Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,720 members, 7,824,045 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? (12086 Views)

7 Values To Teach Our Children To Make Them Grow Into Godly Men And Women / Homeless Man Inspired Me To Go To Church Today (Photo) / PHOTOS: I Abandoned My Five Children To Become A Lesbian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 8:02am On Dec 21, 2014
Its good to force children to church.
But when they become teens, they should v gotten the understanding of going to church and they should not be forced at that stage.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? by carterguccy(m): 8:02am On Dec 21, 2014
Re: Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? by philusaau(f): 8:02am On Dec 21, 2014
If u train up ur child d way he or she shld go, then he or she will not be forced to church every sunday. Click like if i am right

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? by sirculynz(m): 8:02am On Dec 21, 2014
yes
Re: Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? by ziego(m): 8:04am On Dec 21, 2014
SuperMartins:
If na by forcing peoole to go to church,This world for don change..

When u force kids or jxt any1 to go too church,dat kid wont pay attention..abi una think say na jxt by goin to church dey make person better..Think again

U r talking rubbish.

U think the child doesn't enjoy the church when they get there?

Ones they get to church, they have forgotten How they were forced to be there. They shout all books of Bible, learn memory verse.
They will still come home and tell u What they learnt.

1 Like

Re: Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? by emsheddy(m): 8:04am On Dec 21, 2014
OP, a child cannot be held responsible for his or her action. Force that pikin go church jor, if e mean to thrash him bum bum, do am. As long as e follow u. When he or she becomes an adult, they can choose what they want then. Infact, if u lead a child well in attending church n paying rapt attention, that child will thank u when he or she grows up.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? by akoaki(m): 8:05am On Dec 21, 2014
Many people who go to church do not know the meaning of the scriptures. They only stick to what their half-literate pastors teach. Religion should be by choice and not by force for everyone, including children. Nigerians need more enlightenment in this regard.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? by Nobody: 8:06am On Dec 21, 2014
ziego:

U r talking rubbish.

U think the child doesn't enjoy the church when they get there?

Ones they get to church, they have forgotten How they were forced to be there. They shout all books of Bible, learn memory verse.
They will still come home and tell u What they learnt.

I dont av anything to post to u..i dont want to "talk" rubbish again..Happy Sunday
Re: Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? by queenbesha(f): 8:06am On Dec 21, 2014
You may use a little force when they are still young. But there definitely will come a time when they will be responsible for their own actions.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? by ProfEinstein: 8:08am On Dec 21, 2014
I come from a very religious home so going to church is not negotiable, As i recently turned agnostic i haven't been to church for quite some time and My mum kinda noticed that . She NO dey allow me rest again,always saying that d devil don capture me. The whole thing is beginning to pissed me off. I will never force My own kids to go to church ,let them grow up and make there choices
Re: Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? by queenbesha(f): 8:08am On Dec 21, 2014
You may use a little force when they are still young. But there definitely will come a time when they will be responsible for their own actions. You can't force them all their lives.

But....don't fail to keep encouraging them. You can't afford to give up totally.

1 Like

Re: Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? by Timoleon(m): 8:09am On Dec 21, 2014
The most boring line I hear often is this "train up a chil in the way he should go...." I was trained to go to church dutifully, as a child I participated in different church programme, conversant with the bible, won various bible competitions sword drills, survival of the fittest... Long story short, I don't go to church again. Tell me I wasn't trained in the way I should go!

8 Likes

Re: Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? by ziego(m): 8:10am On Dec 21, 2014
SuperMartins:
I dont av anything to post to u..i dont want to "talk" rubbish again..Happy Sunday

Thank God u know.
Happy Sunday too
Re: Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? by queenbesha(f): 8:11am On Dec 21, 2014
You may use a little force when they are still young. But there definitely will come a time when they will be responsible for their own actions. You can't force them all their life.

But....don't fail to keep encouraging them. You can't afford to give up totally.
Re: Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? by Nobody: 8:11am On Dec 21, 2014
No sir, I don't force them to go to church- they go willingly, all because I made them understand the importance of going to church as early as possible. I would have gladly forced them to go if need be.
We can't reject the gathering of believers.

1 Like

Re: Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? by Esdb(m): 8:13am On Dec 21, 2014
[quote author=frosbel post=29052213]

church is okay for fellowship but not compulsory .[/quoteso your childres should not go to the temple of God christ held so dear
Re: Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? by ziego(m): 8:13am On Dec 21, 2014
Timoleon:
The most boring line I hear often is this "train up a chil in the way he should go...." I was trained to go to church dutifully, as a child I participated in different church programme, conversant with the bible, won various bible competitions sword drills, survival of the fittest... Long story short, I don't go to church again. Tell me I wasn't trained in the way I should go!

Your parents have Don their duty.
God is their witness.
Now u choose your life style.
It's non of ur parents business.

Would u have known What u would have become if u werent forced to church.

Who knows if u would have been in prison by now.

Go thank your parents ooo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? by adexsimply(m): 8:14am On Dec 21, 2014
Of course!! You must force them. You expect them to submit to brainwashing without putting up any form of resistance?

2 Likes

Re: Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? by Dannylux: 8:17am On Dec 21, 2014
Going to church is very important. Nothing compares to actually going to church be it fellowship or whatever you call it.

Yes, I'd force them.
Re: Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? by ojaydedon(m): 8:19am On Dec 21, 2014
frosbel:

What if your son or daughter refuses to go to church with you one morning, what would you do , force him or her ?

wat if ur son or daughter refuses to go to church one monday morning, what would you do? Force him or her?
Re: Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? by Nobody: 8:20am On Dec 21, 2014
no I don't..............I don't have children yet grin
Re: Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? by wazobia50(m): 8:20am On Dec 21, 2014
Responding as a muslim,I was tot to start taking my kids to mosque and train them from 7yrs and beat them slightly from 10yrs if they fail in their duty. And follow them tru till they leave ur custody. God knows best
Re: Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? by mentorandfriend(m): 8:21am On Dec 21, 2014
The bible says in the book of proverbs that foolishness is in the heart of every child, but the rod of discipline drives it away.

1 Like

Re: Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? by Lilshorecords(m): 8:21am On Dec 21, 2014
frosbel:
Every Sunday, many parents remind their children of the obligation to go 'church'. Any child who refuses to go is blackmailed, screamed at, abused and sometimes even beaten.

So my question is , if the bible says we should not provoke our children and since God is also tender with his children, why do parents use brute force to make many children go to church against their own will and then use the basics of life like shelter and money to threaten them if they fail to comply ?

Is this productive ? Could this be the reason why such families / homes are 'manufacturing' more atheists/agnostics/unfundamental Christians than those from other backgrounds?

Is a child going to church evidence that he is a Christian ?

Comments welcome.
all said is rubbish! Yo thinking faculty is low! So church isnt compulsory??
Re: Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? by Sarhamsyn(m): 8:22am On Dec 21, 2014
look into my eyes and tell me i'on go to church.

cry
Re: Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? by Nobody: 8:23am On Dec 21, 2014
Force Them To Church, But You Can't Force Them To Pray Or Listen To The Word Of God.
Re: Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? by Ignyte(m): 8:24am On Dec 21, 2014
I don already hate christianity as religion some people dey make me hate am pass... Anyways... I am a christian by lifestyle and i support the OP
Re: Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? by Lilshorecords(m): 8:24am On Dec 21, 2014
ziego:

God is their witness.

grin grin thats whatsup! You gave him hot cake of his life! Hehehehe.

1 Like

Re: Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? by haibe(m): 8:28am On Dec 21, 2014
I will force them when at a premature age but when they are old enough they would be responsible to themselves, I will only be giving advises by then.
Re: Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? by Timoleon(m): 8:32am On Dec 21, 2014
ziego:

God is their witness.

I guess only people who were never forced to church are in prison?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? / The Internet Has Become A Church For Atheists / What's Your Prophecy For 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.