Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,596 members, 7,847,512 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 07:28 PM

Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car - Family (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car (57390 Views)

See What My Dad Bought For #500k Yesterday. / Drama As Man Fights Friend Over Wife In Hotel / Man Fights Over Prostitute In Hotel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by MizMyColi(f): 7:57pm On Dec 21, 2014
cococandy:

smiley

#RespectsMa'am
But
Something about this post doesn't sit right with me.

I just learnt recently that belief affects a person's DNA and maybe that's why I'm of the belief that ---

Nothing in this world would ever make me comfortable that another woman or man has turned my husband's private chef.
I mean Nothing. Even if I'm decapitated, incapacitated, inter alia......God knows there'll be this longing to be the one who satisfies him in the area of food and sex. If I don't know how to, if I'm inexperienced........I will go and learn, of course, within acceptable ethical bounds.

While this sounds old fashion even to me who's typing ATM, I honestly don't see a need to discard the tradition --- I will pass it down to my kids too.

5 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Nobody: 8:00pm On Dec 21, 2014
coogar:

you were still a prepubescent girl when the incident happened. you wouldn't have had access to the internet then.

majority of them have the emotional make up of a 9-year-old girl. they are easily impressed.

the nigga cleaned out....
money, gadgets, several invitation letters to UK/USA from the gullible desperate women you see around here. grin

you wanna know what rhymes with annawhite? the loff of my life. grin

where have you been? merry christmas in advance. i might pay you a visit before the new year so keep my beers chilled. cool

Lol, So basically LadyReed was trying to create a reincarnation of the real, no? Fake it, till he makes loool.

The real needs to come back lol.

This section is toxic with crazy and unculture women. And it will be a thing of pleasure to crack up at a proper dream seller giving them the dream shake like Hakeem Olajuwon lol.

2 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Nobody: 8:00pm On Dec 21, 2014
Lol, a real married woman has spoken.

I'm out!

6 Likes

chaircover:

Lets think about things deeply.
If your hubby starts making comments that he enjoys this cooks meals and starts inviting his collegues home to come and enjoy the taste of this cooks meals, you wont be very happy.
If he starts to ask the cook to pack take away for him to eat at lunch at work you wont be very happy
Everyone wants to be the one that will provide things for our loved ones that they like
I want to be the one that will buy my husbands favorite shirt or cook his favourite meal.
Many women have housemaids but they still insist on cooking and serving their husbands meals.
At parties I prefer to get up and pick my husbands food for him . . .yes he has hands but it gives me pleasure.

Chaircover, I really appreciate your diplomatic approach and sorry for replying a comment that wasn't directed at me BUT if a wife cannot cook, then it would be extremely selfish of her to expect her husband to eat it and then to pretend that it's yummy. So as long as she doesn't figure out how to cook in a way that her husband will enjoy it, he should not be forced to eat it or at least be free to eat elsewhere too.

Back to the topic, a father got his daughter a car and it should be not an issue at all. It's ridiculous, even if FIL and SIL have issues. It's just a car.

3 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Nobody: 8:01pm On Dec 21, 2014
ladygogo:

Medal of honour sef. grin

Nice to see you here dear.

Happy holidays to you and yours. kiss

It is well with our souls in the family section.

Amen.

Your face has been scarce too o. Good to see you.

A very merry Christmas to you and your family too! kiss
Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by cococandy(f): 8:10pm On Dec 21, 2014
I'm not encouraging discarding the idea of cooing for one's husband. In fact I didn't even bring up the topic of cook versus car on this thread.
But since someone brought it up, we might as we'll talk about it.
But life is not black and white.
Some people actually need such services because of their kind of lifestyle.
I still think they manage to be happy and fulfilled.
It is a big wife world out there.

MizMyColi:

smiley

#RespectsMa'am
But
Something about this post doesn't sit right with me.

I just learnt recently that belief affects a person's DNA and maybe that's why I'm of the belief that ---

Nothing in this world would ever make me comfortable that another woman or man has turned my husband's private chef.
I mean Nothing. Even if I'm decapitated, incapacitated, inter alia......God knows there'll be this longing to be the one who satisfies him in the area of food and sex. If I don't know how to, if I'm inexperienced........I will go and learn, of course, within acceptable ethical bounds.

While this sounds old fashion even to me who's typing ATM, I honestly don't see a need to discard the tradition --- I will pass it down to my kids too.

2 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Nobody: 8:10pm On Dec 21, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Chaircover, I really appreciate your diplomatic approach and sorry for replying a comment that wasn't directed at me BUT if a wife cannot cook, then it would be extremely selfish of her to expect her husband to eat it and then to pretend that it's yummy. So as long as she doesn't figure out how to cook in a way that her husband will enjoy it, he should not be forced to eat it or at least be free to eat elsewhere too.

Back to the topic, a father got his daughter a car and it should be not an issue at all. It's ridiculous, even if FIL and SIL have issues. It's just a car.

thats okay babes, we are all having a discussion so you are free to quote me.
its only when people insult that I ignore.

I agree its just a car made of metal, rubber and paint etc
However this is marriage and both partys must do everything to protect the marriage. The marriage will outlive the car.
My concern is where does it stop? and it opens doors for other things.
Thers is always someone richer, better dressed, sexier, a better cook, makes love better, finer, fitter than our husband/wife . . .where does one draw the line
I know the daddy bought the car cos hubby couldnt afford it but money is not the only thing that is important in the marriage. Money but no peace will still give sleepless nights.
Nothing wrong in daddy buying the car if he can afford it but he should have presented it as a gift to the couple . . . not just to his daughter.

3 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Nobody: 8:14pm On Dec 21, 2014

4 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by cococandy(f): 8:16pm On Dec 21, 2014
The onus then would be on me to improve my cooking not so?
But as long as I'm making potty inedible food,I shouldn't complicate his life further by insisting he keeps eating it.

After all if I could cook to start with he wouldn't need the services of a cook in our home in the first place.

That said, not every woman is like the other . Some may not mind at all.
Some can even cook but hire cooks as well because of their kind of schedule.

My own be say gift Na gift.

I won't let my pride stand in the way of my husband's comfort when I know all I will offer him is pride and no improvement in the area of concern. what is he supposed to do.
Bear it?

chaircover:

Lets think about things deeply and honestly
If your hubby starts making comments that he enjoys this cooks meals and starts inviting his collegues home to come and enjoy the taste of this cooks meals, you wont be very happy.
If he starts to ask the cook to pack take away for him to eat at lunch at work you wont be very happy
Everyone wants to be the one that will provide the important things for our loved ones that they like
I want to be the one that will buy my husbands favorite shirt or cook his favourite meal.
Many women have housemaids but they still insist on cooking and serving their husbands meals.
At parties I prefer to get up and pick my husbands food for him . . .yes he has hands but it gives me pleasure.

5 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Nobody: 8:20pm On Dec 21, 2014
cococandy:
But as long as I'm making potty inedible food,I shouldn't complicate his life further by insisting he keeps eating it.

After all if I could cook to start with he wouldn't need the services of a cook in our home in the first place.

I won't let my pride stand in the way of my husband's comfort when I know all I will offer him is pride and no improvement in the area of concern. what is he supposed to do.
Bear it?

coco its easier for you to learn how to cook that it is for a man to suddenly make enough money to buy his wife a car smiley
I can learn how to cook any new dish in 30 minutes thanks to youtube.
By the time I practise it 3 times, I will become a expert
I learnt how to cook nkwobi on youtube grin

4 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Nobody: 8:22pm On Dec 21, 2014
chaircover:

thats okay babes, we are all having a discussion so you are free to quote me.

smiley kiss

Its just a car . . metal, rubber and paint etc

Exactly and such stories can only take place in a poverty stricken country. No offense, just saying the truth.

However this is marriage and both partys must do everything to protect the marriage.

Yes, and in this case the husband should swallow his pride and be happy for his wife instead of creating problems for her because of HER FATHER.

My concern is where does it stop? and it opens doors for other things.
Thers is always someone richer, better dressed, sexier, a better cook, makes love better, finer, fitter than our husband/wife . . .where does one draw the line

This is up to each and every couple.

I know the daddy bought the car cos hubby couldnt afford it but money is not the only thing that is important in the marriage
Nothing wrong in daddy buying the car if he can afford it but he should have presented it as a gift to the couple . . . not to his daughter.

Why? I thought the husband already had a car. Why can't his wife have a car of her own? What's the big deal?

Apart from that, we don't even know how the FIL presented the car but I have a problem with people telling an elderly man how to present a gift to his daughter that the husband should be NOTHING but happy about.

3 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Matthewbriggs(m): 8:23pm On Dec 21, 2014
cococandy:

Bear it?

@ bolded gift na gift.

How would you feel when you have spent your hard earned time preparing a really nice dish for your husband to eat and your mother inlaw arrives from the village one night complaining of the fact that you are feeding his son rubbish, she says look at how lean my son has become since he married you. She now tells you that the dish you just prepared is not good enough for him that you should shove your dish in the dustbin.

She steps in to the kitchen and prepares a dish for your husband and presents it to him as a gift in your presence, and your husband is like mummy thank you very much for this gift. This meal means a lot to me. [/b]

What do you think about this gift. Would you want such a gift.

Do you agree the way and matter a gift is given, goes a long way in deciding how it will be accepted ?

2 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by chillis1: 8:25pm On Dec 21, 2014
ileobatojo:

Except that 99% of these arguments especially since the influx of trolls several months ago break multiple NL rules. Let the mods address those and leave the 1% that are civil. The place will still be sanitized.

Even when you try to be civil, they keep jumping on your throat like dehydrated frogs. cheesy

Today is smelling kitty Kat
Tomorrow, is nairaland women can you marry cripple.

Next is .. feminism is from the devil.

Bunch of low life's .

Pls, don't forget, when you are in Rome behave like the Roman. This place is just like Nigeria. No civility here.

Wear your coveralls and dance galele grin

6 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Nobody: 8:28pm On Dec 21, 2014
carefreewannabe:

smiley kiss
Exactly and such stories can only take place in a poverty stricken country. No offense, just saying the truth.
Yes, and in this case the husband should swallow his pride and be happy for his wife instead of creating problems for her because of HER FATHER.
This is up to each and every couple.
Why? I thought the husband already had a car. Why can't his wife have a car of her own? What's the big deal?
Apart from that, we don't even know how the FIL presented the car but I have a problem with people telling an elderly man how to present a gift to his daughter that the husband should be NOTHING but happy about.

Depending on the culture . . . .
In the yoruba tradtional engagement, There is a very public show of the the huband and wife leaving their seats and going to sit beween their MIL and FIL, basically you are saying that you have new parents now.
As parents we need to be wise. If the car was going to cause an issue, then dad could have used wisdom to deal with the matter
Personally I dont see why hubby is fighting his wife. Its not her fault.
Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Nobody: 8:29pm On Dec 21, 2014
Lmao, some people can lie sha grin grin grin grin
Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Nobody: 8:31pm On Dec 21, 2014
chillis1:

Even when you try to be civil, they keep jumping on your throat like dehydrated frogs. cheesy

Bunch of low life's .

Pls, don't forget, when you are in Rome behave like the Roman. This place is just like Nigeria. No civility here.

Were your coveralls and dance galele grin

grin Chilli no go kee person o!

Why is Chillisauce banned? I hope it's not a mod from this section that banned you.
Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Nobody: 8:32pm On Dec 21, 2014
chillis1:

Bunch of low life's .

Wear your coveralls and dance galele grin

Dat smelly kitty cat thread has been giving some people sleepless night oh....
The shoe seems to fit grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by cococandy(f): 8:33pm On Dec 21, 2014
chaircover:

coco its easier for you to learn how to cook that it is for a man to suddenly make enough money to buy his wife a car smiley
I can learn how to cook any new dish in 30 minutes thanks to youtube.
By the time I practise it 3 times, I will become a expert
I learnt how to cook nkwobi on youtube grin
great. That is why the analogy comparing cooking and a car is lame. I wonder why these guys brought it up in the first place.

I was thinking they would even bring up something more suitable. Material gift compared to material gift.

5 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Nobody: 8:33pm On Dec 21, 2014
SirShymex:

Lol, So basically LadyReed was trying to create a reincarnation of the real, no? Fake it, till he makes loool.

The real needs to come back lol.

This section is toxic with crazy and unculture women. And it will be a thing of pleasure to crack up at a proper dream seller giving them the dream shake like Hakeem Olajuwon lol.
shebi you are the perfect example of a cultured man?

6 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by chillis1: 8:34pm On Dec 21, 2014
ileobatojo:

grin Chilli no go kee person o!

Why is Chillisauce banned? I hope it's not a mod from this section that banned you.

I don't know the mod that did that . They said I'm wishing nairaland death. So they banned me as enemy of progress grin

When the site do yaphuka finish.
cheesy
Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Nobody: 8:36pm On Dec 21, 2014
chillis1:

I don't know the mod that did that . They said I'm wishing nairaland death. So they banned me as enemy of progress grin

When the site do yaphuka finish.
cheesy

Bwahahaha! cheesy

Sounds like the handiwork of Seun.
Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Nobody: 8:36pm On Dec 21, 2014
chaircover:

In the yoruba tradtional engagement, There is a very public show of the the huband and wife leaving their seats and going to sit beween their MIL and FIL, basically you are saying that you have new parents now.

If we go by this logic, then the FIL must get a car for each of his kids because it's else unfair to give a car to one of the children but not all.
And if we go by this logic, the husband should know that what his wife gets, is also his as it is a gift from their parents.

As parents we need to be wise. If the car was going to cause an issue, then dad could have used wisdom to deal with the matter

Maybe the FIL didn't even expect his SIL to make an issue out of it.
People who believe that they must be asked for permission because they are the heads dictators, assume or suppose that the father was being insensitive for one reason or another.

My family would never think that giving me a car could cause a problem in my relationship and therefore they would just call me and surprise me and assume that my partner will be happy for me, which he NORMALLY should be.

Me neither.

2 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by cococandy(f): 8:38pm On Dec 21, 2014
Matthewbriggs:

@ bolded gift na gift.

How would you feel when you have spent your hard earned time preparing a really nice dish for your husband to eat and your mother inlaw arrives from the village one night complaining of the fact that you are feeding his son rubbish, she says look at how lean my son has become since he married you. She now tells you that the dish you just prepared is not good enough for him that you should shove your dish in the dustbin.

She steps in to the kitchen and prepares a dish for your husband and presents it to him as a gift in your presence, and your husband is like mummy thank you very much for this gift. This meal means a lot to me. [/b]

What do you think about this gift. Would you want such a gift.

Do you agree the way and matter a gift is given, goes a long way in deciding how it will be accepted ?

I get what you are trying to say.

Like you said I've cooked for my husband but my mil tossed the food aside to present hers instead. Why wouldn't I be miffed?

Compare it to the subject of this thread. If hubby bought a car for the wife and father in law told her to toss it aside and use his instead because it is better, do you think I would be on the father-in-laws side? Heck no.

So let us examples that apply.

5 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by MizMyColi(f): 8:39pm On Dec 21, 2014
cococandy:
I'm not encouraging discarding the idea of cooing for one's husband. In fact I didn't even bring up the topic of cook versus car on this thread.
But since someone brought it up, we might as we'll talk about it.
But life is not black and white.
Some people actually need such services because of their kind of lifestyle.
I still think they manage to be happy and fulfilled.
It is a big wife world out there.

You do have a point @life not being black and white.

I quite understand that in our world as we know it, no truth is absolute.

However, if you could recall, I used the word "comfortable" --- I want to see the world, I want to go places, I want to get the best in education. Now this ultimately means I may not always be there for my husband, we'd have to employ the services of cooks and maids.

Except I no longer feel love for the man, God knows, that no matter where I am in the world, the thought of someone "taking" care of him for me would leave me literally uncomfy ..... I would make it so obvious to him that I wish things were different, whenever I get the chance, I will so make it up to him shocked shocked

Lolz

I get your point tho' smiley

But after all is said and done, a wise woman keeps her home ..... Whatever the cost.

1 Like

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by GANJAFARMER: 8:39pm On Dec 21, 2014
Good evening beautiful people,I'm new on Nairaland.

Please you people should welcome me. grin

1 Like

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by chillis1: 8:40pm On Dec 21, 2014
ileobatojo:

Bwahahaha! cheesy

Sounds like the handiwork of Seun.

Abi.
You laugh , them ban you.
You say the truth, you get banned .

Family section by now should have topics like good Xmas celebrations
Rather see what's on every page.

Kitty Kat sniffers

Brea.stfeeding mom peeping toms.
cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Nobody: 8:41pm On Dec 21, 2014
I wont be happy if my husband ran to his mum to get packs of food just cos I couldnt cook for him one day. Moreso, when it wasnt discussed. By the same token, if I were the husband in this case, I'ld get really angry if my wife showed up at the door with this sort of surprise from her father.

It's simple, if you cant give up the goodies you got from your very rich dad, dont get married to someone who cant give them to you! Stay with him till your mum chases you out.

As a dad, if you cant respect your daughter's marriage, or respect the man in your son-in-law, dont give her out in marriage! A diplomatic dad would have called the daughter aside, told her his intention and asked her to confer with her husband first, as he would only go on to get the car if the husband was okay with it. Anything else is total disrespect of the son-in-law/their marriage.

Life is not that hard; it's simple. Cant stop eating from daddy? Dont get married. Cant stop being your daughter's head? Dont give her out in marriage. Simple.

Lastly, here I am shaking my head in total repulsion at posts like those of chillsause and carefreewannabe. May God help any woman who listens to what they/their like say about marriage on this forum.

8 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by edwife(f): 8:44pm On Dec 21, 2014
chaircover:

CC you know i have been reading this thread since yesterday,i just didn't want to comment because of the way the thread turns out(punches) from every angles,don't wanna be caught out in it.

This is not about the car causing an issue or not,but the approach needs to be wise.As a father ,if you know that your daughter is in a good marriage and want to help the young couple,all you need to do is to call both kids and present them with the gift.

I have been there before,and mostly i will be the last to learn what my dad sent to us,not because he is my dad,but because he considers both as his children.

For me,when a father notices that his SIL can't afford a second car for his wife,the best thing to do is to call your SIL and chat with him.....Just try to find out if he is in financial trouble or just not ready to cope with the expenses of a second car,by then he could let him know that he wants to buy the car for his daughter,not to ask for his permission but to inform him of his intention.I don't see how any man will refuse such ...

I don't know,but that's how i see it....

3 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by chillis1: 8:45pm On Dec 21, 2014
Mondisweets:
shebi you are the perfect example of a cultured man?

grin
grin grin
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Nobody: 8:45pm On Dec 21, 2014
. . funny enough I dont see any difference between FIL and hubby
Both are ego tripping
Daddy is saying I can do what I like, its my money and my daugher
Hubby is saying she is my wife, I can do what I like

Wifey is in the middle. God help that marriage.

1 Like

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by coogar: 8:45pm On Dec 21, 2014
SirShymex:
Lol, a real married woman has spoken.

I'm out!

by their fruits you shall know them.
we know the ones straight from harrods & the ones from oyingbo market.

meanwhile, where are you spending your christmas? any wild party for your geezer?

njokusboy:

Dat smelly kitty cat thread has been giving some people sleepless night oh....
The shoe seems to fit grin grin grin

it's a sensitive topic.
i am surprised that thread hasn't been locked yet by the rants of the whistleblowers. you guys should tone it down a bit before your actions put these divas on a suicide watch.

3 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Nobody: 8:46pm On Dec 21, 2014
Driven:
I wont be happy if my husband ran to his mum to get packs of food just cos I couldnt cook for him one day. Moreso, when it wasnt discussed. By the same token, if I were the husband in this case, I'ld get really angry if my wife showed up at the door with this sort of surprise from her father.

It's simple, if you cant give up the goodies you got from your very rich dad, dont get married to someone who cant give them to you! Stay with him till your mum chases you out.

As a dad, if you cant respect your daughter's marriage, or respect the man in your son-in-law, dont give her out in marriage! A diplomatic dad would have called the daughter aside, told her his intention and asked her to confer with her husband first, as he would only go on to get the car if the husband was okay with it. Anything else is total disrespect of the son-in-law/their marriage.

Life is not that hard; it's simple. Cant stop eating from daddy? Dont get married. Cant stop being your daughter's head? Dont give her out in marriage. Simple.

Lastly, here I am shaking my head in total repulsion at posts like those of chillsause and carefreewannabe. May God help any woman who listens to what they/their like say about marriage on this forum.

And the duo are both single... grin grin

Dude, except you don't have a problem with people insulting your entire lineage, you shouldn't mention those names oh...

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (27) (Reply)

See The Groom's And Bride's Mothers' Outfits /Dance That Got People Talking / I've Never Seen A Girl As Dirty As My Cousin Sister / Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.