Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,717 members, 7,844,363 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 07:26 PM

Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan (38460 Views)

Buhari Receiving Letter Of Credence From Pakistan, Japan & Ukraine's Ambassadors / Another SA -Nigerian Arms Deal Bust / Us Grants Nigeria Direct Flight Permit ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by Coolguy89(m): 12:46pm On Dec 29, 2014
XRAY21:

I have seen it only mumu's idiot's useless people dat support buhari.
and only animals dat wil vote jonathan

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by queebeediva(f): 1:18pm On Dec 29, 2014
I don't blame them I blame the febuary 14th election . May God deliver us from all our enemies Amen!
Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by kevoh(m): 1:46pm On Dec 29, 2014
XRAY21:

Bla bla bla like nigeria is the first to import

you are an enemy to this county so if we go to one of the best producers of weapon to produce na bad thing. You want people father son brother in tthe army to die so your evil godfather buhari would have advantage to win sha
Shut it there! If you know me well, you will know I'm apolitical. What's my business with Buhari and your paymaster Jonathan. You think life revolves round APC vs PDP that you can not discern when your country is being belittled and insulted.

After 54 years, we still don't manufacture our weapons and have trained army personnels handling them, instead we are running helter skelter to procure arms because of boko are rams. Giant of Africa indeed!

Till you use your brain and start thinking beyond APC and PDP, You remain the real enemy of Nigeria.
Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by hasyak(m): 1:47pm On Dec 29, 2014
kevoh:

Shut it there! If you know me well, you will know I'm apolitical. What's my business with Buhari and your paymaster Jonathan. You think life revolves round APC vs PDP that you can not discern when your country is being belittled and insulted.

After 54 years, we still don't manufacture our weapons and have trained army personnels handling them, instead we are running helter skelter to procure arms because of boko are rams. Giant of Africa indeed!

Till you use your brain and start thinking beyond APC and PDP, You remain the real enemy of Nigeria.
+8.2
Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by XRAY21(m): 1:58pm On Dec 29, 2014
kevoh:

If the thing pain you reach this level go and open yours na or contest when you are due I promise to vote for you let see how many you open in 6years
Like you have done any better thing for this country
Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by Afroconnect: 2:01pm On Dec 29, 2014
Mynd44:
When top government officials were busy slandering Islam you people cheered them on. You all walked around smiling while your leaders make silly statements about religion and it was okay to all of you abi?

I guess next the FG will blame Sauidi Arabia
We know your lot,extremists like you abandon your roots to become a slave of the Arab-you are really dull for this statement- so you idiots that call yourselves civilised people do not respect freedom of speech-there is no difference between you and the terrorists.
Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by kevoh(m): 2:09pm On Dec 29, 2014
XRAY21:

If the thing pain you reach this level go and open yours na or contest when you are due I promise to vote for you let see how many you open in 6years
Like you have done any better thing for this country
I know you have nothing to say other than look for anyone on the thread who states anything that even remotely looks or sound like it's against your paymaster Jonathan.

Sorry, I only oblige myself in discussions with intelligent fellows not GEJ, PDP and APC scumbags.I will cease responding you till you make an intelligent comment.
Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by Ngwakwe: 2:19pm On Dec 29, 2014
Mynd44:

When Abati, Bastárd Okupe and Maku called APC the Muslim Brotherhood and were supporting terrorism you were sleeping abi?

This your logic pertaining to this very topic is inconsistent with reality and an attempt to stick with your earlier unjustifiable comment.

The greatest enemy of Muslim Brotherhood in the world is Saudi Arabia hence, they pressured the US to play along in ousting of Mohammed Morsi and the eventual proscription of the group.

Muslim Brotherhood is more of a threat to Saudi Arabia than ISIL
Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by dlox147(m): 2:33pm On Dec 29, 2014
Chiefpriest1:
You only know your true friends in times of trouble. I do not see how flying military hardware over Saudi Arabia skies would jeopardize their interest.

Right now it's obvious that these people have been seeing Nigeria as mumu and they do not reapect us.

Thats what you get when you have a weightless leadership that does not command international respect.

Say what you will, but I dont see how this nonsense would have happened during obasanjo's time. From south Africa to the United states and now Saudi Arabia. Wtf is really happening
its people like you and post like this make other countries look down on us. Now you know how harmful spewing hatred and unwarranted insults on your country affects not only the leadership but the entire nation. Please be the change you want.

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by KoloOyinbo(m): 2:37pm On Dec 29, 2014
trillville:
Why must Nigeria always look to import finished goods (military equipment). Government will now tell us it has no business with business.
if DICON is empowered to develop all these equipment, we will not be facing this embarrassment now.

We have so many mechanical engineers unemployed, some even with masters yet government says it has no business with business so it has to create employment in foreign countries by importing all sorts of finished goods at the expense of our people and the naira.

Saudi Arabia is simply doing the bidding of America and this action has absolutely no religious undertone in my opinion. Pakistan is a much more radical state than saudi and yet it has chosen to sell Nigeria weapons.

I this is a plea for Nigeria to develop its own Arms Industry ok.
But please be aware..
It will take quite a few years even to gear up for light arms rather than heavier equipment. Infrastructure expertise etc.
It is a VERY competitive market and is one of the most expensive and LEAST cost effective solutions rather than buying what is cheaply available elsewhere.
When you have built this industry and equipped your own military what will you do? Compete with the rest of the world to sell arms? A highly controlled market that is struggling everywhere! Or will you allow it to crash?

Easy tp say make our own but if you know the facts, the issues and the difficulties involved it is a flawed concept.
Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by Akainzo(m): 2:40pm On Dec 29, 2014
donmalcolm21:
We are watching, Saudi Arabia is doing the bidding of the APC saboteurs who have a large majority of their muslim ilk

Yet you went to buy arms from Pakistan that is a Muslim nation!

You guys are actually pathetic.

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by ghostofsparta(m): 2:41pm On Dec 29, 2014
kevoh:

I am also apolitical, for in other countries when politicians are playing politics, it result into issues getting resolved based on policies and ideology of the competing political parties, here in Nigeria where so-called politicians detest public debate, politics is a game of lies and deceit resulting into more poverty, social retrogression, moral decadence, wretched infrastructure, lack of basic necessity, imagine in 2014 still no stable electricity supply as I type this on my Blackberry running on the 4th battery. Nigeria, a 1914 British experiment of amalgam of incompatible ethnic group and as it today runs the most expensive democracy in the world and yet can boast of manufacturing needle.

Now if they don't import these military gears from abroad, how else would they see avenues to steal money through inflated contract ?

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by Yujin(m): 2:45pm On Dec 29, 2014
Mynd44:
When top government officials were busy slandering Islam you people cheered them on. You all walked around smiling while your leaders make silly statements about religion and it was okay to all of you abi?

You are a hypocrite. Learn to say the truth always. No matter how some muslim governments and organizations wish to help boko haram against the people of Nigeria, victory reside with us.
We are watching.
Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by Mynd44: 2:48pm On Dec 29, 2014
Ngwakwe:

This your logic pertaining to this very topic is inconsistent with reality and an attempt to stick with your earlier unjustifiable comment.

The greatest enemy of Muslim Brotherhood in the world is Saudi Arabia hence, they pressured the US to play along in ousting of Mohammed Morsi and the eventual proscription of the group.

Muslim Brotherhood is more of a threat to Saudi Arabia than ISIL
But you questioned when a top government official has thrown jabs at Islam na

Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by Chigold101(m): 2:49pm On Dec 29, 2014
Mynd44:

this not about religion...it is about USA. Saudi Arabia is just dancing the drum USA is beating...

The only agenda the USA has for Nigeria is to see NIGERIA brake into so many pieces... But wont work...

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by Yujin(m): 2:51pm On Dec 29, 2014
WhiteTechnology:
Hahahahaha

I keep shouting it

Involve our higher institutions in weapons development (Design, Fabrication and Testing ) while DICON mass produces these weapons.

See the embarrassment we are receiving because of our refusal to develop our indigenous military technology.
The fear of a Biafra is Nigeria's albatross.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by agabaI23(m): 2:57pm On Dec 29, 2014
I think it has something to do with US who is their ally. They don't want to be seen as going against US policy.
Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by XRAY21(m): 3:03pm On Dec 29, 2014
kevoh:

I know you have nothing to say other than look for anyone on the thread who states anything that even remotely looks or sound like it's against your paymaster Jonathan.

Sorry, I only oblige myself in discussions with intelligent fellows not GEJ, PDP and APC scumbags.I will cease responding you till you make an intelligent comment.

Very well friend
Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by juman(m): 3:13pm On Dec 29, 2014
Unserious government.
Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by trillville(m): 3:52pm On Dec 29, 2014
KoloOyinbo:

I this is a plea for Nigeria to develop its own Arms Industry ok.
But please be aware..
It will take quite a few years even to gear up for light arms rather than heavier equipment. Infrastructure expertise etc.
It is a VERY competitive market and is one of the most expensive and LEAST cost effective solutions rather than buying what is cheaply available elsewhere.
When you have built this industry and equipped your own military what will you do? Compete with the rest of the world to sell arms? A highly controlled market that is struggling everywhere! Or will you allow it to crash?

Easy tp say make our own but if you know the facts, the issues and the difficulties involved it is a flawed concept.

If you look at my statement, I used the word "finished goods" in the main sentence and put the "military equipment" in brackets. This should let you know that my complaint is not just on military equipment but on all facets of our lives.

Should an oil producing country be importing petrol?

Do you know how much Nigeria has lost because of the importation of petrol?

If we had refineries working ( private or government), we would probably have a much stronger naira because we would not need dollars for petrol, for fertilizers or for coal tar.

Think about how much richer nigeria would be. We have had 16 years of PDP's rule, and they have failed for whatever reason to work on the most important sector in our economy.
Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by kevoh(m): 4:04pm On Dec 29, 2014
ghostofsparta:
I am also apolitical, for in other countries when politicians are playing politics, it result into issues getting resolved based on policies and ideology of the competing political parties, here in Nigeria where so-called politicians detest public debate, politics is a game of lies and deceit resulting into more poverty, social retrogression, moral decadence, wretched infrastructure, lack of basic necessity, imagine in 2014 still no stable electricity supply as I type this on my Blackberry running on the 4th battery. Nigeria, a 1914 British experiment of amalgam of incompatible ethnic group and as it today runs the most expensive democracy in the world and yet can boast of manufacturing needle.

Now if they don't import these military gears from abroad, how else would they see avenues to steal money through inflated contract ?
Alas, there lies the problem! It has always been an issue of who embezzles the most on supposedly well meaning contracts with disregard to any incumbent government.
Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by Nobody: 4:18pm On Dec 29, 2014
Yujin:

The fear of a Biafra is Nigeria's albatross.

How South

My friend

Hope you are back

As for the topic

Hmmm

Don't mind them

Sooner or later they will be forced to.
Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by Awaja(m): 4:43pm On Dec 29, 2014
Another bruhaha from our leaders!
So what do we do now?
laxity upon laxity !
why must it be after years of the insurgency that the administration mustered d political will to procure modern tools to flush these blood suckers to hell?
Showing seriousness towards election is an act of mockery and should be rebuked by all.
Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by rabimlomo: 4:46pm On Dec 29, 2014
chukwudi44:

Are they buying the weapons for boko haram? How dumb can you people get? You are the same ones who accused the government of not properly arming our soldiers !!!!
They are buying the weapon for the soldiers abi? The soldiers that will flee an entire barrack leaving all their arms for boko haram. Abeg reason nau.
Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by KoloOyinbo(m): 4:58pm On Dec 29, 2014
trillville:

If you look at my statement, I used the word "finished goods" in the main sentence and put the "military equipment" in brackets. This should let you know that my complaint is not just on military equipment but on all facets of our lives.

Should an oil producing country be importing petrol?

Do you know how much Nigeria has lost because of the importation of petrol?

If we had refineries working ( private or government), we would probably have a much stronger naira because we would not need dollars for petrol, for fertilizers or for coal tar.

Think about how much richer nigeria would be. We have had 16 years of PDP's rule, and they have failed for whatever reason to work on the most important sector in our economy.

I was only referring to the Arms Industry idea. Fully agree with the fuel refining point! AND fertilizer - have visited some mothballed plants regarding this one. What a wasted opportunity.

Its easy to blame the government (after all that is one of their functions, to take the blame) but also blame (at least partially) the refusal to follow proper business practices (a topic in itself but not for here), tribalism (rampant both here and in your political system) and the acceptance of these things irrespective of the government in power. A change in attitudes, mentality and business practices will do every bit as much (if not more) to advance Nigeria than a mere change of government.

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by trillville(m): 5:10pm On Dec 29, 2014
KoloOyinbo:

I was only referring to the Arms Industry idea. Fully agree with the fuel refining point! AND fertilizer - have visited some mothballed plants regarding this one. What a wasted opportunity.

Its easy to blame the government (after all that is one of their functions, to take the blame) but also blame (at least partially) the refusal to follow proper business practices (a topic in itself but not for here), tribalism (rampant both here and in your political system) and the acceptance of these things irrespective of the government in power. A change in attitudes, mentality and business practices will do every bit as much (if not more) to advance Nigeria than a mere change of government.

Your views are correct. The issue is who should start the change process. The leadership or the citizens?
Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by glamm: 5:37pm On Dec 29, 2014
Register for one month intensive training in Graphics & Web Design (weekends only )
Date: Jan 10, 17, 24 and 31 (2015)
Venue:2nd Floor , Rock and Rule Suite, The Valley Mall, Plot 215 Ademola Adetokunbo Crescent, Wuse II, Abuja
Time: 10am-3:00pm
Course fee:N50,000.00 (fifty thousand naira only)
You can secure your seat by making a payment into the bank account detailed below:

Bank: Diamond:
Account Name: peach and pomp Services Ltd
Account Number: 0054361488

Once you make payment, Kindly send your details in the following order to 08184227903
Full Name/email address/payment reference number/phone number
Limited seats available
Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by Cannonleo(m): 6:00pm On Dec 29, 2014
ayd91:

salutation to you man. I thought I was the only one thinking about this. I had to go check my good old map, I was beginning to think Pakistan was surrounded by Saudi Arabia.
Government officials should think and stop finding excuses... Improvise where necessary, we are Nigerians, that's what we do.
are you well at all if ur good old map is correct you would know that dubai is in the UAE which automatically translates to saudi arabia.....haba nigerians this guys blocked a legitimate flight via their overlords the yanks..depending on the fuel capacity of the cargo planes assuming it is an antonov and the weight of the cargo..from my intel i guess it may be al-zaharah tanks and possibly our first crated version of the jf-17thunder...it will affect and alter the flight plan making a flight over the indian ocean highly impossible...all air travels follow routes which may sound absurd to the ordinary eye..but considering fuel,tonnage and international flight route.flying thru saudi,oman(yemen's airspace is offlimits due to the instability in the country advice) and then landing in sudan to refuel before heading to kano or yola is the safest routes..flying on a SSW course with a large amount of cargo over the sea and with the tendency of refueling less than 3hr into flight will be telling Airasia that u want to join them...

to those clamoring for local content well this has only happened in the past 3and half years courtsey of proforce and mekhog as well as other upcoming defense companies....the only thing previous administrations were able to achieve was obj 006 and drones that were never maintained..the past 3-4 yrs has seen the rise of the igirigi APC(stang 2 protection level),faranwa air trainer aircraft,ur drones amebo,gulma etc,our ocean going crafts andoni,the navy has now acquired capacity to produce 38mvessels up and others..they are unheard off but they are contributing their quota...it takes time for a defense industry to grow..we only woke up since this crisis pushed us off the fence(DICON) ....in time we will produce the heavy units we wish to see...for now the jf 17 is our best bet in developing local jet propulsion tech cos it comes with tech transfer.....as for universities they should partner with private companies like proforce to enable them harness their potentials.there is a lot to write but i end my case here..nigerians should learn to read in between the lines before screaming...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by gawu1: 6:12pm On Dec 29, 2014
chukwudi44:

Boko haram is a by product if Islamic extremism!!!!! No matter how you try to paint it this is the real truth. People who carry out this activities believe they will be rewarded with big breasted virgins in heaven.
With this kind of your statement, I also believe now that NAZSM was by product of christian extremism. Hitler was a christian and believed that extermination of Jews was the only guarantee to world peace. And indeed, he did it. Why is he not referred to as christian terrorist, or that his nefarious act represented what christian believed?
This kind of your myopic thinking is what is being hindering the war against the Boko Haram. Your types that have made it christian- islam face up, thinking that you are helping GEJ, are the real problem. Instead, let see them as common enemies to christian and Muslims collectively, so shall we defeat them.
Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by kmariko: 6:14pm On Dec 29, 2014
Cannonleo:
are you well at all if ur good old map is correct you would know that dubai is in the UAE which automatically translates to saudi arabia.....haba nigerians this guys blocked a legitimate flight via their overlords the yanks..depending on the fuel capacity of the cargo planes assuming it is an antonov and the weight of the cargo..from my intel i guess it may be al-zaharah tanks and possibly our first crated version of the jf-17thunder...it will affect and alter the flight plan making a flight over the indian ocean highly impossible...all air travels follow routes which may sound absurd to the ordinary eye..but considering fuel,tonnage and international flight route.flying thru saudi,oman(yemen's airspace is offlimits due to the instability in the country advice) and then landing in sudan to refuel before heading to kano or yola is the safest routes..flying on a SSW course with a large amount of cargo over the sea and with the tendency of refueling less than 3hr into flight will be telling Airasia that u want to join them...

to those clamoring for local content well this has only happened in the past 3and half years courtsey of proforce and mekhog as well as other upcoming defense companies....the only thing previous administrations were able to achieve was obj 006 and drones that were never maintained..the past 3-4 yrs has seen the rise of the igirigi APC(stang 2 protection level),faranwa air trainer aircraft,ur drones amebo,gulma etc,our ocean going crafts andoni,the navy has now acquired capacity to produce 38mvessels up and others..they are unheard off but they are contributing their quota...it takes time for a defense industry to grow..we only woke up since this crisis pushed us off the fence(DICON) ....in time we will produce the heavy units we wish to see...for now the jf 17 is our best bet in developing local jet propulsion tech cos it comes with tech transfer.....as for universities they should partner with private companies like proforce to enable them harness their potentials.there is a lot to write but i end my case here..nigerians should learn to read in between the lines before screaming...

that was a great read.,., thanks for updating us on the defence industry projects and plans

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by Vado(m): 6:31pm On Dec 29, 2014
Any Nigerian taking sides with the Saudis here must have some screws loose and zero sense of patriotism. This is an insult to us all regardless of our party affiliations or whether the president is unpopular or not.

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by Nobody: 6:41pm On Dec 29, 2014
Mynd44:

So you think if those weapons get into Boko Haram hands it wont affect North Africa and perhaps Saudi?

International politics is about looking into the future and being selfish about it

You are just running from door to window in a quest to defend your illogical submission. Read your above statement and carefully ponder over it in a sober state and tranquil environment

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Dino Melaye And His Customized Vertu Phones (Photos) / Nkoli Mmegbuanaeze Contesting For Dead Husband's Legislative Seat In Anambra / Sanwo-Olu: I Called Buhari Twice, But I Have Not Spoken To Him Yet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.