Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

Advice Pls: Am In Love With An SS - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Advice Pls: Am In Love With An SS (4189 Views)

My Ex Who Is Married Is On My Neck. Advice Pls [screen Shots] / Can I Go Ahead And Marry An Ss Genotype Lady? / Can U Marry An Ss Genotype (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advice Pls: Am In Love With An SS by BLACKKYBOY(m): 1:05pm On Dec 26, 2014
Woooooooh,see broda if u truly luv her as u say ,with her u hv rest of mind,peace n joy ,hv seen God changing SS to AA,it happen 2 pple I kn very well,isn't them say them say,so if u truly luv her ,u are nt d creator take her matter to God.note is base on ur belv,al am sure is dt God is in d business of changing SS to AA,I pray for her where ever she mayb nw ,the power of God will rest on her,turn tinz around for her ,change her from SS to AA only in d name of Jesus christ#Amen#broda the "word of God work"

1 Like

Re: Advice Pls: Am In Love With An SS by Nobody: 1:12pm On Dec 26, 2014
major466:
It's not advisable to marry someone with genotype ss. It will lead to sorrow and hardship in the end.

Why on earth should you conclude that ? undecidedI've seen someone with ss genotype give birth under normal condition , they only need extra care and proper medication that's all , as long as you're AA there's no harm getting married to someone with genotype SS

1 Like

Re: Advice Pls: Am In Love With An SS by Nobody: 1:15pm On Dec 26, 2014
kamikaze2458:
Dude i get it u had sex and all of that, but if you luv her let her go. Cos u'll cause her nothing but pain later on in life.

Are you trying to say a lady with genotype SS can never get married?
Re: Advice Pls: Am In Love With An SS by Nobody: 1:17pm On Dec 26, 2014
emerich:

With the Nigerian mentality, dating an SS is regarded a taboo, I feel they deserved to be loved as well, It's only the few educated ones that even stands a chance of a decent life.

which mentality is that? I don't think I've heard of it.
Re: Advice Pls: Am In Love With An SS by Nobody: 1:20pm On Dec 26, 2014
mesoade:
If you both get married.
She will die before she reaches 45,which will cos you agony loosing the mother of your kids
Your kids will be in agony loosing a mother
Your kids will live life without d care of a mother and you being a doctor will have little time for them,hence higher chance of being wayward
[b] Your kids might also be SS [/b[,giving you double wahala.
If you try to re-marry,what chance is it that the gals in question that you'll marry won't maltreat your kids.
Are you ready to go against the instructions of your parents?
Bro,i think it's better you let it slide

@ the first bolded , since when did you turn to a soothsayer ? undecided undecided

@ the second as longer he's AA that's medically impossible .
Re: Advice Pls: Am In Love With An SS by major466(m): 1:41pm On Dec 26, 2014
Elantracey:

Why on earth should you conclude that ? undecidedI've seen someone with ss genotype give birth under normal condition , they only need extra care and proper medication that's all , as long as you're AA there's no harm getting married to someone with genotype SS
My Comment was based on the the assumption that the Op might be AS.
Re: Advice Pls: Am In Love With An SS by major466(m): 1:42pm On Dec 26, 2014
emerich:

Thanks but am AA genotype, my siblings would be AS, and with the resent trend in science don't you think in the near future there would be a breakthrough in molecular DNA as regards SS.
Great. If you are AA, then there's no need to fear.

1 Like

Re: Advice Pls: Am In Love With An SS by Nobody: 1:43pm On Dec 26, 2014
major466:

My Comment was based on the the assumption that the Op might be AS.

Then you would have asked first , no sane AS will be thinking of getting married to SS
Re: Advice Pls: Am In Love With An SS by Funjosh(m): 1:50pm On Dec 26, 2014
So you want to let go all these because of what people mite say

Your happiness shouldnt depend on other peoples oppinion

emerich:

It's not about the sex, I feel a sense of belonging with her, there is this sense of happiness, joy, don't know to explain but I feel if u hv been in love u would get to know what am saying better, we haven't been together for over a year but each time she calls I feel alive.

1 Like

Re: Advice Pls: Am In Love With An SS by mesoade(m): 2:00pm On Dec 26, 2014
Elantracey:

@ the first bolded , since when did you turn to a soothsayer ? undecided undecided

@ the second as longer he's AA that's medically impossible .
probability . . I wasn't expressing certainty
Re: Advice Pls: Am In Love With An SS by Nobody: 2:06pm On Dec 26, 2014
mesoade:
probability . . I wasn't expressing certainty

Oh yes you did except you forgot , you made use of the verb 'will' not 'might'
Re: Advice Pls: Am In Love With An SS by mesoade(m): 2:15pm On Dec 26, 2014
Elantracey:

Oh yes you did except you forgot , you made use of the verb 'will' not 'might'
modified
Re: Advice Pls: Am In Love With An SS by rofemiguwa(f): 2:17pm On Dec 26, 2014
Don't tell anybody, I have a colleague his wife is ss, nobody knows,I only found out becos we were having a counselling session concerning my relationship, he told me if u love someone enough u shud stick and stand up for the person. It is u not people marrying the person, so why care about what people will say. Jus love her. And spoil her as if today is the last day of ur life everyday of ur life.
Sometin must kill a man. Don't live in fear of death. Live with love and desire to live.

If u truly love her,make her urs. My colleague has a child already and d lady is still alive and waxing strong.

Everytin depends on how much of a man u are and how much u tink u love her.
GOd bless.
emerich:

With the Nigerian mentality, dating an SS is regarded a taboo, I feel they deserved to be loved as well, It's only the few educated ones that even stands a chance of a decent life.

2 Likes

Re: Advice Pls: Am In Love With An SS by emerich(m): 2:36pm On Dec 26, 2014
BLACKKYBOY:
Woooooooh,see broda if u truly luv her as u say ,with her u hv rest of mind,peace n joy ,hv seen God changing SS to AA,it happen 2 pple I kn very well,isn't them say them say,so if u truly luv her ,u are nt d creator take her matter to God.note is base on ur belv,al am sure is dt God is in d business of changing SS to AA,I pray for her where ever she mayb nw ,the power of God will rest on her,turn tinz around for her ,change her from SS to AA only in d name of Jesus christ#Amen#broda the "word of God work"
Tnx Blackkboy, really appreciate ur heartfelt opinions.
Re: Advice Pls: Am In Love With An SS by emerich(m): 2:43pm On Dec 26, 2014
rofemiguwa:
Don't tell anybody, I have a colleague his wife is ss, nobody knows,I only found out becos we were having a counselling session concerning my relationship, he told me if u love someone enough u shud stick and stand up for the person. It is u not people marrying the person, so why care about what people will say. Jus love her. And spoil her as if today is the last day of ur life everyday of ur life.
Sometin must kill a man. Don't live in fear of death. Live with love and desire to live.

If u truly love her,make her urs. My colleague has a child already and d lady is still alive and waxing strong.

Everytin depends on how much of a man u are and how much u tink u love her.
GOd bless.
Thanks, love is all that matters anyway, you have a valid point.
Re: Advice Pls: Am In Love With An SS by polosco(m): 7:55pm On Dec 26, 2014
This is true, in as much as you are AA but she's SS the 2 of you can get married. All you need is to be ready to be there for her all the time. My wife was recently sick for close to 3 months, I thank God that I was sure of my calling to marry her or else I could have given up and she may have passed away with it but I stood on God's word and she came back. Be sure of your love for her.
pretydiva:
Since ur AA n she's SS, I blieve u both can get married,dat is if u wil b able 2 stand n b strong 4 her tru her trying tym..talk 2 ur parents abt it,who knows dey might accept her..gud luck

1 Like

Re: Advice Pls: Am In Love With An SS by emerich(m): 9:18pm On Dec 26, 2014
polosco:
This is true, in as much as you are AA but she's SS the 2 of you can get married. All you need is to be ready to be there for her all the time. My wife was recently sick for close to 3 months, I thank God that I was sure of my calling to marry her or else I could have given up and she may have passed away with it but I stood on God's word and she came back. Be sure of your love for her.
Being there for our loved ones truly shows how matured we are and the in-depth of our love. Tnx for ur contributions.
Re: Advice Pls: Am In Love With An SS by emerich(m): 9:24pm On Dec 26, 2014
Really amazed by the individual responses, criticism and contributions, never knew NL could be this interesting, was thinking NL was a teenage forum, glad to know there are a quite good nos of matured minds with well articulated sense of reasoning. Tnx for stopping by.
Re: Advice Pls: Am In Love With An SS by Davidbee(m): 9:38pm On Dec 26, 2014
mesoade:
If you both get married.
She might die before she reaches 45,which will cos you agony loosing the mother of your kids
Your kids will be in agony loosing a mother
Your kids will live life without d care of a mother and you being a doctor will have little time for them,hence higher chance of being wayward
Your kids might also be SS,giving you double wahala.
If you try to re-marry,what chance is it that the gals in question that you'll marry won't maltreat your kids.
Are you ready to go against the instructions of your parents?
Bro,i think it's better you let it slide

Dude u r so onpoint. I once dated an ss for 5years. My family doctor personally told me dt I av to be "extremely rich" b4 I can marry an ss.
Your spending stats frm d very day she get pregnant and u r gonna spnd till she gives birth. Its anoda double probm after she gives birth cos u r so gonna be visiting d hospital on monthly basis. Dem go even sabi u uella 4 d hospital.

Durin my 5 horrible years of dating dis gal, my experience cnt just be narrated her. I jes thank god I ddnt die in d course of going frm one hospital to anoda, not to talk of d money I av spent.

Good radiance to bad rubbish, d sicki sicki geh got interested in anoda dude and dumb my silly ass...

I was so happy

1 Like

Re: Advice Pls: Am In Love With An SS by Koko88(m): 11:48pm On Dec 27, 2014
bisous:
There are a number of SS who are able to weather the storm and since you are a medical doctor you might be able to manage the illness properly and contain it , since its a lifetime decision you may want to think through it properly,however if you aren't AA please just forget it and move on

Whatever rocks your boat.
Re: Advice Pls: Am In Love With An SS by emerich(m): 10:32pm On Jan 07, 2015
Koko88:

if he is a medical doctor, then he is an olodo doctor. Judging from his description of SS genotype, he can't be a MD... Maybe a pharm, physio or rad.
I don't blame you, It's jobless fools like you that goes spreading unfounded rumour, get a life hater.
Re: Advice Pls: Am In Love With An SS by sisiafrika(f): 2:23am On Jul 23, 2015
Koko88:

if he is a medical doctor, then he is an olodo doctor. Judging from his description of SS genotype, he can't be a MD... Maybe a pharm, physio or rad.
u are a fool! A non-entity for that matter. What makes u think he should be a pharm and nt d almighty physician u so deny? U need to have ur head checkd. Bloody illiterate
Re: Advice Pls: Am In Love With An SS by skyfullofstars(f): 2:32am On Jul 23, 2015
Hello everybody! I'm not from Nigeria, and I don't know much about sickle cell. Can you explain me what it is? I read about it on the internet, but the medical articles I found were too technical for me.

I would like to know whether it's contagious, or in this case why the family wouldn't accept the lady if she has the disease. What are the problems?

Thank you so much
Re: Advice Pls: Am In Love With An SS by SunshineNYC(f): 3:13am On Jul 23, 2015
It won't be an easy road but if you love her and think it's worth it I say go for it. the biggest concerns would be the likelihood of bringing children in to the world that have sickle cell and managing through her times of illness that may come in the future. She is a woman that deserves to be loved regardless of her genotype and you deserve to be with the person you love. Pray, pray and pray some more. God can do all things. Trust him and ask him for the answers and guidance you need in this situation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advice Pls: Am In Love With An SS by SunshineNYC(f): 3:25am On Jul 23, 2015
skyfullofstars:
Hello everybody! I'm not from Nigeria, and I don't know much about sickle cell. Can you explain me what it is? I read about it on the internet, but the medical articles I found were too technical for me.

I would like to know whether it's contagious, or in this case why the family wouldn't accept the lady if she has the disease. What are the problems?

Thank you so much

It's a genetic (hereditary) disorder that affects the red blood cells. Instead of being a concave disc shape the cells are sickle (half moon) shaped. Hence the name "sickle cell". The shape of the cells caus them to clump together and get stuck in vessels. This affects blood flow and oxygen transport around the body. If cells don't get the oxygen they need a lot of unfortunate things begin to happen in the body including unbearable pain and severe anemia.

That's an explanation to the best of my knowledge. There's a lot more accurate information out there.

1 Like

Re: Advice Pls: Am In Love With An SS by skyfullofstars(f): 5:00am On Jul 23, 2015
SunshineNYC:

It's a genetic (hereditary) disorder that affects the red blood cells. Instead of being a concave disc shape the cells are sickle (half moon) shaped. Hence the name "sickle cell". The shape of the cells caus them to clump together and get stuck in vessels. This affects blood flow and oxygen transport around the body. If cells don't get the oxygen they need a lot of unfortunate things begin to happen in the body including unbearable pain and severe anemia.

That's an explanation to the best of my knowledge. There's a lot more accurate information out there.

Wow, this is so interesting. And can it be passed from adults to babies? For example, if the father has the disease, and they have a child, can the baby have the disease from birth? Thank u so much
Re: Advice Pls: Am In Love With An SS by SunshineNYC(f): 2:14pm On Jul 23, 2015
skyfullofstars:

Wow, this is so interesting. And can it be passed from adults to babies? For example, if the father has the disease, and they have a child, can the baby have the disease from birth? Thank u so much

Yes babies can get the gene if the parents have it. The severity of the babies Sickle Cell (if they get it) depends on the genotype of both parents. Sometimes a baby may have traits of the disease but not the full blown disease. There are a lot of factors that determine whether or not the gene gets passed on and to what extent.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ladies: Would You Date A Guy Wearing Earrings? / 5 Sure Signs She's Losing Interest In The Relationship / My Numerous Nairaland Monikers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.