Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,012 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:10 AM

Top-7 Crazy Things That Happen While You Sleep - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Top-7 Crazy Things That Happen While You Sleep (32849 Views)

16 Bizarre Things Your Body Does While You Sleep / Be Careful Who You Sleep With / Five Things You Must Not Do Before You Sleep (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top-7 Crazy Things That Happen While You Sleep by sunquiyahki(m): 6:32pm On Dec 20, 2014
Mostly sleep is a totally unremarkable event. But a lot of us have at least once experienced some bizarre behaviors at night.

I decided to decode some of the weirdest things that start happening when we close our eyes.

1. Falling

It is also known as a hypnagogic jerk. It tends to happen when you have just fallen asleep. When you dream your body is paralyzed. Sometimes you can start dreaming before your body turns into the ‘sleeping mode’. Your brain enters into sleep cycles more aggressively, but your body hasn’t caught up. With these hypnagogic jerks, you have a dream like falling off a cliff, falling from the sky, or tripping.

2. Sleep paralysis

You want to wake up in the morning, but you realize you can’t even move a muscle or speak. This state can last for several minutes and it is extremely terrifying. In fact it is the opposite to what happens to your body during the hypnagogic jerks. Your brain wakes up before the paralysis which is typical of a deep sleep.

3. Sleepwalking

A lot of sleep-related behaviors are harmless. The most dangerous one among them is sleepwalking. You can even leave your house, walk into something or get behind the wheel. During the sleepwalking you are conscious enough for your body to move but not enough for your brain to be awake. That’s why you can remember nothing about it.

4. Sleeptalking

5 out of 100 adults talk while sleeping. Pillow talk-sessions usually last about 30 seconds. It usually happens during the first hours of sleep. Your body seems to be entering into the deep stage of sleeping but there are still some muscle tones to produce sounds or movements that may accompany your dreams.

5. Recurring dreams

In the course of dreaming your brain is trying to sort out some things. Recurring dreams happen when your brain wants to sort out some psychological issues.

6. Sleep s ex

About 8 percent of adults reported some accidents of initiating s ex with a partner while asleep. This phenomenon is similar to sleepwalking. Your brain is not awake enough to be conscious. It is possible if you were dreaming about s ex before you went to bed.

7. Exploding head syndrome

Suddenly a person wakes up having a headache after having heard a loud noise. In reality nothing like that actually happened. It is a variation of a hypnagogic jerk. Your senses were turned on but your body is still paralyzed

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Top-7 Crazy Things That Happen While You Sleep by dannydaniels(m): 6:37pm On Dec 20, 2014
ok
Re: Top-7 Crazy Things That Happen While You Sleep by Seyioluwa11(m): 6:43pm On Dec 20, 2014
just incase
Re: Top-7 Crazy Things That Happen While You Sleep by LillyAnne(f): 6:49pm On Dec 20, 2014
sunquiyahki:

2. Sleep paralysis

You want to wake up in the morning, but you realize you can’t even move a muscle or speak. This state can last for several minutes and it is extremely terrifying. In fact it is the opposite to what happens to your body during the hypnagogic jerks. Your brain wakes up before the paralysis which is typical of a deep sleep.

The first time this happened to me, I begged God to have mercy on me and accept me if that was how I was going to die.

3. Sleepwalking

A lot of sleep-related behaviors are harmless. The most dangerous one among them is sleepwalking. You can even leave your house, walk into something or get behind the wheel. During the sleepwalking you are conscious enough for your body to move but not enough for your brain to be awake. That’s why you can remember nothing about it.

The Tomorrow People

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top-7 Crazy Things That Happen While You Sleep by sunquiyahki(m): 6:56pm On Dec 20, 2014
[quote author=LillyAnne post=29056971][/quote]
....can't stop laughing.
Re: Top-7 Crazy Things That Happen While You Sleep by shakazuldadon: 7:29pm On Dec 20, 2014
sleep paralysis has me shouting JESUS..

3 Likes

Re: Top-7 Crazy Things That Happen While You Sleep by Nobody: 7:42pm On Dec 20, 2014
Sleep paralysis is very scary, it's the only reason I hate living alone. I sleep with the lights on embarassed

10 Likes

Re: Top-7 Crazy Things That Happen While You Sleep by Beehshorp(m): 12:37pm On Dec 21, 2014
Sleep-messing this occurs when u place ur tummy on the foam with ur ass facing d ceiling if God wan kun punish u make una plenty for d room

16 Likes

Re: Top-7 Crazy Things That Happen While You Sleep by Sylvarresta(m): 12:38pm On Dec 21, 2014
excelsia:
Sleep paralysis is very scary, it's the only reason I hate living alone. I sleep with the lights on embarassed
Me too

3 Likes

Re: Top-7 Crazy Things That Happen While You Sleep by timilehing(m): 12:39pm On Dec 21, 2014
Hmmmmm. Happy Sunday
Re: Top-7 Crazy Things That Happen While You Sleep by Ozilla(m): 12:40pm On Dec 21, 2014
wat of pple dat laff during sleep,
pple attending general meetin n reunion in covens in sleep,
pple kickin dia spouse on bed lik torres wen sleepin, wat do u call dose?

4 Likes

Re: Top-7 Crazy Things That Happen While You Sleep by Nobody: 12:40pm On Dec 21, 2014
excelsia:
Its not scary when you know what it is.
Re: Top-7 Crazy Things That Happen While You Sleep by DesChyko: 12:40pm On Dec 21, 2014
Nobody has mentioned this

As if you all want to pretend you don't fart or 'mess' while sleepingangryangry

1 Like

Re: Top-7 Crazy Things That Happen While You Sleep by timilehing(m): 12:40pm On Dec 21, 2014
Seyioluwa11:
just incase
dannydaniels:
ok
Beehshorp:
K
Drsmith01:
J
Even on Sunday
Re: Top-7 Crazy Things That Happen While You Sleep by Precious91(m): 12:40pm On Dec 21, 2014
Lols.That's why some people believe sleep is a mini death.

2 Likes

Re: Top-7 Crazy Things That Happen While You Sleep by Tval(m): 12:41pm On Dec 21, 2014
What about dreaming about something, 10 seconds after you wakeup, that thing will happen.

1 Like

Re: Top-7 Crazy Things That Happen While You Sleep by hismond(m): 12:41pm On Dec 21, 2014
ise aiye

this one is STRONG!!!
Re: Top-7 Crazy Things That Happen While You Sleep by adepiero: 12:41pm On Dec 21, 2014
OP! it is not sleep sex the proper word is wet dream and it happens to virtually everybody irrespective of gender.

1 Like

Re: Top-7 Crazy Things That Happen While You Sleep by Bsmartt(m): 12:41pm On Dec 21, 2014
That means we are half dead while asleep. interesting!
Re: Top-7 Crazy Things That Happen While You Sleep by festwiz(m): 12:41pm On Dec 21, 2014
God punish you, you con go "sleep sex" with a guy. Na e you go see fire.

. The wiz iz aut
Re: Top-7 Crazy Things That Happen While You Sleep by MecTessy(m): 12:42pm On Dec 21, 2014
Noted
Re: Top-7 Crazy Things That Happen While You Sleep by Abdgafarplenty(m): 12:42pm On Dec 21, 2014
like think I have a PH.D in sleep talking! if I get married ma partner gonna help in recording ma conversation!

maybe alien exist nd that's how they communicate with us!

still looking for cure to it

Nah cello tape day work till permanent solution comes

7 Likes

Re: Top-7 Crazy Things That Happen While You Sleep by TRADELYN: 12:43pm On Dec 21, 2014
I love sleeping...

I sleep like a baby...

Don't disturb me whenever I'm asleep.
grin angry grin
Re: Top-7 Crazy Things That Happen While You Sleep by stanisbaratheon: 12:44pm On Dec 21, 2014
can all these happen to one person??
Re: Top-7 Crazy Things That Happen While You Sleep by lilmax(m): 12:44pm On Dec 21, 2014
Winch will press somebody grin
Re: Top-7 Crazy Things That Happen While You Sleep by bobharro: 12:44pm On Dec 21, 2014
The sleep paralysis is scary doe, u even believe in that moment u are been pressed by witchies and next thing na Jesus or u are dying , so scary doe

9 Likes

Re: Top-7 Crazy Things That Happen While You Sleep by UnknownT: 12:44pm On Dec 21, 2014
Most times i sleep facing up especially in the afternoon, i usually have sleep paralysis

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top-7 Crazy Things That Happen While You Sleep by stebanj: 12:45pm On Dec 21, 2014
chai shocked dat sleep sex was really a big issue oh...@ a time i thought i had sold my soul to the DEVIL undecided
Re: Top-7 Crazy Things That Happen While You Sleep by itsabdul(m): 12:45pm On Dec 21, 2014
interesting

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Diseases You Didn’t Know That Mosquitoes Give (photo) / Ijeoma Akunyili Appointed Chief Medical Officer By Jersey City Medical Center US / Hawker Spotted Refilling Her Bottled Water With Unsafe Water (pics/video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.