Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,203 members, 7,829,305 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

Reasons Why Northerners Hate GEJ - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reasons Why Northerners Hate GEJ (8581 Views)

Feb 14 Election Shift, Lonely & Broke Youth Hate Gej For Forcing Val On Them. / Y Ppl Hate Gej???? C Pic / Reasons Why They Hate GEJ. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why Northerners Hate GEJ by greatestman(m): 9:34pm On Dec 31, 2014
barcanista:
Far from it, no one is pushing Muhammadu Buhari except the masses in the streets. As for Atiku, I will [size=13pt]NEVER[/size] vote for him to preside over the affairs of Nigeria. Buhari is the people's man.

If i may ask you for the donkeys years northerners are ruling this country what have they contributed for the development of this Nation?

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Northerners Hate GEJ by chamboy(m): 9:34pm On Dec 31, 2014
All dis. Madness should stop dis year
Make una no carry am enter 2015

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Northerners Hate GEJ by chamboy(m): 9:35pm On Dec 31, 2014
GEJ Gej wey una dey shout.... dem dn carry light for my area

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Northerners Hate GEJ by dagentility(f): 9:37pm On Dec 31, 2014
Main reason na because gud things dey purge deir belly.
Gej till infinity.
Re: Reasons Why Northerners Hate GEJ by Firmjudge(m): 9:39pm On Dec 31, 2014
Adminisher:
So northerners hate Jonathan?.
I completely accept this fact and wont accept any election figures giving him even up to 25% of the votes cast in any state of the north. That would be serious rigging.

Look at this one, you think all the hype about Buhari is fully endorsed by all northerners.?
You are a joke. Jonathan will sweep up some of this northern state to your dismay.
Dont ever underestimate your opponent.
With the way things are going.
For example in the north jonathan might end up sweeping states like
adamawa Because of Ribadu.
Taraba. Cux of Theophilus Danjuma
Gombe.
Plateau.
Bornu.
kebbi.
kaduna
And the likes.
People who do not know the religious distribution will wonder why i say this.
Let people keep druming religious issh and APC will be suprised by 2015.
My people here do not know how to cross vote.
Its a one directional thing.
Its either APC all throug or PDP all through.
Before anyone bash me,
i am a northerner.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Northerners Hate GEJ by calaway: 9:39pm On Dec 31, 2014
barcanista:
Why is Buhari not an option?

BUHARI is the president general of the fulani in west africa (miyatti Allah) BUHARI arms and encourages his herdsmen/kinsmen to terrorize armless Nigerians everywhere.

Buhari is a silent supporter of boko haram

buhari is an advocate for sharia in its entirety for all of nigeria.

Fela called him an animal in a crazed man's skin

just to mention a few......

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Northerners Hate GEJ by ogb5(m): 9:40pm On Dec 31, 2014
chamboy:
GEJ Gej wey una dey shout.... dem dn carry light for my area

Do you know since when there has been power shortage on Nigeria? From 1914 when nigeria was created we have never had adequate power. Do you think Jonathan can really solve the power problem in 4 yrs? We should evaluate the progress being made and criticise constructively

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why Northerners Hate GEJ by Nobody: 9:43pm On Dec 31, 2014
ogb5:

By 2050 nigeria will have a population of 400 million. We have to create wealth now for the future generation otherwise there will be crisis in the country.
Nigeria leader needs to know the relationship between wealth and social harmony, [s]it will be impossible to get buhari to comprehend that[/s].
I agree with every part of your post except the crossed. Muhammadu Buhari does not have any magic stick to make Nigeria an eldorado within one year, but his coming will put the motion the process of growth that will transform to development if sustained. Two things hindering this country from growing are Corruption/Executive indiscipline and lack of Political will. A President Buhari will minimize drastically (if not eliminate completely) corruption and will also exercise the political will to pursue the fiscal policies of government. By so doing, there will be resources to invest in key infrastructures, create employment and also enabling environment for productivity. With this as a foundation, the country can build on short and long term developmental project that will be consolidated by successive government. This alone will set the motion for sustainable growth abd development rather than window-dressing.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Northerners Hate GEJ by brutef0rce101: 9:43pm On Dec 31, 2014
noblezone:

This is my nairaland post of the year!

Of course it will be your post of the year, cos of the hatred in you. To you yeeboe bigots, anyone from the North is an Illiterate. Like you yeeboes dont have your own problem in the east as well. Hypocrite.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Northerners Hate GEJ by Nobody: 9:44pm On Dec 31, 2014
omonnakoda:
There is nothing like hate or love GEJ did not play the right political game by thinking ahead till 2015. If he was a smart politician he should have settled the Yorubas and he did not . Personally I do not support him but I do not support Buhari. The issue is not even whether he has performed but he is not awake politically. Who does he have on ground in SW? Bottom line he did not plan ahead if he did he would have realized that Yorubas are more important to him than he has shown. Who is the biggest Yoruba politician in his government? Okupe? When Bankole lost out instead of rehabilitating hiim he started harassing him. Now I do not support Bankole but from the perspective of a strategic politician who thinks ahead those are the kind of people he needed. All the PDP governors who lost election or people like Gbenga Daniel,Iyabo Obasanjo etc he should have rehabilitated for his own interest
Secondly his quarrel with Amaechi s 100 % unnecessary an own goal. He has made what should be easy to be unnecessarily difficult. He does not have good advisers. The maxim goes keep your friends close and your enemies closer. He disregarded this very important imperatie. He might find out that incumbency is not part of the weaponry of minority tribes. How many Ijaws are in the Nigerian Army? Or is it Minimah that will defend him when he rigs the election. We have seen it all before he will rig and we will have another June 12 situation. I hope he is not kiilled.

Another June 12

But

This time get ready to pay salaries with cocoa wealth

No GEJ No oil No Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why Northerners Hate GEJ by Nobody: 9:45pm On Dec 31, 2014
greatestman:

If i may ask you for the donkeys years northerners are ruling this country what have they contributed for the development of this Nation?
This is my problem. I have never subscribed to power staying in north or south, I am interested in productive leadership. Power as of today is not in the south, it is under the grip of political jobbers and elite from all parts of the country. So it was during Yaradua, Obasanjo, IBB, Shagari etc
Re: Reasons Why Northerners Hate GEJ by Nobody: 9:47pm On Dec 31, 2014
Firmjudge:

Look at this one, you think all the hype about Buhari is fully endorsed by all northerners.?
You are a joke. Jonathan will sweep up some of this northern state to your dismay.
Dont ever underestimate your opponent.
Before anyone bash me,
i am a northerner.
What part of the north are you from pls?

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Northerners Hate GEJ by Firmjudge(m): 9:55pm On Dec 31, 2014
barcanista:
Classified.
But, If you want to know anything about the north iwill help out.
Re: Reasons Why Northerners Hate GEJ by Nobody: 9:57pm On Dec 31, 2014
Firmjudge:

Classified.
But, If you want to know anything about the north iwill help out.
Private?
Re: Reasons Why Northerners Hate GEJ by tit(f): 9:58pm On Dec 31, 2014
barcanista:

so you think every northerner will line up like malu behind buhari?

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Northerners Hate GEJ by Nobody: 9:59pm On Dec 31, 2014
tit:

so you think every northerner will line up like malu behind buhari?
Guy na when you go get sense?

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Northerners Hate GEJ by eleven(m): 10:05pm On Dec 31, 2014
galadima77:
since it's all about opinions that everybody seems to have these days...here's mine:

from d op to about all silly comments here within, it's also my opinion that anybody who arouses d religious sensitivity of others in political issues is simply an eediot!!! simple.....

We can pretend all is well, abuse each other and deceive ourselves but deep inside us we know the issues the OP raised are not far from realities.

Jonathan did not meet our expectations, his utterances most times are very embarrassing for his level of education but he did try his best to reach out to our northern brothers who unfortunately for reasons best known to them hated him in-spite of his efforts.

The North using social media through El-Rufai, Omojuwa & Co handles succeeded in using some of GEJ's weak points/blunders to further propagate & sell these hate to youths from other regions who unfortunately follow these people without applying common sense.

APC is not about any positive change, the party's main objective is to deliver power to the North simple. All these noise, propagandas, threats, hates etc is all about returning power to the North sadly not about Nigeria in my opinion.

Reason why campaigns are not issue based but false propagandas, e-fights, threats & counter threats from both sides. Overheating the country unnecessarily. The common people are the biggest losers in all of these.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why Northerners Hate GEJ by Firmjudge(m): 10:07pm On Dec 31, 2014
barcanista:
Private?
Yes Sir, BTW whats your point exactly.
Re: Reasons Why Northerners Hate GEJ by ogb5(m): 10:19pm On Dec 31, 2014
barcanista:
I agree with every part of your post except the crossed. Muhammadu Buhari does not have any magic stick to make Nigeria an eldorado within one year, but his coming will put the motion the process of growth that will transform to development if sustained. Two things hindering this country from growing are Corruption/Executive indiscipline and lack of Political will. A President Buhari will minimize drastically if not eliminate corruption and will also exercise the political will to pursue the fiscal policies of government. By so doing, there will be resources to invest in key infrastructures, create employment and also enabling environment for productivity. With this as a foundation, the country can build on short and long term developmental project that will be consolidated by successive government. This alone will set the motion for sustainable growth abd development rather than window-dressing.

You seem to have a lot of wishful thinking about Buhari. I witnessed Buhari's rule in 1984 to 1985 and I have reviewed some of his actions both as minister of petroleum in the 70s and as PTF chairman in the 90s
Believe me Buhari does not have the competence to lead a progressive Nigeria.

I will give you some examples.
Buhari pushed for the establishment of the kaduna refinery based on an imported feedstock of crude oil from Venezuela. He made 3 blunders in the establishment of the Kaduna refinery.
First the request was based on northern interest just because a refinery was being built in Warri. Sound national decision should not have regional coloration.

2. In setting up the kaduna refinery he agreed to exchange Nigeria's bonny light crude oil with Venezuela ' heavy crude barrel for barrel. That decision cost nigeria billions of dollars and we are still paying for that stupidity up till today. Because nigeria' s bonny light is more expensive than the heavy venezuela crude, so 1 to 1 exchange is cheating to Nigeria.

3.By citing a refinery whose feedstock is heavy crude 700km from the coast in kaduna you actually pay a lot more for pumping the crude. It would have been better to site the warri refinery in kaduna and site the kaduna refinery in warri.

From the above you will see that Buhari's lack of economic competence has been exhibited since the seventies.

A lot has been written about his missteps in the 80's cancelling the lagos metroline project and forcing factories to go under, I will not want to repeat them. He was very sectional at PTF. Even accepting to serve at PTF was a sectional decision because PTF was set up by Abacha to counter Ompadec which was seen as a southern organisation. And Buhari performed as designed at PTF, concentrating majority of the projects up north.

So in Buhari you will get a president who will make stupid economic decisions due to incompetence and someone whose decisions will always have some ethnic and regional coloration.

We really don't need the type of leadership that Buhari will bring at this point of Nigeria's development.

6 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Northerners Hate GEJ by tit(f): 10:22pm On Dec 31, 2014
barcanista:
Guy na when you go get sense?

when buhari bring his US War College Masters degree!
i am a lady by the way.

buhari kill Brigadier Bako of Kano on this day 31 days ago.
Buhari kill Brigadier Bako so he can become coup leader.
Re: Reasons Why Northerners Hate GEJ by aurenflani: 10:23pm On Dec 31, 2014
noblezone:

This is my nairaland post of the year!

Did he built the school that I and other Northerners attended? I have not seen any of the ao-called Almajiri schools being song but I know graduates who went to the Nomadic schools built by Babangida's government for Fulani herders children back in the 80s.
Re: Reasons Why Northerners Hate GEJ by aurenflani: 10:26pm On Dec 31, 2014
tit:

i am a lady by the way.

I wil vote for Buhari.
Re: Reasons Why Northerners Hate GEJ by tit(f): 10:28pm On Dec 31, 2014
aurenflani:

I wil vote for Buhari.

yes naw.
you and buhari kill Brigadier Bako together.
Betrayer!
Re: Reasons Why Northerners Hate GEJ by Nobody: 10:33pm On Dec 31, 2014
tit:

i am a lady by the way.

I am sure you are a sad lady in real life. Buhari killed Bako? cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Northerners Hate GEJ by Kagarko(m): 10:42pm On Dec 31, 2014
What a Misconceptions!

In 1999 was the north not having credible people to run for presidency? We do but we allow the south to fill in candidates for the presidency.

And somebody is here decieving you with religion stuff.

In the pdp dont they have muslims? Infact bello haliru is a decendent of danfodio of sokoto and is a figure in the pdp.

We hate him cos he is clueless.
Simple.

People are dying daily and no succour.

The service chiefs are only after the yearly trilion naira which they share.

How can army allow some part of this country to be under insurgents for more than 6 months with their flags been hoisted and you say you are planning. Till when.

Pls sack the service chiefs if you are serious with the fight on boko haram.

May God help us out.

Americas democracy is strong cos power alternates between democrats and republicans.
Re: Reasons Why Northerners Hate GEJ by aurenflani: 10:42pm On Dec 31, 2014
tit:

yes naw.
you and buhari kill Brigadier Bako together.
Betrayer!

I wil vote for Buhari you little drunnk whorre
Re: Reasons Why Northerners Hate GEJ by trotsky2: 10:49pm On Dec 31, 2014
Orunto:
The North fears GEJ 'cos he is a Christian, very educated and he prays. Just like satan, they are determined to challenge the CHRIST in him. The Southwest is voting enmasse for GEJ. Don't you see WS opening up the gate of Yorubas' support and acceptance for GEJ? WS is a Field Marshal leader of the Southwest. Tinubu is not a Yoruba leader but a leader of APC. GEJ IS NOT A THIEF AND HE IS NOT CORRUPT. GOD WILL DO WONDERS FOR NIGERIA THROUGH HIM.
Robbish! angry 'christian' ko? sa nan da muka jefa kwarya wa obassanjo ba mu san che wa shi 'christian' ba ko?
Re: Reasons Why Northerners Hate GEJ by Nobody: 10:49pm On Dec 31, 2014
ogb5:

You seem to have a lot of wishful thinking about Buhari. I witnessed Buhari's rule in 1984 to 1985 and I have reviewed some of his actions both as minister of petroleum in the 70s and as PTF chairman in the 90s
Believe me Buhari does not have the competence to lead a progressive Nigeria.

I will give you some examples.
Buhari pushed for the establishment of the kaduna refinery based on an imported feedstock of crude oil from Venezuela. He made 3 blunders in the establishment of the Kaduna refinery.
First the request was based on northern interest just because a refinery was being built in Warri. Sound national decision should not have regional coloration.

2. In setting up the kaduna refinery he agreed to exchange Nigeria's bonny light crude oil with Venezuela ' heavy crude barrel for barrel. That decision cost nigeria billions of dollars and we are still paying for that stupidity up till today. Because nigeria' s bonny light is more expensive than the heavy venezuela crude, so 1 to 1 exchange is cheating to Nigeria.

3.By citing a refinery whose feedstock is heavy crude 700km from the coast in kaduna you actually pay a lot more for pumping the crude. It would have been better to site the warri refinery in kaduna and site the kaduna refinery in warri.

From the above you will see that Buhari's lack of economic competence has been exhibited since the seventies.

A lot has been written about his missteps in the 80's cancelling the lagos metroline project and forcing factories to go under, I will not want to repeat them. He was very sectional at PTF. Even accepting to serve at PTF was a sectional decision because PTF was set up by Abacha to counter Ompadec which was seen as a southern organisation. And Buhari performed as designed at PTF, concentrating majority of the projects up north.

So in Buhari you will get a president who will make stupid economic decisions due to incompetence and someone whose decisions will always have some ethnic and regional coloration.

We really don't need the type of leadership that Buhari will bring at this point of Nigeria's development.

You may criticise him but one thing I draw from your post is that we once had a Petroleum Minister that tried to improve the local production of the country's petroleum products by citing two refineries, one in Warri and another in Kaduna. Now saying because it was ethnically motivated is disservice to humanity. I would have echoed your tribal chorus if there wasn't any refinery in the SS area. There was Portharcourt Refinery I and II, and also Warri Refinery. A Kaduna refinery is to me a welcome development, however, more refineries should be established. Jonathan in January 2012 promised to establish 3 refineries each in Lagos, Bayelsa and Kogi states, as well as fix existing ones to perform optimally, but hey it is 2015 with nothing on ground to show. If he had been magnanimous to do what Buhari did, whether he cites it in Abakiliki or Sokoto state, it would have gone a long way to help the petroleum sectors and creats lots of jobs. Your attack on Buhari for accepting PTF job which he performed excellently lack substance. As for the allegation as regards the Vanezuelan deal, I will need to get my fact right before commenting.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Northerners Hate GEJ by trotsky2: 10:52pm On Dec 31, 2014
Mind you i am from far north born and brought up their. 80% of my friends are Hausa/Fulani.
[/quote] karya ne! far north my a**s
Re: Reasons Why Northerners Hate GEJ by tit(f): 10:56pm On Dec 31, 2014
barcanista:
You may criticise him but one thing I draw from your post is that we once had a Petroleum Minister that tried to improve the local production of the country's petroleum products by citing two refineries, one in Warri and another in Kaduna. Now saying because it was ethnically motivated is disservice to humanity. I would have echoed your tribal chorus if there wasn't any refinery in the SS area. There was Portharcourt Refinery I and II, and also Warri Refinery. A Kaduna refinery is to me a welcome development, however, more refineries should be established. Jonathan in January 2012 promised to establish 3 refineries each in Lagos, Bayelsa and Kogi states, as well as fix existing ones to perform optimally, but hey it is 2015 with nothing on ground to show. If he had been magnanimous to do what Buhari did, whether he cites it in Abakiliki or Sokoto state, it would have gone a long way to help the petroleum sectors and creats lots of jobs. Your attack on Buhari for accepting PTF job which he performed excellently lack substance. As for the allegation as regards the Vanezuelan deal, I will need to get my fact right before commenting.

how did einstein define insanity?
yes, doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
PH refinery 1 was run by government and it has failed!
Warri refinery was run by government and it has failed!!
Kaduna refinery was run by government and it has failed!!!
PH refinery II was run by government and it has failed!!!!!!!
Nitel, DSC aladja, Ajaokuta steel plant, ALSCON, etc etc

and left to you, government should establish more giant white elephant projects?
Re: Reasons Why Northerners Hate GEJ by Nobody: 11:01pm On Dec 31, 2014
tit:

how did einstein define insanity?
yes, doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
PH refinery 1 was run by government and it has failed!
Warri refinery was run by government and it has failed!!
Kaduna refinery was run by government and it has failed!!!
PH refinery II was run by government and it has failed!!!!!!!
Nitel, DSC aladja, Ajaokuta steel plant, ALSCON, etc etc

and left to you, government should establish more giant white elephant projects?
All these failed because successive administration failed in their responsibilities. I don't know how you think my friend

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Northerners Hate GEJ by Firmjudge(m): 11:03pm On Dec 31, 2014
aurenflani:

Did he built the school that I and other Northerners attended? I have not seen any of the ao-called Almajiri schools being song but I know graduates who went to the Nomadic schools built by Babangida's government for Fulani herders children back in the 80s.

In as much as i donnot support the almajiris system in all ramifications, But what do you do when even our governors are not doing anything to tackl what i actually term child abandonment without parental care.
back then in school, i have some set of almajiri boys that i feed out of pity i donnot even allow them to do any chore for me even though they often insist and i only give them fresh food and small money.
BTW I actually came accross one Model almajiri school in Sokoto-south.
it actually exist.

We have to learnn to see beyound our nose and accept Good things if done to help salvage an already bad situation.
common its a good thing at least i know that at the model school i am very sure no child will walk with torn clothings and scalp over his head.
infact we should blame the northern leaders for our woes let us hold them accountable
#GodBlessNigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Osinbajo: Some Public Commentators Make Baseless Assertions / Ogun State Workers Lament Non-payment Of November Salary With Days To Christmas / IPMAN Blames N617 Fuel Price Hike On Security, Govt Agencies’ Extortion, Levies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.