Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,783 members, 7,844,544 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 11:25 PM

Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan (38462 Views)

Buhari Receiving Letter Of Credence From Pakistan, Japan & Ukraine's Ambassadors / Another SA -Nigerian Arms Deal Bust / Us Grants Nigeria Direct Flight Permit ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by Halaz(m): 10:41am On Dec 29, 2014
what F.G busy doing to end bokoharam long time ago, was the F.G only to fight bokoharam for election purpose..God forbid!!! GEJ is a BIG threat to our beloved country. Now is time save this country with ONE MAN AND THE ONLY ONE THAT IS GMB....
Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by Rexyl(m): 10:41am On Dec 29, 2014
cjrane:
[size=15pt]I completely believe this story is untrue and designed to leak Nigeria's source of arms procurement for it's military.

However, "If" Saudis refuse access over their airspace, they can always break the trip.

Fly from Pakistan to Dubai.
Then from Dubai, fly over the Indian ocean to avoid Saudi Arabia and then land at Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Then from Addis Ababa to Abuja, Nigeria.

[/size]

Then quietly deny Saudi Arabian airlines landing rights in Nigeria.

.Don't say i told you so... grin

how come you know about this route? Are you a pilot?

3 Likes

Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by successking: 10:46am On Dec 29, 2014
Mynd44:

And why does the US not trust Nigeria enough to sell arms to us?

Have you thought about that lately?

You who has, tell us because no one needs any soothsayer to know that Obama's Government is an enemy of Nigeria.
Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by oiseworld: 10:49am On Dec 29, 2014
The Fg should consider alternative routes abeg, wetin be saudi arebia..
Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by huntamania(m): 10:53am On Dec 29, 2014
Those that blame him for citing the elections as one of the major reasons for wanting to purchase the Arms quickly are too stupid and delusional. Do you expect people to crowd the streets wanting to vote when the terrorist are free and about. If you have common sense which am sure most of you don't, you will realize the election angle is the honest truth and now is when we need the arms badly else elections should be cancelled. You want your safety don't you?! Silly APC bigots!

3 Likes

Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by tayejay(m): 10:54am On Dec 29, 2014
[color=#006600][/color]
kmariko:
S’Arabia Refuses to Grant Flight Permit for Nigerian Arms Procured from Pakistan

29 Dec 2014

By Senator Iroegbu

Nigeria’s effort at ending the Boko Haram insurgency has run into another hitch with the refusal by the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to grant over-flight permits to cargo planes conveying military equipment and armoured tanks procured by the Nigerian government from Pakistan.

THISDAY gathered authoritatively from intelligence sources that the decision by the Saudi authorities is certain to cause a diplomatic row at a time the Jonathan administration is eager to end the insurgency in the North-east before the 2015 general election.

President Goodluck Jonathan is seeking re-election in less than two months time and had given the green light to the military authorities to procure arms from alternative sources such as Pakistan and Russia other than Nigeria’s traditional allies led by the United States of America, United Kingdom and France.

The decision, THISDAY gathered, was premised on Nigeria’s displeasure with the US after the country blocked the sale of American-manufactured Cobra attack helicopters from Israel.

With the position of the West, Nigeria decided to turn to the East, chiefly Pakistan, from which the federal government was able to procure a huge cache of military hardware needed to prosecute the war against Boko Haram.

However, an intelligence source said: “Getting the equipment into Nigeria immediately has run into a hitch owing to Saudi Arabia’s refusal to grant the cargo planes that will convey the arms over-flight permits through its airspace.

“We got permission to fly through Sudan and other countries but have been blocked by Saudi Arabia, which has impeded the urgency of the operation.”
He added that owing to Saudi Arabia’s refusal, the only alternative is for Nigeria to ship the armament by sea, but using this as an option would take much longer.

“If we resort to shipping the arms via the high seas, they would reach us well after the elections which may be too late for the desired impact, especially now that we have the insurgents on the run,” he explained.

Flight permits are required by all aircraft to overfly, land or make a technical stop in any country’s airspace. All countries have their own regulations regarding the issuance of flight permits, as there are generally a number of considerations including payment involved.

When asked if there might have been religious undertones in Saudi Arabia’s decision to withhold the flight permit, the intelligence source said he was not certain but would not rule it out.

“Nigeria has always had close ties to Saudi Arabia, but with a war that has a religious slant, we may not be able to rule it out. But what I can say for certain is that this would lead to diplomatic tensions between both countries,” he said.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/-s-arabia-refuses-to-grant-flight-permit-for-nigerian-arms-procured-from-pakistan/197883/

I think u have been a bit hasty in assuming that religion might be the reason. Have u considered that it may b because of the stronger ties Saudi has with America and considering that Saudi depends on US for the sales of its oil? This is just one of several assumptions

3 Likes

Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by Rexyl(m): 10:56am On Dec 29, 2014
Halaz:
what F.G busy doing to end bokoharam long time ago, was the F.G only to fight bokoharam for election purpose..God forbid!!! GEJ is a BIG threat to our beloved country. Now is time save this country with ONE MAN AND THE ONLY ONE THAT IS GMB....

Enemies of peace and stability find more evil/terror to unleash close to the time of election. They should be better prepared for as the government should leave no stone unturned against trouble makers.

My own annoyance is inability of Jonathan to fix Brains of Nigerians for technological advancement on home based technologies within his 4years of being the president. I wonder the kind of brains Nigerians have developed since 1960 that traditional technologies are not in existence. Why buying from countries that can not be trusted as far as terrorist activity is concerned?
Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by abdulnabdul: 11:07am On Dec 29, 2014
cjrane:
[size=15pt]I completely believe this story is untrue and designed to leak Nigeria's source of arms procurement for it's military.

However, "If" Saudis refuse access over their airspace, they can always break the trip.

Fly from Pakistan to Dubai.
Then from Dubai, fly over the Indian ocean to avoid Saudi Arabia and then land at Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Then from Addis Ababa to Abuja, Nigeria.

[/size]

Then quietly deny Saudi Arabian airlines landing rights in Nigeria.

.Don't say i told you so... grin

And u believe these nations dnt ve their own laws wv regards 2 who n what passes their airspace?
Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by XRAY21(m): 11:07am On Dec 29, 2014
Mynd44:
When top government officials were busy slandering Islam you people cheered them on. You all walked around smiling while your leaders make silly statements about religion and it was okay to all of you abi?

I guess next the FG will blame Sauidi Arabia

You are mad

All of your are terrorist na y wouldn't you side them

Ma hear say all muslim are not terrorist

Shaga yaro banza

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by XRAY21(m): 11:14am On Dec 29, 2014
trillville:
Why must Nigeria always look to import finished goods (military equipment). Government will now tell us it has no business with business.
if DICON is empowered to develop all these equipment, we will not be facing this embarrassment now.

We have so many mechanical engineers unemployed, some even with masters yet government says it has no business with business so it has to create employment in foreign countries by importing all sorts of finished goods at the expense of our people and the naira.

Saudi Arabia is simply doing the bidding of America and this action has absolutely no religious undertone in my opinion. Pakistan is a much more radical state than saudi and yet it has chosen to sell Nigeria weapons.

Get out jor

You complain of GEJ what have you don to. Help this country

When government are trying there best you talk when there don't you talk is it a crime to produce weapon out side or is Nigeria the only country importing weapon
Seun should do something about. All this useless under age coming to cement rubbish

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by GANJAFARMER: 11:16am On Dec 29, 2014
WhiteTechnology:

In essence

Time ,a depleting oil wealth and regional armed groups will force Arewa elites to embrace true federalism
Simple.
Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by XRAY21(m): 11:18am On Dec 29, 2014
jonezz:
Even Pakistan too We are finished as a country my brother,we import almost everything
Very soon we will be importing our wives lol

Are we the only one importing

When government do noting you talk when there try doing something you talk idiot
Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by Nobody: 11:19am On Dec 29, 2014
Mynd44. Chaiii you really wounded these moronic conspiracists, always looking for the witch from the village to blame. Could you do me a favor and join our youth movement? Just ideas and discussion for now.
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1n61hnVoHieq2e8hgyAyG-h22hwtH5uUGhkL4JQiPAAs/viewform

I know your mentions are full right now, but let me know when you see this.
Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by XRAY21(m): 11:26am On Dec 29, 2014
Mynd44:

You are going to blame the Saudi Government for not allowing a government they don't trust fly arms over their airspace?

Perhaps you will say Saudi Arabia is also supporting Boko Haram next.

Before who is the sponsor all islamic terrorist group
Idiot like you
Enemy of nigeria you end is coming

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by XRAY21(m): 11:26am On Dec 29, 2014
Mynd44:

You are going to blame the Saudi Government for not allowing a government they don't trust fly arms over their airspace?

Perhaps you will say Saudi Arabia is also supporting Boko Haram next.

Before who is the sponsor all islamic terrorist group
Idiot like you
Enemy of nigeria you end is coming go and tell you boko friends

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by dhidden: 11:30am On Dec 29, 2014
Mynd44:

Nigerians are hilarious. When America did it they said it was because of the anti-gay law forgetting that most of America's allies in the middle east don't support homosexuality.

We cannot be trusted with arms. The way our military give up their outpost to terrorists is ridiculously worrying.

How does a barrack get captured in one day? And when we say they government is complacent they blame everyone else except themselves.

It is even more worrying that this comment came up

So this is about the elections all along. If there was no elections they wont even bother more. I wonder why our military is just having them on the run too.

Crappy country with crappy leaders and even we the followers are crappy

You are too biased to give an unbiased judgment.
Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by russello: 11:33am On Dec 29, 2014
Mynd44:

So everyone that comes up in the name of Islam represents Muslims?

I guess Catholics priests who molested little boys represents Christians then

The difference here is that the so called depraved Catholic Priests will never justify their despicable act with the pages of the bible, neither are they going to start chanting "JESUS IS LORD!" to support their act and claim they were commissioned by God or obligated as Christians to carry out such act.

But, I can't say the same about bh, isis or any other islamic militant group for that matter.

The question here is not committing the crime as a christian or a muslim, but your source of inspiration which is evident on the fact that such individual can go as far as using the very name (i.e Jesus or Muhammad) and book (I.e Quran or Bible) they so cherish/revere to justify their actions.

Have you ever heard any robber being referred to as christian or islamic robber?

The point is nobody will refer to anyone or group as "christian" or "islamic" militant if you do not give them a reason to tag you as such (compare BH and ND militant).
Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by XRAY21(m): 11:42am On Dec 29, 2014
Coolguy89:
Can u imagine,our strong diplomatic relation wit saudi failed because of dis useless man called jonathan#sai Buhari2015

I have seen it only mumu's idiot's useless people dat support buhari.
Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by muktarmtt(m): 11:43am On Dec 29, 2014
trillville:
Why must Nigeria always look to import finished goods (military equipment). Government will now tell us it has no business with business.
if DICON is empowered to develop all these equipment, we will not be facing this embarrassment now.

We have so many mechanical engineers unemployed, some even with masters yet government says it has no business with business so it has to create employment in foreign countries by importing all sorts of finished goods at the expense of our people and the naira.

Saudi Arabia is simply doing the bidding of America and this action has absolutely no religious undertone in my opinion. Pakistan is a much more radical state than saudi and yet it has chosen to sell Nigeria weapons.
u said d true bro dey always wanna bring religion in if it's d case Pakistan will not sale arms for u

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by muktarmtt(m): 11:49am On Dec 29, 2014
donmalcolm21:
We are watching, Saudi Arabia is doing the bidding of the APC saboteurs who have a large majority of their muslim ilk
u have d ryt to remain stupi*d
Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by jonezz(m): 11:50am On Dec 29, 2014
XRAY21:

Are we the only one importing

When government do noting you talk when there try doing something you talk idiot
You won't understand ,it's not meant for you to understand after all.
Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by XRAY21(m): 11:56am On Dec 29, 2014
blizard44:

Slandering islam? There was never a thing said about islam that wasn't true.

We'll sure have our way around the arms and eliminate your islamic warriors.

My friend no matter how hard there try the weapons must still enter naija even if na leg them go use

To all to all. S'arabia warrior(bokoharam) supporters and sponsors I see your end so close let see if the weapon would not enter this country

Lovers of power(ab@kis)
Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by sanali(m): 11:58am On Dec 29, 2014
I don't know, when i see dis kind of comment, I don't even know if to blame the country for poor education, or really i should blame us of our gene. When i ask my white friend why do the white people think africans are apes, he reply with a single answer, because we really think like apes

Trut:

I want the Northerners to condemn and support the FG to fight terrorism. When arm robbery and kidnapping was rampant in the East, the easterners condemn and supported the FG. That is why arm robbery and kidnapping became something of the past.

The Northerners supported the activities of BH when they were bombing churches and Christian dominated area. Now, BH has turned against them, they blame GEJ and CAN for their woes.

The APC has never condemn Boko haram, instead they blame the FG and criticise our gallant soldiers who fight day and night to restore peace in this country.
Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by XRAY21(m): 12:00pm On Dec 29, 2014
tempest01:

And you felt okay clicking the submit button after typing this

Just leave the mumu

There end is coming
Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by Mynd44: 12:02pm On Dec 29, 2014
MissMeiya:
Mynd44. Chaiii you really wounded these moronic conspiracists, always looking for the witch from the village to blame. Could you do me a favor and join our youth movement? Just ideas and discussion for now.
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1n61hnVoHieq2e8hgyAyG-h22hwtH5uUGhkL4JQiPAAs/viewform

I know your mentions are full right now, but let me know when you see this.
Adon understand.
Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by dhidden: 12:11pm On Dec 29, 2014
chemali:

Are you saying they have never denounced Boko Haram before? Or do you want them to take up the role of chief condemner as a full time job? The way you guys think ehn

Yes, they did not condemn Boko Haram until Boko Haram turned against them too. @dbride then posted so many fb pages on nairaland where these Boko boys and their supporters were happy the Christians/infidels were being hit at; these supporters only started condemning Boko Haram when they turned against their fellow muslims. @dbride was banned from Nairaland and her fb acct was hacked for mentioning names of Boko supporters, then INCLUDING BUHARI. Communication was in Hausa and Arabic. After the expose, Boko supporters deleted their pages including their recruitment page. Now they use codes to communicate. BUHARI can NEVER condemn Boko Haram, he can only say "I WILL STOP BOKO HARAM' and this statement does not condemn Boko Haram because he is their hope of total implementation of sharia law in Nigeria and the final destruction of the constitution which negates ISLAM; nobody has stopped to look into that Buhari's statement. God said, in the last days even people who are supposed to know God (the elect, even pastors) will be deceived. HOW DOES ONE GET DECEIVED? Find out.

Am I deceived? NO. Am I worried about the elections? NO. Why? Because I Know that God is FULLY in control of Nigeria and for us who know this, we have PEACE that is beyond human understanding. NIGERIA WILL BREATHE AGAIN IN JESUS NAME.
Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by chemali: 12:14pm On Dec 29, 2014
dhidden:

Yes, they did not condemn Boko Haram until Boko Haram turned against them too. @dbride then posted so many fb pages on nairaland where these Boko boys and their supporters were happy the Christians/infidels were being hit at; these supporters only started condemning Boko Haram when they turned against their fellow muslims. @dbride was banned from Nairaland and her fb acct was hacked for mentioning names of Boko supporters, then INCLUDING BUHARI. Communication was in Hausa and Arabic. After the expose, Boko supporters deleted their pages including their recruitment page. Now they use codes to communicate. BUHARI can NEVER condemn Boko Haram, he can only say "I WILL STOP BOKO HARAM' and this statement does not condemn Boko Haram because he is their hope of total implementation of sharia law in Nigeria and the final destruction of the constitution which negates ISLAM; nobody has stopped to look into that Buhari's statement. God said, in the last days even people who are supposed to know God (the elect, even pastors) will be deceived. HOW DOES ONE GET DECEIVED? Find out.

Am I deceived? NO. Am I worried about the elections? NO. Why? Because I Know that God is FULLY in control of Nigeria and for us who know this, we have PEACE that is beyond human understanding. NIGERIA WILL BREATHE AGAIN IN JESUS NAME.

Shut up. Jesus does not support your foolishness. Have you looked into the statement that GEJ said he knows d sponsors and they are in his government? If Buhari is behind it, arrest him. Till then shut the Bleep up

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by XRAY21(m): 12:14pm On Dec 29, 2014
kevoh:
So when do we start manufacturing our own weapons? If our government can not see this as an insult to Nigeria then they should vacate their position. Saudi Arabia, South Africa,YU.S.A have insulted us enough. Let's get some W.M.D programme started and shake the world a bit just like North Korea. angry

Bla bla bla like nigeria is the first to import

you are an enemy to this county so if we go to one of the best producers of weapon to produce na bad thing. You want people father son brother in tthe army to die so your evil godfather buhari would have advantage to win sha
Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by XRAY21(m): 12:19pm On Dec 29, 2014
jonezz:
You won't understand ,it's not meant for you to understand after all.

I blame you
Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by jonezz(m): 12:23pm On Dec 29, 2014
XRAY21:

I blame you
You don't have to blame me cuz I'm not your countries problem sir.Direct it to the appropriate channel.Enjoy your new year
Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by shomutuski(m): 12:24pm On Dec 29, 2014
jonezz:
Even Pakistan too We are finished as a country my brother,we import almost everything
Very soon we will be importing our wives lol
See you!!! My own wife will be from canada

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by jonezz(m): 12:33pm On Dec 29, 2014
shomutuski:

See you!!! My own wife will be from canada
Maybe we will go together na ,is like you get eyezz for good women oo

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Nkoli Mmegbuanaeze Contesting For Dead Husband's Legislative Seat In Anambra / Sanwo-Olu: I Called Buhari Twice, But I Have Not Spoken To Him Yet / Dino Malaye Rocks Super Eagle Jersey, Congratulates Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.