Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:54 AM

Why Do So Many People Talk So Bad About Nigerian Men? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do So Many People Talk So Bad About Nigerian Men? (13994 Views)

10 Common Misconceptions Guys Have About Nigerian Ladies / She Turned Me Down Now She Is Feeling Bad About My New Girlfriend. / Why Women Talk So Much And Men Talk So Little In A Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do So Many People Talk So Bad About Nigerian Men? by SarahMaria: 1:35pm On Jul 13, 2011
Really I can not understand it.

When I meet Africans of other nations they are telling me to be careful with my Nigerian husband.
They are all players and liars and so on.

A white woman who is married to a man from Guinea tells me all the time that I am stupid to be with a Nigerian. She said she know it from here husband that Nigerian men are bad and only play with women.

I do not want to hear all this. I know my husband. He is a very good person and I do not like how people talk about him and the whole nation. Is that normal? Why does they say something like that. It really piss me of and whatever I say back to these ignorant persons, they are laughing at me and they say I will see in future that that what they said was true.

undecided angry

2 Likes

Re: Why Do So Many People Talk So Bad About Nigerian Men? by MrsChima(f): 1:58pm On Jul 13, 2011
You must be NEW.  There are MORE THREAD BASHING and DEFAMING Nigerian women THAN NIGERIAN MEN collectively. 

Oh my goodness!  WTF are MOST OF you Nigerian men doing to these pale women that they feel that YOU MOFOS are INNOCENT?!! 

You need to read more threads then see if you feel that what you are hearing is false.  Even the very NIGERIAN MEN are supporting the same thing YOU ARE HEARING. 

Why do you think a chatter name Tpia is saying that they are shaming their villages and families?  For decoration?  No.
Re: Why Do So Many People Talk So Bad About Nigerian Men? by koolkamzzy(m): 2:00pm On Jul 13, 2011
IMO being good or bad has got nothing to do with race, religion or country of origin. It’s got to do with the individual involved.

If you truly love your guy I will advise you stick to him. People will always talk and also remember that "it takes two to tango"

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Why Do So Many People Talk So Bad About Nigerian Men? by SarahMaria: 2:04pm On Jul 13, 2011
I do not talk about the users in this forum.
I talk about my experience in real life.

I am a white girl and when I say that my husband is a Nigerian they feel like they can say any rubbish to me what comes into their mind and I am tired of this.

I do not think that Nigerian men are worster than other men of other races.

1 Like

Re: Why Do So Many People Talk So Bad About Nigerian Men? by Mamken(f): 2:08pm On Jul 13, 2011
where r u from sarah?

in some countries nigerian r seen worster than others. the reasons r less the way they behave with women, but more the way they involve into criminal activities.

i guess u r ether swiss, german or italian.
Re: Why Do So Many People Talk So Bad About Nigerian Men? by iice(f): 2:17pm On Jul 13, 2011
We have a reputation in all sorts of things, some earned, some made, some a blanket situation.
Focus on your husband. . .if you know him, don't overstress yourself with what people are saying because it won't stop and you'll use up all your energy and time fighting and warring. Be happy that you found one good one.

1 Like

Re: Why Do So Many People Talk So Bad About Nigerian Men? by kokoye(m): 3:38pm On Jul 13, 2011
Sarah,

There are bad people everywhere . . and there are good people everywhere . . you know it is true.

You know you got a good man. Keep him

It is OK for people to have their reservations about whoever but you need to stand up for your man and he will stand up for you.

Mrs Chima talked trash earlier . . .asked her who she is married to: a Nigerian, and that's why she is on Nairaland.

Stay strong and focused and you will be alright.

Let those people know you have a good man and their opinion may start to change.

1 Like

Re: Why Do So Many People Talk So Bad About Nigerian Men? by Sijo01(f): 3:43pm On Jul 13, 2011
they are jealous of you because a Nigeria man is not looking their way. forget whatever they are saying and focus on how to build your home and enjoy your life with your husband. cheers!

1 Like

Re: Why Do So Many People Talk So Bad About Nigerian Men? by sistajay(f): 4:18pm On Jul 13, 2011
Hehehehe. . . . . .Nigerian men you either love them or hate them. @Sarahmaria, what you've heard is true bout them, please note not all Nigerian men!!
Re: Why Do So Many People Talk So Bad About Nigerian Men? by tpia5: 4:23pm On Jul 13, 2011
these men must be giving the women some good jazz, otherwise how does one explain the giddiness after they meet them.

just like the one who after receiving a good s.hagging and weed smoking, came online to announce how she "loves nigerian people".

not you, @ poster.
Re: Why Do So Many People Talk So Bad About Nigerian Men? by livedit(f): 4:38pm On Jul 13, 2011
kokoye:

Sarah,

There are bad people everywhere . . and there are good people everywhere . . you know it is true.

It is OK for people to have their reservations about whoever but you need to stand up for your man and he will stand up for you.

Mrs Chima talked trash earlier . . .asked her who she is married to: a Nigerian, and that's why she is on Nairaland.

Let those people know you have a good man and their opinion may start to change.

Excellent post kokoye! I'm an American Black Woman married to a Nigerian man. And I get the same thing. I just let them know, first of all, quit stereotyping. Livedit hates it!! Yes, there are some Nigerian men/women who are exactly as they are saying. But not ALL of them are that way. Just like not ALL black women are ghetto, gold-diggers, loud, demanding, welfare recipients and so on. A hand full of rotten people can not account for everyone in this world. You say you have a good man, school them on that. They can take it or leave it. You know differently. Let them think what they want to think. It's their right. Don't let what he/she say determine your lively hood and/or relationship about a certain group of people. Their's garbage in every race.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do So Many People Talk So Bad About Nigerian Men? by islamrules(m): 4:44pm On Jul 13, 2011
This is just a cooked up post to fight previous thread about Nigerian ladies shiitdiggers

1 Like

Re: Why Do So Many People Talk So Bad About Nigerian Men? by pleep(m): 4:46pm On Jul 13, 2011
Sarahmaria once a steriotype gets started it's hard to stop. unfourtunatly, Nigerians created this steriotype and it's widespread now.   sad and alot of women seem to think that if things didn't work out between them and a Nigerian its because of his nationality even if it isn't.

People from Ghana do the same things as nigerians but don't have a reputation.
Re: Why Do So Many People Talk So Bad About Nigerian Men? by MMM2(m): 4:49pm On Jul 13, 2011
op
i am not from 9ja. angry
Re: Why Do So Many People Talk So Bad About Nigerian Men? by MrsChima(f): 5:20pm On Jul 13, 2011
kokoye:

Sarah,

The reason I am on NAIRALAND has nothing to do with my husband. I knew about Nairaland WAY before I knew my husband and I HAVE NIGERIAN FRIENDS and relatives as well if you must know. Nairaland is a very popular site and there are Nigerians/Africans who speak about it AT WORK and PUBLIC GATHERINGS. So again do not assumed what YOU DO NOT KNOW.

Now getting back to what I said earlier there are more TRASH TALKING ABOUT NIGERIAN WOMEN than NIGERIAN MEN and the very SAME NIGERIAN MEN are SAYING THE EXACT same thing she claimed she have heard so what do you expect people that approached her to think? The opposite? Be real.

Now I stand on what I said EARLIER AND NOW.

1 Like

Re: Why Do So Many People Talk So Bad About Nigerian Men? by MrsChima(f): 5:24pm On Jul 13, 2011
pleep:

Sarahmaria once a steriotype gets started it's hard to stop. unfourtunatly, Nigerians created this steriotype and it's widespread now.   sad and alot of women seem to think that if things didn't work out between them and a Nigerian its because of his nationality even if it isn't.

People from Ghana do the same things as nigerians but don't have a reputation.

Thank you for keeping it real.  That's what I was saying earlier that if YOU HAVE THE SAME NIGERIANS that boasting about what they are doing illegally or supporting such acts WHAT DO YOU EXPECT AN OUTSIDER TO DO?  Believe the opposite? 

The first thing needed to be done is TO PROMOTE POSITIVE IMAGE about their way of life and traditions then many people thoughts would change.  It doesn't matter whom I am married to or who the OP is married to PEOPLE ARE STILL GOING TO HAVE NEGATIVE VIEWS regardless. 

It is Nigerians job to show them POSITIVE IMAGES and enforce it daily.  Simple. 

You are right Ghanians and everybody else does it but unfortunately it is sticking to Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Why Do So Many People Talk So Bad About Nigerian Men? by 190: 5:24pm On Jul 13, 2011
OP

Maybe they are advising you to beware cos NIGERIAN men are the best in bed

Its a worldwide known fact  undecided
Re: Why Do So Many People Talk So Bad About Nigerian Men? by kokoye(m): 5:30pm On Jul 13, 2011
Bottomline. if you react based on peoples' opinion, you will never be happy.

You know you got a good man. Keep him . . and say good things about him.

and for you know who, this aint about Nigerian men or women. This is about Nigerians, period.

The poster came here to seek peoples' opinion and here we are: Nigerians still beating down on our own.

sad.
Re: Why Do So Many People Talk So Bad About Nigerian Men? by Mynd44: 5:31pm On Jul 13, 2011
The OP has been nyashed seriously by a Nigerian and is addicted to the good stuff
Re: Why Do So Many People Talk So Bad About Nigerian Men? by 190: 5:32pm On Jul 13, 2011
^they say once DEBE always DEBE

Nigerian d[i]ic[/i]k is seriously addictive
Re: Why Do So Many People Talk So Bad About Nigerian Men? by 190: 5:34pm On Jul 13, 2011
Least i forget [size=28pt]GREEEEN CARRRRDD!!![/size] grin grin grin
Re: Why Do So Many People Talk So Bad About Nigerian Men? by MrsChima(f): 5:36pm On Jul 13, 2011
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do So Many People Talk So Bad About Nigerian Men? by Mynd44: 6:13pm On Jul 13, 2011
Well use what you have to get what you want. The guy has the rod, the girl has the GREEN CARD
Re: Why Do So Many People Talk So Bad About Nigerian Men? by 190: 6:19pm On Jul 13, 2011
^Its called scratch my back - I scratch your back undecided
Re: Why Do So Many People Talk So Bad About Nigerian Men? by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jul 13, 2011
Not all Nigerian Men are Bad Though! But i have to Agree with some replies here! Green Card, Scams and what have you not! No one is Perfect! white, black, nigerian. . . All i'll say is love your Imperfect Nigerian Man Perfectly! wink

1 Like

Re: Why Do So Many People Talk So Bad About Nigerian Men? by zubeyr(m): 6:49pm On Jul 13, 2011
because they like to show off when in reality are broke and lazy and most other africans don't trust them
Re: Why Do So Many People Talk So Bad About Nigerian Men? by kokoye(m): 7:01pm On Jul 13, 2011
^^^

another jealous and bitter neighbour.
Re: Why Do So Many People Talk So Bad About Nigerian Men? by Mcleo007(m): 9:47pm On Jul 13, 2011
190:

^they say once DEBE always DEBE

Nigerian d[i]ic[/i]k is seriously addictive

Lmao.

+op, stick to ur flow. U got rhymes and skills.
Re: Why Do So Many People Talk So Bad About Nigerian Men? by Tosinville(m): 10:23pm On Jul 13, 2011
lol
Re: Why Do So Many People Talk So Bad About Nigerian Men? by Mynd44: 3:15am On Jul 14, 2011
Hmmm
Re: Why Do So Many People Talk So Bad About Nigerian Men? by Esinwaju: 4:24am On Jul 14, 2011
zubeyr:

because they like to show off when in reality are broke and lazy and most other africans don't trust them
Dig a hole and bury yourself.
Re: Why Do So Many People Talk So Bad About Nigerian Men? by 9jafetish(f): 6:03am On Jul 14, 2011
SarahMaria:

Really I can not understand it.

When I meet Africans of other nations they are telling me to be careful with my Nigerian husband.
They are all players and liars and so on.

A white woman who is married to a man from Guinea tells me all the time that I am silly to be with a Nigerian. She said she know it from here husband that Nigerian men are bad and only play with women.

I do not want to hear all this. I know my husband. He is a very good person and I do not like how people talk about him and the whole nation. Is that normal? Why does they say something like that. It really piss me of and whatever I say back to these ignorant persons, they are laughing at me and they say I will see in future that that what they said was true.

undecided angry

its true u must be very careful with them especially when your alone at night in a room with them.

its very hard to trust 9ja men,sometimes i wonder if they even care about girls feelings.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

8 Reasons Not To Marry A Perfectionist - Opinion / Woman Allows Madman Have S#x With Her In Public (VIDEO) / The Wooing Challenge [rules & Schedule]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.