Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,643 members, 7,823,829 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:10 PM

Man Storms Out Of Dowry Negotiations Crying Extortion - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Man Storms Out Of Dowry Negotiations Crying Extortion (5953 Views)

3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying / Bride Price And Dowry; the Difference And Similarity. Which do you practice? / Guys Whats The Maximum Amount Of Dowry You Can Pay? And What Is The Most Outrageous Dowry You've See (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Storms Out Of Dowry Negotiations Crying Extortion by Nobody: 9:49am On Dec 23, 2014
dey sell deir women off be dat na
Re: Man Storms Out Of Dowry Negotiations Crying Extortion by ewosk: 9:57am On Dec 23, 2014
dinachi:
And later, you hear these bought women coming here to talk about feminism!

lol!!!
Re: Man Storms Out Of Dowry Negotiations Crying Extortion by Nobody: 10:01am On Dec 23, 2014
MizEmpress:
dude was already tipsy otherwise I see no sense in him walking out on his wife-to-be and her family. no matter the attitude they put up, there's always room for negotiation and besides he's the one who needs a wife so no need for the haughtiness.
Hahahaha. You find him haughty, but not the deluded in-laws who have obviously over-valued their daughter. He's far from haughty, he simply told them to fvck off and go fvck their daughter as well. I would like to provide that man a year's supply of his drink of choice.
Re: Man Storms Out Of Dowry Negotiations Crying Extortion by ewosk: 10:02am On Dec 23, 2014
even plus inflation and weak Naira

Dowry is still #380 in my area n most families still give u #20 change...grin grin

bt other T & C apply sha
Re: Man Storms Out Of Dowry Negotiations Crying Extortion by HzRF(m): 10:08am On Dec 23, 2014
MizEmpress:
dude was already tipsy otherwise I see no sense in him walking out on his wife-to-be and her family. no matter the attitude they put up, there's always room for negotiation and besides he's the one who needs a wife so no need for the haughtiness.
Is it not wise of him to walk out or end up in physical combat with those elders - cum-thieves

After exaltation comes embarrassment oo my sister
Re: Man Storms Out Of Dowry Negotiations Crying Extortion by lilmax(m): 10:21am On Dec 23, 2014
dinachi:
bought grin grin
Re: Man Storms Out Of Dowry Negotiations Crying Extortion by MizEmpress(f): 10:21am On Dec 23, 2014
Timbuktou:
Hahahaha. You find him haughty, but not the deluded in-laws who have obviously over-valued their daughter. He's far from haughty, he simply told them to fvck off and go fvck their daughter as well. I would like to provide that man a year's supply of his drink of choice.
no matter how much your in-laws anger you on your wedding day, it's very improper to walk out on them. Respect them even if they are really annoying..its just for that day and then you have your wife.
Re: Man Storms Out Of Dowry Negotiations Crying Extortion by gunuvi(m): 10:24am On Dec 23, 2014
The bride family must be related to our crying general. He can't do without cows and goats.
Re: Man Storms Out Of Dowry Negotiations Crying Extortion by MizEmpress(f): 10:34am On Dec 23, 2014
HzRF:

Is it not wise of him to walk out or end up in physical combat with those elders - cum-thieves

After exaltation comes embarrassment oo my sister
would you engage in physical combat with your in-laws who are far older than you? at most, you'll storm out and cool your rage outside, compose yourself and continue with the proceedings for the sake of the woman you love. IMO..
Re: Man Storms Out Of Dowry Negotiations Crying Extortion by pickabeau1: 10:39am On Dec 23, 2014
Timbuktou:

I will have agreed with you but for his drunk behavior
Re: Man Storms Out Of Dowry Negotiations Crying Extortion by kelechiMarie(f): 10:40am On Dec 23, 2014
82goats,cows plus bride price ....
Africa my Africa !!!shocked and i tot Nigerian brides were expensive.What these elders fail to realise is that if you extort money from your in-law in d name of bride price he'll see ur daughter as his property to be used in any manner that pleases him.I'd bet that few years down d line ,d woman will be a victim of domestic violence,cheating and abuse.
That said,the suitor was very rude.Imagine dancing with women like that at your inlaws house mbanuu
Re: Man Storms Out Of Dowry Negotiations Crying Extortion by HzRF(m): 11:20am On Dec 23, 2014
MizEmpress:

would you engage in physical combat with your in-laws who are far older than you? at most, you'll storm out and cool your rage outside, compose yourself and continue with the proceedings for the sake of the woman you love. IMO..
Am nt supporting physical combat with any body.. Our level of tolerance differs before the rage get out of hand
Before such happen the best is to leave instead of sitting just to respect nd end up disrespecting them the more
Re: Man Storms Out Of Dowry Negotiations Crying Extortion by daey118(m): 11:44am On Dec 23, 2014
Pavore9:
Don't be angry as that tribe charged nothing in comparison to the Turkanas of Northern Kenya, where a young man who wants to marry requires about 100 cows, 200 goats & several camels just to marry this beautiful bride! grin
What if she's ugly undecided

1 Like

Re: Man Storms Out Of Dowry Negotiations Crying Extortion by daey118(m): 11:47am On Dec 23, 2014
dinachi:
Lol...bought bawo?? Its settlement na #Roger
Re: Man Storms Out Of Dowry Negotiations Crying Extortion by daey118(m): 11:53am On Dec 23, 2014
My wife's gotta pay groom's price or somefin the same way I pay hers..agree with me or not ...aint none of my business...you've gotta give my parents some credit at least for raising a decent young man. #jst saying.
Re: Man Storms Out Of Dowry Negotiations Crying Extortion by ElFenomeno1: 11:54am On Dec 23, 2014
LOOOOL

Some families are just too shameful.

They are practically selling their daughters!!!!
Re: Man Storms Out Of Dowry Negotiations Crying Extortion by DjAndroid: 12:23pm On Dec 23, 2014
That's my man.
Re: Man Storms Out Of Dowry Negotiations Crying Extortion by Pavore9: 12:25pm On Dec 23, 2014
daey118:

What if she's ugly undecided
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!
Re: Man Storms Out Of Dowry Negotiations Crying Extortion by daey118(m): 12:33pm On Dec 23, 2014
Pavore9:
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!
Okay oo...iguess you haven't really seen some ugly people..they'll make you think again ..unconsciously
Re: Man Storms Out Of Dowry Negotiations Crying Extortion by iamrealdeji(m): 12:50pm On Dec 23, 2014
cococandy:
82 goats? shocked shocked shocked
You're so beautiful
Re: Man Storms Out Of Dowry Negotiations Crying Extortion by iamrealdeji(m): 12:52pm On Dec 23, 2014
correctguy0900:
dey sell deir women off be dat na
Straight p..im..ping
Re: Man Storms Out Of Dowry Negotiations Crying Extortion by Pavore9: 12:58pm On Dec 23, 2014
daey118:

Okay oo...iguess you haven't really seen some ugly people..they'll make you think again ..unconsciously
Google images of d Massai people or d turkanas, no one is ugly bt beautiful in their own unique way!
Re: Man Storms Out Of Dowry Negotiations Crying Extortion by hahn(m): 2:41pm On Dec 23, 2014
Pavore9:
Don't be angry as that tribe charged nothing in comparison to the Turkanas of Northern Kenya, where a young man who wants to marry requires about 100 cows, 200 goats & several camels just to marry this beautiful bride! grin

You uploaded a wrong pic.

I wouldn't pay with my fart for something like that
Re: Man Storms Out Of Dowry Negotiations Crying Extortion by Nobody: 2:45pm On Dec 23, 2014
pickabeau1:

I will have agreed with you but for his drunk behavior
Then the family should have refused to give their daughter to him, but I guess they were more interested in the prospect of acquiring livestock.
Re: Man Storms Out Of Dowry Negotiations Crying Extortion by pickabeau1: 2:53pm On Dec 23, 2014
Timbuktou:
Then the family should have refused to give their daughter to him, but I guess they were more interested in the prospect of acquiring livestock.

Its not easy to call off a marriage at that stage
Com'on

People have come from far n Wide

A.fine was OK

Its traditional....maybe the extent of the fine was high
Re: Man Storms Out Of Dowry Negotiations Crying Extortion by Nobody: 3:04pm On Dec 23, 2014
pickabeau1:

Its not easy to call off a marriage at that stage
Com'on

People have come from far n Wide

A.fine was OK

Its traditional....maybe the extent of the fine was high

Exactly. The guy's bought himslef some leverage though, and what could have been an advantage to the bride's family has somehow become a disadvantage.
Re: Man Storms Out Of Dowry Negotiations Crying Extortion by pickabeau1: 3:23pm On Dec 23, 2014
Timbuktou:
Exactly. The guy's bought himslef some leverage though, and what could have been an advantage to the bride's family has somehow become a disadvantage.

But he has messed everything up

He could still have achieved his aim without enbarassing the two families
Re: Man Storms Out Of Dowry Negotiations Crying Extortion by Pavore9: 3:25pm On Dec 23, 2014
hahn:

You uploaded a wrong pic.

I wouldn't pay with my fart for something like that
Which wrong pic? This fine girl whey turkana men dey dream of, u no sabi good thing!
Re: Man Storms Out Of Dowry Negotiations Crying Extortion by Wendy80(f): 3:32pm On Dec 23, 2014
Pavore9:

shocked jesus
Re: Man Storms Out Of Dowry Negotiations Crying Extortion by Wendy80(f): 3:36pm On Dec 23, 2014
MizEmpress:

Omoo d guy gats to act for brideprice to come down and it worked if not that he walked away cheesy
Re: Man Storms Out Of Dowry Negotiations Crying Extortion by Wendy80(f): 3:41pm On Dec 23, 2014
Timbuktou:

cheesy
Re: Man Storms Out Of Dowry Negotiations Crying Extortion by cococandy(f): 3:44pm On Dec 23, 2014
iamrealdeji:

You're so beautiful
thank you smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

She Deceived And Forced Me Into Marrying Her / We Fabricate Groundnut Roasting Machines / Would A Nigerian Dad Ever Strike His Adult Daughter?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.