Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,919 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:23 PM

Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? (12020 Views)

7 Values To Teach Our Children To Make Them Grow Into Godly Men And Women / Homeless Man Inspired Me To Go To Church Today (Photo) / PHOTOS: I Abandoned My Five Children To Become A Lesbian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? by Nobody: 2:20pm On Dec 20, 2014
Every Sunday, many parents remind their children of the obligation to go 'church'. Any child who refuses to go is blackmailed, screamed at, abused and sometimes even beaten.

So my question is , if the bible says we should not provoke our children and since God is also tender with his children, why do parents use brute force to make many children go to church against their own will and then use the basics of life like shelter and money to threaten them if they fail to comply ?

Is this productive ? Could this be the reason why such families / homes are 'manufacturing' more atheists/agnostics/unfundamental Christians than those from other backgrounds?

Is a child going to church evidence that he is a Christian ?

Comments welcome.

6 Likes

Re: Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? by woky: 2:37pm On Dec 20, 2014
Lol! Do u expect a child to learn about christ in an amusement park?? grin

29 Likes

Re: Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Dec 20, 2014
woky:
Lol! Do expect a child to learn about christ in an amusement park grin

can one learn about Christ only in a church setting ? What about the home fellowship and parents living as a good example ?

20 Likes

Re: Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? by woky: 3:14pm On Dec 20, 2014
frosbel:

can one learn about Christ only in a church setting ? What about the home fellowship and parents living as a good example ?
Ar you trying to say that 'Church' is not necessary?? Pls ansa with YES or NO

6 Likes

Re: Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? by Nobody: 3:29pm On Dec 20, 2014
woky:
Ar you trying to say that 'Church' is not necessary?? Pls ansa with YES or NO

church is okay for fellowship but not compulsory .

4 Likes

Re: Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? by woky: 3:42pm On Dec 20, 2014
frosbel:

church is okay for fellowship but not compulsory .
So whats the essence of Matthew 16:18

3 Likes

Re: Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? by Nobody: 5:29pm On Dec 20, 2014
woky:
So whats the essence of Matthew 16:18

The body of Christ, not a physical building.

Read Acts 7:48

13 Likes

Re: Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? by Image123(m): 10:00pm On Dec 20, 2014
frosbel:
Every Sunday, many parents remind their children of the obligation to go 'church'. Any child who refuses to go is blackmailed, screamed at, abused and sometimes even beaten.

So my question is , if the bible says we should not provoke our children and since God is also tender with his children, why do parents use brute force to make many children go to church against their own will and then use the basics of life like shelter and money to threaten them if they fail to comply ?

Is this productive ? Could this be the reason why such families / homes are 'manufacturing' more atheists/agnostics/unfundamental Christians than those from other backgrounds?

Is a child going to church evidence that he is a Christian ?

Comments welcome.
Do you force children to go to school, or you try not to provoke them?
I don't know where you pulled your stats about what homes are manufacturing. Anyways, i believe unbelieving children of PROFESSING christians are a result of either devil's attack, hypocrisy of the parent, or not training UP the children in the Way they should go.

5 Likes

Re: Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? by mumumugu(m): 10:38pm On Dec 20, 2014
They force me to go to church

5 Likes

Re: Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? by itstpia8: 10:40pm On Dec 20, 2014
Parents should go to church and leave their babies at home?

2 Likes

Re: Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? by davien(m): 10:50pm On Dec 20, 2014
How do you expect children to believe a man walked on water fast enough if they aren't being told that every week?

7 Likes

Re: Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? by itstpia8: 10:59pm On Dec 20, 2014
That seems to be paining you somehow
Re: Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? by Longstride: 11:02pm On Dec 20, 2014
Image123:

I don't know where you pulled your stats about what homes are manufacturing. Anyways, i believe unbelieving children of PROFESSING christians are a result of either devil's attack, hypocrisy of the parent, or not training UP the children in the Way they should go.

let me understand this.
So if a child is smart enough to scrutinize information before gulping, he's under demonic attack, or his parents did a bad job training him

17 Likes

Re: Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? by Image123(m): 11:19pm On Dec 20, 2014
Longstride:

let me understand this.
So if a child is smart enough to scrutinize information before gulping, he's under demonic attack, or his parents did a bad job training him

I'm not interested.

3 Likes

Re: Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? by Nobody: 1:29am On Dec 21, 2014
Image123:

What if your son or daughter refuses to go to church with you one morning, what would you do , force him or her ?
Re: Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? by oloriooko(m): 7:48am On Dec 21, 2014
@ OP
Why were you forced to go to school?

5 Likes

Re: Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? by Maczeelly(m): 7:53am On Dec 21, 2014
Before nkan

1 Like

Re: Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? by Nobody: 7:54am On Dec 21, 2014
2 tinz

1) proverbs 22:6
New International Version
Start children off on the way they should go, and even when they are old they will not turn from it.

2) proverbs 13:24
New International Version
Whoever spares the rod hates their children, but the one who loves their children is careful to discipline them.

3 Likes

Re: Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? by EternalBeing: 7:55am On Dec 21, 2014
"Teach your children the way they should go and when they grow up, they won't depart from it" Proverbs22:6
Even you, ain't you suppose to go and give unmitigated and unalloyed praises, thanks, worship to the wonderful merciful GOD that has kept you this far?! You think say na by ur power or wisdom?! Would u rather be helped/forced to Church by these 6 strong men in the pics below?! GOD forbid it for u IJN, u shall see ur children's children. So, worship the giver and eternal owner of Life, live to please and Glorify HIM. See more:
https://www.nairaland.com/2054822/dont-wait-till-6-strong#29067882

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? by manutdadex(m): 7:56am On Dec 21, 2014
kids dont av d liberty of doin tinz their way....they shud b floged if necesary to go to church..they wil thank u latr for it!

3 Likes

Re: Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? by heroarams(m): 7:56am On Dec 21, 2014
Excuse me!!!!

If it has nothing to do with Super Sunday -Liverpool vs Arsenal match. I don't wann hear/read it.

And Z would anybody force someone to serve GOD.
Re: Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? by chronique(m): 7:57am On Dec 21, 2014
They have come again o. Always looking for an avenue to twist things. From the OP's logic,one can deduce the following:

If children refuse to go to church,don't force them

If children refuse to go to school,don't force them

If children refuse to do certain things that are right,don't force them.

The moment you give a child that doesn't know his left from his right,the liberty to do whatever he likes,you're destroying that child.

I was stubborn as a child but the strong firm hands my mum used on me,has really shapened me,and making me always go to church,helped in a million ways. I had my roots in deeper life bible church and even when I grew to become and adult and did silly things,the foundation I had from the church,really curtailed a lot of my excesses. There were things I didn't do,simply because I already knew they were wrong and even when I did some,my conscience always pricked me.

I had lots of bible books and stories as a child,played lots of Christian games and knew most of the major bible stories,had a lot of kids praise series to listen to,had almost all Don Moen and Panam Percy Paul's collection,read about Reinhard Bonke and Benny Hinn,read about the popular John Wesley even before I clocked 14 yrs old,just to mention a few. It is only a possesed child that will be raised that way and still turn away from God completely. What you feed a child at the early stages of the child's life,would shapen the child's life and would play a major role on the kind of personality the child would have as an adult.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? by ziego(m): 7:57am On Dec 21, 2014
frosbel:

Train a child the way he should grow.......

If doesn't learn to go to church now. He can't learn it at old age.

1 Like

Re: Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? by Nobody: 7:57am On Dec 21, 2014
If na by forcing peoole to go to church,This world for don change..

When u force kids or jxt any1 to go too church,dat kid wont pay attention..abi una think say na jxt by goin to church dey make person better..Think again

2 Likes

Re: Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? by didactic70: 7:58am On Dec 21, 2014
What better way to enforce spiritual n moral upbringing than going 2 church.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? by ibmmusty: 7:58am On Dec 21, 2014
Re: Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? by Nobody: 7:58am On Dec 21, 2014
I don't haVe children yet, so the question is,
do my parents force me to goto church with them every sunday?

The answer is a big YES!, because to me if you telling me how not successful I would be without going to church, you using force, and I don't care.
Re: Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? by ziego(m): 8:00am On Dec 21, 2014
Children have not got to the age of making choice. U make the choice for them.

If u feel ur children shouldn't be forced to go to church Good for u.

If u allow them choose for themselves they would never choose to be responsible.

3 Likes

Re: Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? by Rapsodee(m): 8:01am On Dec 21, 2014
Children for where?...i no marry yet ogrin
buh make i comment b4 zooming off!

Forcing them may not help the situation,just seat them down and make them understand the reason why they should go.

#Rapsodee

2 Likes

Re: Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? by lionduke(m): 8:01am On Dec 21, 2014
you can force your child to go to church, but that is not a guarantee he will turn out a Good Christian. I have seen pastor's children who grew up inside tge church but turned out to be wayward. That child will surely deviate when he or She grows up and find out that you don't practice what you preach. righteousness is of the heart not sunday sunday fronting.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

No Superior Religion In Nigeria — CAN, NSCIA / Scientist Confirm That Hell Is Real / Seeking God's Confirmation Before Marriage.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.