Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,020 members, 7,810,826 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:17 PM

I'll Meet With Other Generals To Solve Insurgency- Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I'll Meet With Other Generals To Solve Insurgency- Buhari (21728 Views)

Northern Royal Fathers Meet With Igbo Royal Fathers In Owerri / US Lift Ban And Ready To Sell Arms To Nigeria To Solve Insurgency / Army Promotes 22 Brig-generals To Major-general, 37 Colonels To Brigadier-gener (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'll Meet With Other Generals To Solve Insurgency- Buhari by sathel(m): 5:47am On Dec 25, 2014
The Presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, Maj. Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), on Wednesday said that though Nigeria is a rich nation, its people are extremely poor due to bad governance.
He also promised to involve serving and retired military generals to devise an effective strategy to crush insurgency in the country, if elected as President in 2015.

Buhari, in his Christmas goodwill message signed by the Director of Communications, Buhari Campaign Organisation, Mr. Dele Alake, expressed displeasure at the security challenges in the country and the poor state of Nigerian roads.

He said his administration would focus on how best to “make the condition of living of the common man the index for the assessment of our policies and not the amount of billionaires our administration would have made.”
Buhari felicitated with Christians in the country as they celebrated Christmas, assuring Nigerians that they would have better reasons to celebrate the festival if he is elected in 2015.

He said, “On my part, I intend to initiate consultations with serving generals and those who have served our country and distinguished themselves on the battlefield across the world to work out an alternative and effective strategy to crush this insurgency within the shortest possible time if elected president on February 14, 2015.

“I have said that I live the life of a pensioner. I share the burden and anxiety of majority of our poor, powerless people. I have offered myself on the platform of the All Progressives Congress, the party of change, because I desire to give back to a country that clothed, fed and trained me to be what I am today. Our people are poor. But our country is rich.”

The former Head of State, who berated the President Goodluck Jonathan administration over rising poverty in the country, said, “In a nation where a few individuals could raise N21bn because they wanted to make their friend President, millions of citizens, who truly own the resources being accumulated by a few, are left to suffer in sorrow, tears and blood.

Buhari said while many Nigerians travelling towards the eastern part of the country would encounter “the failed promises of the Second Niger Bridge;” those travelling through the South-West would “have to bear the gridlock on the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway.”

He noted that millions of Nigerians would celebrate the Christmas season in poverty and misery because “the system of production and distribution of national resources has been rigged against the vast majority of our people.”
He said, “We promise that, by Christmas 2015, our administration would have brought out efficiency in management and allocation of public resources to make the inter-state roads smoother and easier to ride.

“Christmas is a season when we all embark on journeys to join our brothers and sisters in our native towns to hold town hall meetings, inaugurate community projects and exercise our cultural rights.

“This year’s celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ symbolises peace, love and togetherness to mankind. It reminds us, once again, of the exemplary life of Jesus Christ and the ordinary yet spectacular circumstances of His birth. His life enjoins all of us to follow his path by offering to sacrifice our selfish desires for the good of our country and mankind in general. This event, however, is taking place at a period of serious security challenges across the length and breadth of our dear country.

“The right to life, guaranteed by our constitution, is under savage assault. The stories of murder in the print and electronic media make you shiver to the bones. The daredevilry of the Godless Boko Haram, which penetrated battle lines in the North-East to commit suicidal blasts in the north central capital cities of Bauchi and Gombe, demonstrates the crucial need to review the military strategy of our defence forces.”

Buhari also promised to initiate policies that would ensure the empowerment of the masses, adding that his presidential ambition was borne out of the need to alleviate poverty and establish a system where the rule of law prevails.
He added, “Certainly, there will be changes in policies. We cannot continue to enslave our country to those who tell us that we are in economic crises because of loans.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/ill-meet-other-generals-to-draft-anti-terror-plan-buhari/

71 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I'll Meet With Other Generals To Solve Insurgency- Buhari by PassingShot(m): 5:50am On Dec 25, 2014
Very rich in thoughts and deep in analysis. God bless you the People's General.

I have always said it that it is lack of sincerity of purpose and corruption that has made success against Boko Haram to be elusive.

If GEJ was a smart and sincere president he would have even approached GMB and other selfless retired Generals long time ago to strategize on how to flush out the Boko Boys. However, the looting he and his cabinet members enjoy from the security budget will not let him do the right thing.

We know that GEJ is a clueless man but that is not even enough to make a president fail woefully as he has done. It is his failure to surround himself with people of high moral standing, credibility and integrity; and instead choosing to align with political jobbers who only think of their pockets and don't give a damn to what happens to this nation that has made him become the "Worst President Nigeria Has Ever Known".

GMB 2015

178 Likes 19 Shares

Re: I'll Meet With Other Generals To Solve Insurgency- Buhari by Nobody: 5:52am On Dec 25, 2014
you want to stop what you created

GEJ till 2099

90 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I'll Meet With Other Generals To Solve Insurgency- Buhari by fiverrwin(f): 5:56am On Dec 25, 2014
Ok may GOd help us

3 Likes

Re: I'll Meet With Other Generals To Solve Insurgency- Buhari by KingTom(m): 5:58am On Dec 25, 2014
Well spoken sir. GMB 2015

87 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I'll Meet With Other Generals To Solve Insurgency- Buhari by F22RAPTOR(m): 6:06am On Dec 25, 2014
a whole lot of empty talks...why wait till you are elected before you do what you have said, do it now so that we all can see that you mean business...smh

50 Likes

Re: I'll Meet With Other Generals To Solve Insurgency- Buhari by temitemi1(m): 6:23am On Dec 25, 2014
Why want to wait till u are elected before u clean up ur mess... Stop been intoxicated abt Aso Rock because even ur dead body will never get to laid in Aso Rock. GEJ till 2019!!!

88 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I'll Meet With Other Generals To Solve Insurgency- Buhari by Validated: 6:37am On Dec 25, 2014
Where are Buhari's 2011, 2012 and 2013 Christmas messages?

What message does Buhari have for the families that lost their children serving in the North in 2011?

What Christmas message does Buhari have for all those who lost their livelihoods in Kano, Kaduna, Bauchi as a result of Sharia which he supported?

Please, these and many others who are victims of your religious bigotry do not need your message now! We know better. Do not hoodwink us with your supposed sympathy.

Merry Christmas Nigeria

131 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I'll Meet With Other Generals To Solve Insurgency- Buhari by warrior01: 6:45am On Dec 25, 2014
somebody should help me ask the hypocrite when last he attended the council of state meeting that deliberated on how to solve the boko haram crisis.

78 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I'll Meet With Other Generals To Solve Insurgency- Buhari by falconey(m): 6:46am On Dec 25, 2014
F22RAPTOR:
a whole lot of empty talks...why wait till you are elected before you do what you have said, do it now so that we all can see that you mean business...smh
I don't think you are born with brain......a citizen like you should solve the insecurity and poverty level of the country?........what is the work of the clueless president? Oops I forgot is looting and to increase oil price....not only is he clueless even is followers

71 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'll Meet With Other Generals To Solve Insurgency- Buhari by PassingShot(m): 6:47am On Dec 25, 2014
warrior01:
somebody should help me ask the hypocrite when last he attended the council of state meeting that deliberated on how to solve the boko haram crisis.

Tell us if you know

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'll Meet With Other Generals To Solve Insurgency- Buhari by falconey(m): 6:48am On Dec 25, 2014
Validated:
Where are Buhari's 2011, 2012 and 2013 Christmas messages?

What message does Buhari have for the families that lost their children serving in the North in 2011?

What Christmas message does Buhari have for all those who lost their livelihoods in Kano, Kaduna, Bauchi as a result of Sharia which he supported?

Please, these and many others who are victims of your religious bigotry do not need your message now! We know better. Do not hoodwink us with your supposed sympathy.

Merry Christmas Nigeria
this one is a religious M.O.R.O.N.....

59 Likes

Re: I'll Meet With Other Generals To Solve Insurgency- Buhari by mistabiola: 6:50am On Dec 25, 2014
Good Idea cheesy grin.

Sai Buhari
Sai APC

Like yoruba would sAy ''Agbajowo lafi n gbe eru dori''

29 Likes

Re: I'll Meet With Other Generals To Solve Insurgency- Buhari by brownlord: 6:51am On Dec 25, 2014
PassingShot:
Very rich in thoughts and deep in analysis. God bless you the People's General.

I have always said it that it is lack of sincerity of purpose and corruption that has made success against Boko Haram to be elusive.

If GEJ was a smart and sincere president he would have even approached GMB and other selfless retired Generals long time ago to strategize on how to flush out the Boko Boys. However, the looting he and his cabinet members enjoy from the security budget will not let him do the right thing.

We know that GEJ is a clueless man but that is not even enough to make a president fail woefully as he has done. It is his failure to surround himself with people of high moral standing, credibility and integrity; and instead choosing to align with political jobbers who only think of their pockets and don't give a damn to what happens to this nation that has made him become the "Worst President Nigeria Has Ever Known".

GMB 2015

"He also promised to involve serving and retired military generals to devise an effective strategy to crush insurgency in the country, if elected as President in 2015."

Buhari himself don't even know the best way to solve the insurgency, yet some goons on this forum and APC keep telling us they solve BH within one month.

Na wah o

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'll Meet With Other Generals To Solve Insurgency- Buhari by pistol: 6:51am On Dec 25, 2014
what has stopped him since from calling his fellow retired generals from convening a meeting,bringing out a blueprint on how to tackle boko haram.
Moreover there is a body Council of states where former heads of state meets to advice the president.
what has been his contribution.
is it not selfishness on his part to wait till he assumes leadership before he can bring his ideas on tackling boko haram up?

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I'll Meet With Other Generals To Solve Insurgency- Buhari by Chibabi(m): 6:58am On Dec 25, 2014
Other generals lyk SHEKAU, etc?

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'll Meet With Other Generals To Solve Insurgency- Buhari by Nobody: 7:02am On Dec 25, 2014
brownlord:

"He also promised to involve serving and retired military generals to devise an effective strategy to crush insurgency in the country, if elected as President in 2015."

Buhari himself don't even know the best way to solve the insurgency, yet some goons on this forum and APC keep telling us they solve BH within one month.

Na wah o
He has solved an insurgency before as a military head of state, he will certainly do it again against boko haram if he becomes the next president. Buhari is not clueless like GEJ.

65 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'll Meet With Other Generals To Solve Insurgency- Buhari by menesheh(m): 7:03am On Dec 25, 2014
Story

1 Like

Re: I'll Meet With Other Generals To Solve Insurgency- Buhari by oziegbe2015: 7:06am On Dec 25, 2014
warrior01:
the message of KEEP HOPE ALIVE AND CHANGE, surpass any hyprocritic message u want to hear

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'll Meet With Other Generals To Solve Insurgency- Buhari by oziegbe2015: 7:11am On Dec 25, 2014
This is very nice, he has already started beign different from gej. I remember obj said his annoyance with gej was that he never took his predecessors seriously and rejected their advice. Gej may have failed on that because a tree cant make a forest. The same GENERAL position his people insulted as illiterate are one of the most important people that would have helped his career.

13 Likes

Re: I'll Meet With Other Generals To Solve Insurgency- Buhari by PassingShot(m): 7:13am On Dec 25, 2014
brownlord:

Na wah o

You're wrong! Tackling the insurgency problem will surely need inputs from well meaning and selfless retired Army Generals and not the sycophants GEJ has chosen to work with.

Buhari must surely have his plans ready by now and you don't expect him to come out saying all the details.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'll Meet With Other Generals To Solve Insurgency- Buhari by EverestdeBliu(m): 7:47am On Dec 25, 2014
#story

I'm scared of having this man as a president...O LORD,save us from the enemies of peace,whoever they may be.

7 Likes

Re: I'll Meet With Other Generals To Solve Insurgency- Buhari by HACKPASTOR(m): 7:50am On Dec 25, 2014
GOD BLESS U SIR GMB

MAY YOUR DREAM COME TO FULFILMENT COMES FEB 14 2015

PEOPLE GENERAL, MAY GOD STRENGTY YOU AND YOUR ADMINISTRATIONS COMES 2015-2023.

SAI BUHARI

GOD BLESS ME
GOD BLESS NL
GOD BLESS MY COUNTRY CALL NIGERIAN
AND GOD BLESS EVERYBODY. AMEN

15 Likes

Re: I'll Meet With Other Generals To Solve Insurgency- Buhari by Isiterere(m): 7:51am On Dec 25, 2014
The best way to defeat Bokoharam is to remove corruption in the military.

ALL IZZ WELL

1 Like

Re: I'll Meet With Other Generals To Solve Insurgency- Buhari by Nobody: 7:51am On Dec 25, 2014
America, france, britain, etc wen dey suffer terrorism no get generals ni ?

3 Likes

Re: I'll Meet With Other Generals To Solve Insurgency- Buhari by Nobody: 7:52am On Dec 25, 2014
The general of all generals! We are solidly behind you sir! Choose you this day whom you will vote! We stand solidly behind the people's general!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juY0ODML_9A#t=80

CramJones

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'll Meet With Other Generals To Solve Insurgency- Buhari by IAMGEJ(m): 7:52am On Dec 25, 2014
I laugh dis buhari, grin grin grin grin grin

I wish you all very happy Christmas celebrations.
Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, GCFR
President,
Federal Republic of Nigeria

10 Likes

Re: I'll Meet With Other Generals To Solve Insurgency- Buhari by ElekeNtioba: 7:52am On Dec 25, 2014
Yeah, we know your real Generals. The Abubakar Shekaus from the first to the current fourth. Doing your bidding and trying to prove that you are the only who can solve the insurgency. The ultimate aim being intimidating fearful Nigerians into electing you.

Funny how Nigerians now have memory the size of a chicken's that they have forgotten the ultimate goal of this raghead who can barely hide his islamic extremism.

Whats the difference between Abubakar Shekau's dreams of an islamic caliphate in Nigeria and Buhari's dreams of Nigeria with sharia constitution??

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I'll Meet With Other Generals To Solve Insurgency- Buhari by olusolaj(m): 7:52am On Dec 25, 2014
Other generals like general shekau.
You don't even need to consult them.
Once you win then their mission accomplished.

4 Likes

Re: I'll Meet With Other Generals To Solve Insurgency- Buhari by Nobody: 7:52am On Dec 25, 2014
SAI BUHARI

BUHARI TILL 2019 cool

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Customers Now To Buy Electricity Direct From Gencos - FG / Kebbi Bandits Kill 15 Soldiers, 5 Policemen, Burn Patrol Vans In Fresh Attack / You're Acting Like A Failed Tik Tok Comedian' - Atiku Campaign Bombs Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.