Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,124 members, 7,814,941 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

Ambode At Ambode/ndigbo Campaign Office In Festac.. PICS... - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ambode At Ambode/ndigbo Campaign Office In Festac.. PICS... (23273 Views)

Buhari Did Not Visit Chibok - GMB Campaign Office / Six Killed, Many Hospitalized As Buhari Supporters Raze PDP Campaign Office / Segun Adewale Allegedly Fires Shots Into APC Campaign Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ambode At Ambode/ndigbo Campaign Office In Festac.. PICS... by MrMcJay(m): 2:31pm On Dec 21, 2014
rudedough:

That's an error of generalizing. I've never called Lagos a no man's land. Not on this forum, not away from keyboard. I believe those who do say it to bruise your ego.

No Nwa-afor Igbo will consciously delve into Yoruba politics. What we are saying is that we pay taxes to LASG so we have a stake in Lagos state and we demand that the proceeds be used to develop our markets. We also want the expulsion of thugs who collect all sorts of levies from our traders and customers. We pay shop permit, income tax, lockup shop, canopy, tv and radio licence, security, LAWMA, council tax et cetera. Will it be too much if we ask our Govt to stop overtaxing our businesses using his thugs to harrass and collect owo loading, owo container, owo chairman, owo offloading, owo parking (even when the Govt didn't create any parking lot) from business owners and potential customers?

Let's be true to ourselves, do we really need thugs running around with sticks in a mega city?

I once lived in Aba and I must tell you that more taxes are collected at Ariaria market. The traders there are not complaining, and even non-indigenes find it very difficult to get stalls and shops there due to tribalism.

Yet, you come to Lagos and you complain about taxes. Oyo State Govt stops roadside trading and you start screaming tribalism. I think you are just being hypocritical.

As you travel this December, I need you to think deep and ask yourself if you want Lagos to be like Aba cos Yorubas would never would let that happen.

Have a great day.

3 Likes

Re: Ambode At Ambode/ndigbo Campaign Office In Festac.. PICS... by Nobody: 2:36pm On Dec 21, 2014
Citadelbot:

Bro, Ibos are not the ONLY traders in Lagos. We have Hausa at Alaba rago, and some other places. We have Yorubas at Oke arin, Idumota and everywhere and they are not taxed differently. This victim mentality card is so wrong, we have Yorubas/Hausa in the east as well. Why are you not complaining about the tout at Upper Iweka that extort people there. So they are executive agbero right? Lagos is not about Ibos alone, we have other tribes there too so you guys should take it easy.

Now this is where you're getting it wrong. Who isn't a victim of extortion in Lagos? Does that make me have a "victim mentality"? Yes it does. Should i be ashamed of my predicarment? Hell NO!

Because the Hausas at Alaba Rago don't complain does not in any way make extortion from holigans justifiable. Our Govt should be held responsible whether the complains comes from the Igbo community or not. The thugs in Upper iweka are of little concern to me because i don't live or do business there.

My concern is with LASG where my tax money goes to and i shall not be afraid to demand for accountability from my Govt. Let those who have a stake in Anambra, Imo, Abia, Enugu demand their right from their Govt while i demand mine from Lagos state Govt because truth is i've never paid N1 in tax to any Govt outside Lagos.
Re: Ambode At Ambode/ndigbo Campaign Office In Festac.. PICS... by Firefire(m): 2:40pm On Dec 21, 2014
Scatterboss:

Apologies for calling you paid, but your post is always like that of a paid devoted agent and [s]Idumose once said you guys stole ballot box for some politician in Lagos [/s]grin cheesy. Anyway, Thank you for admitting that PDP is a failed entity and GEJ has under performed. Why are you then supporting a failed entity? Anything is better than GEJ at the moment, we need a firm and no nonsense man at the center, i will rather go for a Buhari than the slowpoke at the center. We should try Buhari for 4 years, if he mess up then we vote for another person, till we get it right.

This same Lagos you want a change, is like a model to other states. You don't want change at the center but want in Lagos. Lmaooooo. The same Agbaje you are rooting for is a boy to Tinubu, he solely supply drugs to all general hospital in Lagos. We don't want anything PDP in SW, Eti Osa is my local government and my mum from Epe ( Lagosian both side), am comfortable with Fashola in Lag. Bode George is a no no no.....

Now let me discuss with you a little while...

The parameters for judging GEJ is not applicable to others ahead of him.

- GEJ inherited terrorism (boko haram) and it went spiral due to the body language of the opposition (Always castigating his every move) Don’t introduce state of emergency, don’t do this, don’t do that.

- The opposition party thinking they can demonized GEJ with insult and media lies, hoping to get sympathy from Nigerians will simple not work and it’s failing already.

- Yes! Jonathan have every opportunities to have become a loved bride like Fashola 2nd Term debate but he missed the track. There is still hope.

- Opposition is not strict in the time of others like the time of Jonathan, because GEJ gives all a level playing ground. Did you noticed what Tinubu did to opposition in Lagos Painful!

- What GEJ has done, OBJ did not achieve in his 8 Years rule, common Sango Otta road leading to his farm he cannot fix.

Lagos was only a model because Fashola refused to listen to Tinubu sharing formula in his 1st term.

Nigerians need change, yes, but definitely not the change in Major General Mohamodu Buhari Rtd. @ 72 + 8 = 80

The conclusion of the matter is Goodluck Ebele Jonathan must be allowed to finish his 2nd term and we now check if PDP should continue or we try another fellow or party.

For Lagos: Are you really Happy with Tinubu privatization of Lagos state to the benefit of his business empire

I understand BAT allowed Party Primaries this year, the first of it kinds. But that is not enough.

We also need a change of taste and leadership style in LAGOS STATE.

1 Like

Re: Ambode At Ambode/ndigbo Campaign Office In Festac.. PICS... by lolababe331e: 2:44pm On Dec 21, 2014
We don't want a change that will hand over Lagos to an ex convict. Most of the states that are been ruled by PDP are the worst states in Nigeria. The people in PDP control states are running to Lagos for survival . At the centre PDP is a failure, at the state level they fail. Only a mad man will hand over something that is working to people who are only good at failing undecided

Bode George and his prison friends and his stooge Agbaje will never get a hand on Lagos. Let them not come and turn Lagos to kirikiri since that us where they graduated from

5 Likes

Re: Ambode At Ambode/ndigbo Campaign Office In Festac.. PICS... by jaysniggs: 2:52pm On Dec 21, 2014
rudedough:

How hypocritical? Lagos is NOT Yoruba territory, Lagos is Lagosians' territory. Amosun is an alien from Ondo state while Agbaje is a true Lagosian from Ikorodu. It will only be fair if the affair of Govt is left to true Lagosians in their own state.

How convenient is it for you to say it is fair for an alien from Ondo to wrestle power with an indigene of Lagos in Lagos state? How many Lagosians have governed your state? Later you'll accuse Igbos of being converteous.

Hahahaha
Just read what you wrote again and question your intelligence yourself.
You reason as if Ondo isn't part of the Yoruba race. Osun,Ogun,Oyo,Ekiti,Kwara and of course Lagos.
The Yorubas aren't divided if you are in doubt.

2 Likes

Re: Ambode At Ambode/ndigbo Campaign Office In Festac.. PICS... by Nobody: 2:55pm On Dec 21, 2014
MrMcJay:

I once lived in Aba and I must tell you that more taxes are collected at Ariaria market. The traders there are not complaining, and even non-indigenes find it very difficult to get stalls and shops there due to tribalism.

Yet, you come to Lagos and you complain about taxes. Oyo State Govt stops roadside trading and you start screaming tribalism. I think you are just being hypocritical.

As you travel this December, I need you to think deep and ask yourself if you want Lagos to be like Aba cos Yorubas would never would let that happen.

Have a great day.

Let me guess, you didn't do anything about it. You didn't file a complaint, you didn't write your state liason office to report the problem, you let it go because it's Igbo land. Are you not among the problem of Nigeria? Never be ashamed to ask for equality and accountability from your Govt of residence.

I'm done here.
Re: Ambode At Ambode/ndigbo Campaign Office In Festac.. PICS... by MrMcJay(m): 3:27pm On Dec 21, 2014
rudedough:

Let me guess, you didn't do anything about it. You didn't file a complaint, you didn't write your state liason office to report the problem, you let it go because it's Igbo land. Are you not among the problem of Nigeria? Never be ashamed to ask for equality and accountability from your Govt of residence.

I'm done here.

It is people like you that bedevil Nigeria. Hypocritically demanding accountability from your Govt of Residence but supporting a thieving Federal Government because of primordial and ethnic bias.

Your children would not be regarded as indigenes of Lagos, likewise mine (despite the fact that I was born in Lagos Island). What step have you taken to ensure that the state where their progenitors hail from is properly governed?

As for me, I travelled to collect my PVC. I would go back to mobilize voters against Drug barons, convicts, murderers and the Clueless one himself. No to TAOrji and Akala-class failures here in Yoruba land.
Re: Ambode At Ambode/ndigbo Campaign Office In Festac.. PICS... by ASL33: 4:00pm On Dec 21, 2014
Is this a sign that Igbos hold the key?
Re: Ambode At Ambode/ndigbo Campaign Office In Festac.. PICS... by cosajadi: 4:16pm On Dec 21, 2014
VirginFinder:
Igbos have no choice but accept our (Yoruba's) choice.
Btw, when is the Igbo candidate, Bob Okoroji of APGA, kicking off his campaign?
It'll be fun to watch the clown.
hehehe
Bros, if the clown garners up to 500 votes he should be thanking God. Gubernatorial election in lagos is not a child play.
Re: Ambode At Ambode/ndigbo Campaign Office In Festac.. PICS... by PhockPhockMan: 4:31pm On Dec 21, 2014
arresa:

https://m.facebook.com/Akinwunmi.Ambode?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C1966592028
Op, this your camera belong to history o o. Upon say you dey follow follow APigC. No give person appollo o o.

Mtcheeeew.
Re: Ambode At Ambode/ndigbo Campaign Office In Festac.. PICS... by Nobody: 5:09pm On Dec 21, 2014
Francis5:
Igbo becoming 50% of Lagos since 1945.
They may vote whoever in the state polls, but GEJ in the federal one.

1000 likes. You are right! I don't of any ethnic group that plays politics like the Igbos. They play it very sensibly to gain in all ends. They will support the major party in federal election but support the state or regional party in state and local elections. They do this in unison and has worked in their favor very well. Don't forget that Govs. Orji ( won under PPA and APGA), Obi (APGA) and Rochas(APGA) all won under non PDP parties and at the same time the SE people voted unanimously for PDP - Yara'Adua and GEJ.
Re: Ambode At Ambode/ndigbo Campaign Office In Festac.. PICS... by Scatterboss(m): 5:13pm On Dec 21, 2014
Firefire:

Now let me discuss with you a little while...

The parameters for judging GEJ is not applicable to others ahead of him.

- GEJ inherited terrorism (boko haram) and it went spiral due to the body language of the opposition (Always castigating his every move) Don’t introduce state of emergency, don’t do this, don’t do that.

- The opposition party thinking they can demonized GEJ with insult and media lies, hoping to get sympathy from Nigerians will simple not work and it’s failing already.

- Yes! Jonathan have every opportunities to have become a loved bride like Fashola 2nd Term debate but he missed the track. There is still hope.

- Opposition is not strict in the time of others like the time of Jonathan, because GEJ gives all a level playing ground. Did you noticed what Tinubu did to opposition in Lagos Painful!

- What GEJ has done, OBJ did not achieve in his 8 Years rule, common Sango Otta road leading to his farm he cannot fix.

Lagos was only a model because Fashola refused to listen to Tinubu sharing formula in his 1st term.

Nigerians need change, yes, but definitely not the change in Major General Mohamodu Buhari Rtd. @ 72 + 8 = 80

The conclusion of the matter is Goodluck Ebele Jonathan must be allowed to finish his 2nd term and we now check if PDP should continue or we try another fellow or party.

For Lagos: Are you really Happy with Tinubu privatization of Lagos state to the benefit of his business empire

I understand BAT allowed Party Primaries this year, the first of it kinds. But that is not enough.

We also need a change of taste and leadership style in LAGOS STATE.

What parameters are you talking about. Did we vote him to compete with the predecessors, cos i dont understand when you guys tell us that Obasanjo is bad, so we should free GEJ. So because Obasanjo is bad then GEJ should be allowed to do worse? How did he inherit terrorism? We remember the case of Henry Okah confession, how GEJ tried to frame the northerners and IBB of independence day bomb blast, Pls be honest. Imagine, terrorism went spiral due to the body language of the opposition. Whats the meaning of that? Lmaoooo. You make me remember the statement of GEJ that if he talk, some people will feel one kind. lolzzzz. He is the CinC not the opposition, stop blaming the opposition for his woes. He is just a weak man that is bereft of ideas and logic, very simple.

Moreover, how is he giving the opposition level playing ground. Is it the victimization of Amaechi, the grounding of his jet, the governors forum issue, the Sanusi central bank issue, the leadership newspaper issue, the recent Tambuwal issue and the bursting of APC data center e.t.c I dont think you are honest, just admit you want your party to continue and we will understand you. In a sane country, he would have been impeached. You agree he is incompetent, but we should allow him continue. Pathetic.

1 Like

Re: Ambode At Ambode/ndigbo Campaign Office In Festac.. PICS... by Drone007: 5:16pm On Dec 21, 2014
Citadelbot:

Bro, Ibos are not the ONLY traders in Lagos. We have Hausa at Alaba rago, and some other places. We have Yorubas at Oke arin, Idumota and everywhere and they are not taxed differently. This victim mentality card is so wrong, we have Yorubas/Hausa in the east as well. Why are you not complaining about the tout at Upper Iweka that extort people there. So they are executive agbero right? Lagos is not about Ibos alone, we have other tribes there too so you guys should take it easy.
The tout at Upper Iweka does not justify the agbero in Lagos, and vice versa. Likewise, the Hausas at Alaba rago and the Yoruba at Oke arin & Idumotado not complaining about the agbero phenomenon and rash of taxes while the Igbo at sundry markets do need not single them out for profiling. Plural democracy is only sustainable when the political and economic space is built on the foundation of a Broad Coalition of interests and forces. So conversations like these are very important. But let's stick with the issues!
Re: Ambode At Ambode/ndigbo Campaign Office In Festac.. PICS... by Citadelbot: 5:21pm On Dec 21, 2014
Drone007:

The tout at Upper Iweka does not justify the agbero in Lagos, and vice versa. Likewise, the Hausas at Alaba rago and the Yoruba at Oke arin & Idumotado not complaining about the agbero phenomenon and rash of taxes while the Igbo at sundry markets do need not single them out for profiling. The beauty of plurakism and democracy

?? I dont understand you bro.
Re: Ambode At Ambode/ndigbo Campaign Office In Festac.. PICS... by Newshunter: 10:53am On Dec 22, 2014
Whether I be not an Ibo does not count here, but the history and clear facts count. So hear me out. Ibos by last census report was a whopping 47% of Lagos population (you can verify with National Statistics and National Population Commission) which means Ibos decide who wins in Lagos. Already Ibos are for GEJ, so any winning not by PDP or APGA in Lagos State is rigging and will not be accepted.

One wonders when APC claims that Lagos will go APC. How can any reasonable Ibo vote for APC BuHar who is accused for sponsoring BoHar, an evil Islamists who have targeted and killed so many Ibos. Buhari has been known to a be hater of Ibos. During his military reign he broke Ibos' warehouses and auction their goods without compensation, jailed Ekwueme (Vice President) who committed no offence and set free Shagari (then president) cos he is his fulani brother) even though Shagari was main the head of govt. Injustices, killed many without judgement.

The list can go on an on. So anyone saying Ibos will vote APC in Lagos state is deceiving you. Not to talk of Fashola of APC recent repatriation of some Ibos from Lagos. Please lets leave talk. I know many tribalists and sentimentalists will attack this write up but such attack cannot change the truth. The truth is that in the heart of every Ibo man APC winning spells doom. It will be " To your tents Oh Israel" no portion in the son of Agar.

Neither Buhari nor Tinubu nor Fashola ever condemned the killing of Ibos when it was clear at beginning of Bokoharam onslaught in the country BH was targeting mostly Ibos in market, parks, and in any Ibo dominated churches in the North. These men did not condemn that. Again the organized, beating and sacking of Ibo traders in ladipo and other markets in Lagos using police and Agberos by the Lagso APC govt tells the sour hatred of the Ibos by APC govt, and therefore it sounds surprising to expect these people to support and re-elect them.

Thank God a person of Agbaje with wonderful personality has been chosen by PDP. Ibos cannot vote those who only recognise them when they need their vote and support who will later dump them and enslave them. Think of losses during Tinubu's closure of markets whenever he has any family event. Which means there will be national holidays if APC wins at centre each time Tinubu has any family occasion/event. God forbids.
Re: Ambode At Ambode/ndigbo Campaign Office In Festac.. PICS... by Newshunter: 11:00am On Dec 22, 2014
To tell the deception and what is in the true mind of Ibo, in Lagos see the picture showing the Ibo chief was covered in darkness and one cannot figure who he was that portrayed as Eze or chief. None of the Ibo respected and prominent personality will come out and support APC.
Re: Ambode At Ambode/ndigbo Campaign Office In Festac.. PICS... by farem: 10:33am On Dec 23, 2014
[color=#000099][/color]
Arch1:
I hope Ambode will take his campaign to Idi Araba also. The Hausa community in Lagos are waiting for him and they'l massively vote for APC

Idi-araba 'descendants' are almost a done-deal for APC. If in doubt, go to Mile 12 Market.

1 Like

Re: Ambode At Ambode/ndigbo Campaign Office In Festac.. PICS... by dridowu: 12:40pm On Apr 13, 2015
KwoiZabo:
Ambode its too late we can't endure another of Tinubu's slave at Alausa for another 4 Yrs. we need change. we need Agbaje, LP, NCP or any other thing but not Tiifnubu's boyboy with head like potato. Fashola has a reputation to protect sef but this Ambode will milk us dry. We are really in trouble in Lagos.
hello i hope you are moving out of lagos since Ambode will be taking over from Fashola ?
Re: Ambode At Ambode/ndigbo Campaign Office In Festac.. PICS... by KwoiZabo(m): 2:10pm On Apr 13, 2015
dridowu:
hello i hope you are moving out of lagos since Ambode will be taking over from Fashola ?
I'm working on that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan Is One Of The Best Presidents In The World – Jerry Gana / Aisha Buhari Hosts Women Leaders From All 36 States Of Nigeria (Photos) / Asari Dokubo Condemns Attack On Ekweremadu, Says Nnamdi Kanu Is A Monster(Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.