Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,802 members, 7,810,089 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:30 PM

Is It Advisable To Get Married With The Mentality Of I Can Change Him Or Her? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Advisable To Get Married With The Mentality Of I Can Change Him Or Her? (1680 Views)

I Just Realized That My Girlfriend Is Married With 2 Kids. / Am Almost 34, Not Yet Married With A Job Of 45k After Tithing And Feel Depressed / 10 Things Nigerian Girls Say Instead Of ‘ I Love You’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Advisable To Get Married With The Mentality Of I Can Change Him Or Her? by Chizzy20(f): 10:44am On Jan 02, 2015
Sum pple always think dat dey change d flaws of dier partner if dey eventually get married, for instance a guy who drinks nd smokes nd u as lady stil go on to marry him thinkin u can change him or myt change if u get married or a lady who is very untidy nd dont lyk doin tins around d house nd as a guy u think she wil change if u get married to her.
As for me i think its beta u sort out d issues b4 gettin married nd cum to a compromise cos i knw evr1 has dier own flaws, bt if afta tryin nd d person isnt willing to change or doesnt show any sign of change, i guess its beta to ve a rethink b4 proceedin wit d marriage. Narialander's wats ur view abt dis.
Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married With The Mentality Of I Can Change Him Or Her? by usernamez: 10:47am On Jan 02, 2015
The only thing that is constant is change!
But,before change can occur in a situation like this it has to do wit one's personal interest/motive. Changing because someone wants you to change is the hardest and mostly unreliable one cos no matter how you change, it's only a matter of time before you'll return to such attitude. Why? d change isn't from d heart but happene because of someone...

The best tin is to talk (Have a sincere word with) to d man/woman nd let's see if he really want d change or he/she is doing it for just marriage/wedding sake.

Remember "Broken relationship is far better than a broken marriage!"

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married With The Mentality Of I Can Change Him Or Her? by yorex2011: 10:47am On Jan 02, 2015
Its better to sort una self b4 marriage o... The gods have spoken
Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married With The Mentality Of I Can Change Him Or Her? by Nobody: 10:49am On Jan 02, 2015
A scorpion can never become an ant....
Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married With The Mentality Of I Can Change Him Or Her? by ronald4lif(m): 10:52am On Jan 02, 2015
People don't change because one wants them to, they change coz they really want to, and if you get married to someone they won't change coz of you. Better be ready to take them for who they are and if you can't take a walk

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married With The Mentality Of I Can Change Him Or Her? by naijaboiy: 11:28am On Jan 02, 2015
[size=20pt]No![/size]
Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married With The Mentality Of I Can Change Him Or Her? by Nobody: 11:31am On Jan 02, 2015
No.
Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married With The Mentality Of I Can Change Him Or Her? by harrysterol(m): 11:32am On Jan 02, 2015
[size=50pt]NO!![/size]
Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married With The Mentality Of I Can Change Him Or Her? by ChubbyT(f): 11:34am On Jan 02, 2015
Nt advisable
Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married With The Mentality Of I Can Change Him Or Her? by jaybee3(m): 11:36am On Jan 02, 2015
ChubbyT:
Nt advisable
Oh ma dayz

What's that big round well proportion thing on ya profile pic?
Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married With The Mentality Of I Can Change Him Or Her? by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jan 02, 2015
I believe change to be from d mind... and since u cannot force change out of a person without his/her permission, its wrong going on with that philosophy of "I"ll change him/her" cos it doesn't work for everybody.

I once had tis policy on ma ex-boyfriend who drinks like mad, but wen i realised i was on ma own wen i found out that d drinking competition runs in his family's blood as well. undecided sad.Mama dey drink, wetin u expect from pikin? Nobody told me before i found ma way out of d relationship wen he himself told me its only God's intervention that can change him o grin grin
Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married With The Mentality Of I Can Change Him Or Her? by ChubbyT(f): 3:20pm On Jan 02, 2015
jaybee3:

Oh ma dayz

What's that big round well proportion thing on ya profile pic?

ahon knw
Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married With The Mentality Of I Can Change Him Or Her? by jaybee3(m): 3:21pm On Jan 02, 2015
ChubbyT:

ahon knw
Pardon?
Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married With The Mentality Of I Can Change Him Or Her? by ChubbyT(f): 3:28pm On Jan 02, 2015
jaybee3:

Pardon?
dnt knw wah u saw.
Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married With The Mentality Of I Can Change Him Or Her? by jaybee3(m): 3:31pm On Jan 02, 2015
ChubbyT:

dnt knw wah u saw.
Your big round booty tongue tongue tongue

Allow me smack it just once tongue tongue tongue
Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married With The Mentality Of I Can Change Him Or Her? by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jan 02, 2015
Hoping to change a man is too much of a hassle
Sometimes, the people you hope to change end up changing you

If the change didn't happen now, it probably won't happen later
Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married With The Mentality Of I Can Change Him Or Her? by benuejosh: 5:43pm On Jan 03, 2015
now i know where i know this lady from. chizzy20. happy new year to you.. now to the post. if you cant change a person before you marry him or she then itz gon take divine visitation from God to do that work. chances of you changing your spouse when u both get married is SLim. it doesnt always work.
Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married With The Mentality Of I Can Change Him Or Her? by Ayo081(m): 4:32pm On Jan 05, 2015
Chizzy20:
As for me i think its beta u sort out d issues b4 gettin married nd cum to a compromise cos i knw evr1 has dier own flaws, bt if afta tryin nd d person isnt willing to change or doesnt show any sign of change, i guess its beta to ve a rethink b4 proceedin wit d marriage.
Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married With The Mentality Of I Can Change Him Or Her? by Ayo081(m): 4:35pm On Jan 05, 2015
Zeemoor:
Hoping to change a man is too much of a hassle
Sometimes, the people you hope to change end up changing you

If the change didn't happen now, it probably won't happen later
hmm!
Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married With The Mentality Of I Can Change Him Or Her? by pascenta(m): 9:26pm On Jan 05, 2015
chizzy I like u and I wud want us to have serious relationship wassap me on 08063689193
Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married With The Mentality Of I Can Change Him Or Her? by Nobody: 1:04am On Jan 06, 2015
Quite a title, this is.
Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married With The Mentality Of I Can Change Him Or Her? by computergenius(m): 1:29am On Jan 06, 2015
Let's learn from the professors.

Effect of Sex or Gender
Psychology tells us that the will of the male is stronger than that of the female.
That is one of the reasons men are born leaders and women tend towards followership.

It is easier for a man to change a woman than for a woman to change a man. The ego of the male is stronger than that of the female.

If a female goes into marriage thinking she can change her male partner's bad manners she would most lkely fail. But if the male goes into marriage determined to fix his wife's bad manners he would most likely succeed.

Effect of Success as represented by Education and Wealth
More educated people have more influence over less educated people. Wealthy people have more influence over poor people.

An educated husband will find it easier to change an illiterate wife than an illiterate husband trying to change an educated wife.

A wealthy husband will find it easier to change an unemployed poor wife than a poor unemployed husband trying to change a rich wife.

Effect of Physical Height
A larger or taller male is more likely to have a more domineering influence on a smaller or shorter female.

If your husband is taller or heavier than you his wife he can easily impose his will on you through physical intimidation and force you to change habits he does not like.

This technique is also used in the millitary and police leadership. In a millitary group with tall females you must put a male in charge that is taller or heavier than the females. Else they may kill him or disobey orders.

On the other hand,

A larger or taller female is more likely to have a more domineering influence on a smaller or shorter male. If your wife is taller or heavier than you her husband she can easily impose her will on you through physical intimidation and force you to change habits she does not like.

Checkout what some tall igbo women do to their shorter husbands. They beat, pulmerize, abuse, nag, harass, intimidate, embrass and confuse the shorter man until he gives in to their demands.

I know of an igbo woman who beats up her drunkard husband, rolls him into a coil, and sits on him until he promises never to drink beer at the beer parlour again in his life.

Effect of Temperament
Four Temperaments exists among humans which are: cholery, phlegmatic, sanguine and melancholy.

Cholercs are fighters.
Phlegmatics are peace makers.
Sanguines are friend makers.
Melancholies are loners.

If you marry a cholery you will not be able to change him or her. Rather the cholery will make you do what he or she wants most of the time.

If you marry a phlegmatic you can make them do what ever you want all the time.

If you marry a sanguine, your marriage will be full of breakups and makeups. They are forgetful and indisciplined and will continually do the wrong thing and come back weeping to you to appologise.

If you marry a melancholy and try to change him he will argue and argue and hate you and finally divorce you so that he can live the rest of his life alone away from you and do whatever he likes to do alone.

Nobody is perfect. Imperfection is an attribute of we mortals. Only God is perfect.

Back to the question:
Is it advisable to marry with the believe that I can change my spouse?

Yes if you are a tall richer male marrying a shorter poorer female.

No if you are a female marrying a taller richer male.

Yes if you are marrying a phlegmatic.
No if you are marrying a cholery.

Who will pay me for this marriage counselling and psychological consultancy?

Oya make una pay una consultancy fees. OP collect am for me and handover to me. Abi una no go pay?
Better soup na money cook am.

But, I don't mind if its cash or kind.
A kiss from the OP is enough for me.

For Psychological Analysis, Temperament Evaluation and Marriage counseling call 08179681524.
Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married With The Mentality Of I Can Change Him Or Her? by computergenius(m): 1:31am On Jan 06, 2015
Let's learn from the professors.

Effect of Sex or Gender
Psychology tells us that the will of the male is stronger than that of the female.
That is one of the reasons men are born leaders and women tend towards followership.

It is easier for a man to change a woman than for a woman to change a man. The ego of the male is stronger than that of the female.

If a female goes into marriage thinking she can change her male partner's bad manners she would most lkely fail. But if the male goes into marriage determined to fix his wife's bad manners he would most likely succeed.

Effect of Success as represented by Education and Wealth
More educated people have more influence over less educated people. Wealthy people have more influence over poor people.

An educated husband will find it easier to change an illiterate wife than an illiterate husband trying to change an educated wife.

A wealthy husband will find it easier to change an unemployed poor wife than a poor unemployed husband trying to change a rich wife.

Effect of Physical Height
A larger or taller male is more likely to have a more domineering influence on a smaller or shorter female.

If your husband is taller or heavier than you his wife he can easily impose his will on you through physical intimidation and force you to change habits he does not like.

This technique is also used in the millitary and police leadership. In a millitary group with tall females you must put a male in charge that is taller or heavier than the females. Else they may kill him or disobey orders.

On the other hand,

A larger or taller female is more likely to have a more domineering influence on a smaller or shorter male. If your wife is taller or heavier than you her husband she can easily impose her will on you through physical intimidation and force you to change habits she does not like.

Checkout what some tall igbo women do to their shorter husbands. They beat, pulmerize, abuse, nag, harass, intimidate, embrass and confuse the shorter man until he gives in to their demands.

I know of an igbo woman who beats up her drunkard husband, rolls him into a coil, and sits on him until he promises never to drink beer at the beer parlour again in his life.

Effect of Temperament
Four Temperaments exists among humans which are: cholery, phlegmatic, sanguine and melancholy.

Cholercs are fighters.
Phlegmatics are peace makers.
Sanguines are friend makers.
Melancholies are loners.

If you marry a cholery you will not be able to change him or her. Rather the cholery will make you do what he or she wants most of the time.

If you marry a phlegmatic you can make them do what ever you want all the time.

If you marry a sanguine, your marriage will be full of breakups and makeups. They are forgetful and indisciplined and will continually do the wrong thing and come back weeping to you to appologise.

If you marry a melancholy and try to change him he will argue and argue and hate you and finally divorce you so that he can live the rest of his life alone away from you and do whatever he likes to do alone.

Nobody is perfect. Imperfection is an attribute of we mortals. Only God is perfect.

Back to the question:
Is it advisable to marry with the believe that I can change my spouse?

Yes if you are a tall richer male marrying a shorter poorer female.

No if you are a female marrying a taller richer male.

Yes if you are marrying a phlegmatic.
No if you are marrying a cholery.

Who will pay me for this marriage counselling and psychological consultancy?

Oya make una pay una consultancy fees. OP collect am for me and handover to me. Abi una no go pay?
Better soup na money cook am.

But, I don't mind if its cash or kind.
A kiss from the OP is enough for me.

For Psychological Analysis, Temperament Evaluation and Marriage counseling call 08179681524.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married With The Mentality Of I Can Change Him Or Her? by Nobody: 5:17pm On Feb 21, 2015
its gonna be tough and take a long time..
Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married With The Mentality Of I Can Change Him Or Her? by Chizzy20(f): 5:24pm On Feb 21, 2015
Luedave:
its gonna be tough and take a long time..
u got a point dere.. seriously ve forgotten abt dis thread sef.

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married With The Mentality Of I Can Change Him Or Her? by Nobody: 7:17pm On Feb 21, 2015
THE QUESTION IS, 'DO PEOPLE CHANGE?'
Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married With The Mentality Of I Can Change Him Or Her? by Youngpo413: 7:40pm On Jul 06, 2015
A scorpion can never become an ant....
yea

(1) (Reply)

He Needs Your Help / My Family Friend I Told You His Wife Cheated On Him Just Died ! / I Helped A Latino Guy Downtown Yesterday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.