Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,484 members, 7,958,464 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 02:51 PM

Eldeethedon Goes Hard On Jonathan, Says His Govt Reeks Of Lies, Corruption And I - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eldeethedon Goes Hard On Jonathan, Says His Govt Reeks Of Lies, Corruption And I (35235 Views)

Magu: Buhari Has Lost Control Of His Govt., Former Nigerian Leaders Say / Imo Still Reeks Of Filth, As Garbage Heaps Take Over Owerri- PIX / Seun Kuti Goes Hard On Oby Ezekwesili Over Al Jazeera Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eldeethedon Goes Hard On Jonathan, Says His Govt Reeks Of Lies, Corruption And I by ItsMeAboki(m): 10:55am On Jan 03, 2015
Anyone too bored to follow all the yarns about GEJ's failed promises but relate better to music should pls click on this youtube clip to get a summary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YR3eSk3SOBg
Re: Eldeethedon Goes Hard On Jonathan, Says His Govt Reeks Of Lies, Corruption And I by patpaul: 10:57am On Jan 03, 2015
Where is eldee from? why didn't his party-the APC, presentsl a true detribalise Nigerian and a non jihadist like Fashola if indeed he is not supporting his jihadist brother from the north?
Re: Eldeethedon Goes Hard On Jonathan, Says His Govt Reeks Of Lies, Corruption And I by Nobody: 11:06am On Jan 03, 2015
poseidon12:

Don't mind Nigerians and their hypocrisy. Ethnic bigots have suddenly become very objective critics. But they turn a blind eye to the massive corruption and bad governance in their states and local govts.
I live in Lagos state and cannot even find a decent road to drive on.
Our objective critism should be across the board, not selective. And we need positive change at all levels.
#vote jimi agbaje for gov. Lagos

You and the guy you responded to are the real ethnic bigots. What does eldee have to do with Lagos? Because he's Yoruba? He's a Northerner.
Re: Eldeethedon Goes Hard On Jonathan, Says His Govt Reeks Of Lies, Corruption And I by poseidon12: 11:22am On Jan 03, 2015
sunayo:
Like someone already pointed out, there are three tiers of govt in Nigeria but most Nigerians blame the federal for all the ills.

Fashola started the Lagos badagry road since since 2007 till date it has not reached Alakija, the train he said will become operational by june 2013 is nowhere in sight. He demolished buildings and shops in Ojoku Str, Ajegunle since 2007, they only started work on it after Apc lost Ekiti state. Buba Marwa road and several others in my area in Satelite are in terrible state, all under state and council. So what are we saying.

APC supporters should be objective.

Don't mind the hypocrites. I also reside in Satellite town. I can't even find any decent road to drive on. All the roads are in terrible state all year round.
There is massive corruption in Lagos state. The govt is inept, only performing on the pages of the newspapers.
But the call for change from the hypocrites is only for the presidency. No call for change at state and local govt level.

1 Like

Re: Eldeethedon Goes Hard On Jonathan, Says His Govt Reeks Of Lies, Corruption And I by Caseless: 11:23am On Jan 03, 2015
MissMeiya:

Lol yeah I was really happy grin
I'm also happy for u. grin
I hope you get to meet him one-on-one some day so can enjoy his 'mentorship'.
Re: Eldeethedon Goes Hard On Jonathan, Says His Govt Reeks Of Lies, Corruption And I by Nobody: 11:26am On Jan 03, 2015
Caseless:
I'm also happy for u. grin
I hope you get to meet him one-on-one some day so can enjoy his 'mentorship'.

Come on. I don't like that.
Re: Eldeethedon Goes Hard On Jonathan, Says His Govt Reeks Of Lies, Corruption And I by Kolade354(m): 11:29am On Jan 03, 2015
poseidon12:

So you don't think we should also hold state and local govts to account?
I reside in Lagos. Almost all the inner roads are horrible. These roads are the responsibility of the Lagos state govt and the various lga's/lcda's. I don't remember when last I drove my car because it has become a nightmare to drive around Lagos unless you have an suv/truck.
Area boys still rule, causing havoc all over. A lot of black spots, like mile2, where people get robbed daily.
And the govt, both state and local, never explains how the money they get is spent and why roads are in such horrible state.
After 16yrs of ACN/APC govt, one should expect much better than we have gotten.
As you scrutinize the fg and urge us to vote right, without ethnic or religious sentiment, we should do same for state and local govts. Otherwise it would amount to hipocrisy.
And those of you shouting of change at the center, don't you all think we also need change at the state level?
when the head is bad you can imagine what will happen to the rest.....................so 16 years is not enough to give us stable power supply, no working refinery. Compare pdp controlled state with Apc state to so who performs more than eachother and in terms of corruption also.
Re: Eldeethedon Goes Hard On Jonathan, Says His Govt Reeks Of Lies, Corruption And I by Caseless: 11:34am On Jan 03, 2015
MissMeiya:

Come on. I don't like that.
u always read meaning to my post- just take my post as they come...no hidden meaning. I guess we cleared this earlier. When i said 'mentorship' ,I meant 'mentorship' in literal sense. Eldee has maintained a controversy-free career, as for me, I'd like to meet him and get taught on how he was able to achieve that feat.
Re: Eldeethedon Goes Hard On Jonathan, Says His Govt Reeks Of Lies, Corruption And I by poseidon12: 12:25pm On Jan 03, 2015
MissMeiya:

You and the guy you responded to are the real ethnic bigots. What does eldee have to do with Lagos? Because he's Yoruba? He's a Northerner.

It seems you woke up on the wrong side of your bed. Narrow-minded ethnic bigots like you do not like balanced argument.
The person I responded to might have assumed eldee is from Lagos state. I did not make that assumption. But it does not matter which particular state he is from. My point is that the demand for accountability should be across the board: Fg, state, local govt. If you have problem with that then it shows your lack of objectivity and that tells us who the real ethnic bigot is.
My position is this: President Jonathan did not perform. But he has some good economic transformation programs I would like to see continued (eg power, petroleum, agriculture, industrialization). Also I believe more than 90% of the governors and local govt chairmen did not perforn. Majority of them are worse than Jonathan.
If you are shouting for change and you are asking me to vote out Jonathan at the center, why are you also not asking me to vote out most of the governors and lga chairs that are not performing.
The reason I mentioned Lagos state is because that is where I reside. The performance (or lack of it) of the governor there affects me. My mention of Lagos has nothing to do with where eldeethedon comes from. Now to prove to me that eldee is not being hypocritical, it would help if you or anyone else can point us to where he has criticised the govt of the state he is from or resides in. Same applies to you. Otherwise I would brand you all hypocrites and ethnic bigots. Cheers and I hope you have a happy new year.
Re: Eldeethedon Goes Hard On Jonathan, Says His Govt Reeks Of Lies, Corruption And I by Fweshdude(m): 1:04pm On Jan 03, 2015
MissMeiya:

Thanks! You too.

I know. I did.
Re: Eldeethedon Goes Hard On Jonathan, Says His Govt Reeks Of Lies, Corruption And I by jiggalo(m): 1:11pm On Jan 03, 2015
Etruth:
How narrow minded can folks be? What do you expect him to do? As what? YOU ARE LOST:OUT OF TOUCH WiTH REALITY You don't want to hold accountable, d man who WAS VOTED and given the RESOURCES AND MANPOWER to work. Rather, you are asking dump questions about a responsible and patriotic citizen who earns an honest living and voices his opinion about a retrogressive and corruption-laden govt. SHAME ON YOU . TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS ALSO EXPECTED !!! What have you given Eldee that you are demanding for something in return? SMH 4 U. #Disgusting
My guy u try...o, u sabi insult person; nawa.....o
Re: Eldeethedon Goes Hard On Jonathan, Says His Govt Reeks Of Lies, Corruption And I by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jan 03, 2015
poseidon12:

It seems you woke up on the wrong side of your bed. Narrow-minded ethnic bigots like you do not like balanced argument.
The person I responded to might have assumed eldee is from Lagos state. I did not make that assumption. But it does not matter which particular state he is from. My point is that the demand for accountability should be across the board: Fg, state, local govt. If you have problem with that then it shows your lack of objectivity and that tells us who the real ethnic bigot is.
My position is this: President Jonathan did not perform. But he has some good economic transformation programs I would like to see continued (eg power, petroleum, agriculture, industrialization). Also I believe more than 90% of the governors and local govt chairmen did not perforn. Majority of them are worse than Jonathan.
If you are shouting for change and you are asking me to vote out Jonathan at the center, why are you also not asking me to vote out most of the governors and lga chairs that are not performing.
The reason I mentioned Lagos state is because that is where I reside. The performance (or lack of it) of the governor there affects me. My mention of Lagos has nothing to do with where eldeethedon comes from. Now to prove to me that eldee is not being hypocritical, it would help if you or anyone else can point us to where he has criticised the govt of the state he is from or resides in. Same applies to you. Otherwise I would brand you all hypocrites and ethnic bigots. Cheers and I hope you have a happy new year.

So you are demanding that a diasporan should campaign for change in every single local and state government in Nigeria? No, not even that, you're demanding that he make SPECIFICALLY Lagos, a state on the opposite side of the country from his home state, the focus of his activism, like a tribalist, like you, instead of like the patriotic nationalist he is.

Here's an idea. You go do something about Lagos, and leave national activism to eldee. Since promoting civic engagement can only happen one level at a time. When you're done with Lagos, don't forget to do every other state in Nigeria, INDIVIDUALLY. Or you must accept tribalist as your official job title.

Ridiculous person.
Re: Eldeethedon Goes Hard On Jonathan, Says His Govt Reeks Of Lies, Corruption And I by Etruth: 3:37pm On Jan 03, 2015
jiggalo:

My guy u try...o, u sabi insult person; nawa.....o
No vex bros. I didn't mean to insult you. I guess I over-reacted to your earlier post. E ma bi nu. Biko iwe ewe n'eghi ooo. I'm sorry
Re: Eldeethedon Goes Hard On Jonathan, Says His Govt Reeks Of Lies, Corruption And I by poseidon12: 5:33pm On Jan 03, 2015
MissMeiya:

So you are demanding that a diasporan should campaign for change in every single local and state government in Nigeria? No, not even that, you're demanding that he make SPECIFICALLY Lagos, a state on the opposite side of the country from his home state, the focus of his activism, like a tribalist, like you, instead of like the patriotic nationalist he is.

Here's an idea. You go do something about Lagos, and leave national activism to eldee. Since promoting civic engagement can only happen one level at a time. When you're done with Lagos, don't forget to do every other state in Nigeria, INDIVIDUALLY. Or you must accept tribalist as your official job title.

Ridiculous person.

I give up on you. I like to engage reasonable folks in intelligent discourse. As parties, there is no difference between the PDP and APC. There is another thread going on about who your local govt chairman is and what projects they have executed. It is telling that almost all the posters from different states (both PDP and APC) are saying that their lg chairmen are doing nothing except collecting and sharing money. But I don't get to hear clamour for change at the state and local level as I hear for change at the center. And this is because for the tribalists like you, it is all about getting the presidency. For your ilk, it is not about performance.
Yes,GEJ is not performing. However from what we see on ground in APC run states, APC is not the change we desire.
Re: Eldeethedon Goes Hard On Jonathan, Says His Govt Reeks Of Lies, Corruption And I by Remarkable: 6:00pm On Jan 03, 2015
WhiteTechnology:

as

If you guys are not traitors

Why didn't you people vote Buhari against OBJ in 2003

I just had to come back and state how the above question went unanswered and subsequently ended the back and forth the the seemingly passionate Kolabe354.

Unfortunately his/her likes are all over NL and social media:

they claim and appear to be passionate about Nigeria...

they feel the country is unbearable for them and not only that it is GEJ's inability to fix all the problems, but that an answer is now found, hallelujah!

and the most deceitful part is when the point fingers at the supporters of GEJ and say "You are supporting him out of bigotry, this this and that (tribalism and sentiment included)..."

but just as you did, ask them where their passion about Nigeria and belief was when Buhari contested in yester-years... you see them disengage into thin air.

The apt word: Hypocrites.
Re: Eldeethedon Goes Hard On Jonathan, Says His Govt Reeks Of Lies, Corruption And I by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jan 03, 2015
poseidon12:

I give up on you. I like to engage reasonable folks in intelligent discourse. As parties, there is no difference between the PDP and APC. There is another thread going on about who your local govt chairman is and what projects they have executed. It is telling that almost all the posters from different states (both PDP and APC) are saying that their lg chairmen are doing nothing except collecting and sharing money. But I don't get to hear clamour for change at the state and local level as I hear for change at the center. And this is because for the tribalists like you, it is all about getting the presidency. For your ilk, it is not about performance.
Yes,GEJ is not performing. However from what we see on ground in APC run states, APC is not the change we desire.

And how does this thread have anything to do with APC? Despite the fact that GEJ is an abysmal failure, we shouldn't say anything for fear of seeming partisan? Does this actually make sense in your mind?

The goddamn president of the entire country, you are trying to equate his failure on a national level to failures at a state level? I have never said anything in support of APC or PDP in my life. They are same. I've even posted political cartoons mocking the way they jump back and forth from party to party, while mórons like you kill each other on Nairaland over them. Learn to look at people instead of parties. Learn to hold people accountable for failures and broken promises, instead of looking for who to shift blame or attention to. If a conversation is about one area, try and maintain focus, instead of talking about a different area.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eldeethedon Goes Hard On Jonathan, Says His Govt Reeks Of Lies, Corruption And I by jiggalo(m): 6:11pm On Jan 03, 2015
Etruth:
No vex bros. I didn't mean to insult you. I guess I over-reacted to your earlier post. E ma bi nu. Biko iwe ewe n'eghi ooo. I'm sorry
No problem my brother, you are welcome.
Re: Eldeethedon Goes Hard On Jonathan, Says His Govt Reeks Of Lies, Corruption And I by cocokiller1(f): 3:03pm On Jan 04, 2015
Etruth:
I feel very sorry for you because you remain adamant on heeding wise counsel.By the time you realise what you have done to yourself,it will be too late. Instead of resorting to swear words and showing the whole world how mannerless and ill-brought up you are, learn how to write and express yourself equivocally and decently. Cos you sound empty and loose. I really sympathise wit the unfortunate guy who would want any kind of relationship with you......cos its obvious you have nothing to offer. Its not too late for you though.....You can still turn out well if you heed the counsel in my previous post. Shalom
very dumb person
Re: Eldeethedon Goes Hard On Jonathan, Says His Govt Reeks Of Lies, Corruption And I by espn(m): 3:16pm On Jan 04, 2015
meccuno:
the local govt is supposed to be the strongest....because its closer to the people.......please hold all the leaders of the three tiers accountable not just the centre.........each tier has its function to perform........when you criticise each tier that's when progress would be made......
that is not correct.. the local govt was created so that they would be closer to the grass root. So dis doesn't mean they are the strongest. They don't evem have the financial power compared to the state and the federal government especially in nigeria where the local govt lacks full autonomy. Therefore the local government is the weakest among the 3 tiers of government.
Re: Eldeethedon Goes Hard On Jonathan, Says His Govt Reeks Of Lies, Corruption And I by angelsing(m): 7:53am On Jan 05, 2015
lymelyte:
but he smokes abi? grin
He does not and funny enough it was an artist during an interview who confirmed all this when he made reference to ELDEE when he was asked about the life style of musician in the country
Re: Eldeethedon Goes Hard On Jonathan, Says His Govt Reeks Of Lies, Corruption And I by meccuno: 8:30am On Jan 05, 2015
espn:
that is not correct.. the local govt was created so that they would be closer to the grass root. So dis doesn't mean they are the strongest. They don't evem have the financial power compared to the state and the federal government especially in nigeria where the local govt lacks full autonomy. Therefore the local government is the weakest among the 3 tiers of government.
the local govt is the govt closer to the people.....so that means they know what the people want,approve,dislike..........the locaal govt is controlled by the state government in Nigerias case.......you talk about full autonomy,but when the discussion about local govt autonomy was brought up,it was APC states that killed the idea of local govt autonomy........if not,the possibility of strengthening it would not be an issue......
Re: Eldeethedon Goes Hard On Jonathan, Says His Govt Reeks Of Lies, Corruption And I by cocokiller1(f): 10:23pm On Jan 07, 2015
Etruth:
I feel very sorry for you because you remain adamant on heeding wise counsel.By the time you realise what you have done to yourself,it will be too late. Instead of resorting to swear words and showing the whole world how mannerless and ill-brought up you are, learn how to write and express yourself equivocally and decently. Cos you sound empty and loose. I really sympathise wit the unfortunate guy who would want any kind of relationship with you......cos its obvious you have nothing to offer. Its not too late for you though.....You can still turn out well if you heed the counsel in my previous post. Shalom
finding it hard to decipher wat u jst typed
u jst killing urself over nothing
u act like ur command in English is perfect
I don't see anything wrong in what I typed
learn not to insult me
u ill mannered goat
u evn lack all d characteristics of a perfect gentleman
u jst running ur fingers on ur keypad anyhw
feeling like a useless done cos u typed a sentence dat is not so complete

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Fayose Writes EFCC Again / Azikiwe, Ahmadu Bello And Awolowo In A Happy Mood (Throwback Photo) / DJ Switch Begs ICC To Probe Lekki Shooting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.