Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,684 members, 7,955,545 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:58 AM

Dangers In Lying About The "Will Of God" - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Dangers In Lying About The "Will Of God" (16742 Views)

10 Biblical Truths To Combat Temptation Of Lying As A Christian / MFM Church Accuses Official Of Lying About Eye's Surgery.threatens Sanction / The Dangers Of Wilful Sins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangers In Lying About The "Will Of God" by Innodon(m): 11:00am On Dec 28, 2014
noted
Re: Dangers In Lying About The "Will Of God" by Montaque(m): 11:01am On Dec 28, 2014
Hmmmm. Exactly what we were taught in a retreat seminar yesterday.
My questions:
1: must the will of God for you in marriage make the marriage a bliss,as in no problem at all. When the op and proponent of this idea talk,the suppose that becus the spouse is nt Gods will,thats why there is problem. In otherwords saying that the one thats Gods will is a perfect union.
2: can a brother know or even like a sister as per her pedigree,and then ask God to show him signs to comfirm if she is the right one,sincerely?. It seems from the proponents that the will of God must be somebody outside ur friends circle,infact a stranger.
3: can a brother who loves a certain sister submit his written interest(testimony) to the marriage committe on the ground that he loves the sister sincerely and wud want her as a wife,as in no dream,vision,revelation or any such kind of foreknowing?
4: even the people that asserts to have married their God willed spouse still have problems in marriage,so what is the place of patience,tolerance and consideration in marriage?
Plz i need matured answers,
Re: Dangers In Lying About The "Will Of God" by barclays22(m): 11:02am On Dec 28, 2014
Alagba Ojo Ade song .
Re: Dangers In Lying About The "Will Of God" by Donshegxy10(m): 11:17am On Dec 28, 2014
@op, in my opinion i think, praying to know the will of God depends on how matured you are spiritually, if you havent heard from God before, and you havent reach that spiritual level of hearing or dreaming you are just wasting your prrecious time.
i have a lady friend, she is a spiritkoko xtian, many guys are coming after her but she said she wants to hear from God, now she is advance in age and she is waiting for any guy to come along.
what am saying in essence is that we shouldnt be TOO spiritual in knowing Gods will.

1 Like

Re: Dangers In Lying About The "Will Of God" by MzPinky(f): 11:35am On Dec 28, 2014
Thank God for this op...
Re: Dangers In Lying About The "Will Of God" by lakefist(m): 11:36am On Dec 28, 2014
Vikkie14:
Marrying the wrong man/woman is not something palatable, It's like "Cancer in the marrow" and only the victim(s) could explain the pain(s) associated with such marriages(s).

When a young man/woman are planning on marriage together, it's a joyful and good things because it's the commandment of God. But, Brother, before you get married,PRAY to the Lord about it so you wont love the wrong woman, and Sister, tell God about it. The reason we have to pray assuredly is not far fetched.

Marriage is a fragile and a very sensitive issue, a matter of "till death do us part". So many would have made Heaven easily without trouble but alas! It's a pity! Wrong marriages have caused more harm than good. I would centre my dvise majorly on bachelors/spinsters seeking marital partners.

My Brother, when you want to marry, please don't look at her beauty(her fair complexion, brown like chocolate, or dark as tyre), and don't because of her hospitality marry her because so many have used these as criteria and are regretting now.

This makes me remember the case of a young brother, which we are going to make use as our yardstick to buttress this very important fact: "THERE IS DANGER IN CHOOSING IN OUR WISDOM AND THEN CLAIM IT'S GOD'S WILL".

Don't forget marriage is sacred and very fragile.

Back to the story of the young man.

He got married in a flamboyant way (heaven tingle, earth trembled). After returning home, the wife conceived and after 9 months, she put to bed a baby boy. Then, after sometime, the second and third children were born.

The wife started showing a strange signal at home: the 1st child mysteriously died, the 2nd and finally the 3rd child followed. "Ah! It's the work of evil people in your village", people were chanting not knowing it's the work of their mother, using them as sacrifices in her coven.

The worst part is that she killed even from her in-law's family. Her husband was an MD of a multi-national company in Lagos, but through her evil works, he was reduced to a destitute. Her words were always: if na pesin dey cause all dis calamity in my family, God wil judge una."
See her level of hypocrisy?

But, the day the cat was let out of the bag, her husband couldn't believe it. Is this a dream or a vision? He was asking. This is where false Will of God led him to.

After the meeting, he went to see his pastor. He narrated everything about the MISTAKE he made during courtship. He lamented: "Please Daddy, save me, bail me out, i've made a terrible mistake. Daddy, you asked me then if i've prayed about it but i lied. I chose her based on her intelligence,her beauty, the gift embedded in her, and her hospitality which were what drew her to me". He told the Pastor point blank that he wanted a Divorce, forgetting God frowns at it.

The MOG told him to calm down first and he explain the "visions" the man told him then.

The pastor starts: "i asked you then if you have prayed to God about it. You said yes and even backed it up with the visions you had. Let me remind you, your response were: Sir, i can't lie to you, i have prayed and seen visions. In my first dream, i was fetching water when suddenly she appeared and offered to fetch the water which she did, then I heard the voice; That's your wife".

The last goes thus: "I suddenly found myself in the midst of people celebrating. I noticed i wore an expensive traditional attire, and on turning to my side, it was this sister i saw, to cut story short, we got married". These are the dreams you told me then",
the Pastor concluded.

The pastor told him never to think about divorce because it's God commandment that none should put asunder what He has joined, and that he should remember those vows he made on the altar.

********My Advise*********
So, Sister, take heed, be wary of "sugar-coated mouth" brothers, there are many of them in the Church of God, BE WATCHFUL.

Brother, i exhort you too, Filing for Divorce is not Biblical(under whatever circumstances).
PRAY SO YOU WON'T PRAY.

Pray before you marry that sister. Sister, seek the face of God before you wed that brother.
Please what will you say about four years relationship with a baby but No any marriage between them.But a voice of God says they should discontinue the relationship can they go ahead and discontinue the relationship even with a baby?
Re: Dangers In Lying About The "Will Of God" by MzPinky(f): 11:36am On Dec 28, 2014
Thank God for this op... So enlightening

2 Likes

Re: Dangers In Lying About The "Will Of God" by skymax: 11:41am On Dec 28, 2014
bablononi:
wait self op.did dey not join him and the witch in church?datz a half question but i expect u to answer it in full
I thought it was the wife's mother that's the witch not the Wife?
Re: Dangers In Lying About The "Will Of God" by bolliejay(m): 11:43am On Dec 28, 2014
Vikkie14:
Marrying the wrong man/woman is not something palatable, It's like "Cancer in the marrow" and only the victim(s) could explain the pain(s) associated with such marriages(s).

When a young man/woman are planning on marriage together, it's a joyful and good things because it's the commandment of God. But, Brother, before you get married,PRAY to the Lord about it so you wont love the wrong woman, and Sister, tell God about it. The reason we have to pray assuredly is not far fetched.

Marriage is a fragile and a very sensitive issue, a matter of "till death do us part". So many would have made Heaven easily without trouble but alas! It's a pity! Wrong marriages have caused more harm than good. I would centre my dvise majorly on bachelors/spinsters seeking marital partners.

My Brother, when you want to marry, please don't look at her beauty(her fair complexion, brown like chocolate, or dark as tyre), and don't because of her hospitality marry her because so many have used these as criteria and are regretting now.

This makes me remember the case of a young brother, which we are going to make use as our yardstick to buttress this very important fact: "THERE IS DANGER IN CHOOSING IN OUR WISDOM AND THEN CLAIM IT'S GOD'S WILL".

Don't forget marriage is sacred and very fragile.

Back to the story of the young man.

He got married in a flamboyant way (heaven tingle, earth trembled). After returning home, the wife conceived and after 9 months, she put to bed a baby boy. Then, after sometime, the second and third children were born.

The wife started showing a strange signal at home: the 1st child mysteriously died, the 2nd and finally the 3rd child followed. "Ah! It's the work of evil people in your village", people were chanting not knowing it's the work of their mother, using them as sacrifices in her coven.

The worst part is that she killed even from her in-law's family. Her husband was an MD of a multi-national company in Lagos, but through her evil works, he was reduced to a destitute. Her words were always: if na pesin dey cause all dis calamity in my family, God wil judge una."
See her level of hypocrisy?

But, the day the cat was let out of the bag, her husband couldn't believe it. Is this a dream or a vision? He was asking. This is where false Will of God led him to.

After the meeting, he went to see his pastor. He narrated everything about the MISTAKE he made during courtship. He lamented: "Please Daddy, save me, bail me out, i've made a terrible mistake. Daddy, you asked me then if i've prayed about it but i lied. I chose her based on her intelligence,her beauty, the gift embedded in her, and her hospitality which were what drew her to me". He told the Pastor point blank that he wanted a Divorce, forgetting God frowns at it.

The MOG told him to calm down first and he explain the "visions" the man told him then.

The pastor starts: "i asked you then if you have prayed to God about it. You said yes and even backed it up with the visions you had. Let me remind you, your response were: Sir, i can't lie to you, i have prayed and seen visions. In my first dream, i was fetching water when suddenly she appeared and offered to fetch the water which she did, then I heard the voice; That's your wife".

The last goes thus: "I suddenly found myself in the midst of people celebrating. I noticed i wore an expensive traditional attire, and on turning to my side, it was this sister i saw, to cut story short, we got married". These are the dreams you told me then",
the Pastor concluded.

The pastor told him never to think about divorce because it's God commandment that none should put asunder what He has joined, and that he should remember those vows he made on the altar.

********My Advise*********
So, Sister, take heed, be wary of "sugar-coated mouth" brothers, there are many of them in the Church of God, BE WATCHFUL.

Brother, i exhort you too, Filing for Divorce is not Biblical(under whatever circumstances).
PRAY SO YOU WON'T PRAY.

Pray before you marry that sister. Sister, seek the face of God before you wed that brother.
Nice post bro!
Like my G.O do says.....the 2nd worst thing that can happen to mankind after HELLFiRE is BAD MARRIAGE!!!
Bad marriage ruined the life of many great men in the bible like Samson,david,solomon e.t.c
Its later to marry late anf last then marrying the wrong person because their is no latecommer in the school of marriage.
Take ur time, pray about it and don't be too desperate.
Re: Dangers In Lying About The "Will Of God" by ednut1(m): 11:50am On Dec 28, 2014
did okotie nd oyakilohme nt pray before choosing der wives oga pack well its based on luck. human nature is nt predictable. that fool kola dat killed his banker wife was a pastor. some pastors because they dont want to lose u to a guys church will tell u. he is nt ur husband. this world get as he be sha
Re: Dangers In Lying About The "Will Of God" by jiggalo(m): 11:51am On Dec 28, 2014
Proverbs 18:22.
He who finds a wife finds a
good thing,
And obtains favor from the
LORD.. ...so who will find the wife?.
Re: Dangers In Lying About The "Will Of God" by buoye1(m): 11:53am On Dec 28, 2014
Very deadly....
Re: Dangers In Lying About The "Will Of God" by lolaxavier(m): 12:20pm On Dec 28, 2014
Time wasting, don't be deceived. If your heart connects with hers and hers to yours, please go ahead and marry...
Mum and dad are living proof of that...37 years running and they are still waxing stronger by the day...

1 Like

Re: Dangers In Lying About The "Will Of God" by Nobody: 12:21pm On Dec 28, 2014
Pray before you eat, pray before you sleep, pray before you board a bus/plane/okada or even your own vehicle, pray before writing exams, pray before you find a job and above all pray before you Marry..

In all things do pray.. i concur with that

Happy sunday( May God bless us all) wink
Re: Dangers In Lying About The "Will Of God" by WorldGreatest1(m): 12:36pm On Dec 28, 2014
In Ojo Ade's voice "To ba je ogorun otito tan ara mi o, oun fun ra re a tun je ogorun iro.
Re: Dangers In Lying About The "Will Of God" by LONGFELLOW02(m): 12:38pm On Dec 28, 2014
torchwave:
Op, I agree to disagree with you.

I believe knowing the will of God personally should precede selection of one's future partner. That is where I agree with you.

If I unknowingly married a witch, and discovered later, but she is not willing to repent....hmmm, I tell you, my next action will be to divorce her or separate from her, but I'll never stay a second more with her. That is where I disagree with you.

For chrissakes we are talking about a mindless, pitiless, blood drinking, stone-hearted, rebellious creature here...not just the regular wrong choice in marriage.

Do you knw that the bible said you can only divorces your wife only if she commit adultery. . . Another thing you will bear it until the end of time.
Re: Dangers In Lying About The "Will Of God" by drnoel: 1:02pm On Dec 28, 2014
torchwave:
Op, I agree to disagree with you.

I believe knowing the will of God personally should precede selection of one's future partner. That is where I agree with you.

If I unknowingly married a witch, and discovered later, but she is not willing to repent....hmmm, I tell you, my next action will be to divorce her or separate from her, but I'll never stay a second more with her. That is where I disagree with you.

For chrissakes we are talking about a mindless, pitiless, blood drinking, stone-hearted, rebellious creature here...not just the regular wrong choice in marriage.

that is where u intelligence reaches, the believe in wicthes. I pity all of una.
Re: Dangers In Lying About The "Will Of God" by TOPMAN4LIFE: 1:45pm On Dec 28, 2014
kourhage:
True talk. The question is is it only when it comes to marriage that we want to know his will? He must have been leading you through and through in all areas and when its time things naturally fall in place for marriage. God bless all the singles still searching
best answer
Re: Dangers In Lying About The "Will Of God" by obiak4(m): 1:56pm On Dec 28, 2014
asodeboyede:

Most people are too spiritually ignorant to know that ones you've had intimacy u've already welded, not wedded, ur selves! It takes grace to discern the wrong partner at this junction, because they are already joined in covenants! God is a respecter of covenants; because He is a covenant keeping God!
"....Without understanding, COVENANTBREAKERS,
without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
Who knowing the judgment of God, that they
which commit such things are worthy of death, not
only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do
them".
Stop joining yourselves up and down! Wait for the proper thing!
brother u mean I have been joined to more than 200+ women then I seriously need deliverance maybe that why I hardly see good babes but all in all I am going to have a good home by eledumare grace's pls nobody should quote me ..............ignore him
Re: Dangers In Lying About The "Will Of God" by obiak4(m): 2:00pm On Dec 28, 2014
Montaque:
Hmmmm. Exactly what we were taught in a retreat seminar yesterday.
My questions:
1: must the will of God for you in marriage make the marriage a bliss,as in no problem at all. When the op and proponent of this idea talk,the suppose that becus the spouse is nt Gods will,thats why there is problem. In otherwords saying that the one thats Gods will is a perfect union.
2: can a brother know or even like a sister as per her pedigree,and then ask God to show him signs to comfirm if she is the right one,sincerely?. It seems from the proponents that the will of God must be somebody outside ur friends circle,infact a stranger.
3: can a brother who loves a certain sister submit his written interest(testimony) to the marriage committe on the ground that he loves the sister sincerely and wud want her as a wife,as in no dream,vision,revelation or any such kind of foreknowing?
4: even the people that asserts to have married their God willed spouse still have problems in marriage,so what is the place of patience,tolerance and consideration in marriage?
Plz i need matured answers,
MFM ABI HOPE THEY STILL DO DELIVERANCE BECAUSE I NEED ONE FOR MYSELF
Re: Dangers In Lying About The "Will Of God" by Danbam(m): 2:43pm On Dec 28, 2014
djeezy:
I think it's not just praying. The problem lies in knowing the will of God. God does not give or look for a wife for you. It's he who findeth a wife.......The benchmark for choosing a wife varies and it's a subjective thing. Those who successfully prayed and got a good wife should tell us how God spoke to them and told them she's the right one. It's still based on inkling and perception coupled with series of observations. As for the issue of divorce in your last paragraph, divorce is biblical and it is restricted to particular circumstance(s).

Divorce is biblical, as well as 4giveness. Bt remb wateva d reason 4d divorce,both of dem must remain single till either party dies.
else tis termed "adultery"
Re: Dangers In Lying About The "Will Of God" by tefund(m): 3:04pm On Dec 28, 2014
it is good to develop spiritually,otherwise you can marry a mummy water and would not know
Re: Dangers In Lying About The "Will Of God" by Nobody: 3:56pm On Dec 28, 2014
@op God is not in the details. you are. after all the rccg pastor who murdered his wife was prayed for counselled and blessed by the Church. what gives!?
Re: Dangers In Lying About The "Will Of God" by Nobody: 3:56pm On Dec 28, 2014
it is gud to pray but this issue seems to be by luck. no pastor wil tel u to marry a lame or slowpoke. i av seen sm1 dt married a choir and she turned herslf to warlord. my uncle married a club gal and today they are living happily. marriage is by luck. pray is to support it. i knw a woman, very devoted woman, deeper life but husband is just like me(unserious). nvr heard sound of conflict in thr house since i knw them
Re: Dangers In Lying About The "Will Of God" by Montaque(m): 4:08pm On Dec 28, 2014
obiak4:

MFM ABI HOPE THEY STILL DO DELIVERANCE BECAUSE I NEED ONE FOR MYSELF
lol. U need deliverance? From what?
Re: Dangers In Lying About The "Will Of God" by obiak4(m): 4:46pm On Dec 28, 2014
Montaque:
lol. U need deliverance? From what?
many things bro number 1 have segregated my body(bleep 200......+) women,whores,and the likes I need it like seriously and to find true luv afterwards.
Re: Dangers In Lying About The "Will Of God" by glamm: 4:51pm On Dec 28, 2014
Register for one month intensive training in Graphics & Web Design (weekends only )
Date: Jan 10, 17, 24 and 31 (2015)
Venue:2nd Floor , Rock and Rule Suite, The Valley Mall, Plot 215 Ademola Adetokunbo Crescent, Wuse II, Abuja
Time: 10am-3:00pm
Course fee:N50,000.00 (fifty thousand naira only)
You can secure your seat by making a payment into the bank account detailed below:

Bank: Diamond:
Account Name: Peach and Pomp Services Ltd
Account Number: 0054361488

Once you make payment, Kindly send your details in the following order to 08184227903
Full Name/email address/payment reference number/phone number
Limited seats available
Re: Dangers In Lying About The "Will Of God" by raddyworld: 5:07pm On Dec 28, 2014
djeezy:
I think it's not just praying. The problem lies in knowing the will of God. God does not give or look for a wife for you. It's he who findeth a wife.......The benchmark for choosing a wife varies and it's a subjective thing. Those who successfully prayed and got a good wife should tell us how God spoke to them and told them she's the right one. It's still based on inkling and perception coupled with series of observations. As for the issue of divorce in your last paragraph, divorce is biblical and it is restricted to particular circumstance(s).
Bros I Understand U.But The Truth And Base On My Xperience God Choose Wife 4 1. His Belovd,2.If He Has An Important Assignment 4 U.We Are Just Like Sand Of 3 Type & D Bricklayer Intend Work Use 2 Out Of D 3 Sand 2 Complete A Building.None Of D Sand Can Make Decision 4 D Bricklayer But D Maker Know D Sand Dat Wil Last Wit Cement & Bring Out Smooth Work.D Level Of Our Spirituality Matter If U Want 2 Receive Revelation 4rm God.
Re: Dangers In Lying About The "Will Of God" by raddyworld: 5:13pm On Dec 28, 2014
lakefist:

Please what will you say about four years relationship with a baby but No any marriage between them.But a voice of God says they should discontinue the relationship can they go ahead and discontinue the relationship even with a baby?
Are U Sure It Is God Or U Are Frustrated With D Relationship.If Not God Then Remain Single 4 Life.Or Continue Dat Is Why We Need 2 Seek God Face In All.It Is Not Dat God Cant Smoothin Dat Relationship.But U Need 2 B More Dedicated 2 Him.
Re: Dangers In Lying About The "Will Of God" by raddyworld: 5:22pm On Dec 28, 2014
[quoteauthor=Donshegxy10 post=29269871]@op, in my opinion i think, praying to know the will of God depends on how matured you are spiritually, if you havent heard from God before, and you havent reach that spiritual level of hearing or dreaming you are just wasting your prrecious time.
i have a lady friend, she is a spiritkoko xtian, many guys are coming after her but she said she wants to hear from God, now she is advance in age and she is waiting for any guy to come along.
what am saying in essence is that we shouldnt be TOO spiritual in knowing Gods will.[/quote].If God Plan Is 4 Her To Get Married Then She Need 2 Submit 2 God Fully.He Spiritual Wil Only Help Me.U Need 2 Be Xtra Spiritual 2 Cope Wit D Way Thing Are Goin.We Hav Feed 2much On Physical Than Spiritual.Dats Y People Av 2 Run 4rm One Fake Pastor 2 Know Gods Wil.& They Hardly Discern When Holyspirit Is Speakin 2 Them.If U Know How Safe,great,blessed U Wil B If U Are Spiritual U Wil Cry 4 It Every Minute.
Re: Dangers In Lying About The "Will Of God" by David4best(m): 5:32pm On Dec 28, 2014
Marrying the wrong woman in life is worse than Ebolo. May God help us. I am a graduate in my early 30s, I hardly find luck with girls for relationship.
Re: Dangers In Lying About The "Will Of God" by Montaque(m): 6:21pm On Dec 28, 2014
obiak4:

many things bro number 1 have segregated my body(bleep 200......+) women,whores,and the likes I need it like seriously and to find true luv afterwards.
you can be forgiven by God,he is merciful.
You jst need to give ur life to christ,he will give u the power to be Gods son

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Akinwunmi Ambode / Christian Or Muslim ? / My Visions Of Celestial Beings, Heaven And The End Time Revival. / God And His Angels.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.