Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,815 members, 7,817,364 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:00 AM

I Find It Funny When People Talk About Us - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Find It Funny When People Talk About Us (860 Views)

My Dilemma-can I Find Love Again? / Why Do So Many People Talk So Bad About Nigerian Men? / What Would You Talk About On The Phone With Your Girlfriend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Find It Funny When People Talk About Us by grimandevil: 1:26pm On Dec 26, 2014
for me oo. all d fear of sickle cell and stuff is d fear d will die early abi. but think of it dis way even d AA genotype still die before d age of 40.

and to think of it again u guys r saying i hav less dat 10yrs to die . #i cant wait

a doctor once told me to cheer up dat i look health dat God will mak me live up to 40yrs. dat he know of a sickler dat lived upto 40. i was lik should dat b a good news? funny enuf i went for eye check up oo. nt even hospital.

anyway i dont fall sick dat much. infact i hardly. my first babe be like what r we going to do because of falling sick regulaly . i now asked her one question. i told her to calculate d number of times i hav taken her to d hospital and d number of times i hv gone to d hospital. d ratio was lik 10:1 . cos she falls sick lik every other week.

remembered when my twin died during one of his crisis period. and everyone was lik over petting me. trust me na i used d privilege and i enjoyed d pampering .

all dis dramer is just fear of death . when everyone realises death will surly come be u sickler or nt den we will see dat der is nothing to fear. lol

3 Likes

Re: I Find It Funny When People Talk About Us by temitemi1(m): 1:34pm On Dec 26, 2014
My brother God is with u....
Re: I Find It Funny When People Talk About Us by kelvine(m): 2:16pm On Dec 26, 2014
There are exceptions to every rule even in medicine,you appear to be a fortunate Sickle cell carrier without regular history of crisis. This is grace and I believe you should be thankful. Many of the patients who died of this disease apparently were not afraid of death as you mentioned, the nature of the disease simply overwhelmed them. However I find your zeal an encouragement for everyone in similar situation. Make sure you understand your body and avoid undermining medical checks. I believe in miracles with you.
Re: I Find It Funny When People Talk About Us by grimandevil: 9:37pm On Dec 26, 2014
kelvine:
There are exceptions to every rule even in medicine,you appear to be a fortunate Sickle cell carrier without regular history of crisis. This is grace and I believe you should be thankful. Many of the patients who died of this disease apparently were not afraid of death as you mentioned, the nature of the disease simply overwhelmed them. However I find your zeal an encouragement for everyone in similar situation. Make sure you understand your body and avoid undermining medical checks. I believe in miracles with you.

yea bro u r right. according to research sickle cell is in 3grades. high med low. d high fall sick alot d med once in a while and d low is lik every other genotype. d hardly fall sick.

1 Like

Re: I Find It Funny When People Talk About Us by Begonia(m): 10:15pm On Dec 26, 2014
Op; please live your life to the fullest. I'm so glad you're not letting sickle cell disease set you back. When I saw your thread, I knew I had to make a comment.

I know quite a number of people who are SS but only 2 are close to me. One had a bone marrow transplant which was 100% successful and therefore doesn't have sickle cell disease anymore. The second is a woman who has always looked very fragile. She's lived with this disease for over 50 years. She's happily married with 3 children. No one thought she'll make it this long or even be able to bring 3 children out of her fragile body but she's still here.

Not everyone with sickle cell disease is as lucky as you are or the 2 people above but as you rightly said, we're all going to die anyway. So just keep enjoying your life.. Of course without ignoring your medications and taking important precautions.
Take care! smiley

1 Like

Re: I Find It Funny When People Talk About Us by chidekings(m): 10:53pm On Dec 26, 2014
some topics are worth commenting on.

Op all i can say is that,to be frank,i love ur spirit
Re: I Find It Funny When People Talk About Us by Nobody: 10:59pm On Dec 26, 2014
I love your spirit
Re: I Find It Funny When People Talk About Us by DrObum(m): 11:00pm On Dec 26, 2014
I love that spirit!

Don't live life walking in fear, but don't also be foolhardy!

Be health conscious, have a good health seeking behaviour.

Follow good medical advice!

And live your life beyond bounds man!
Re: I Find It Funny When People Talk About Us by jhidey08(m): 12:34am On Dec 27, 2014
I av a lot of empathy for pple wit problens. My eyes r already filled wit tears now. When i come across things lyk dis, it makes me realize there is nothing in dis world afterall. God is ur strength....
Re: I Find It Funny When People Talk About Us by Abali1(m): 7:03am On Jan 12, 2015
grimandevil:
for me oo. all d fear of sickle cell and stuff is d fear d will die early abi. but think of it dis way even d AA genotype still die before d age of 40.

and to think of it again u guys r saying i hav less dat 10yrs to die . #i cant wait

a doctor once told me to cheer up dat i look health dat God will mak me live up to 40yrs. dat he know of a sickler dat lived upto 40. i was lik should dat b a good news? funny enuf i went for eye check up oo. nt even hospital.

Bro, I don't know how old you are. But next time anybody says such a thing to you, rebuke him/her like Jesus rebuked Peter, and tell him/her that you will surely eat rice at his/her funeral.
NO MAN IS YOUR god.................... THANK GOD for being GOD

1 Like

Re: I Find It Funny When People Talk About Us by khia: 7:09am On Jan 12, 2015
grimandevil:

anyway i dont fall sick dat much. infact i hardly. my first babe be like what r we going to do because of falling sick regulaly . i now asked her one question. i told her to calculate d number of times i hav taken her to d hospital and d number of times i hv gone to d hospital. d ratio was lik 10:1 . cos she falls sick lik every other week.

remembered when my twin died during one of his crisis period. and everyone was lik over petting me. trust me na i used d privilege and i enjoyed d pampering .

all dis dramer is just fear of death . when everyone realises death will surly come be u sickler or nt den we will see dat der is nothing to fear. lol

I know an AA lady who is in her 60's with sickle cell and she rarely gets sick.
You will be fine.
Re: I Find It Funny When People Talk About Us by alberto2k(m): 7:37am On Jan 12, 2015
Brotherly
The Lord will strengthen u
I love ur spirit mehn
Re: I Find It Funny When People Talk About Us by Lisaflex(f): 9:06am On Jan 12, 2015
Nw dts wot i'm talking abt... If d op is ds strong,who r u 2 gv up hope? #Don't' die until u r dead#
Re: I Find It Funny When People Talk About Us by DerKaiser: 9:09am On Jan 12, 2015
May the Lord be your stronghold Fam.

Keep being positive

(1) (Reply)

I Wonder Why Making Friend With Ladies Seems To Be Hard / How To Spot A Single Woman / Try Being Attractive, Beauty May Not Be Enough

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.