Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,732 members, 7,824,065 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:46 PM

Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? (12087 Views)

7 Values To Teach Our Children To Make Them Grow Into Godly Men And Women / Homeless Man Inspired Me To Go To Church Today (Photo) / PHOTOS: I Abandoned My Five Children To Become A Lesbian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? by Nobody: 1:37pm On Dec 21, 2014
Lilshorecords:
all said is rubbish! Yo thinking faculty is low! So church isnt compulsory??

Are you a believer ?

1 Like

Re: Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? by manutdadex(m): 2:08pm On Dec 21, 2014
iamord:
but not flogged to reason What's the difference between you, today's Christianity and the post clued from king Leopold II of Belgium letter to the congolese missionaries...[b]“You will go
certainly to evangelize, but your evangelization must inspire above all Belgium interests. Your principal objective in our mission in the Congo is never to teach the niggers to know God, this they know already , Your knowledge of the gospel will allow you to find texts ordering, and encouraging your followers to love poverty, like “Happier are the poor because they will inherit the heaven” and, “It's
very difficult for the rich to enter the
kingdom of God.” You have to detach from
them and make them disrespect everything which gives courage to affront us , Your action will be directed essentially to the younger ones, for they won't revolt
when the recommendation of the priest is
contradictory to their parent's teachings.
The children have to learn to obey what the missionary recommends, who is the father of their soul. You must singularly insist on their total submission and obedience ,
teach students to read and not to reason , Evangelize the niggers so that they stay forever in submission to the white colonialists, so they never revolt against the restraints they are undergoing , Recite every day – “Happy are those who are weeping because the kingdom of God is for them.”[/b]..... I guess you all have learned from the masters .. I say thank you!!!

i resemble congolese?? Do u av kids or are u close to one? If u are, u wil understnd dat dis kids dont reason! But dey need guidiance in all forms includin.....cane!
Re: Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? by iamord(m): 2:24pm On Dec 21, 2014
manutdadex:
i resemble congolese?? Do u av kids or are u close to one? If u are, u wil understnd dat dis kids dont reason! But dey need guidiance in all forms includin.....cane!
. Just look how u dodged everything I said. Keep deceiving yourself. I have said my own!
Re: Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? by holums(m): 3:15pm On Dec 21, 2014
It is necessary for children to go to d church so as not to be wayward...........parents do force their children at certain age in order for them not to go astray,after all children are d heritage of d Lord but at times it work for some parents but It's not a guarantee of being a good child cos some children wil stil manoeuvre their way............forcing children to do things is an African way of life!
Re: Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? by Image123(m): 8:07pm On Dec 21, 2014
frosbel:

Look at the comment above this one. While one must go to school to learn different subjects, church is not a recipe for raising a godly child, indeed most children remain 'believers' either due to the fear of parents or financial dependence. Remove these factors and trust me they will rather stay at home.

God does not expect us to force free moral agents to like him, that's just nonsense. He wants us to use our godly lives to guide our children to the truth. Beating and screaming at children to attend church when they have not committed any sin is provoking them and child abuse.

What would you do if your child refused to go to school?
Re: Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? by hero31x(m): 8:57pm On Dec 21, 2014
Pls read Gen.18:19
Re: Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? by Nobody: 9:16pm On Dec 21, 2014
CoCoLav:

Sure why not, We can be online friends smiley
then let share pin or phone number
Re: Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? by rezzy: 4:39am On Dec 22, 2014
ziego:
Children have not got to the age of making choice. U make the choice for them.

If u feel ur children shouldn't be forced to go to church Good for u.

If u allow them choose for themselves they would never choose to be responsible.

true talk
Re: Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? by rezzy: 4:44am On Dec 22, 2014
Timoleon:
The most boring line I hear often is this "train up a chil in the way he should go...." I was trained to go to church dutifully, as a child I participated in different church programme, conversant with the bible, won various bible competitions sword drills, survival of the fittest... Long story short, I don't go to church again. Tell me I wasn't trained in the way I should go!

hummm, should i say yes or no now?

Are you morally upright?

tweetobyte:
Force Them To Church, But You Can't Force Them To Pray Or Listen To The Word Of God.

No sunday afternun rice for you if you cant say what you were taught. Trust my mum den.
Re: Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? by rezzy: 5:17am On Dec 22, 2014
frosbel:

He acquired music skills which is different from being godly in word, deed and conduct.

Besides, we are not commanded to force anyone to be a Christian.

If he wasn't forced, he wouldnt have acquired that skills.

frosbel:
Sunday Sunday church is not the recipe for raising up godly children without the good example and ethical upbringing of the parents. Do not expect pastors or Sunday school teachers to raise your children, that is not their responsibility.

I quite agree with this.
Children dont knw their left from right that is why parents force them to do visually everything. Most parents dnt talk to their children or show example so they feel its the duty of the church to instil godly behaviour in their children. But to some extend, dnt you think the church does that especially sunday school?

Im still thinking abt what you said. Church, physical building, congregation, assembly.

Would i be right if i gather my family, do our prayers and bible teaching at home without going to a physical building (church) year in year out?

CoCoLav:
Lol. My mother needs to see this thread grin

Too tired to go to church this morning but I'm thinking of the consequence which is my mother's anger and subsequent sermon of how Christianity is a personal race and how she has tried her best for us.

Its my sister that's giving me ginger so we can skip church together. Maybe I would just show face, allow her see me then disappear.

I was once like you. Nepa shouldnt bring light on sunday morning ooo, if not, no church again even if am dressed up already. I used both T.fare and offering as excuse.

Sometimes, when is getting to the time she will return, i will sun my clothes and scarf outside. Just to deceive her i went to church..

Thru out my 100L, i didnt go to church, then the rest years, once in a month except my friends force me. I wasnt born again but was self righteous and i kept my morals.

Then, i mocked those that go to church and still commited sin knowingly.
Re: Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? by ask4slimjay: 5:58am On Dec 23, 2014
ziego:

Your parents have Don their duty.
God is their witness.
Now u choose your life style.
It's non of ur parents business.

Would u have known What u would have become if u werent forced to church.

Who knows if u would have been in prison by now.

Go thank your parents ooo
chai!...bad ass mouth

1 Like

Re: Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? by brocab: 9:43pm On Feb 04, 2016
Parents do it because they were taught the same way. And in most cases through generations you will find they were taught by either the Catholic Church, all some other religious group, parents do want the best for their children right?
And in many cases the children usually re-bell against their parents blaming God and the Church just for a silly reason to become an Atheist.
Every Sunday, many parents remind their children of the obligation to go 'church'. Any child who refuses to go is blackmailed, screamed at, abused and sometimes even beaten.

So my question is , if the bible says we should not provoke our children and since God is also tender with his children, why do parents use brute force to make many children go to church against their own will and then use the basics of life like shelter and money to threaten them if they fail to comply ?

Is this productive ? Could this be the reason why such families / homes are 'manufacturing' more atheists/agnostics/unfundamental Christians than those from other backgrounds?

Is a child going to church evidence that he is a Christian ?

Comments welcome.
Re: Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? by brocab: 4:32am On Sep 05, 2016
When two or three are gathered in Jesus name, He is in the mist of us.
No where in the bible does it say a Church building, is the key to paradise. Even non believing Christians go to church..
woky:
Ar you trying to say that 'Church' is not necessary?? Pls ansa with YES or NO

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? / The Internet Has Become A Church For Atheists / What's Your Prophecy For 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.