Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,640 members, 7,958,947 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 07:58 AM

DNA Test For Your Children Is It Compulsory Or Just Lack Of Trust - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / DNA Test For Your Children Is It Compulsory Or Just Lack Of Trust (3069 Views)

Court Dissolves 3-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Lack Of Vagina Opening / What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples / Traditional Marriage In The Village, Is It Compulsory? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DNA Test For Your Children Is It Compulsory Or Just Lack Of Trust by CashdownNG: 6:33pm On Dec 27, 2014
Etetejake:

My pain here is not training another man's child, I can do that to many. but the pain is your wife having the mind to sleep around and even have the mind to keep a pregnant that is not yours. Devil incarnates. #contractmarriege is smelling around me.

haa.. Oga softly ooo better have a baby mama, at least that would kill any worries.

regardless I'd what women say, they are the orchesters of most relationship issues either direct or otherwise
Re: DNA Test For Your Children Is It Compulsory Or Just Lack Of Trust by kelechiMarie(f): 7:44pm On Dec 27, 2014
To each his own sha but if you decide to go behind your wife's back to do it and the kids are actually yours.And your wife finds out It will be hard to earn her forgiveness though cause you've broken d trust.
Anyway,if you must go for a DNA be very sure you know what you're doing.
Lastly,i heard DNA tests aren't done in Nigeria they're sent abroad......expensive!so it had better not be a wild goose chase
Re: DNA Test For Your Children Is It Compulsory Or Just Lack Of Trust by Etetejake(m): 10:05pm On Dec 27, 2014
CashdownNG:

haa.. Oga softly ooo better have a baby mama, at least that would kill any worries.

regardless I'd what women say, they are the orchesters of most relationship issues either direct or otherwise

Yx, they kill tiny worries but end up giving the biggest worry that will end up your life. 10yrs of killing little worries and a day of killing u with the biggest worries ever. Does it worth it? it reminds me of the devil that gives u wealth with the right hand only to use the left hand to take your soul.
Re: DNA Test For Your Children Is It Compulsory Or Just Lack Of Trust by Etetejake(m): 10:09pm On Dec 27, 2014
striktlymi:

Not a good reason to marry someone.

But that's how it is. or do u have a reason to explain the many unhappy homes, cheating spouses,divorces,and husbands who turn their wife to sand bag?
Re: DNA Test For Your Children Is It Compulsory Or Just Lack Of Trust by Nobody: 3:16am On Dec 28, 2014
Etetejake:

But that's how it is. or do u have a reason to explain the many unhappy homes, cheating spouses,divorces,and husbands who turn their wife to sand bag?

Various factors account for that.
Re: DNA Test For Your Children Is It Compulsory Or Just Lack Of Trust by Wendy80(f): 7:23am On Dec 28, 2014
@ LewsTherin
U are a MAN.
U sound like My Hubby.
Re: DNA Test For Your Children Is It Compulsory Or Just Lack Of Trust by obiak4(m): 8:08am On Dec 28, 2014
pro DNA u guys are 100% correct @acidtalk I feel u bro maybe I should share my experience maybe not but OK just a little
I have worked in two firms and I had to quit the job the reason was these I was a prey to the so-called married and "engaged"singles God forgive me they always fall for me or better put force me just don't know probably I need deliverance the way "married"women behave is sickening @work place although not all some are very very pious and faithful to work,family. I have regretted bleeping them but what am afraid of is they might get pregnant but DAT I don't know,
so for me DNA TEST IS COMPULSORY BUT DO IT BEHIND YOUR WIFE'S BACK.
Re: DNA Test For Your Children Is It Compulsory Or Just Lack Of Trust by Wendy80(f): 8:08am On Dec 28, 2014
DNA test.. hmmm very sensitive issue oh.
A couple in my neighbourhood with 3 kids(2boys a girl) had a big fight last year. The man was just shouting that child isn't mine, take her away, so u have been sleeping around. His wife was crying n begging trying to prove her innocence.
We later heard he did a dna on them and discovered d girl isn't his. They are 7, 4 and 2years and d girl is d last. The woman been so sure of herself went back to the hospital she had her. She said it's either d dna lied or the hospital has questions to ans. She involve the police and a Lawyer when d hospital was proving difficult.
The doctor and Nurses on duty dat day were all arrested(2 of dem were no longer working but they were picked up all d same). With d hospital record they contacted all those who had babies same day.
When d arrested staff weren't coming forth with anythn to help the woman after much questioning, she begged for a dna on d other babies(7 of them) Omo see revelation.
To cut long story short, 2 babies were exchanged at birth, a woman have 4girls already and she birthed d 5th one dat day, afraid of her husband's wrath, she liaised with 2nurses to exchanged for a baby boy and paid heavily. That's how they caused problem for another family oh.

Gist too long Abeg but my neighbours came 2geda again after plenty begging oh.

1 Like

Re: DNA Test For Your Children Is It Compulsory Or Just Lack Of Trust by Nobody: 10:41am On Dec 28, 2014
Wendy80:
A couple in my neighbourhood with 3 kids(2boys a girl) had a big fight last year. The man was just shouting that child isn't mine, take her away, so u have been sleeping around. His wife was crying n begging trying to prove her innocence.
We later heard he did a dna on them and discovered d girl isn't his. They are 7, 4 and 2years and d girl is d last. The woman been so sure of herself went back to the hospital she had her. She said it's either d dna lied or the hospital has questions to ans. She involve the police and a Lawyer when d hospital was proving difficult.
The doctor and Nurses on duty dat day were all arrested(2 of dem were no longer working but they were picked up all d same). With d hospital record they contacted all those who had babies same day.
When d arrested staff weren't coming forth with anythn to help the woman after much questioning, she begged for a dna on d other babies(7 of them) Omo see revelation.
To cut long story short, 2 babies were exchanged at birth, a woman have 4girls already and she birthed d 5th one dat day, afraid of her husband's wrath, she liaised with 2nurses to exchanged for a baby boy and paid heavily. That's how they caused problem for another family oh.

WOW shocked shocked shocked
What happened to the babies?
were they exchanged back to their biological parents?
How come this story did not get in the news?
But come to think of it, since the baby wasnt in any way related to them and so had no physical features that mirrored either parent, didnt either of them suspect that the baby might not be theirs?
Some people get liver o!
Give hubby another mans baby! shocked shocked shocked
and you watch hubby playing with that baby and your heart does not do kaboom! Kaboom!! Kaboom!!!
Kai!!!
Re: DNA Test For Your Children Is It Compulsory Or Just Lack Of Trust by EfemenaXY: 11:40am On Dec 28, 2014
Wendy80:

Now this is just plain crazy.

First of all, didn't the pregnant woman go for a scan, where it would have revealed that she was expecting a boy? Or did she think the baby "miraculously" changed sex at birth?

Even if she didn't ask to know the sex of her unborn baby, was she unconscious at the time of giving birth? How could she not have noticed the change in gender?
Re: DNA Test For Your Children Is It Compulsory Or Just Lack Of Trust by Wendy80(f): 12:08pm On Dec 28, 2014
@ chaircover
Couldn't go into much details, typing wth my phone. The hospital mgt begged for the story not to go to the Press. They r not part of it. The 2 greedy nurses and the other woman who bought d baby are still in police custody and d Lady's husband said he'll made sure they neva practice again. The other husband said he neva suspected the boy wasn't his son cos they are both dark skinned.
The babies were exchanged back, when we paid them a visit she said she's sad her son sucked anoda woman's breast.
Some women have sold their conscience to the devil. I tell U my sister
Re: DNA Test For Your Children Is It Compulsory Or Just Lack Of Trust by EfemenaXY: 12:11pm On Dec 28, 2014
^^ You mean they switched them back after 2 years? Na so e easy?
Re: DNA Test For Your Children Is It Compulsory Or Just Lack Of Trust by Wendy80(f): 12:22pm On Dec 28, 2014
EfemenaXY:
^^ You mean they switched them back after 2 years? Na so e easy?

Yes they did when it was obvious the boy belongs to the man. The girl hasn't been taken to her real family yet though cos of d emotional attachment but they've taken dia son sha. when I wento visit them I so asked questions that my hubby started eyeing me grin
I was told the other husband decided on dna too to know if d other 4girls are his. Na so dna begin reign for my estate dat period.
When a woman knows she's innocent, she'll put up a fight. Thank God hers yielded result. What if she wasn't able to get anything, that's how an innocent woman's marriage would just crash like that.

2 Likes

Re: DNA Test For Your Children Is It Compulsory Or Just Lack Of Trust by EfemenaXY: 12:30pm On Dec 28, 2014
Wendy80:

Yes they did when it was obvious the boy belongs to the man. The girl hasn't been taken to her real family yet though cos of d emotional attachment but they've taken dia son sha. when I wento visit them I so asked questions that my hubby started eyeing me grin
I was told the other husband decided on dna too to know if d other 4girls are his. Na so dna begin reign for my estate dat period.
When a woman knows she's innocent, she'll put up a fight. Thank God hers yielded result. What if she wasn't able to get anything, that's how an innocent woman's marriage would just crash like that.

This story gets more and more intriguing. So the other family were okay to give back the son to the real parents but not bothered to collect their daughter? Why? And wasn't the boy equally attached to them, just as their daughter was attached to the other family? undecided
Re: DNA Test For Your Children Is It Compulsory Or Just Lack Of Trust by Wendy80(f): 12:43pm On Dec 28, 2014
EfemenaXY:

This story gets more and more intriguing. So the other family were okay to give back the son to the real parents but not bothered to collect their daughter? Why? And wasn't the boy equally attached to them, just as their daughter was attached to the other family? undecided

My Dear those are still questions I keep asking too. My hubby didn't allow me get enuf gist jare with d way he was shooting me daggers with his eyes. But I think maybe because d other woman was still in Police net then and her real father was too embarrassed to come for her, the girl remained. That's my thought oh. I don't know dia reason though. I'll find out how far with the little girl sef.
Re: DNA Test For Your Children Is It Compulsory Or Just Lack Of Trust by taryour(f): 12:45pm On Dec 28, 2014
Nitefury:
My neighbour's last son ain't his. After about 15 or so years being married to his wife and 3 kids that look like clones of the man (big lips and ish), the fourth one came out looking neither like the man or his wife but like their pastor. Both couple are dark skinned just like their first, second and third kid.

This boy is light skinned, stubborn as a goat and everything like the pastor (transferred now). Boy was even nicknamed pastor.

Now this came after about 10 years of marriage. Yes they are still together and i believe this is only because the man is disabled. His family couldn't do anything because she still complimented him in more ways than one.

It takes a second to destroy trust built on years.

so all those saying why marry who you don't trust, please take a chill pill. No one prays for a cheating spouse, but with the issue of randy bosses and colleague at places of work, with most ladies having hot pants for their exes, a DNA test becomes necessary

*Modified*
A friend of mine who got a girl pregnant denied it. As soon as i set eyes on the baby's picture, i told him to go get his baby. My other friends swore the child ain't his just to make him feel good. Even when he wanted to accept, his mum would have none of it (probably because she had him outta wedlock) The girl eventually gave the child to another man who eventually married her. But i know karma has a way of balancing issues.

Good for the lady but best for her to open up and tell her husband the truth about the father of her child.

And I hope that your friend who isn't man enough wunt go and start claiming father in future o? Hmmm
Re: DNA Test For Your Children Is It Compulsory Or Just Lack Of Trust by Nobody: 12:49pm On Dec 28, 2014
Any wise man would carryout a DNA test on his children in this generation we are in.

My experience with married Ladies has taught me a lot of lessons. Thank goodness I have been
strong enough to resist their temptations.
That the consequence of a 25 yrs old girl getting married to a 50 yrs old man. After five years of marriage the man becomes weak and incapable of doing the needful. The then 30 yrs old lady now begins to look for younger guys to quench her raging hormones. I currently have one of such ladies on my neck, so don't think I am telling moonlight stories. Though I have sworn never to have anything sexual with a married woman because I can kill if anybody tries that with my wife.

1 Like

Re: DNA Test For Your Children Is It Compulsory Or Just Lack Of Trust by acidtalk: 5:36pm On Dec 28, 2014
Wendy80:

SPEECHLESS!!!

And some people will still say DNA isn't compulsory.

This is even a better excuse to give. Man will be like "Honey, we sure need to do a DNA test to be sure those greedy nurses didn't exchange our Micheal Obama for a Patience Jonathan."

A lot, and I meant a lot do happen on the surface of this earth. Na who life show to get mouth talk.
Re: DNA Test For Your Children Is It Compulsory Or Just Lack Of Trust by Nobody: 5:44pm On Dec 28, 2014
Wendy80:

shocked shocked shocked

What a disturbing story!

Thank God that woman had the common sense and also the clout to get to the bottom of the matter. Love that her innocence spoke up loud and clear. I wonder if their marriage has remained the same...
Re: DNA Test For Your Children Is It Compulsory Or Just Lack Of Trust by acidtalk: 5:45pm On Dec 28, 2014
donpeey22:

Though ve sworn never to have anything sexual with a married woman because I can kill if anybody tries that with my wife.

This reason alone (fear of karma and God's wrath is what has always held me back. More married women do the chasing than the singles these days. Imagine one swearing she was divorced only to find out she was still married. I wan quench.

1 Like

Re: DNA Test For Your Children Is It Compulsory Or Just Lack Of Trust by acidtalk: 5:51pm On Dec 28, 2014
EfemenaXY:

Didn't you read the story? They said they already had 4 girls already. That is why the woman went the devilish length to "steal" someone else's boy.

If the drill the man very well, I won't be surprised if he conspired with his wife.

Those asking about scan, don't forget they always tell you it isn't 100 guaranteed. By the way, the joy of having given birth to a healthy child will vanish such irrelevant thoughts such as gender, looks, scan result and the rest.
Re: DNA Test For Your Children Is It Compulsory Or Just Lack Of Trust by EfemenaXY: 6:27pm On Dec 28, 2014
acidtalk:

Didn't you read the story? They said they already had 4 girls already. That is why the woman went the devilish length to "steal" someone else's boy.

If the drill the man very well, I won't be surprised if he conspired with his wife.

Those asking about scan, don't forget they always tell you it isn't 100 guaranteed. By the way, the joy of having given birth to a healthy child will vanish such irrelevant thoughts such as gender, looks, scan result and the rest.

Did you understand my question at all?

I didn't ask for an explanation / recap / summary of the story, thank you very much.

I asked about the boy's attachment to the people he thought were his parents. And not an explanation of his family's history.
Re: DNA Test For Your Children Is It Compulsory Or Just Lack Of Trust by Wendy80(f): 7:29pm On Dec 28, 2014
ileobatojo:

shocked shocked shocked

What a disturbing story!

Thank God that woman had the common sense and also the clout to get to the bottom of the matter. Love that her innocence spoke up loud and clear. I wonder if their marriage has remained the same...

They r still 2geda though. But thank God for d husband sha cos dia child would've been out there unknowingly to them.
Re: DNA Test For Your Children Is It Compulsory Or Just Lack Of Trust by Nobody: 7:32pm On Dec 28, 2014
Wendy80:

They r still 2geda though. But thank God for d husband sha cos dia child would've been out there unknowingly to them.

Hmmmm… I suppose if the wife sees it the same way, their marriage must be stronger than ever..
Re: DNA Test For Your Children Is It Compulsory Or Just Lack Of Trust by Nobody: 7:36pm On Dec 28, 2014
ileobatojo:

Hmmmm… I suppose if the wife sees it the same way, their marriage must be stronger than ever..

Hmmmmmmm o!
The fact that he automatically concluded that his wife had been playing around without considering that the switch could have been made at the hospital.
Me personally I would have mixed feelings . . Happy that I got my son back but disspointed that my husband did not trust me.
Re: DNA Test For Your Children Is It Compulsory Or Just Lack Of Trust by Nobody: 7:38pm On Dec 28, 2014
chaircover:

Hmmmmmmm o!
The fact that he automatically concluded that his wife had been playing around without considering that the switch could have been made at the hospital.
Me personally I would have mixed feelings . . Happy that I got my son back but disspointed that my husband did not trust me.

Exactly! Me too.
Re: DNA Test For Your Children Is It Compulsory Or Just Lack Of Trust by Wendy80(f): 7:45pm On Dec 28, 2014
chaircover:

Hmmmmmmm o!
Very True
Re: DNA Test For Your Children Is It Compulsory Or Just Lack Of Trust by acidtalk: 9:15pm On Dec 28, 2014
Let us be very honest with ourselves, we will all act same way if not even worse.

Its just like entering a room and meeting a man dead on the floor while another has blood on his hands, an iron rod on the floor, while the window of the room is shattered. Who would you conclude killed the man on the floor?

It will only take the grace of God to exonerate him to prove his innocence that he only enter the room after he heard the dead man screaming for help only for the killer to escape through the window. Even at that, he still remains the major suspect until the killer is caught and confesses to the crime.
Re: DNA Test For Your Children Is It Compulsory Or Just Lack Of Trust by Emaprince: 9:47pm On Dec 28, 2014
chaircover:

me personally I would have mixed feelings . . Happy that I got my son back but disspointed that my husband did not trust me.
after giving him a child that doesn't belong to him?..how would he trust you?..beside,people that you trust today,may break your heart tomorrow..this is the reason why its not even good to trust anybody at all...personally,I CAN'T!!...I can only respect and treat you good but trust is something I'm too economical with due to what married women have turned these days...

As for the DNA issue,I believe its very advicable for any sensible man to do it.in my area,a familly that I'm very very close to went through this hell..the first son belongs to the wife's ex and the husband just found out few yrs back after 7yrs...it should be mandatory sef..but I'm very sure women will go against it cos it will expose most of their dirty ways.
Re: DNA Test For Your Children Is It Compulsory Or Just Lack Of Trust by Nobody: 9:53pm On Dec 28, 2014
ileobatojo:

How else should she see it? The man is justified in doubting the paternity of that child, isn't he? Even she that supposedly carried the child in "her womb" couldn't detect the blatant discrepancies.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Princess Anora Is The Cutest Baby In Africa (photos) / Who Supposed To Be At The Front Sit Of Your Car, Your Wife Or Uncle? / How Do I Cope With My Wife Pressure?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.