Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,512 members, 7,819,853 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:22 AM

How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) - Agriculture (64) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) (169465 Views)

World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano / Mangu-Bokkos-Plateau: The Largest Mechanized Farm In Nigeria / How To Start And Grow A Profitable Plantain Flour Business In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:51am On Jan 13, 2023
Want to smile to the bank this 2023
Then,do the right things.
How would you do the right things when you have not learnt the right things?
Register for our free training through the link on the first page

Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 10:32am On Jan 14, 2023
Making good money in farm business is a game of number provided; you can not cultivate 1 acre and expect to have the same revenue from cultivation hundreds of acres.

Now,here you are with little resources to get started and you are stuck because you don't yet have the resources to cultivate 50,100 or more acres.

I can tell you that you are likely to never start anything while you waste years because the perfect condition would not come.

I started with leasing few acres of land somewhere around oke-odan village in Ogun state many years ago because I couldn't afford to even buy.

Now we are cultivating land in their hundreds of acres around five states in Nigeria

We are not there yet but we are not where we used to be.

The bottom line is start now and keep building until you reach the point where you have a sustainable level where good revenue starts flowing.
It's not going to be rosy.
You will run into issues that might want to derail you.
You will have challenges but don't flinch.
l kept going and working because every great thing you see today start from a beginning.

2 Likes

Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 2:12pm On Jan 15, 2023
#never underestimate days of little beginnings
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:22am On Jan 16, 2023
The more you learn and increase your practical knowledge, the more your capacity to earn.

This is a fundamental principles to succeed in agribusiness.

Over the years,I have learnt a lot either by my failures, intentionally or by trial & error which have increase my capacity to earn more yet I am still learning.

It is a continuous process.

There is huge opportunity on this platform to learn from each other and it should not be taken for granted.

My first mistake when venturing into agriculture is having no mentor to guide and one of my goals is to assist and guide as many newbies as possible and put them on a pathway of making money in agriculture.
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 6:38pm On Jan 19, 2023
Never ever give up in the pursuit of your dream
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 10:09am On Jan 21, 2023
Owning a farmland is the prerequisite to owning a farm
Farmland appreciate in value,assist in creating wealth and used to edge against inflation while
Owning a farm put money into your pocket on a quarterly or annually.
Both are important and you should take action in both ways
Kindly send DM if you are interested
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by adonisgold: 11:42am On Jan 22, 2023
Following
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:19pm On Jan 22, 2023
adonisgold:
Following
Thanks
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 4:58am On Jan 25, 2023
All Big profitable organisation start from small
Never underestimate days of little beginings
Good morning to those that are awake now grin
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 1:28pm On Jan 26, 2023
Your knowledge and link to markets can determine how much money you are going to make in your farm business.

What you are thinking of farming,do you have ready made market for it before you start planting.

That's the advantage those that acquire farmland and own farms on our farm estates enjoys.....READY OFFTAKERS

Own your farm today in any of our farm estates in ijebu-igbo,ilorin,apomu and ogbomoso
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:43am On Jan 27, 2023
#ownaplantainfarmtoday
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 2:42pm On Jan 28, 2023
Today is a new day. Yesterday was in the past.
The action you take today will begin to create the future you desire.
Owning an asset like plantain,pineapple,oilpalm farm is the best way to create wealth and secure your future.
Follow www.facebook.com/waleagro
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:11am On Jan 29, 2023
#getinvolved
#agricpays
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Nobody: 5:03am On Feb 01, 2023
My plantain farm of four years is weak as it produces very small bunches or none at all this past year.
What do you suggest i do as it is dried up and majority broken head?
Someone suggested i set it on fire
Another suggested fertilizer
Which is better
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:20am On Feb 01, 2023
Oyus:
My plantain farm of four years is weak as it produces very small bunches or none at all this past year.
What do you suggest i do as it is dried up and majority broken head?
Someone suggested i set it on fire
Another suggested fertilizer
Which is better
Why would you set it on fire
Add poultry manure to it
Four years is enough to replenish the soil back.
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Nobody: 8:09pm On Feb 01, 2023
How do I get that and where?
Lesgupnigeria:

Why would you set it on fire
Add poultry manure to it
Four years is enough to replenish the soil back.
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:39am On Feb 02, 2023
Oyus:
How do I get that and where?
Where is your location?
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:39am On Feb 03, 2023
#getinvolved
#doplantain
#itpays
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:46am On Feb 04, 2023
Before you get started,either you get the knowledge or you work with someone that has the knowledge.
Don't start farm business with no know-how or with no knowledgeable partner.
Money can only be make in agriculture through knowing what to do,how to do it and when to do it.
#goodmorning
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:32am On Feb 07, 2023
Your knowledge and link to markets can determine how much money you are going to make in your farm business.

What you are thinking of farming,do you have ready made market for it before you start planting.

That's the advantage those that acquire farmland and own farms on our farm estates enjoys.....READY OFFTAKERS

Own your farm today in any of our farm estates in ijebu-igbo,ilorin,apomu and ogbomoso
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 6:14pm On Feb 10, 2023
#Doagric
#ItPays
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 1:38pm On Feb 12, 2023
Happy Sunday everyone!!
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:59am On Feb 16, 2023
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:40pm On Feb 19, 2023
#happysunday
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 10:21am On Feb 22, 2023
#Get involved
#Agricpays

Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 3:34pm On Feb 23, 2023
#agricpaysDoit
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:22am On Feb 25, 2023
You too can own wealth creating farm on any of our farm estates in ijebu-igbo, ilorin, ogbomoso and apomu
Send Dm

Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 6:58am On Feb 28, 2023
Doplantain...Itpays
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 6:59am On Feb 28, 2023
Doplantain...itpays
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 10:12am On Mar 01, 2023
Plantain farming is one of the crop that can guarantee sustainable income for you and should focus on this season.
Plantain is such a crop that it multiplies by itself after each harvest; you do not have to replant it again after the first planting and can multiply itself for up to 20 years if managed well.
Assuming you have 3000 stands of plantain,and about 2800 gets to maturity with each bunch sold at let's say N1000,you already know the expected income if you do the math.
And after the first harvest,you are expected to have another harvest year in year out under good management for more decades to come and you can use the extra daughter suckers to expand the farm.
Its one of the farm business I will advise members to venture into
As you make the money,make sure you also insure your farm against unforseen farm circumstances.
Good morning everyone

Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:10am On Mar 03, 2023
You can own farm in any of our farm estates in ijebu-igbo,Ogun state.

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (Reply)

My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) / 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.