and enforcement of the provisions. As a political party, we shall conform to the spirit and the letter of the provisions of the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and the constitution of the Peoples Democratic Party.

3. Independence Of The Judiciary and Operation Of The Rule Of Law

We affirm our belief in the supremacy of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and the sovereignty of the Nigerian nation and its people. We hereby affirm our commitment to strict observance and enforcement of the provisions. As a political party, we shall conform to the spirit and the letter of the provisions of the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and the constitution of the Peoples Democratic Party.

Coming from lawless people that doesn't respect the other arms of governments and even violently tear gassed the legislature and bared the Nigerian house speaker to carry out his constitutional duties.

Even the lawless police IG is openly disobeying the court while his lawless boss look the other way..

Manifesto and reality doesn't match.

1 Like

Re: APC's Manifesto - What You Have Been Asking For by chemali: 2:36pm On Dec 19, 2014
Ucheosefoh:
Yes they are change but how are we sure their kind of change is not only about the people and party in power but real progressive change

How will we be sure? Try them! This is the reason we have single terms of four years. If they do not perform, vote them out. PDP has not performed, why stick with them because of a mindless fear of the "change" not being change.

1 Like

Re: APC's Manifesto - What You Have Been Asking For by aresa: 2:39pm On Dec 19, 2014
Economy

At the root of Nigeria’s political and social problems is poverty and low access to economic opportunities. The improvement in the well-being of Nigerians is the ultimate objective of the PDP’s economic policy, and make accessible to every Nigerian the basic needs of life. The focus would be to create a market-based economy driven by small and medium scale businesses and regulated by a reformed public sector.

At the very foundation of the above objective of the party is the pursuit of a strong, virile and diversified economy built to stm rural urban migration through investment in modern agricultural methods. PDP’s economic policy is centered on people and seeks to realize the Millennium Development Goals while aiming to:

i. Develop a middle class driven by small business owners, professional class with access to credit.

ii. Create easy access to transferable property rights in urban and rural areas.

iii. Protect the weak and poor through initiatives that is designed to integrate them in the economy.

iv. Improve investment in physical and social infrastructure.

The PDP aims, altogether, at establishing the leading economy in Africa and one of the 20 leading and largest economies in the World by 2020; an economy that experiences rapid and sustained growth of not less than 10% per annum.

4. The Judiciary And The Administration Of Justice

The Party shall:

i. At all times uphold and defend the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria;

ii. Uphold the principles of separation of powers as enshrined in the Constitution;

iii. Uphold the Independence of the Judiciary;

Just read the vague, shallow and pointless PDP manifesto. There absolutely nothing there hence delivering nothing to Nigerians..
Re: APC's Manifesto - What You Have Been Asking For by gratiaeo(m): 2:42pm On Dec 19, 2014
APC should have tried some of this promises in the states they control before coming to national level. For now none of this promises is obtainable in APC state.
Can APC give us what they do not have?

2 Likes

Re: APC's Manifesto - What You Have Been Asking For by Gbawe: 2:43pm On Dec 19, 2014
@Chemali.

Bruv,you have done well. Let me advise you to stop responding to everyone here. You must choose who to engage and respond to so that your use of the forum is productive. A manifesto is a broad outline of plans and not a specific budget sheet. Everyone knows that and it is pointless arguing with anyone insisting otherwise because it is obvious that anyone asking for the APC manifesto to be different to that of virtually all political Parties worldwide, through the inclusion of a cost sheet, is simply a pro-GEJ mischief-maker. Where they not asking for a manifesto before? Now that it is here they will not even act appropriately and take a minute to inspect it to then pass comment on the action plans of the Party. Instead they move straight to the diversionary and inane obduracy about cost when genuinely exposed individuals know that a political manifesto is not required to be a bill of quantities or cost document.

Would it surprise you to know that Mikeansy, as one example of of the mischief to avoid, used to spam this forum saying that the APC should not be taken seriously because it is a Party that has no manifesto telling the people about the plans the Party has for them. Lo and behold the presentation of the manifesto and he quickly joins those distractingly demanding a breakdown of cost. Dude, it is all just one giant contraption of deceit.These guys know and have always known who they stand for because of one sectional reason or the other. Don't waste your own time and productivity with their sort. Imagine someone telling us he is a "British citizen" , with a deliberately sly put-down of Nigeria, only to be using "we" in another post to insinuate he is Nigerian. Is that the sort of confusion you want to indulge?

4 Likes

Re: APC's Manifesto - What You Have Been Asking For by danyegbule: 2:44pm On Dec 19, 2014
MANIFESTOdoes not equal MANIFESTATION. Be warned!!!!
Re: APC's Manifesto - What You Have Been Asking For by Delafruita(m): 2:44pm On Dec 19, 2014
I see a lot of lofty ideas which have existed in our political space for a long time but its the height of absurdity to prepare a manifesto without a revenue generation mechanism.how will this manifesto be funded?what is the concise year-on year plan?what is the plan of action?what's the timeline on each of these plans?there no harm in the APC preparing its porposed budget for 2015 for our perusal.this is the APC's best chance to dislodge PDP,it shouldn't blow it by doing business as usual.this is the time to engage the technocrats,put the think tanks to task and let's see a sensible,workable manifesto

1 Like

Re: APC's Manifesto - What You Have Been Asking For by aresa: 2:47pm On Dec 19, 2014
Ensure the security of lives and property of all Nigerians.

but Nigerians are getting blown up left and right so how secure are we?

We gave the PDP a full and undecided country, but the country is grossly divided and not intact. They let BH terrorists portion out parts of Nigeria,hundreds of our school children are still in the hands of terrorists, our soldiers are poorly equipped and badly demoralized.

..but this useless president did not demand accountability from his service chiefs, he instead gave the corrupt and incompetent service chiefs promotions and national awards....

And this worthless and unpatriotic man is asking Nigerians for 4 more years... Over our dead body this time around...
Re: APC's Manifesto - What You Have Been Asking For by chemali: 2:48pm On Dec 19, 2014
Gbawe:
@Chemali.

Bruv,you have done well. Let me advise you to stop responding to everyone here. You must choose who to engage and respond to so that your use of the forum is productive. A manifesto is a broad outline of plans and not a specific budget sheet. Everyone knows that and it is pointless arguing with anyone insisting otherwise because it is obvious that anyone asking for the APC manifesto to be different to that of virtually all political Parties worldwide, through the inclusion of a cost sheet, is simply a pro-GEJ mischief-maker. Where they not asking for a manifesto before? Now that it is here they will not even act appropriately and take a minute to inspect it to then pass comment on the action plans of the Party. Instead they move straight to the diversionary and inane obduracy about cost when genuinely exposed individuals know that a political manifesto is not required to be a bill of quantities or cost document.

Would it surprise you to know that Mikeansy, as one example of of the mischief to avoid, used to spam this forum saying that the APC should not be taken seriously because it is a Party that has no manifesto telling the people about the plans the Party has for them. Lo and behold the presentation of the manifesto and he quickly joins those distractingly demanding a breakdown of cost. Dude, it is all just one giant contraption of deceit.These guys know and have always known who they stand for because of one sectional reason or the other. Don't waste your own time and productivity with their sort. Imagine someone telling us he is a "British citizen" , with a deliberately sly put-down of Nigeria, only to be using "we" in another post to insinuate he is Nigerian. Is that the sort of confusion you want to indulge?

Very true. Thanks.
Re: APC's Manifesto - What You Have Been Asking For by aresa: 2:50pm On Dec 19, 2014
gratiaeo:
APC should have tried some of this promises in the states they control before coming to national level. For now none of this promises is obtainable in APC state.
Can APC give us what they do not have?

gratiaeo:
Another APC lie busted!
GEJ until Buhari grow some senses

^^^^^^ You have zero credibility here so save your story for your type..
Re: APC's Manifesto - What You Have Been Asking For by Nobody: 3:56pm On Dec 19, 2014
aresa:

The fact that you and or some people are too lazy to read basic English words doesn't mean the rest of us are like you.

Btw, apart from going on national TV to lie and tell Nigerians that stealing is not corruption and that corruption doesn't exist in Nigeria and it's only our perception, when was the last time your president took his manifesto to the TV.?

Your crooked, corrupt and worthless oga need to go on TV and tell Nigerians what happened to our $10 billion and the just missing $1 billion... There's a lot he can do on TV in this digital age..
So is ur
Re: APC's Manifesto - What You Have Been Asking For by Genea(f): 4:27pm On Dec 19, 2014
I dnt care abt d manifesto,i just want naija to be a better place
Re: APC's Manifesto - What You Have Been Asking For by Nobody: 4:37pm On Dec 19, 2014
chemali:

Inasmuch as we need to know how these would be funded, no one gives a damn about your "Britainness"

You can read the Conservative party manifesto here: https://www.conservatives.com/~/media/Files/Downloadable%20Files/MANIFESTO%202014/Large%20Print%20Euro%20Manifesto_English.ashx

Labour: http://archive.labour.org.uk/uploads/TheLabourPartyManifesto-2010.pdf

It's always a statement of we will do this!

Why waste your time with a dunce, since when did manifesto = budget that is supposed to show cost?
Re: APC's Manifesto - What You Have Been Asking For by Nobody: 4:40pm On Dec 19, 2014
4Play:
Thank God I am a British citizen. The sheer absurdity of Nigeria's political discourse never ceases to amaze.

A manifesto that lists a set of uncosted objectives is an insult to any educated person's intelligence. Promises to build refineries, infrastructure and raise spending as a percentage of GDP are abundant but no word on the costs and how this is to be paid for. And these are educated Nigerians.

Are you confusing a manifesto with budget? How is the manifesto supposed to show cost? And you even talked about intelligence shocked my goodness
Re: APC's Manifesto - What You Have Been Asking For by FastShipping: 4:42pm On Dec 19, 2014
mikeansy:
When will your Presidential candidate defend and talk about this manifesto live on TV?

No one has time to read a long book

It's the digital age, Buhari should announce his manifesto himself

That's the price of running for election in the digital age

Rubbish! How do people watch him on TV when your pay master hasn't provided electricity for over five years?
Re: APC's Manifesto - What You Have Been Asking For by Nobody: 4:51pm On Dec 19, 2014
chemali:

When I came across the link showing this PDP 'manifesto', I was shocked. Apart from not being in consonance with the reality of the party, is this what the largest party in Africa could come up with? Mediocres!
Tell me how ur own beer palour. Gist - like "manifesto" relate the reality of ur party

Mtcheeew
Change party that can boast of renowned corrupt men in their party
What a change
Re: APC's Manifesto - What You Have Been Asking For by Gbawe: 5:08pm On Dec 19, 2014
FastShipping:

Rubbish! How do people watch him on TV when your pay master hasn't provided electricity for over five years?

I am afraid to say it but my friend Mikeansy has turned into the king of jokers here with zero credibility. His requests are neither consistent nor sensible. He spent years asking for the APC manifesto and dismissing the Party over their "lack" of one even as the manifesto of the Party has been in existence for a while now. Now that the APC manifesto is 'trending' , because elections are round the corner, his new bone of contention is that the manifesto is a "long book" no one has time to read.

He has now shamelessly and hypocritically shifted the goal post to be asking Buhari to go and defend the Party manifesto on TV. Keep watching. When Buhari and the many brilliant minds in the APC begin to explain the specific workability of the Party manifesto this character will say it is not enough. He will ask them to go and organise a presentation or Mars or Jupiter to "carry along" Martians and others who live outside earth. There is no pleasing those who have decided to see nothing good in what you do. You do not waste time with people like that in life. Never. Unless you wish to fail, you must ignore lost causes. Take these guys seriously at your own expense.
Re: APC's Manifesto - What You Have Been Asking For by aresa: 5:11pm On Dec 19, 2014
FastShipping:

Ouch!!!! Low Blow. That hurts.... grin
Re: APC's Manifesto - What You Have Been Asking For by chemali: 5:34pm On Dec 19, 2014
hizroyalflynes:

Tell me how ur own beer palour. Gist - like "manifesto" relate the reality of ur party

Mtcheeew
Change party that can boast of renowned corrupt men in their party
What a change

Last I heard Bode George and the man transforming to woman politician - Alams were PDP chieftains and close associates of GEJ. Fool.
Re: APC's Manifesto - What You Have Been Asking For by opo26: 7:40pm On Dec 19, 2014
plz what will be the fate of tinubu and atiku maybe with amaechi den wot of the youth that are not student and ur education u said free meal wot of our teacher are they going to be train I kip other
Re: APC's Manifesto - What You Have Been Asking For by Nobody: 8:11pm On Dec 19, 2014
chemali:
The challenge facing us as Nigerians is whether we have the will and courage to unite to radically reform, modernize and move our nation forward – not looking backward to the failed policies and practices of the past. It is no longer a question of choice but of will and courage!

This Manifesto outlines our side of the social contract with the people; what APC will do to change Nigeria. We cannot do it on our own, we need the people’s consent and participation. Below we outline Eight pledges for a better Nigeria. They form a new, honest contract with Nigeria.

During our first term in office, the APC government will:

Jobs, Jobs, Jobs

Create 3 million new jobs a year through public works programmes and shifting the economy towards value-added production will be our primary economic target.

Security

Employ at least an extra 100,000 police officers and establish a properly trained and equipped Federal Anti-Terrorism Multi-Agency Task Force to destroy Boko Haram and any form of insurgency.

Security

Introduce an immediate pay rise and improved conditions for all five security services

Corruption

Adopting a zero-tolerance approach to corruption – rooting out dishonest public servants and imposing tough sanctions including jail sentences.

Youth

Provide interest-free loans for university/technical school students who meet the required entry qualifications. We will fund this by providing guarantees to the banking sector and by absorbing the interest.

Education

Introduce a free daily school meal for all children attending primary school.

Poverty

Introduce the first phase of direct conditional monthly social security payment for 25 million of the poorest Nigerians

Health

Create a network of local health centres providing free services and drugs such that no one lives more than 5km from help.

Federalism

Create a more equitable distribution of national revenue to the States and local governments because this is where grassroots democracy and economic development must be established.

http://www.apcpressreleases.com/the-apc-manifesto/

In which of their states have they used as a model for us to assess?

Word is CHEAP!!!
Re: APC's Manifesto - What You Have Been Asking For by bjolodo99: 9:20pm On Dec 19, 2014
i pray to God for u apc leader to let it be so
Re: APC's Manifesto - What You Have Been Asking For by Nobody: 10:00pm On Dec 19, 2014
4Play:
Thank God I am a British citizen. The sheer absurdity of Nigeria's political discourse never ceases to amaze.

A manifesto that lists a set of uncosted objectives is an insult to any educated person's intelligence. Promises to build refineries, infrastructure and raise spending as a percentage of GDP are abundant but no word on the costs and how this is to be paid for. And these are educated Nigerians.

May God continue to bless u
Re: APC's Manifesto - What You Have Been Asking For by emiye(m): 11:03pm On Dec 19, 2014
But the mods should move this to frontpage in my opinion, seun and super mods should do the needful
Re: APC's Manifesto - What You Have Been Asking For by chemali: 5:35am On Dec 20, 2014
Xetima:

In which of their states have they used as a model for us to assess?

Word is CHEAP!!!

I can show you states were some of what is written in this document is being practiced but I won't do that. I will only do that if you can show me the ideals PDP preaches and where it practices these ideals. This is an alternative and if you think it's about the selfish interest of some few, you possibly do not understand how bad we have fallen in the 16 years of PDP rule.
Re: APC's Manifesto - What You Have Been Asking For by BrosPeter: 5:43am On Dec 20, 2014
4Play:

You dey read mind grin grin grin grin

APC promise heaven and earth but fail to say where they gonna get the money to pay for the heaven and earth.
Re: APC's Manifesto - What You Have Been Asking For by chemali: 5:57am On Dec 20, 2014
BrosPeter:

You dey read mind grin grin grin grin

APC promise heaven and earth but fail to say where they gonna get the money to pay for the heaven and earth.

Show me a manifesto that shows that. And while you are at it, send me PDP's manifesto.
Re: APC's Manifesto - What You Have Been Asking For by BrosPeter: 6:01am On Dec 20, 2014
chemali:

Show me a manifesto that shows that. And while you are at it, send me PDP's manifesto.

You posted the manifesto, am asking where will apc get the money to pay for them.

I promise to buy you helicopter by next week, am sure you believe me, trust me, am going to buy it for you.

You see, any body can make promise, this is just promise and more promise, where will they find the money?
Re: APC's Manifesto - What You Have Been Asking For by chemali: 6:15am On Dec 20, 2014
BrosPeter:

You posted the manifesto, am asking where will apc get the money to pay for them.

I promise to buy you helicopter by next week, am sure you believe me, trust me, am going to buy it for you.

You see, any body can make promise, this is just promise and more promise, where will they find the money?

I've answered this question previously and will answer again. The manifesto itself shows places the government should cut cost. If you cut cost - unnecessary expenditure, reduce corruption and grow the budget to 30% of GDP, they will pay for these things. The clear takeaway for you from this is a manifesto shouldn't contain cost details. This is globally acceptable practice. My challenge is still open - show me PDP's manifesto. I hope you won't try to sidestep the question again.
Re: APC's Manifesto - What You Have Been Asking For by BrosPeter: 6:22am On Dec 20, 2014
chemali:

I've answered this question previously and will answer again. The manifesto itself shows places the government should cut cost. If you cut cost - unnecessary expenditure, reduce corruption and grow the budget to 30% of GDP, they will pay for these things. The clear takeaway for you from this is a manifesto shouldn't contain cost details. This is globally acceptable practice. My challenge is still open - show me PDP's manifesto. I hope you won't try to sidestep the question again.

how much will they raise from the cost cutting? Oya tell me make i hear.
As for pdp manifesto google it, am not a paid poster, jonah read out his manifesto the day he got pdp nomination to be presidential candidate.

lastly, who told you evading cost details is globally accepted? So obama will just tell americans he will do this and that without telling them where he would get the money?
Re: APC's Manifesto - What You Have Been Asking For by chemali: 6:29am On Dec 20, 2014
BrosPeter:

how much will they raise from the cost cutting? Oya tell me make i hear.
As for pdp manifesto google it, am not a paid poster, jonah read out his manifesto the day he got pdp nomination to be presidential candidate.

lastly, who told you evading cost details is globally accepted? So obama will just tell americans he will do this and that without telling them where he would get the money?

There is no use arguing with you... You are obviously a TAN PPP. Use Google to show me when Obama was campaigning and made promises showing cost details.

A manifesto is defined as "a published verbal declaration of the intentions, motives, or views of the issuer, be it an individual, group, political party or government". Show me the published declaration.
Re: APC's Manifesto - What You Have Been Asking For by BrosPeter: 6:39am On Dec 20, 2014
chemali:

There is no use arguing with you... You are obviously a TAN PPP. Use Google to show me when Obama was campaigning and made promises showing cost details.

A manifesto is defined as "a published verbal declaration of the intentions, motives, or views of the issuer, be it an individual, group, political party or government". Show me the published declaration.

you're the paid poster, you posted what apc will do and someone who lives in abroad asked how and where the money will come from and i agreed with him. why didn't you argue with the guy i seconded? here is his post.

4Play:

the poster is a british citizen, thats how its done over there, apc needs to tell us where they will get the money. empty promises otherwise.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Heads Of Federal Agencies As Of Last Year (jonathan's Administration) / This Happened Nigeria And Everyone Is Keeping Quiet / We Can’t Afford A Repeat Of Yar’adua/Jonathan Era Now- Northerners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.