Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:59 AM

Father Mbaka Says Jonathan Is Surrounded By Corrupt Officials - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Father Mbaka Says Jonathan Is Surrounded By Corrupt Officials (38779 Views)

Attahiru Jega Disappointed Me, Says Jonathan / Photos Of Fayose Surrounded By Gun-Wielding Hunters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Father Mbaka Says Jonathan Is Surrounded By Corrupt Officials by kahal29: 5:33am On Jan 02, 2015
Renowned Enugu-based Catholic priest Rev. Father Camillus Ejike Mbaka yesterday reversed his support for President Goodluck Jonathan over his inability to stop corruption and loss of innocent lives.

He spoke while delivering a sermon tagged, “From Good luck to Bad luck,” during the end-of-year mass Wednesday night at the Adoration Ground, Emene, Enugu.

Rev. Father Mbaka, Founder of Adoration Ministry, Enugu said Jonathan has surrounded himself with very corrupt public officials. As a result, he said, the President has turned a blind eye to their corrupt activities while millions of Nigerians suffer daily in abject poverty and endless insecurity.

He said: “Jonathan has ruled for six years. We need change. NEPA is not working because of corruption. The privatization of public companies has not yielded any fruit because of corruption.

“Jonathan surrounded himself with very corrupt officers who advise him. Nigerians are sick and tired of wasting innocent lives without government doing enough to stop the destruction.”

He said he and millions of Nigerians were disappointed by the government’s failure to ensure the release of the Chibok girls kidnapped by the Boko Haram terrorists over 200 days ago.

“Up till now, nobody knows the whereabouts of the innocent Chibok girls kidnapped by Boko Haram and we say we have a government that cannot guarantee the welfare, safety and security of the citizens,” he told the congregation of over 30,000 worshippers.

The cleric said he resisted delivering the sermon which he said came from the Holy Ghost but that God warned him to ensure the message was given to the nation not minding whose ox was gored.

Fr. Mbaka recently anointed Mrs. Patience Jonathan as the next First Lady in 2015. The First Lady, and the Deputy Senate President Senator Ike Ekweremadu worshipped at the Adoration Ministry where the First Lady admitted that she experienced “a spiritual rebirth.”

Fr. Mbaka that day released some birds that he said would go and fight for Jonathan.

But on Wednesday night Fr. Mbaka said Jonathan was going nowhere as far as next year’s election was concerned, recalling that one of the birds – which he released during Mrs. Jonathan’s visit has refused to fly.

“All the other birds I released flew away but the healthiest of them which is Jonathan’s bird could not fly. I tried to make it fly but it could not fly,” he recalled to a hugely excited congregation that cheered him on.

When Jonathan was aspiring to become Nigeria’s President, Mbaka said he was happy like other Nigerians but that the bad luck which millions of the citizens had faced since he came into office was quite disturbing; hence the masses want a change.

“Nigerians are calling for change. We need a change,” he repeated. “We don’t want to move from bad luck to bad luck; Nigerians want to move from bad luck to good luck,” he said.

Fr. Mbaka criticised other priests who, he alleged, visited the Presidential Villa and other Government Houses in the country to hold “Breakfast Prayer” with the politicians only to collect fat envelopes of money rather than “tell the politicians the level of hardship the poor masses are suffering.”

He added: “The men of God only go there to dine and wine with the leaders for their own welfare without telling them the truth. But I’m happy that I, Fr. Mbaka, I’m not that type of priest. If you want money, I dash you money because the God I serve has blessed me abundantly.”

Commenting on the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) and former Head of State General Muhammadu Buhari, Fr. Mbaka, said Buhari cannot Islamise Nigeria as being rumoured in some circles.

He said he had never met the General but recalled that he fought corruption seriously as Head of State.

“I don’t know Buhari. I have never sat with him before. I am not being partisan, but I want total change in Nigeria.

“Buhari cannot make Nigeria an Islamic country because we are in democracy. It was IBB government that dragged Nigeria into OIC. When Buhari fought corruption, people became careful about their actions. Anyone who says Buhari will Islamise Nigeria is not being fair,” said Mbaka.

He added that he was not bothered whether the next President would be a Northerner or Yoruba or Igbo so long as the person fights corruption and means well for the citizens.

“If a northerner will rule the country and insecurity will stop, so be it. If a Yoruba man will rule Nigeria in 2015 and we have peace and stop the shedding of innocent blood, so be it. Nigerians are tired of wasting innocent lives,” he said.

The end-of-year Adoration mass was attended by some notable politicians from Enugu, Ebonyi and Anambra States.
www.dailytrust.com.ng/daily/top-stories/43495-father-mbaka-says-jonathan-courts-corrupt-officials

179 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Father Mbaka Says Jonathan Is Surrounded By Corrupt Officials by FastShipping: 5:39am On Jan 02, 2015
The Igbos that I know and met are upright, honest, and God fearing people like Father Mbaka. This type of man is very hard to find today. The man said nothing but the whole truth. May God bless him and witness Buhari becomes the next president.

332 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Father Mbaka Says Jonathan Is Surrounded By Corrupt Officials by DickDastardly(m): 5:44am On Jan 02, 2015
Father Mbaka you are on your own! cool
GEJ till 2019!

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Father Mbaka Says Jonathan Is Surrounded By Corrupt Officials by agarawu23(m): 5:48am On Jan 02, 2015
I really don't know why sm idiort keep saying Gej till 2019. If dats your prayer, may ur life be miserable as Nigeria is ryt now. (Amen)

Dear God, ppl call u and u answer sad pls take away GEJ and the thieves around him. This hard life too much and we need a new president.

God, just 1 apple took away abacha, take away Gej with any power you have in your hand.

GeJ is a failure ; even my 5yr old daughter knws dat.

222 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Father Mbaka Says Jonathan Is Surrounded By Corrupt Officials by kahal29: 6:00am On Jan 02, 2015
Front page pls...

4 Likes

Re: Father Mbaka Says Jonathan Is Surrounded By Corrupt Officials by Kingsley1000(m): 6:02am On Jan 02, 2015
I love fr Mbaka,he has been neutral in nigerian politics...our religious institutions should emulate this(often times,you see Gej/pita obi(infact all pdp folks) talking politics after church services,even dashing out huge amount of our money

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Father Mbaka Says Jonathan Is Surrounded By Corrupt Officials by kahal29: 6:04am On Jan 02, 2015
Thats the hard copy of the video Its already in circulation in the market. Bought mine yst, its a must watch.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Father Mbaka Says Jonathan Is Surrounded By Corrupt Officials by FastShipping: 6:05am On Jan 02, 2015
kahal29:
Thats the hard copy of the video Its already in circulation in the market. Bought mine yst, its a must watch.

Abeg upload it on youtube.

19 Likes

Re: Father Mbaka Says Jonathan Is Surrounded By Corrupt Officials by amakufrancis(m): 6:05am On Jan 02, 2015
corruption, Gej please do something about it now

1 Like

Re: Father Mbaka Says Jonathan Is Surrounded By Corrupt Officials by FastShipping: 6:06am On Jan 02, 2015
GEJ/PEJ government is unraveling in our eyes. grin grin

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Father Mbaka Says Jonathan Is Surrounded By Corrupt Officials by Roland17(m): 6:08am On Jan 02, 2015
Selfish, cheap analysis and shallow propaganda disemminated by GEJ, his corrupt cronies and apologists, continuously making ridiculous and spurious allegations about General Buhari, hoping to raise religious and ethnical sentiments against Buhari but it's been futile..

There is no safe haven for them, they can feel the heat

Nigerians are wiser now..

91 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Father Mbaka Says Jonathan Is Surrounded By Corrupt Officials by damoskiy(m): 6:20am On Jan 02, 2015
Pdp is in trouble
Apc...change....say no to jonathan...

71 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Father Mbaka Says Jonathan Is Surrounded By Corrupt Officials by Nobody: 6:28am On Jan 02, 2015
I doubt if it would make front page.

17 Likes

Re: Father Mbaka Says Jonathan Is Surrounded By Corrupt Officials by Nobody: 6:33am On Jan 02, 2015
Hmm... Eleyi gidi gan.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Father Mbaka Says Jonathan Is Surrounded By Corrupt Officials by kahal29: 6:34am On Jan 02, 2015
Front page pls!

6 Likes

Re: Father Mbaka Says Jonathan Is Surrounded By Corrupt Officials by kahal29: 6:35am On Jan 02, 2015
FastShipping:

Abeg upload it on youtube.

How wuld i be able to do that. Pls highlight the steps for me.

6 Likes

Re: Father Mbaka Says Jonathan Is Surrounded By Corrupt Officials by doctokwus: 6:42am On Jan 02, 2015
May fellow Ibos see d light as this Reverend father Mbaka has.
I just hope this his sermon can be verified and broadcast in all d nooks and crannies of Iboland.
I maintain that d gej presidency is d greatest scam ever played on d Igbo Nation.

77 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Father Mbaka Says Jonathan Is Surrounded By Corrupt Officials by kahal29: 6:46am On Jan 02, 2015
Thats the hard copy of the video of the said sermon. How do i upload it..

11 Likes

Re: Father Mbaka Says Jonathan Is Surrounded By Corrupt Officials by FastShipping: 6:47am On Jan 02, 2015
kahal29:

Go and register on youtube.com. There is instruction to follow there about how to upload videos on youtube. It is very easy once you register and sign in.

3 Likes

Re: Father Mbaka Says Jonathan Is Surrounded By Corrupt Officials by Chanchit: 6:50am On Jan 02, 2015
When people like this don dey spoil market for you, make u knw say Ur own don dey mayan.

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: Father Mbaka Says Jonathan Is Surrounded By Corrupt Officials by OAUTemitayo: 6:51am On Jan 02, 2015
Save it on your laptop and then upload it.
kahal29:

2 Likes

Re: Father Mbaka Says Jonathan Is Surrounded By Corrupt Officials by kahal29: 6:51am On Jan 02, 2015
FastShipping:

Go and register on youtube.com. There is instruction to follow there about how to upload videos on youtube. It is very easy once you register and sign in.

Thanks!

5 Likes

Re: Father Mbaka Says Jonathan Is Surrounded By Corrupt Officials by Daguccizgreat(m): 6:56am On Jan 02, 2015
FastShipping:
The Igbos that I know and met are upright, honest, and God fearing people like Father Mbaka. This type of man is very hard to find today. The man said nothing but the whole truth. May God bless him and witness Buhari becomes the next president.
Buhari will only cry again come 2015. No 2 ways abt it

13 Likes

Re: Father Mbaka Says Jonathan Is Surrounded By Corrupt Officials by FastShipping: 7:33am On Jan 02, 2015
Daguccizgreat:
[s]Buhari will only cry again come 2015. No 2 ways abt it[/s]

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Father Mbaka Says Jonathan Is Surrounded By Corrupt Officials by soma042(m): 7:35am On Jan 02, 2015
Is only a fool will believe his mouth when it concerns politics . It was the same mbaka who vowed to tear his vail and never to return to priesthood if the formal governor of Enugu state win a second term in office.
Is only a low life pays so much attention to the fake one

.........till 2019 GEJ

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Father Mbaka Says Jonathan Is Surrounded By Corrupt Officials by Flye: 7:41am On Jan 02, 2015
FastShipping:

It's good for all this men to say the truth otherwise Nigeria will continue to fall. My pastor also said the same thing yesterday.

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Father Mbaka Says Jonathan Is Surrounded By Corrupt Officials by gratiaeo(m): 7:44am On Jan 02, 2015
father Mbaka, we are supporting GEJ because there is no alternative

26 Likes

Re: Father Mbaka Says Jonathan Is Surrounded By Corrupt Officials by gratiaeo(m): 7:54am On Jan 02, 2015
DickDastardly:
Father Mbaka you are on your own! cool
GEJ till 2019!
Father is on a very long tin.
There are a lots he doesn't know about Nigeria politics. We Igbo are economically better with GEJ than other previous leaders, i know what we pass through during OBJ and Yaradua

14 Likes

Re: Father Mbaka Says Jonathan Is Surrounded By Corrupt Officials by Inkredible(m): 8:07am On Jan 02, 2015
Ummmmmmm!!!! Be careful wah u say about fr mbaka o!!!! On bank like dat in Enugu is in shambles becus of the proclamations fr made on dem.

Ask flavor nabania the musician how body dey am following fr mbakas remark on Shake ukwu track...... Flavour had to dedicate Keneya in his new album to fr mbaka and adoration ministry Enugu.

Enugu peeps u guys knows the rest!!!!!!

My best Rev fr so far.

Mbaka all the way

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Father Mbaka Says Jonathan Is Surrounded By Corrupt Officials by SaiBuharii: 8:07am On Jan 02, 2015
God has rejected Goodluck Ebele Jonathan...just as Saul was rejected. Rev. Mbaka is one of the few men of God left in the country that say the truth. This is a sign that even the Christian community has rejected Jonathan. This shows a sign of potential doom in Enugu for the elections...because when respected men of God come out to say things like this, you know wasup...trust me Mbaka has followers in the east...just as Adeboye has here.

It high time our pastors stop playing the safe game because of their pocket. They should take a stand.

God bless Mbaka for not covering Gods message with a bucket.

#GMB2015
#CHANGE

Mr. Progressive

47 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Malami: "I Deliberately Referred To Abacha Loot As "Abacha's Assets" / El-Rufai Playing With His Children: Siddique, Nasreen And Rabi'ah (Photos) / Nigerians React To Screening Of Ministerial Nominees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.