Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,667 members, 7,955,416 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:38 AM

Dangers In Lying About The "Will Of God" - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Dangers In Lying About The "Will Of God" (16741 Views)

10 Biblical Truths To Combat Temptation Of Lying As A Christian / MFM Church Accuses Official Of Lying About Eye's Surgery.threatens Sanction / The Dangers Of Wilful Sins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangers In Lying About The "Will Of God" by Nobody: 6:23pm On Dec 28, 2014
Invariably...

Are we saying marriages that do not work are marriages where the partners did not pray?

So what about the millions of people who do not believe in Christianity but do have wonderful marriages?

Or are we saying only Christians who prayed have lasting marriages?

So how come Muslim couples also have wonderful marriages? And Hindu couples? And Shinto couples? And our ancestors?
Re: Dangers In Lying About The "Will Of God" by showafrica(m): 7:19pm On Dec 28, 2014
kourhage:
True talk. The question is is it only when it comes to marriage that we want to know his will? He must have been leading you through and through in all areas and when its time things naturally fall in place for marriage. God bless all the singles still searching

True...but how do you know when the right thing is fallen in place? I won't lie to you, it is a very difficult situation.
Re: Dangers In Lying About The "Will Of God" by showafrica(m): 7:26pm On Dec 28, 2014
ednut1:
did okotie nd oyakilohme nt pray before choosing der wives oga pack well its based on luck. human nature is nt predictable. that fool kola dat killed his banker wife was a pastor. some pastors because they dont want to lose u to a guys church will tell u. he is nt ur husband. this world get as he be sha

I am laughing in Jamaica with my brown teeth. Yes, luck has everything to do with the human race
Re: Dangers In Lying About The "Will Of God" by phillip001(m): 7:55pm On Dec 28, 2014
We can believe some stopid things,what about mOG's having problems with their marriages after many years of marriage while you have some sinners leaving happily
Re: Dangers In Lying About The "Will Of God" by femimailbox(m): 8:15pm On Dec 28, 2014
mattkelly:
Religious people would keep on confusing themselves..Marry the person you both understand each other and you are good to go..Na so one pastor would be telling some people not to marry somebody and they would not marry the person cos na my pastor talk am..Abegi,Make i dey watch CNN dey go jare..
Be careful life can teach u an unpleasant lesson. The issue of marriage is not just as you think its more than that trust me.
Re: Dangers In Lying About The "Will Of God" by Vikkie14: 8:20pm On Dec 28, 2014
torchwave:
Op, I agree to disagree with you.

I believe knowing the will of God personally should precede selection of one's future partner. That is where I agree with you.

If I unknowingly married a witch, and discovered later, but she is not willing to repent....hmmm, I tell you, my next action will be to divorce her or separate from her, but I'll never stay a second more with her. That is where I disagree with you.

For chrissakes we are talking about a mindless, pitiless, blood drinking, stone-hearted, rebellious creature here...not just the regular wrong choice in marriage.
what if she is willing to repent and she did that? Will you still file for divorce? Brother, you saw her before you marry her na. Nobody, no Pastor, no relative force you na, you marry her on your own. Or have you forgotten that you went on courtship with her before the marriage. Wait a bit, you said it with your own mouth to love her in whatever condition, in good and bad times, on the altar, before the ministers and congregation, so why the sudden turn-around now that things aint rosy again? #Bro,AmNtTalkingAboutYouHere,IJustUsedThatAsAnExample. Hope you get my point?
Re: Dangers In Lying About The "Will Of God" by Vikkie14: 8:22pm On Dec 28, 2014
femimailbox:

Be careful life can teach u an unpleasant lesson. The issue of marriage is not just as you think its more than that trust me.
Seconded. You are right. Is that not why we have so many failed marriages and broken homes? See the rate of divorce nowadays.
Re: Dangers In Lying About The "Will Of God" by Vikkie14: 8:24pm On Dec 28, 2014
showafrica:

True...but how do you know when the right thing is fallen in place? I won't lie to you, it is a very difficult situation.
seconded
Re: Dangers In Lying About The "Will Of God" by Vikkie14: 8:29pm On Dec 28, 2014
djeezy:
divorce is biblical and it is restricted to particular circumstance(s).
Bro, can you quote the verse pls. And what particular circumstances could warrant that.
Re: Dangers In Lying About The "Will Of God" by Vikkie14: 8:33pm On Dec 28, 2014
kennygee:
Especially guys, just to get a Christian sister.
sister, your folks are also culprit of these also, no only the menfolks.
Re: Dangers In Lying About The "Will Of God" by Vikkie14: 8:35pm On Dec 28, 2014
holicalpha:
Good to know, well I don't have any reason to lie about the will of God. To those pastors lying about the will of God,God is watching in 3D and planning your punishing.
not only in 3D but in 7D also. There are so many of them Bro.
Re: Dangers In Lying About The "Will Of God" by Vikkie14: 8:38pm On Dec 28, 2014
therapisteve:
In Ojo Ade's Voice
"Iyawo re niyen beni mo ba Ta ji"
"Ma boju to o,ko si ma gbadura"
Lobatan.
Re: Dangers In Lying About The "Will Of God" by bosunjohns(m): 8:40pm On Dec 28, 2014
@ vikkie14 This is a song you transcribed. Its a Yoruba song I remember. Can't really remember the name of the artist now. Lovely song though. Yeah Ojo Ade!
Re: Dangers In Lying About The "Will Of God" by Vikkie14: 8:41pm On Dec 28, 2014
bablononi:
wait self op.did dey not join him and the witch in church?datz a half question but i expect u to answer it in full
They surely did. Dont you read the pastor's flashback? Re-read that Bro. But you dont expect the Pastor to know everything about the wife since he is not the one praying to get married.
Re: Dangers In Lying About The "Will Of God" by Vikkie14: 8:44pm On Dec 28, 2014
bosunjohns:
@ vikkie14 This is a song you translate. Its a Yoruba song I remember. Can't really remember the name of the artist now. Lovely song though. Yeah Ojo Ade!
but see how relevant it is. Yeah i agree bro.
Re: Dangers In Lying About The "Will Of God" by Vikkie14: 8:49pm On Dec 28, 2014
Olanireti:
Waooo, you were able to translate a track on marriage from Evang. OJO ADE album titled TUJUKA perfectly. It makes sense. You must be a die hard fan of EVANG. OJO ADE just like I am. Can you try that of OJA OKUNKUN too?
never listen to that before. Thanks though.
Re: Dangers In Lying About The "Will Of God" by djeezy(m): 8:57pm On Dec 28, 2014
Vikkie14:
Bro, can you quote the verse pls. And what particular circumstances could warrant that.
Mathew 5: 31-32. Matthew 19:9. The circumstance or ground is fornication. You should read your bible more often.
Re: Dangers In Lying About The "Will Of God" by Vikkie14: 9:28pm On Dec 28, 2014
djeezy:
Mathew 5: 31-32. Matthew 19:9. The circumstance or ground is fornication. You should read your bible more often.
I know, just trying to see if you know the verse. BTW, i disagree with you, not even fornication bro. Fornication is a sexual sin between UNMARRIED or SINGLE man or woman. Adultery is what a MARRIED man or woman does. So, fornication is not relevant with Married couples and to expatiate your quotes, if you back up a bit to verse 8 of mat. Chapter 19 which you quote, Jesus said it's not how God does that since inception but for their stubborness of heart. Fornication/adultery during bible days were seen as grievous sin, that's why anyone catch are stoned. But not in our days where its the norm. I still agree with your view though.
Re: Dangers In Lying About The "Will Of God" by fixedhollies(m): 9:52pm On Dec 28, 2014
I believe in one thing! If it is not Gods will, the marriage will not hold. God will reveal in many ways to his chosen.
Re: Dangers In Lying About The "Will Of God" by bosunjohns(m): 9:57pm On Dec 28, 2014
Can you please translate this to English?
WorldGreatest1:
In Ojo Ade's voice "To ba je ogorun otito tan ara mi o, oun fun ra re a tun je ogorun iro.
Re: Dangers In Lying About The "Will Of God" by djeezy(m): 10:06pm On Dec 28, 2014
Vikkie14:
I know, just trying to see if you know the verse. BTW, i disagree with you, not even fornication bro. Fornication is a sexual sin between UNMARRIED or SINGLE man or woman. Adultery is what a MARRIED man or woman does. So, fornication is not relevant with Married couples and to expatiate your quotes, if you back up a bit to verse 8 of mat. Chapter 19 which you quote, Jesus said it's not how God does that since inception but for their stubborness of heart. Fornication/adultery during bible days were seen as grievous sin, that's why anyone catch are stoned. But not in our days where its the norm. I still agree with your view though.
okay nice one!
Re: Dangers In Lying About The "Will Of God" by Vikkie14: 1:25am On Dec 29, 2014
bosunjohns:
Can you please translate this to English?
Am going to give literary meaning. It means: When someone lied or exaggerate on his achievement, the consequences of the exaggerated ones are still coming.
Not literary now: Every Actions has re-percussion/result/consequence/outcome.
Re: Dangers In Lying About The "Will Of God" by bablononi(m): 3:23am On Dec 29, 2014
Vikkie14:
They surely did. Dont you read the pastor's flashback? Re-read that Bro. But you dont expect the Pastor to know everything about the wife since he is not the one praying to get married.
hmmmmm
Re: Dangers In Lying About The "Will Of God" by ATM2: 11:42am On Dec 29, 2014
djeezy:
I think it's not just praying. The problem lies in knowing the will of God. God does not give or look for a wife for you. It's he who findeth a wife.......The benchmark for choosing a wife varies and it's a subjective thing. Those who successfully prayed and got a good wife should tell us how God spoke to them and told them she's the right one. It's still based on inkling and perception coupled with series of observations. As for the issue of divorce in your last paragraph, divorce is biblical and it is restricted to particular circumstance(s).
Its actually and sincerely not easy to choose a good wife most especially a God fearing loving and a caring one,but most of the times the mistake youths make all starts with premarital sexual intercourse,the very first thing most people do when meeting a lady or guy is to sleep with them,after so many rounds of intercourse(which is against the will,plan and purpose of God for marriage)they now start praying for Gods guidance and direction,wc is impossible to get after the bed as been defiled,even if u go to any prophet,all u will hear will be positive,read this(isaiah42vs 18-20) even if u pray urself u will never get the right vision simply because you have left God's part and have chosen ur own part of sexual immorality which is of the devil,which makes it clear that you can't eat ur cake and have it. Its either you are with God and u stick with God. Pls also note this that marriage either makes u or mar u.
Re: Dangers In Lying About The "Will Of God" by djeezy(m): 11:47am On Dec 29, 2014
ATM2:

Its actually and sincerely not easy to choose a good wife most especially a God fearing loving and a caring one,but most of the times the mistake youths make all starts with premarital sexual intercourse,the very first thing most people do when meeting a lady or guy is to sleep with them,after so many rounds of intercourse(which is against the will,plan and purpose of God for marriage)they now start praying for Gods guidance and direction,wc is impossible to get after the bed as been defiled,even if u go to any prophet,all u will hear will be positive,read this(isaiah42vs 18-20) even if u pray urself u will never get the right vision simply because you have left God's part and have chosen ur own part of sexual immorality which is of the devil,which makes it clear that you can't eat ur cake and have it. Its either you are with God and u stick with God. Pls also note this that marriage either makes u or mar u.
Wow I love this post. It makes sense now. So the problem is as a result of pre marital sex? Well one may never be too certain. I've also seen successful marriages which the objects had pre marital sex before wedlock. I think the major problem here is knowing the will of God. Does God show you the real woman in your dreams or you hear His voice telling you she's the one. So it still poses a great challenge here. I loved your post tho.
Re: Dangers In Lying About The "Will Of God" by ojeka1(m): 12:01pm On Dec 29, 2014
Vstuffs:

Question

How is it your problem

Not long for you,but long and boring to me

Remember one man food na another man poison
u cant read n take caution, u will hear until it happrns to u

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Akinwunmi Ambode / Christian Or Muslim ? / My Visions Of Celestial Beings, Heaven And The End Time Revival. / God And His Angels.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.