Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,409 members, 7,954,624 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:25 AM

Father Mbaka Says Jonathan Is Surrounded By Corrupt Officials - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Father Mbaka Says Jonathan Is Surrounded By Corrupt Officials (39207 Views)

Attahiru Jega Disappointed Me, Says Jonathan / Photos Of Fayose Surrounded By Gun-Wielding Hunters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Father Mbaka Says Jonathan Is Surrounded By Corrupt Officials by Flye: 3:43pm On Jan 03, 2015
donpeey22:
My dear, even after changing GEJ, I am sure you will still call for another change soonest. trust me. The messy situation Nigeria is struggling to get rid of today was created by the so many years of military rule witnessed by the country from 1966 till th

All I want is the fear that they will be thrown out if they perform below peoples expectation. If the next did not perform throw him out, I remember a time when Japan changed three prime ministers within two years all because they don't have answers to rising Japanese yen.

1 Like

Re: Father Mbaka Says Jonathan Is Surrounded By Corrupt Officials by Flye: 4:02pm On Jan 03, 2015
rhymz:

The problem with many of you is that you like to live in denial and play the ostrich game. Igbos for so long have been led to believe that in this country national good comes first but the reality shows that it is rather sectional, regional, tribal and parochial interests that come first.

The Yoruba political elite has always played opposition politics, that's the truth but in this particular case, they seem to want to capitalize on some limitations of the Jonathan government to intimidate him out of office.
1. He is from a minority tribe and a region that has greatly been balkanized along tribal and needless geographical identity, so it is believed that he can be intimidated without the other many tribes and igbos especially in the that region being able to do much to stop a gang up against him of the SW and the North.

So yes, the supports are very sectional and tribalistic from every region, tribe and religion, while you are willing to deny it openly even though you kniw it is true, I am not denying it or playing the ostrich game.

Was It a gang up against Yaradua when same senerio unfolded in gej's favour in 2009?
Can we say Yaradua too is from minority ethnic group during his own time?
Is this the first time that people will feel discontented with their leaders?

See we all know the truth, we may want to deny it and twist it for what ever reason but it is always open.

Funniest thing is that this your explanation is what many politicians gives for same type of incidence that happens within same state that speakes same language or practices same religion.

1 Like

Re: Father Mbaka Says Jonathan Is Surrounded By Corrupt Officials by rhymz(m): 6:34pm On Jan 03, 2015
Flye:

Was It a gang up against Yaradua when same senerio unfolded in gej's favour in 2009?
Can we say Yaradua too is from minority ethnic group during his own time?
Is this the first time that people will feel discontented with their leaders?

See we all know the truth, we may want to deny it and twist it for what ever reason but it is always open.

Funniest thing is that this your explanation is what many politicians gives for same type of incidence that happens within same state that speakes same language or practices same religion.
Like seriously, what are you on about here? You have lost me here. Can you be explain better?
Yaradua was a very sick man who literally was running Nigeria from his sick bed in an unknown hospital in Saudi Arabia even when he had a deputy whom according to law should handle the affairs of the country once the president was incapacitated for a given period of time which was exceeded. So what exactly is your argument? That demand by Nigerians for his whereabouts was done based on political manipulations or because people wanted to help Jonathan? I don't get your line of argument at all, can you please argue with some perspectives and just drop needless sentimental arguments that just overemphasizes nothing. Jonathan became president not because he was helped by any one or group, it was a constitutional requirement for him to step him and take over from his very sick boss who had gone vegetables. the intrigues that followed it is another argument all together, what I don't get is the attempt to make it look like he became acting President by mere wishes of people that felt pity for him, that's crap.
Re: Father Mbaka Says Jonathan Is Surrounded By Corrupt Officials by rhymz(m): 7:09pm On Jan 03, 2015
And let's be clear here, Nigerians have always had discontent with government, it does not matter who is president, once your first tenure elapses and common people do not feel direct perceptible effects of government on their life, they begin to worry. The problem ith our people is that we expect a welfarist kind of approach to government where the impact of government policies are felt directly on the pockets and lives of people even if it means chop I chop. Nigerians do not have regards for process and that is the truth, they want it done now now even if it is a ponzi scheme that they stand to gain.

I stand to be corrected, Nigeria started making real progress and slow movement to development only after we tried democracy again in 1999. It was like starting from the scratch to first uproot the nonsense of the military era, create policies that ensure the existence of strong democratic institutions. Re-orientation of our psyche and developing our economy again with sound economic policies that wont necessarily yield immediate result but lay foundation for succeeding government to work with. I know where the OBJ government performed and I know where they just did not do enough may be, because of prevailing political realities. To be fair , most of What the OBJ government did was foundational and did not yield much immediate results, even at that there were so many policy somersaults and misdirection that just had to be taken care off again by the present government but one sure thing is that, Nigeria is moving forward as a country to reckon with both in terms of economics and trades and as a place for serious investment and business choice.

As far as I am concerned, the Jonathan government might be slow in its results or even fight against corruption but it is sure on the right path to economic success and well planned direction. There are some things we jut don't play politics with and that is why the likes of Buhari who I know very well will be more of the same old rhetoric will be a million step backward. What the present government needs to do is to build up on its gains and take the issue of corruption more seriously by making sure institutions are empowered and independent. I lived through Buhari's regime, it was all drama, nepotism and little substance. His method is still the same selective fight against corruption, distract others from your own corruption by shouting about your opponents corruption. His WAI policy was a terrible nonsense that just chronicled his abuse of his human rights abuses. His policies were all geared towards intimidation and shutting up any opposition or dissenting views from himand his cronies little wonder there is very little history and records about his two year stint in government besides the one he wanted Nigerians to know. His very dumb economic policies was the genesis of the SAP IBB would later be forced forced to deal with. Pegging and controlling prices of goods and services in the free market, chasing other West African nationals and destroying Nigeria's relationships with other trading countries. Abeg that man should go and rest, he is JOKER! An underachiever that is overrated to fit some into some people's political grand plan of power and control. He is neither new or has changed, the same intellectually lazy major General who sat through all the supreme council meeting with his deputy presiding over them as if he were the head. We dont need dumbos that just feel some misplaced sense of entitlement to power and leadership, we want a visionary, Buhari has vgot no vision other than fill his Hausa-Fulani purpose of ruling Nigria, simple.
Re: Father Mbaka Says Jonathan Is Surrounded By Corrupt Officials by satysaca: 8:29pm On Jan 03, 2015
Re: Father Mbaka Says Jonathan Is Surrounded By Corrupt Officials by Vinsaint(m): 12:59am On Jan 05, 2015
Really am disapointed in PDP. But which party is to be trusted? Though i think Boko Haram is created to distract de government of GEJ because he looks weak in his government but de Northerens fail to understand that the evil they've implanted have come to stay and will not only depart if GEJ leaves office. Take a look at Irak, Libya, Egypt, Congo, Eritrea, Pakistain and host of other countries dat used evil ways to remove or disturb their government. Ejike Mbaka has a point and his massage made sense to me but did he think dat Buhari era of 80's will return back if Buhari wins the election? Imposible! I dont think so. Wat has Buhari for de nation? He has ruled as a minitry man . Wat change did he make comparing to his predicessors from 80's counting down to 70's.

How i wish Fashola would have contested. I would have casted my vote for him. He has vision. I dont trust GEJ neither do i trust Buhari. I wounder if it would ever be well again. Corruption have deeply rooted in Nigeria. Is a big SHAME!
I dont care about which tribe de next Presient is emanating from, be it major tribe or minor tribe let there be change. We can not continue dis way?

Every election period ' I Will Bring Stable Energy' where is energy or POWER. i'm typing and tears are rolling my my chick because of all dis corrupt ruler.

Infact, Let PDP GO FOR NOW! All ppl dat ruled under their umbrella fail us. Don't care weda is NNPC, SU, LC, TV, JVC, LG, R.S.V.P, party will take over the mantile. All we want is change for good! i DONT CAMPEIGN FOR NOBODY.

Let's be carefull for who we vote for. Dont vote because someone gave u a day meal. And dont vote for anyone dat has offered u a gift because he is contesting for election. Is a pure sign of corruption. We want someone dat has de provision for many more years.
No chop today, die 2morrow. It doesn't what it!
Re: Father Mbaka Says Jonathan Is Surrounded By Corrupt Officials by Nobody: 1:29am On Jan 05, 2015
donpeey22:
My dear, even after changing GEJ, I am sure you will still call for another change soonest. trust me. The messy situation Nigeria is struggling to get rid of today was created by the so many years of military rule witnessed by the country from 1966 till the coming of democracy.
From what I know about recent developments in the leadership of the country, GEJ's administration still stands tall compared to his predecessors in terms of developmental strides.
I know that due to the large population of the country and the various tribal and regional interests, it is very difficult for any President to completely transform the country in just 6 years. Not Buhari or whoever you think has the magic wand. GEJ is doing well and I believe that if after his tenure in 2019 his successor proceeds at the same pace, Nigeria will be much better in the shortest possible time.
See, i am not a politician neither am I benefiting anything personal from GEJ's government, but I stand for the truth anytime anyday due to my conviction that Nigeria can only develop when Nigerians begin to say the truth and shun politics of sectionalism which is what APC-the so called change agents, stand for.

Dodgy, lol
And no!!!

I prefer a change and a chance for another to try!!!
Re: Father Mbaka Says Jonathan Is Surrounded By Corrupt Officials by InvertedHammer: 4:58pm On Jan 06, 2015
------------GREAT SPEECHES OF ALL TIME by BLACKS--------------
===============================================================

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.: I Have A Dream

President Obama: Change (First Inaugural Speech post winning the Presidency)

Rev. Fr.Mbaka : Good Luck to Bad Luck

================================================================

Even the loquacious trio: Okupe, Abati and Reno Omokiri have no comeback. They have become too mesmerized to comment and respond.
Re: Father Mbaka Says Jonathan Is Surrounded By Corrupt Officials by Takim107(f): 11:08pm On Mar 08, 2015
What will happen if men of God just keep mute and Watch and pray. .They should stop increasing tension pls...WITH DUE RESPECT WATCH AND PRAY LESS YE BE TEMPTED. .people will misunderstand as usual.
Re: Father Mbaka Says Jonathan Is Surrounded By Corrupt Officials by gennylota: 5:26pm On Apr 08, 2015
all we need is a good leader

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Tinubu Rally: Adeleke Under Fire For Withdrawing Market Women’s Vehicles / Fayemi Picks Habibat Adubiaro, A Muslim Woman As Running Mate / Grand Finale Of Peter Obi's US Tour In NYC (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.