Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,196 members, 7,953,713 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:24 AM

What Next After A 3rd Class From University? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Next After A 3rd Class From University? (32940 Views)

How Did You Succeed With Your 2-2 Or 3rd Class? / Post Graduate In Geology Department For A 3rd Class Grad, University Of Ibadan / When Did You Know You'd Be Bagging A 3rd Class (or Pass) ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Next After A 3rd Class From University? by g7: 12:12pm On Dec 23, 2008
molisbanks hi,

please keep me posted on the progress you are making. you cannot afford to allow yourself to be down or be put down by anyone. be strong.

i can be reached via email on geeplusltd@gmail.com or on 0702 505 8669

take care.
Re: What Next After A 3rd Class From University? by vitamin(f): 2:07pm On Dec 29, 2008
Hi g+ saw your last post and was really inspired can i contact you?
Re: What Next After A 3rd Class From University? by topeorekoy(m): 7:39am On Dec 30, 2008
its not a good thing to come out with a 3rd class but that doesnt mean its the end of the world. all u need to do is equip urself with more qualifications and u will get jobs that 1st class students cant get. knw pple that came out with 1st class and 2:1 and it took then a long time to get a job.

so who ever is in this situation, go for professional qualifications, masters

1 Like

Re: What Next After A 3rd Class From University? by snipe2: 11:24pm On Jan 02, 2009
apply for a post graduate programme before masters.
Re: What Next After A 3rd Class From University? by g7: 4:38pm On Jan 09, 2009
Hi Vitamin, feel free.

Take care.
Re: What Next After A 3rd Class From University? by switch47(m): 4:08pm On Jan 14, 2009
if drop outs with no certificates can make it,,,,,,,,,then you can make it with 3d
Re: What Next After A 3rd Class From University? by Magnam(m): 6:08pm On Jan 26, 2009
[center]With third class many are CEOs Today,
With third class many are Great Teachers,
With third class many are Post graduate Schools,
With third class many are Business Managers,
With third class many are Okada Riders,
With third class many are Men of God,
With third class many are Big time Politicians,
With third class many are Bankers,
With third class many are Engineers,
With third class many are Leader,
[/center]IT ALL DEPENDS ON YOU, EVENTHOUGH NIGERIA SYSTEM LOOKS ON CERTIFICATE.BUT YOUR SUCCESS IN LIFE DEPENDS ON YOU.YOU ARE, WHAT YOU THINK[/color].IF DURING YOUR YEARS IN SCHOOL, THAT YOU PRACTICE WHAT YOU ARE THOUGHT.BY NOW, YOU SOULD BE [color=#000099]A JOB CREATOR.

There is Lucrative Job in COURSES IN UNIVERSITY AND POLY AS WELL.

To be in any of the above group depends on you.
Re: What Next After A 3rd Class From University? by roticoco(m): 7:34am On Feb 11, 2009
ehie (f)
Naija

Re: What Next After A 3rd Class From University?
« #15 on: December 12, 2008, 01:14 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
what makes a person,is it the paper he possesses or what he has inside.
Soyinka had a thlird class degree and he won a nobel price.

I wonder wat we dumb head guys are doing in this room when a female like Ehie could make such a wonderful comment.This topic is to encourage not to discourage or to condemn.There's nothing wrong with a 3rd class student.Its not the end of the world if u know wat u really want in life.I came out wt 3rd class due to grudges I had wt my lecturers in school,infact most of my sets.But I know m good cos my course is purely practical,I studied Fine and Applied arts and not by coincidents,so wat re we talking about and today m a full time biz-man.I live in Uk but comes to nigeria often buying and selling of cars and even anything sellable.Come on guys,lets get up our fat asses and think big even outside our grades if u re not earning much,lets move on.Life is hard but we need to strike hard to make it.I know so many 1st class students ending up in shambles though its a good thing to have a good grade but if u re not lucky doesnt mean u re not brilliant or you are SS.Some of us bribed our way up to have good grades.thx 4 reading.

1 Like

Re: What Next After A 3rd Class From University? by Skywalker5(m): 10:29pm On Feb 21, 2009
@poster.

Do professional certification,then apply for masters abroad,like UK.Some institutions a would accept you for masters if you add your professional certificate along with it.

Good Luck

I came out with a 3rd class degree and i am doing my masters now (did not go through PGD).Besides i have a part time job as a systems Engineer also
Re: What Next After A 3rd Class From University? by cvibe: 10:42pm On Feb 21, 2009
Having 3rd class cert is no barrier to success.
Re: What Next After A 3rd Class From University? by MrCrackles(m): 11:31pm On Feb 21, 2009
Topic

SUICIDE!
Re: What Next After A 3rd Class From University? by femzy(m): 6:16am On Feb 22, 2009
MrCrackles:

Topic

SUICIDE!

Your replies are not new 2 us.They should be stepped upon & ignored!!
Re: What Next After A 3rd Class From University? by fayahsoul: 6:20am On Feb 22, 2009
[size=16pt]Grades attained in these eurocentric schools do not really reflect ones innate intellect rather they are indicative of how institutionalizable ones intellect is.[/size]

Re: What Next After A 3rd Class From University? by Okijajuju1(m): 6:21am On Feb 22, 2009
MrCrackles:

Topic

SUICIDE!

Come on now!! That was harsh!!

The person graduated with a 3rd class FFS, do you think he/she is intelligent enough to kill him/herself?.
Re: What Next After A 3rd Class From University? by Nobody: 7:29am On Feb 22, 2009
certifications

one of my classmates, a gal who dubbed and dubbed back in the day, took a third. on graduating, she got ccna, and other cisco certs, did a lot of work in abuja at small organisations. she eventually got into vgc communications. MTN bought up VGC, she was retained after exhaustive reinterviewing and 2 day the NFA chick from my class na bigga girl  grin

one of my friends was even more unserious. bobo spilled over twice. shocked shocked shocked

after nysc , he worked in small construction companies - na civil engineer

eventually, he got into a company that is executes contracts in ilorin, but is based in lag. he was the ogas proxy. as in, he did all the work, liasing with the client, mobilising the workers, executing the project, while getting paid peanuts. after a careful study of the situation, and a lot of reflection, he resigned, registered his company went up to the project director who his former employer had been executing the ilorin contracts for - and announced 'i'm on my own now, anything for me' - to which the director replies 'about bloody time - oya execute this contract' ( i dey add pepper and sugar grin) . this was like a year a half ago. my unserious friend is now a BIG boy, the contractor of choice for that company. i saw him in ilorin the other day. its also an odd sort of revenge (they say success is the best revenge wink )- the lecturers who failed him get to see him 'chopping life' in ilorin (na small town) - and the funniest thing is if he had taken a 2'2 or 2'1, he would probably be a wage slave in a bank.

i said it in a previous thread like this - life is what you make it.

what the third really means is a speed bump in your career. you can get work - only that , until you get experience, it will not be work that pays well.

1 Like

Re: What Next After A 3rd Class From University? by spikedcylinder: 7:34am On Feb 22, 2009

The person graduated with a 3rd class FFS, do you think he/she is intelligent enough to kill him/herself?.

Totally unnecessary. undecided
Re: What Next After A 3rd Class From University? by Nobody: 7:48am On Feb 22, 2009
While not wanting to sound condescending, the reason why we even go to school at all is to give ourselves an opportunity to b successful, so if u didnt make the most of that opportunity while others did, you've simply made life more difficult for yourself than it already is, so get off ur butt and go equip yourself to succeed in this knowledge demanding economy instead of glorifying 3rd class degrees as if its some new trend, why even bother with school if were going to b thinkin like thir, u've got to make a success of urself before ur 3rd class becomes a motivation to others, dont u guys get tired of the bill gates story?
Re: What Next After A 3rd Class From University? by CyberG: 8:41am On Feb 22, 2009
I suggest before another person references Bill Gates or Wole Soyinka, you should do some basic research by just googling your ass of first!

In case you did not know, Gates did not drop out of school because he couldn't cope academically. Otherwise, how do you think he got admitted in the first place into Harvard, the currently #1 ranked school in the world and one of the consistently top ranked school of all time?

"Bill Gates claimed to have an SAT score of 1590 taken in 1973.

Gates stated that he scored 1590 on his SATs. He enrolled at Harvard College in the fall of 1973 intending to get a pre-law degree, but did not have a definite study plan and eventually left without his degree.

The older SAT (before 1995) had a very high ceiling. In any given year, only seven of the million test-takers scored above 1580. A score above 1580 was equivalent to the 99.9995 percentile"

So, Bill Gates could never, under any condition except if he really wanted to, be a third class graduate.

So, that said, it is time to come to terms with the realities of your environment and take proactive steps to develop yourself in other ways. If you are talented in something, look in that area and see how much you could develop and express that talent.

In my days at Ife, one of my class mates didn't do well academically and anytime he made comments, I always reminded him he was talented at talking and being a stand-up comic. This is one person that could make you laugh with almost anything he said or did - even when he did nothing! So look into your natural talents. Get some hands-on training in something you enjoy. Better still, look at picking up a vocation that people don't seem to wanna engage in but there's good business and money to be made out of it. I could give examples but you are naija yourself so you should know.

Finally, some people have advised doing a Masters which is a great idea. However, I wouldn't consider it a great investment of time and money, and depending on your other personal circumstances, to complete graduate school only to queue up looking for a bank job in Naija or hoping for jobs that are continually shrinking and getting shipped to Ghana and wherever. I am sure if you are real with yourself and make steady, perhaps slow, but certain progress at something you truly enjoy, you could create a first class life for yourself and end up employing all kinds of people.
Re: What Next After A 3rd Class From University? by Nobody: 8:44am On Feb 22, 2009
success is not in never falling, but rising everytime you fall

a diff story:slightly offtopic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_jobs

While Jobs was a persuasive and charismatic director for Apple, some of his employees from that time had described him as an erratic and temperamental manager. An industry-wide sales slump towards the end of 1984 caused a deterioration in Jobs's working relationship with Sculley, and at the end of May 1985 – following an internal power struggle and an announcement of significant layoffs – Sculley relieved Jobs of his duties as head of the Macintosh division

In 1996, Apple announced that it would buy NeXT for $429 million. The deal was finalized in late 1996,[29] bringing Jobs back to the company he founded. He soon became Apple's interim CEO after the directors lost confidence in and ousted then-CEO Gil Amelio in a boardroom coup

steve jobs cofounded the company, was ousted because - well apparently hes a lousy manager - then brought in a decade later to save the company.

that for me is a true hallmark of success.

just something for y'all to leep in mind
Re: What Next After A 3rd Class From University? by Nobody: 8:55am On Feb 22, 2009
difficulty is in the eye of the beholder,  suffer no dey kill

fayahsoul:

[size=16pt]Grades attained in these eurocentric schools do not really reflect ones innate intellect rather they are indicative of how institutionalizable ones intellect is.[/size]

WORD.

Thank God, i never made a 1st class or 2:1,  now i am all over the world "doing things"
Re: What Next After A 3rd Class From University? by Skywalker5(m): 8:59am On Feb 22, 2009
i really dont understand what the fuzz is about this 3rd class issue.Well in Nigeria its a problem

I came out with 3rd class and i am currently doing my masters in Uk.also got a IT job here becuz i have my ccna and ccnp.most 2.2 and 2.1 in my class,Most of us all went for the interiew but i got the job.

Its all about branding urself in this life ooooooooooooooo
Re: What Next After A 3rd Class From University? by MrCrackles(m): 9:32am On Feb 22, 2009
Okija_juju:

Dude i was only joking!

U know berra
Re: What Next After A 3rd Class From University? by MrCrackles(m): 9:34am On Feb 22, 2009
femzy:

Your replies are not new 2 us.They should be stepped upon & ignored!!

Then why quote it?

U shoulda just ignored it, lil tramp
!
Re: What Next After A 3rd Class From University? by sniperwolf(m): 10:49am On Feb 22, 2009
Getting a good career does not depend on what you came out of school with. I've seen a lot of 1st and 2:1 graduate missing up in interviews because they were not able to speak effectively and all those. In my own point of view your personal ability will get you there. After all a 3rd class certificate is better than a bought 1st class certificate
Re: What Next After A 3rd Class From University? by Okijajuju1(m): 12:33pm On Feb 22, 2009
MrCrackles:

Dude i was only joking!

U know berra

Figures!!

Where would the thread be without a few jokes.

@ Topic

3rd class peeps need a PgD then they can apply for a masters degree in those courses that accapt 2.2 degrees.
Re: What Next After A 3rd Class From University? by Toks2008(m): 12:40pm On Feb 22, 2009
Hi Everyone,

Its sucha great pity for Nigerian graduates that still imbibe the old redundant mentality of:

GO TO SCHOOL-----GET A GOOD DEGREE-------GET JUST OVER  BROKE(JOB)-------------RETIRE AFTER YEARS OF SERVICE---------------LIVE ON PENSION AND DIE FRUSTRATED.

For crying out loud, university degrees or any other degree of higher learning are not meant for you to get a job but to harness the enterprenural indwelling talents called hobbies to metarmophous you into unimmaginable wealthy individual with great fufillment.

Please tell me the university degrees that made the following people into national or global icons

1. Michael jackson
2. R.kelly
3. Christiano ronaldo
3. Serrena williams
4. Warren buffet
5. J J okocha
6. Nice
7. D bang
8. Basket mouth

I cant continue to list names. But one fact remains that these guys made it big with their talents and not with their university degrees.

i read Microbiology in school but today i only remember that my cert is somewhere but what gives me money now has nothing to do with my degree but my hobbies(gifts or talents).

So  i would advice that you look inwards and do a thourough self examination to know that peculiar talent of yours that if transformed into a vocation will give you great wealth so our degree is to bring out the best in us towards refining our talents into a money spinner and not to obstinately search for jobs and make your life depend on that.

And the most pityful case is that many of these extablishments are owned by people who are not as educated as you. So Wise up.

Toks
Re: What Next After A 3rd Class From University? by D1KeleVra(m): 1:04pm On Feb 22, 2009
@Topic
Jail. grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy
Re: What Next After A 3rd Class From University? by lightest(m): 1:46pm On Feb 22, 2009
@poster

its time you grab a piece of "rich dad and poor dad" all the best
Re: What Next After A 3rd Class From University? by Jcob(m): 2:01pm On Feb 22, 2009
. . . . .And Think and grow rich. A female is berra off with a 3rd class. Atleast she got holes that can be punched by the fucking MDs. Had a gurl colleague that graduated with 3rd class. She got a job with UBA a month after graduation. No pgd, msc nor certifications. Her figure 8 did everything. Shes presently in another top bank as Assistant Marketing whatever.
Re: What Next After A 3rd Class From University? by D1KeleVra(m): 2:08pm On Feb 22, 2009
Biff! cheesy
Re: What Next After A 3rd Class From University? by onlysose(m): 2:29pm On Feb 22, 2009
The real meaning of knowledge is using your real life experience in interpreting abstract concept, so to learn is to change the path to enlightenment is at the middle way it is the path between two opposite exptremes.

In nigerian universities today if you block well you will never graduate with a bad grade. all you need to do is to split your pockect money into three and use 2/3 to block and you are in businesss.

when all grades of graduates are gathered and tested, in most time the university grading system becomes invalid.

after graduation, all you need to do is to position your self and try to project where the society is heading and spending in the near future then your can prepare yourself towards that area. then the world before you.

at the end a third class graduate if well positioned will end up employing the 1st class and 2nd class

thanks guy
Re: What Next After A 3rd Class From University? by Okijajuju1(m): 2:30pm On Feb 22, 2009
lightest:

@poster

its time you grab a piece of "rich dad and poor dad" all the best

More like a copy of GET RICH, OR DIE TRYIN' - 50 Cents.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Felicia Chidi, Commercial Vehicle Driver And How She Lost Her Estate / Meet Adebola Rebecca, GIGL’s First Female Captain (photos) / How Do I Break Into Oil & Gas Industry In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.