Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,500 members, 7,823,167 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:33 AM

Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? (12076 Views)

7 Values To Teach Our Children To Make Them Grow Into Godly Men And Women / Homeless Man Inspired Me To Go To Church Today (Photo) / PHOTOS: I Abandoned My Five Children To Become A Lesbian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? by Revolva(m): 8:33am On Dec 21, 2014
grin grin NA BY GOING TO CHURCH....NONSENSE NIGERIANS N CHURCH
Re: Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? by freezyprinzy(m): 8:34am On Dec 21, 2014
undecided
Re: Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? by skytreader(m): 8:38am On Dec 21, 2014
I fail to understand the rationale behind forcing a child to go to church. Force me to do something and you can be rest assured that I'm going to do it half-heartedly. I then wonder if the purpose of going to church is not defeated. When I was a lot younger, the endless talk used to make me go. Even then, I'd go about an hour before the Grace is said. These days, all I do is to help them lock the gate when they leave. Funny thing is, I go to church fairly regularly in school. There have been semesters where I missed church just once or twice. Just bring your child up the best way you can and let them know God- from the Bible. Church, however, is a different ball game. We all know the hood doesn't make a monk.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? by Nobody: 8:41am On Dec 21, 2014
Perfectly working TECNO p9 mini tab for sale.
Contact Me on 07064715146
Re: Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? by Richiy(f): 8:43am On Dec 21, 2014
In my house, going to church is not even debatable. In fact, if you come late and popsy catches you, your pocket money would be reduced that Sunday.

I kinda like it.

1 Like

Re: Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? by seedorfg(m): 8:43am On Dec 21, 2014
What is church ? or is it the garden of Eden hazard ..
Re: Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? by Shollay20(m): 8:43am On Dec 21, 2014
America NO PASS 9ja JOOR!!! Everything they get we get am too; They get Mohammed Alli, we get Bash Alli. They get T. pain, we get T.maya. They get T.I, we get M.I. They get 2- pac, we get 2- face. They get Beyonce, we get Tiwa savage. They get Lil wayne, We get Terry G. They get Timberland, We get DON JAZZY! They get wiz khalifa, we get wiz kid. They get Hollywood,we get nollywood They get Silicon valley, we get Computer village. They get Mac Donnalds, we get Mr. Biggs. They get Las Vegas, we get Lasgidi. They get Miami Beach, we get Lekki Beach. They get Al Paccino, we get Peter Edochie. They get Pirate of d Caribbean, we get Pirate of Aba. They get beauty and the beast we get Bianca and Ojukwu, They get Mr Bean, we get Mr Ibu, They get American Lotto, we get Baba Ijebu. They fear Al Qaeda, we fear Boko Haram abi na lieeeeee??
Like my page: https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=308283869364103

http://sholaqozeem..in/2014/12/joke-eye-problem.html

1 Like

Re: Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? by lonelydora: 8:46am On Dec 21, 2014
Train up a child in the way he should go and when he's old he will never depart from it. This is just the reason.
Re: Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? by Prince202020(m): 8:47am On Dec 21, 2014
Op, the only thing I've to tell you is that provided that you are my child, you don't have excuses not to do the right thing at the right time, my parents trained me with all amount of discipline and am so enjoying it today.

1 Like

Re: Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? by Timoleon(m): 8:52am On Dec 21, 2014
lonelydora:
Train up a child in the way he should go and when he's old he will never depart from it. This is just the reason.

When he's old he will decide which way to go!
Re: Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? by marnboy(m): 8:54am On Dec 21, 2014
Image123:

Do you force children to go to school, or you try not to provoke them?
I don't know where you pulled your stats about what homes are manufacturing. Anyways, i believe unbelieving children of PROFESSING christians are a result of either devil's attack, hypocrisy of the parent, or not training UP the children in the Way they should go.
tell am maybe he does not know d bible as much as he thinks! Rebuking, threatening etc are acts of love to put the child on the right path u hia oga op!
Re: Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? by Nobody: 8:55am On Dec 21, 2014
I dont have kids yet.
But i totally support the idea of forcing children to church, cause they would be constantly hearing the word of God and christian doctrines-which of course will make them live a good life and get to know God personally.
They may not like it at first, but continually-they would have no choice but to listen and learn the ways of God, which would make them better children, it would definitely affect their thinking and personality. That awareness that God exists is an amazing feeling. smiley
Re: Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? by NoContract(m): 8:56am On Dec 21, 2014
Image123:

I'm not interested.

What a delusional religious fool.

1 Like

Re: Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? by Nobody: 8:57am On Dec 21, 2014
Prince202020:
Op, the only thing I've to tell you is that provided that you are my child, you don't have excuses not to do the right thing at the right time, my parents trained me with all amount of discipline and am so enjoying it today.

Very good.
Re: Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? by KLand(m): 9:07am On Dec 21, 2014
Parents wouldn't have to force their kids to church if they raise their children well.

A Christian goes to church.
A student goes to school.

It is the duty of parents to guide the children.
Re: Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? by ewizard1: 9:07am On Dec 21, 2014
IMO...

They should be forced ONLY at tender age.

Theres a particular age, the child should know what is right and what is not..
At that stage, it becomes a CRIME to force a religion on your child.
Re: Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? by menesheh(m): 9:12am On Dec 21, 2014
Richard dawkins do says that it abuse of a child to force or nickname them a Christian child, a Muslim child, Jewish child etc because the child is still unlearned to decide by himself.

Totally wrong forcing a child to go to church against their wish.
Re: Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? by Richiy(f): 9:14am On Dec 21, 2014
Let me see that child of mine that will open his mouth and say am not going to church. La ye.

If you are on your own, do what you want. But under my roof, church z not debatable.
Re: Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? by Nobody: 9:14am On Dec 21, 2014
I wonder o,it happen here this morning, my landlord telling his bad boy son to go church, is not by church salvation comes,but people don't know that.
Re: Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? by CoCoLav(f): 9:15am On Dec 21, 2014
Lol. My mother needs to see this thread grin

Too tired to go to church this morning but I'm thinking of the consequence which is my mother's anger and subsequent sermon of how Christianity is a personal race and how she has tried her best for us.

Its my sister that's giving me ginger so we can skip church together. Maybe I would just show face, allow her see me then disappear.
Re: Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? by bighuntenter: 9:16am On Dec 21, 2014
By the special grace of The Lord Jesus Christ. No
Re: Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? by Nobody: 9:17am On Dec 21, 2014
Richiy:
Let me see that child of mine that will open his mouth and say am not going to church. La ye.

If you are on your own, do what you want. But under my roof, church z not debatable.
u her mother, are u save when d trumpet sound,d way am looking at u u are a bad girl. no offence
Re: Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? by Nobody: 9:19am On Dec 21, 2014
CoCoLav:
Lol. My mother needs to see this thread grin

Too tired to go to church this morning but I'm thinking of the consequence which is my mother's anger and subsequent sermon of how Christianity is a personal race and how she has tried her best for us.

Its my sister that's giving me ginger so we can skip church together. Maybe I would just show face, allow her see me then disappear.
correct. me too am tired of going to church, will u com and visit me.?
Re: Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? by EzeChux(m): 9:23am On Dec 21, 2014
It remains ironical but true. Such parents use force to get their children go to church as a necessary good but the overtime effect on such children is very often a development of aversion to going to church. Children should be encouraged, not forced to go to church. They should be made through any other means to see going to church as a pleasurable experience to indulge in. This will engender in them an inner desire to want to go church even outside their parents purview. They won't begin to see going to church as doing their parents bidding. It might not be easy on the start but once achieved, it remains a healthy habit.
Re: Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? by iamord(m): 9:31am On Dec 21, 2014
mumumugu:
They force me to go to church
I know you will get fed up of going to church.. Its not that u are evil or an unbeliever but the fact that you are forced to do what you don't want to do.. Its not every time you feel like.. But nobody will want to understand you.. Is that true love and freedom.. ?
Re: Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? by iamord(m): 9:34am On Dec 21, 2014
davien:
How do you expect children to believe a man walked on water fast enough if they aren't being told that every week?
its simple brainwash and indoctrination
Re: Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? by opcon(f): 9:34am On Dec 21, 2014
Op, u should as well ask why parents force their children to school. There is also home schooling.
Pls reprogramme
Re: Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? by iamord(m): 9:37am On Dec 21, 2014
Longstride:

let me understand this.
So if a child is smart enough to scrutinize information before gulping, he's under demonic attack, or his parents did a bad job training him

good question .. Let me answer it for you.. Those on the accusing side just show more and more that religion or their faith is less of reasoning and more of belief.. There should be no questioning contrary to the ways you have been thought, reasoning is the third eye and of the devil.. The moment you exibit such traits... Its either you are black sliding or demon possessed

1 Like

Re: Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? by CoCoLav(f): 9:42am On Dec 21, 2014
dancok:
correct. me too am tired of going to church, will u com and visit me.?

I'm not tired OF going to church, I'm too tired TO go to church today.
Re: Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? by onadana: 9:51am On Dec 21, 2014
angryWhy not.....!!!
Re: Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? by babaluckey: 9:53am On Dec 21, 2014
Forcing a child to go to church is the best way to bring up a child to know Christ. It's like forcing a child to go to school, if you don't force a child to go to school how can learn? Children are gift from God, that's why parents have to nuture them by showing them the right way to follow and embracing Jesus Christ with their heart.

Re: Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? by iamord(m): 9:55am On Dec 21, 2014
manutdadex:
kids dont av d liberty of doin tinz their way....they shud b floged if necesary to go to church..they will thank u latr for it!
but not flogged to reason What's the difference between you, today's Christianity and the post clued from king Leopold II of Belgium letter to the congolese missionaries...[b]“You will go
certainly to evangelize, but your evangelization must inspire above all Belgium interests. Your principal objective in our mission in the Congo is never to teach the niggers to know God, this they know already , Your knowledge of the gospel will allow you to find texts ordering, and encouraging your followers to love poverty, like “Happier are the poor because they will inherit the heaven” and, “It's
very difficult for the rich to enter the
kingdom of God.” You have to detach from
them and make them disrespect everything which gives courage to affront us , Your action will be directed essentially to the younger ones, for they won't revolt
when the recommendation of the priest is
contradictory to their parent's teachings.
The children have to learn to obey what the missionary recommends, who is the father of their soul. You must singularly insist on their total submission and obedience ,
teach students to read and not to reason , Evangelize the niggers so that they stay forever in submission to the white colonialists, so they never revolt against the restraints they are undergoing , Recite every day – “Happy are those who are weeping because the kingdom of God is for them.”[/b]..... I guess you all have learned from the masters .. I say thank you!!!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Finally! The Pope Agrees With Muslims “Jesus Did Not Die At The Cross” / Why Don't You Eat Before Church? / Who Is This Allah (chapter 1) By G.J.O MOSHAY

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.