Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,758 members, 7,820,637 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:38 PM

Exclusive: Why I’ll Win This Time – Buhari - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Exclusive: Why I’ll Win This Time – Buhari (38790 Views)

For The First Time Buhari Broke Gej Record / EXCLUSIVE: Why I’ll Win This Time – Buhari / Exclusive: Why Governor Lamido Abandoned Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Exclusive: Why I’ll Win This Time – Buhari by anonimi: 8:01am On Dec 27, 2014
egift:

Anyone supporting Buhari knows who he is and what he represents. When Buhari starts prosecuting corrupt practices, Nigerian politicians will be exposing each other here and there - Only a criminal minded fellow will not want that to happen.

Vote Buhari 2015.

- The same way he prosecuted (protected) Alhaji Shehu Shagari, the President he overthrew COMPARED to (persecuted) Dr. Alex Ekwueme who was his Vice President, abi?
- The same way he prosecuted (protected) Alhaji Awal Ibrahim, the Niger state governor he overthrew COMPARED to (persecuted) Prof. Ambrose Alli, the Bendel state governor before his COUP, abi nor be so?

Bloody ethno-religious bigot & HYPOCRITE!!!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Exclusive: Why I’ll Win This Time – Buhari by emeka2847: 8:02am On Dec 27, 2014
OBVIOUSLY, THIS MAN IS BETTER THAN JONA.

PDP should stop campaigning with religion and ethnicity. MY PEOPLE LET US SHINE OUR EYES THIS TIME.

5 Likes

Re: Exclusive: Why I’ll Win This Time – Buhari by Ogbodavies(m): 8:02am On Dec 27, 2014
I no blame you general,.....na dat bayelsaman wey no get idea of ruling .

1 Like

Re: Exclusive: Why I’ll Win This Time – Buhari by wwwkaycom(m): 8:06am On Dec 27, 2014
But they said this man is illiterate, honestly GEJ with his PhD has never been this sharp and smart in answering interviewer's question in all the 6 years of his presidency
I'd rather vote for the people's general
Sai Buhari

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Exclusive: Why I’ll Win This Time – Buhari by thegoodone2(m): 8:06am On Dec 27, 2014
GMB has 65% chance to win this time around.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Exclusive: Why I’ll Win This Time – Buhari by PassingShot(m): 8:06am On Dec 27, 2014
Gboliwe:
Foolish hypocrite!

He says he is going to work so well religion and tribe will not be noticed. He says he will work with performance. And yes, justice. Great words indeed, that's exactly what we ask but the killer question came and the hypocrite failed it as expected!

You were given the mandate to choose your running mate, why osibanjo since you don't even know him nor have any knowledge of his performance? Why not Fashola or someone with this performance pedigree? (Paraphrased)

The aged hypocrite and muslim fundamentalist foooooooooooooooooooool doesn't have a sane answer! What a joke.

You're just murmuring incoherently.

5 Likes

Re: Exclusive: Why I’ll Win This Time – Buhari by donPhill(m): 8:07am On Dec 27, 2014
story for d gods...
Gej till 2019

5 Likes

Re: Exclusive: Why I’ll Win This Time – Buhari by justscorch: 8:07am On Dec 27, 2014
I kinda like Buhari the guy no dey take nonsense and that's the kind of leader this stubborn nation need

4 Likes

Re: Exclusive: Why I’ll Win This Time – Buhari by nwonufestus(m): 8:09am On Dec 27, 2014
clears throat n sip fanta, u r jst a babble-rouser

1 Like

Re: Exclusive: Why I’ll Win This Time – Buhari by Akpan107(m): 8:10am On Dec 27, 2014
9jii:
The change is surely coming.

GMB2015.
Nothing will ever stop Buhari from losing come 2015.

2 Likes

Re: Exclusive: Why I’ll Win This Time – Buhari by Timijo(m): 8:15am On Dec 27, 2014
sortpub:
My general,
Above all:
You are the choice of the people,
You are the voice of the people,
The voice of the people is the voice of God.
You are the Lord's choosen.
Come May 2015, you shall be anointed.
Please speak for ursef alone and stop generalising thing. He is not my choice. GEJ TILL 2019.

4 Likes

Re: Exclusive: Why I’ll Win This Time – Buhari by Nobody: 8:18am On Dec 27, 2014
DREAMING IS ALLOWED IN POLITICS! DREAM ON! THE CRYING GENERAL. cool

E go soon clear you for eyes.

Oh! I almost forgot to add, GEJ till 2019.

3 Likes

Re: Exclusive: Why I’ll Win This Time – Buhari by Newkidoo(m): 8:18am On Dec 27, 2014
eaglechild:
If you could recall, I was being held on it by a number of people when I broke down in 2010, when I said after that attempt I won’t attempt again. But my supporters all over the country said since I didn’t say I have resigned completely from politics in the press statement I issued, I cannot refuse them. So my supporters ganged up and said I must compete.

Buhari is shameless.

How can one continually hunger for power since 1983?

That is something you cant see.. It is not that this man is hungry for power, this man really wants to change this country!! He has the passion that is why he hasn't given up since.. When he was the military president then, this man was really moving Nigeria to greatness if only he had stayed In office longer!!..
Try to remove sentiments and study this man.. Get his interviews, look at the way he talks.. Even when he burst into tears in 2011, you would see that he was really pained not because he was hungry for power but because all his intentions to change this country are no more visible.. I believe in this man.. You should too

Sai buhari 2015

13 Likes

Re: Exclusive: Why I’ll Win This Time – Buhari by Nobody: 8:21am On Dec 27, 2014
If una like... Make una talk. Offline is were the battle is.. And I can tell all you online supporters of Jonathan that the masses are angry. I keep asking people whom they will vote for come 2015 and ALL... Say GMB.

Even a friend I met at wedding said it's Buhari. He is from Portharcourt.

4 Likes

Re: Exclusive: Why I’ll Win This Time – Buhari by anonimi: 8:22am On Dec 27, 2014
justscorch:
I kinda like Buhari the guy no dey take nonsense and that's the kind of leader this stubborn nation need

Do you mean to say YOU are stubborn like a "useless & senseless" goat that is repeatedly flogged just to move from one place to another shocked

[url=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEMLFwBxrzI][/url]

Is that stubbornness by chance a common trait in your folks & friends whom I presume are also part of this beautifully endowed nation, Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Exclusive: Why I’ll Win This Time – Buhari by Flets: 8:23am On Dec 27, 2014
Terrorists are not allowed in asorock. Buhari can only dream.
His baggages are too much to bear.....Imagine a president promising to soak his citizens in blood
Imagine condemning an attack on bokoharam
Urging muslims to vote only Muslims. .... was he under the influence when he made these statements?

How can he fight corruption when Tinubu and Atiku (the most corrupt nigerians alive) are his funders. How will he probe them?

Buhari condemns Nigerian army for fighting bokoharam.
Read!!!!

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/buhari-military-offensive-against-boko-haram-anti-north/149256/

3 Likes

Re: Exclusive: Why I’ll Win This Time – Buhari by sufido123: 8:24am On Dec 27, 2014
Buhari is dreaming. This dream will turn to nightmare come Election Day.

3 Likes

Re: Exclusive: Why I’ll Win This Time – Buhari by kelvinnn(m): 8:26am On Dec 27, 2014
Juliaann:
I don't even know what to tell this man

Old cargo
ur much hatred for this man might even make him win come 2015.

1 Like

Re: Exclusive: Why I’ll Win This Time – Buhari by seangy4konji: 8:26am On Dec 27, 2014
You will win boss

2 Likes

Re: Exclusive: Why I’ll Win This Time – Buhari by F22RAPTOR(m): 8:26am On Dec 27, 2014
80% of people commenting on these issues were not even born when this tyrant was in power and they wouldn't read historical facts. talk to someone elderly and they would explain better. There was a reason why IBB had to oust him from power. Young people stupidly following politicians who speak from both sides of their mouth...smh

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Exclusive: Why I’ll Win This Time – Buhari by Wahala90: 8:27am On Dec 27, 2014
[size=13pt]My 2015 elections prediction: One candidate will win while the other will be going to court and the loser's supporters will be all over the internet lambasting the election and the winner's fans will be all over the newspapers congratulating the winner and there will be more bombings in Nigeria but the winner will care less and be in power for four years when Nigeria will decide to stay together or separate into 7 parts. [/size]

3 Likes

Re: Exclusive: Why I’ll Win This Time – Buhari by Equiano: 8:27am On Dec 27, 2014
BUHARI IS DISCIPLINED NOT INCORRUPTIBLE.
I know many people are going to attack me but it's not
going to stop what I am about to say from being
nothing but the truth. People that know me face to face
knows that no amount of abuse will stop me from
saying another truth.
In fact I see those that are going to abuse me as not
knowing the difference between two simple English
words: Disciplined and Incorruptible. Don't laugh at
them please English is not a native language here.
I know you're reading because I wrote in my title that
General Buhari is not incorruptible. Yes! That is the
truth. Here are my reasons:
1, Every Nigerian knows that anyone that buys stolen
goods is as guilty as the thief. Buhari is campaigning
with stolen funds that he is aware that they were stolen
by Tinubu and co from Lagos state and others. No
incorruptible man will do that.
2, The late Afro Legend Fela Kuti once sang about a
missing 2.8 billion Naira that missed when Buhari was
in charge of NNPC in his song Army Arrangement. It
was to stop the probe of the money that led to the
overthrow of the Shagari administration by Buhari
after the majority leader in the Senate then:Sen. Olu
Saraki was alleged to have traced the money to
London.
3, When he was the Head of state, the missing 52
money boxes when he was changing the colour of
Naira that was traced to his hometown: Daura was
swept under the carpet by his regime.
If incorruptible still means unable to be corrupted
morally, Buhari is disciplined and not incorruptible. His
marketers should market him as such, unless they
think we don't know the difference between the two
words or they don't know.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Exclusive: Why I’ll Win This Time – Buhari by itopayahaya: 8:29am On Dec 27, 2014
The. Only thing dat left for pdp is riging s legal. Why should I be harassed for claiming my right? The party gave me the mandate.
[b]WT: [/b]You are yet to articulate an agenda to Nigerians...
Buhari:Our manifesto is coming.
[b]WT: [/b]May we have a preview?
Buhari:But I’ve already stated that there are two fundamental issues. All other things are under security. If you don’t secure the country, you’ll be wasting your time. The government has the capacity to do some things simultaneously. This is to stop corruption.
[b]WT: [/b]What is your relationship with former Nigerian leaders, such as General Ibrahim Babangida, Olusegun Obasanjo and the rest?
Buhari:Obasanjo, of course, I competed against him in 2003 and he is still a member of the PDP. They are my biggest political enemies. I don’t think Babangida is an active member of the party like Obasanjo. We’re pressing our rights as Nigerians. Once we are out of uniform, we can pick a party of our choice. But whether in or out of uniform, everyone has the right to vote in his or her constituency. I don’t see anything between me and my former colleagues, senior or junior.
[b]WT: [/b]People say you were dictatorial when you were Head of State, but the tune seems different today, that then it was Idiagbon who was behind that approach. What was the true picture of things then?
Buhari:Idiagbon, may his soul rest in perfect peace, was very hard-working and loyal. That was his fault, being loyal. He’ll take instructions from me and implement to the letter. And because he refused to smile when he was in office, and was not sparing anybody, they put most of the blame on him. Now that he’s not there and I’m alive, they are shifting the blame to me. He was a committed Nigerian. Idiagbon had been militarily following my footsteps. He was commander of 31 Infantry Brigade, now Mechanized Brigade, which I established after the war. When I left, nexta Muslim. I’m still a Muslim. Nobody had ever talked about religion when we were around. Gowon was in charge of this country for nine years, thirty months of which was a civil war. All his commanders, Army, Navy, Air Force and Supreme Headquarters were Christians and nobody talked. When Abiola became a politician, he contested and picked his running mate Kingibe, a Muslim from Borno State. If there was justice, they won that election. But Nigerians now have certainly allowed their attention to be diverted from productivity to religious arguments and so on.
WT: [/b]What will you say to critics who translated your relationship with Idiagbon to say you’re weak?
Buhari:Give me the chance next year and see whether I’m weak or not.
WT: You just complained about how the society has been reduced to a religious and ethnic affair. What would you do if you become president come 2015?
Buhari:The way I’ll do it is by performance. It’s what is physically on the ground that matters, not what faith you practice. The constitution of the Federal republic of Nigeria says you can belong to any religion or even choose not to. It’s your business. But the fundamental issue of Nigeria is security.
[b]WT:
(Cuts in) But that didn’t come to play in the process of choosing your running mate, Osinbajo as your running mate...
Buhari:You can’t absolutely ignore perception. At the same time, you’ll not allow perception to tamper with the reality on ground or social justice.
WT: A former associate of yours, Buba Galadima, said he left you because you reneged on your promise not to contest again. But here we are...
Buhari:Since I’ve gone back on what I said, the only thing for him and his followers is not to vote for me next year.
WT: If he comes back, would you accept him?
Buhari:He’s welcome.
[b]WT: [/b]You left the army in 1985. What did you delve into after being released from house arrest?
Buhari: I went home and looked after my cattle.
[b]WT: [/b]There are alarming statistics regarding youth unemployment in Nigeria. If elected, what exactly would be your solution?
Buhari: The problem is that every unemployed youth is frightened. And a number of people think we are sitting on a keg of gunpowder, which is true. But what can be done rapidly to assuage the situation. I think agriculture and solid minerals would quickly move them away from unemployment. Other things have to take time, because you need to rehabilitate the infrastructure, especially education. You don’t get qualified teachers overnight. We’ve to cultivate it by retraining them and make teaching attractive so that teachers would agree to go to the institutions. Then renovate the institutions. It is disheartening to see children in some local governments sitting on the ground under a tree with a makeshift blackboard. I think that is indefensible. There must be enough resources to put educational infrastructures on ground. That’s very important, as is healthcare.
[b]WT: [/b]Should Nigerians expect to see the Buhari brand of justice when you come into power?
Buhari: I think the practical way of approaching corruption in this country – and I make reference to NEPA, the petroleum industry and the military – is to draw a line. Whatever is the cause, we’ll not interfere with the courts, except that we’ll stay on their backs. Let them treat corruption cases as best as they can. From the day we come in, for those who think the treasury is for their pockets, there will be legal implications. If you say you will start to investigate every corruption incident in Nigeria, it would not be possible. Most of the institutions have been compromised. The person you depend on to go and investigate may be corrupt also.
WT: [/b]What is your typical day like?
Buhari: I use between 5:00am to 5:30am to pray, after which I listen to Voice of America, then the BBC up to 7:00am. Then I enjoy the benefit of retirement and put in an hour or so of sleep, and then I come out and have breakfast. After that, it’s the office and there are usually those who have an appointment and those who don’t, waiting for me. That’s what takes most of my time. Now that I’ve got a ticket, we have to be busy building the structure on the ground because time is against us.
WT: What sport do you play?
Buhari: I used to play squash and tennis. Now I walk.
[b]WT: [/b]What is your favourite food?
Buhari: Tuwon Alkama.
[b]WT: [/b]The yohung are constantly online these days. Will your presidency be social media-friendly?
Buhari: Yes. I want the government to get to the people. I want an honest assessment of our performance to be conveyed to the public.
[b]WT:
At 72, you’re still strong. What’s the secret?
Buhari: I think it’s the military training. I played a lot of squash and table tennis, too. Now I try to walk three times a week at least.
WT: There’s an impression in some quarters that you’re misunderstood. What can you say about that?
Buhari: I don’t think I’m misunderstood by most Nigerians. I’m misunderstood deliberately by paid agents of the PDP. That’s all I can say.
WT: What would you say is your philosophy?
Buhari: Social justice. From leadership of your family to whatever you become, make sure there is justice[/quote]
Re: Exclusive: Why I’ll Win This Time – Buhari by Nobody: 8:29am On Dec 27, 2014
Fantastic article, the best part was when he addressed unemployment through agriculture and solid minerals.

1 Like

Re: Exclusive: Why I’ll Win This Time – Buhari by kristisking(m): 8:30am On Dec 27, 2014
The babalawo that keeps deceiving you that you will be the president of Nigeria is doing you no good.You have been destined not to rule Nigeria again and you refuse to see the handwriting on the wall.In as much as iam not holding brief for GEJ,you are not the kind of leader Nigeria needs at the moment.It is very unfortunate that some Nigerians have allowed sentiments to becloud their sense of reasoning and judgement,that is why they continue to support Buhari.You are one of those northern leaders that championed the introduction of sharia in Kaduna state in 2001 leading to that memorable ethno-religious crisis in the state that year.Some nigerians are so myopic to know that the current situations we found ourselves are largely due your continued failure to govern Nigeria.We dont need a president that will worsen the current situation in Nigeria rather we need somebody that will unite every region.Buhari does not posses the qualities.

3 Likes

Re: Exclusive: Why I’ll Win This Time – Buhari by franugo(m): 8:30am On Dec 27, 2014
ausdy:

No mind the stupid old wacko.
He want to die in Aso Rock like his brother cheesy

that was uncalled 4 bro.

2 Likes

Re: Exclusive: Why I’ll Win This Time – Buhari by mcquin(m): 8:31am On Dec 27, 2014
donodion:
Someone shoul kindly advise this man he talks too much.And who told him he might win?

Yes GEJ let many folks down yet not everyone has forgotten their family members slaugtered in North during Buharis loss in 2011.

Nigerians vote with sentiments,be it hinged on tribal affiliation, religion, or last minute motivation.

He should let sleeping dog lie and rathet be more appealing to the people of South South like his VP is doing than his bragging lines.

* I still wonder why APC didn't field a newer,younger presidential candidate,than this desperate-power-hungry-core-north-is-born-to-rule crooner* angry

And thousands have died from an insurgency the C in C can't stop. Maybe his wife with her loud mouth will do better than him

1 Like

Re: Exclusive: Why I’ll Win This Time – Buhari by lockupman(m): 8:32am On Dec 27, 2014
I pity a young lady like u who's suppose to see and 'preach' light, seeing darkness. Be illuminated. Nigeria is drowning in corruption and yet an experience and caring personality is coming to booth off the 'pyrates' in government and u're against it? C'ommon wake up na.

Juliaann:
I don't even know what to tell this man

Old cargo

3 Likes

Re: Exclusive: Why I’ll Win This Time – Buhari by justscorch: 8:32am On Dec 27, 2014
anonimi:

Do you mean to say YOU are stubborn like a "useless & senseless" goat that is repeatedly flogged just to move from one place to another shocked

[url=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEMLFwBxrzI][/url]

Is that stubbornness by chance a common trait in your folks & friends whom I presume are also part of this beautifully endowed nation, Nigeria

U are a bastarrd for calling me useless,are Nigerians not known to be stubborn? It's a general trait with "we" Nigerians, potty mouthed fool

1 Like

Re: Exclusive: Why I’ll Win This Time – Buhari by bulakos: 8:33am On Dec 27, 2014
Our general I'm currently in the banquette hall in d Aso villa seeing your shadow from a far heading towards the presidential office with the air full of hope and prosperity...........GMB come 2015

Arc.Bulakos

3 Likes

Re: Exclusive: Why I’ll Win This Time – Buhari by Nobody: 8:33am On Dec 27, 2014
2sExy1:
If una like... Make una talk. Offline is were the battle is.. And I can tell all you online supporters of Jonathan that the masses are angry. I keep asking people whom they will vote for come 2015 and ALL... Say GMB.

Even a friend I met at wedding said it's Buhari. He is from Portharcourt.
Well, it has always been APC supporters who make the most noise online.
But wait a minute, do you in your wildest dreams believe that Buhari will ever win next year's election? With all the supports GEJ is gathering from both within and outside the country? Guy, no vex but you dull sha.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigerians React To Screening Of Ministerial Nominees / "Operation No Shanties In Lagos" Kicks Off In Ikeja (photos) / Ruins Of Jacob Obande's Official Car Spotted In Otukpo (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.