Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,713 members, 7,831,242 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:01 PM

Top-7 Crazy Things That Happen While You Sleep - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Top-7 Crazy Things That Happen While You Sleep (32869 Views)

16 Bizarre Things Your Body Does While You Sleep / Be Careful Who You Sleep With / Five Things You Must Not Do Before You Sleep (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top-7 Crazy Things That Happen While You Sleep by Ogoanita(f): 4:01pm On Dec 21, 2014
timilehing:
Even on Sunday
undecided i wonder o, no jst mind them lol
Re: Top-7 Crazy Things That Happen While You Sleep by viper07: 4:26pm On Dec 21, 2014
i dnt sleep sad
Re: Top-7 Crazy Things That Happen While You Sleep by queenbesha(f): 4:41pm On Dec 21, 2014
Billyonaire:
Its not scary when you know what it is.

It is actually really scary. Maybe u have nt experienced it before! angry
Re: Top-7 Crazy Things That Happen While You Sleep by MistadeRegal(m): 4:55pm On Dec 21, 2014
Some demons do this not your brain pals.......It's an attack to take control of a special ability in you. Do not take everything the philisopher's way of seeing things.

1 Like

Re: Top-7 Crazy Things That Happen While You Sleep by lizbum(f): 5:37pm On Dec 21, 2014
shakazuldadon:
sleep paralysis has me shouting JESUS..

Lmao...I can imagine
Re: Top-7 Crazy Things That Happen While You Sleep by Chibuway(m): 5:50pm On Dec 21, 2014
sunquiyahki:
Mostly sleep is a totally unremarkable event. But a lot of us have at least once experienced some bizarre behaviors at night.

I decided to decode some of the weirdest things that start happening when we close our eyes.

1. Falling

It is also known as a hypnagogic jerk. It tends to happen when you have just fallen asleep. When you dream your body is paralyzed. Sometimes you can start dreaming before your body turns into the ‘sleeping mode’. Your brain enters into sleep cycles more aggressively, but your body hasn’t caught up. With these hypnagogic jerks, you have a dream like falling off a cliff, falling from the sky, or tripping.

2. Sleep paralysis

You want to wake up in the morning, but you realize you can’t even move a muscle or speak. This state can last for several minutes and it is extremely terrifying. In fact it is the opposite to what happens to your body during the hypnagogic jerks. Your brain wakes up before the paralysis which is typical of a deep sleep.

3. Sleepwalking

A lot of sleep-related behaviors are harmless. The most dangerous one among them is sleepwalking. You can even leave your house, walk into something or get behind the wheel. During the sleepwalking you are conscious enough for your body to move but not enough for your brain to be awake. That’s why you can remember nothing about it.

4. Sleeptalking

5 out of 100 adults talk while sleeping. Pillow talk-sessions usually last about 30 seconds. It usually happens during the first hours of sleep. Your body seems to be entering into the deep stage of sleeping but there are still some muscle tones to produce sounds or movements that may accompany your dreams.

5. Recurring dreams

In the course of dreaming your brain is trying to sort out some things. Recurring dreams happen when your brain wants to sort out some psychological issues.

6. Sleep s ex

About 8 percent of adults reported some accidents of initiating s ex with a partner while asleep. This phenomenon is similar to sleepwalking. Your brain is not awake enough to be conscious. It is possible if you were dreaming about s ex before you went to bed.

7. Exploding head syndrome

Suddenly a person wakes up having a headache after having heard a loud noise. In reality nothing like that actually happened. It is a variation of a hypnagogic jerk. Your senses were turned on but your body is still paralyzed
on point
Re: Top-7 Crazy Things That Happen While You Sleep by hablink: 6:00pm On Dec 21, 2014
Biko sleep paralysis different from that of spiritual attack hoo, mehn consult d nearest pastor for solution!
Re: Top-7 Crazy Things That Happen While You Sleep by Abdgafarplenty(m): 7:37pm On Dec 21, 2014
geedot:
this got ♍ƺ laughing

it's a. serious matter happening to me Nah him day make you laff
Re: Top-7 Crazy Things That Happen While You Sleep by 3DCYCLOPS: 7:41pm On Dec 21, 2014
Op what of when cow dey pursue you...you dey see your house gate..but to run enter na problem..rather you dey run go sideways like say you wan fall
Re: Top-7 Crazy Things That Happen While You Sleep by Nobody: 8:06pm On Dec 21, 2014
sleep smiling smiley
Re: Top-7 Crazy Things That Happen While You Sleep by Nobody: 9:09pm On Dec 21, 2014
SporaD8:
When you sleep with your eyes facing the source of light, you are more likely to experience sleep paralysis.
Immediately you are laid down, especially during sickness/work stress, your body falls into sleep mode faster while your brain is sustain a little longer by the light that penetrate your eyelids.
Now suppose there should be a slight flicker/disturbance between you and the source of light, your brain at standby registers it faster, even pump some adrenaline unfortunately your body is still on vacation!
clunk! ...you enters the paralysis mood!
Yeah I stopped sleeping on my back, I now sleep sideways.
Re: Top-7 Crazy Things That Happen While You Sleep by shady26(m): 9:22pm On Dec 21, 2014
OP what about Flying like super man in your dreams.
and the case were you know you are dreaming, to the point you go round telling dream world people ( expecially the once trying to scare you) that "hey you there!this is dream world and if i like i will pinch myself, dissapear from here and wake up right in my bed"?
when i dream i know am dreaming and i fly a lot in my dreams,soar above the clouds (i enjoy it).

1 Like

Re: Top-7 Crazy Things That Happen While You Sleep by destinysaid(m): 9:41pm On Dec 21, 2014
shady26:
OP what about Flying like super man in your dreams.
and the case were you know you are dreaming, to the point you go round telling dream world people ( expecially the once trying to scare you) that "hey you there!this is dream world and if i like i will pinch myself, dissapear from here and wake up right in my bed"?
when i dream i know am dreaming and i fly a lot in my dreams,soar above the clouds (i enjoy it).
them wan use dream take initiate u,lol I also experience flight in dream, buh as soon as. I realise its a drm, that flight don end.
Re: Top-7 Crazy Things That Happen While You Sleep by usibengate(m): 9:47pm On Dec 21, 2014
Thanks for info
Re: Top-7 Crazy Things That Happen While You Sleep by shady26(m): 9:51pm On Dec 21, 2014
destinysaid:
them wan use dream take initiate u,lol I also experience flight in dream, buh as soon as. I realise its a drm, that flight don end.
initiate me? i belong to the highest order of spirits.....aint nobody initiating me,i was born this way.
Re: Top-7 Crazy Things That Happen While You Sleep by Prettiepearlz(f): 9:55pm On Dec 21, 2014
Sleep paralysis is a very scary thing,infact it was sleep paralysis that made me become a devotee to the prayer to saint micheal the archangel. The first time I experienced it,I was scared ehn,I kept it to myself for a while,but the time I couldn't condone it anymore was when I started having a feeling that I was being strangled and I was always helpless,I had to tell my friend first because It happened mostly when I'm in school,my silly friend told me that I'm an "Emere" that they are the ones disturbing me,lol,I told my mum,she also said its a spiritual attack,fear catch me that day ooooo,because of it then I don't sleep early,I became so used to not sleeping early even till now. It was when I read about it sometime ago on nairaland and when I started a course on physiology of sleep that I stopped being scared. @Op,God bless you because at least this would make dose who are scared abt it understand and stop fidgeting. To those who haven't experienced it,I pray u don't. @ all,sorry for the epistle.
Re: Top-7 Crazy Things That Happen While You Sleep by SupaC(m): 10:28pm On Dec 21, 2014
sunquiyahki:

3. Sleepwalking

A lot of sleep-related behaviors are harmless. The most dangerous one among them is sleepwalking.
do you mean harmful or....harmless??
Re: Top-7 Crazy Things That Happen While You Sleep by Edusouls(m): 11:24pm On Dec 21, 2014
for your information folks,sleep paralysis is just the scientific name of this unexplained mystery,the real thing that causes it is much suspected demonic visitings,poltergist activities,communion with dieties and it is realy bad when you experience it.
Re: Top-7 Crazy Things That Happen While You Sleep by Nobody: 11:33pm On Dec 21, 2014
LORDI:
Sleep paralysis is the worst and it's scary ,.thankGod I know what it is now,no need to accuse village people wrongly
u see witches and village people don suffer...as in eeh any1 wey no sabi wetin dey happen to him or her, village ppl go carry am. I pity my granny for village.

Anywhr that one of falling reminds me the time I went for vigil. I was sleeping on top step edge. I was seriously dreaming of whr I was flying. Wen I say flyin I mean I was like omo na clark kent of small ville. Till my mouth was full of sand. And I was like. What the hell and I manage to open my eye to see that I fell from the step edge down without even knwing. I must be in a deep sleep to fall from up to 3 feet, if not for the sand I won't notice. And bilive me I woke up to see the ppl behind farther dan I am.
Re: Top-7 Crazy Things That Happen While You Sleep by Nobody: 11:39pm On Dec 21, 2014
Wizpa:
What about BED-WETTING grin
hahahaha

Sometimes I dream of whr am urinatin just to wake up to see myself urinatin o. Just happend 1s or twice though.

But that of wet dream. I just feel like am top of the world only to wake up and see myself releasin. Like I has fuckd a witch.

1 Like

Re: Top-7 Crazy Things That Happen While You Sleep by Nobody: 11:41pm On Dec 21, 2014
Harkanbi:

Trust me dat always happen to me most of the time
joseph ithe dreamer.

Oya dream dey go.
Re: Top-7 Crazy Things That Happen While You Sleep by Nobody: 11:44pm On Dec 21, 2014
merits:
i dont even know wat dey cal sleep.plz can sum1 define sleep 4 me?
sleep is where you die and jesus wake u up in the morning like the death lazarus.

Any objection?

1 Like

Re: Top-7 Crazy Things That Happen While You Sleep by Nobody: 11:52pm On Dec 21, 2014
illicit:

guy u no well at all lol
biliv me he knws what he is talking about.

U see, sometimes I tangle myself while in bed. In my dream I will be pursued but can't run or move freely and you will be wondering what is wrong...

And biliv me its not a social run like runin maraton to win a pedal but running for ur life cos. Its just not always a good dream.
Re: Top-7 Crazy Things That Happen While You Sleep by Nobody: 11:55pm On Dec 21, 2014
kechywillz:
sleep paralysis,i know how to handle that one,dat nonsense has been disturbing me for years,i make sure i sleep at outer egde of the bed,wen it happens,if i try to call sm1 to wake me up,the person will never hear me,in dat situation u are on you own !! What i do most times wen it happens is that, i muscle out of my leg outside d bed n i wake up,
bros urs na serious type o...

Have experienced it feel times but its just like a dream to me and no cause for alarm
Re: Top-7 Crazy Things That Happen While You Sleep by Nobody: 11:59pm On Dec 21, 2014
3DCYCLOPS:
Op what of when cow dey pursue you...you dey see your house gate..but to run enter na problem..rather you dey run go sideways like say you wan fall
hahahaha...

God I don suffer o
Re: Top-7 Crazy Things That Happen While You Sleep by Nobody: 12:01am On Dec 22, 2014
Elantracey:
sleep smiling smiley

Lol

Lemme guess a guy is givin u money in a dream dats why ur sleep smilin abi
Mayb in cheque
Re: Top-7 Crazy Things That Happen While You Sleep by Nobody: 12:08am On Dec 22, 2014
efobiugochukwu:

Lol

Lemme guess a guy is givin u money in a dream dats why ur sleep smilin abi
Mayb in cheque

you guys and money ehn undecided undecided
Re: Top-7 Crazy Things That Happen While You Sleep by Nobody: 12:17am On Dec 22, 2014
Elantracey:

you guys and money ehn undecided undecided
sorry oo just thinking loud
Re: Top-7 Crazy Things That Happen While You Sleep by merits(m): 2:57am On Dec 22, 2014
efobiugochukwu:
sleep is where you die and jesus wake u up in the morning like the death lazarus.

Any objection?
hahahaha ok i av bin doin dat sinc,i nw kno.tnx no objectn @all
Re: Top-7 Crazy Things That Happen While You Sleep by Nobody: 5:38am On Dec 22, 2014
queenbesha:

It is actually really scary. Maybe u have nt experienced it before! angry
Statistics show that sleep paralysis occurs to everyone at least once in a lifetime. I have experienced sleep paralysis over 50 times and even beyond sleep paralysis I have vivid lucid dream and other out of body experiences.
Re: Top-7 Crazy Things That Happen While You Sleep by Onyiido: 9:21am On Dec 22, 2014
excelsia:
Sleep paralysis is very scary, it's the only reason I hate living alone. I sleep with the lights on embarassed
Leaving the lights on or having someone to sleep with u doesn't justify it won't happen to u again. Just pray before u sleep though.
Re: Top-7 Crazy Things That Happen While You Sleep by seye15627(m): 3:04pm On Dec 22, 2014
I really enjoyed sleepwalking. When u tiptoe into my room then, you can be sure I would be there glaring at you. I was always acting like a zombie but if you ask me what happened the next day, I would be like " wetin I do?" During those periods, I no dey see anything.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Have A Fibroid: What Do I Do? / Meet Nigerian Lady Who Gave Up Obesity To Live Healthy Lifestyle / Unidentified Lady With Memory Loss In Ogun State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.