Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:16 AM

Top 10 Worst Degrees With Lowest Potential For Employment In Nigeria Today - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Top 10 Worst Degrees With Lowest Potential For Employment In Nigeria Today (55037 Views)

Ikpeazu Introduces Education For Employment In Abia / 20 Best Course With Best Employment In Nigeria / Bachelor’s Degrees With Lots Of Employment Options. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 10 Worst Degrees With Lowest Potential For Employment In Nigeria Today by kristein(m): 2:57pm On Jan 02, 2015
of recent...about a couple of days ago..I basically made a write up of the best top 10 courses and hot cake in nigeria as at today..

but I have finally,come up with another write up of the top 10 worst degrees with lowest potential for employment in nigeria as at today

certainly,there is no degree that guarantees one job in & by itself however given the current economic situation and the fast pace of economic and technological shift in the continent and nigeria in particular there are degrees you would be better off not investing your time and resources to acquire as opportunities affected in those areas are increasingly getting eroded...if however you have a degree in any of them and finding it tough to make career headway it's time to put on your thinking cap
1 General Arts;
this cover anything from art history to painting/sculpture in the western world and developed countries having a degree in the arts could fetch one decent job opportunities several years ago..after the depression however with many european economic still sttuggling to recover it's becoming increasingly tough to find opportunities for majors in such areas like archeology,painting/fine art,history et cetera.

the opportunities for these sort of degrees are shrinking and people with the academic credentials thinking to get themselves a job in related field would have to do a cot of innovative and pro active thinking.
career counsellors advise those who want to study such things as art,dance,and music to have a specific strategy...sometimes a way out could be getting a higher degree(such as masters).

2 Humanities and liberal Arts;
if you love sitting and thinking about the intricacies of life and expounding on theories of existence or analysing political theories and events there may not be enough opportunities to do that in real life with your philosophy or political science degree to earn good money..
Humanities and liberal Art degree courses like Anthropology,political science,philosophy and many more do not give the graduates who passes them specific in road into the employement market..unlike professional courses like engineering,and the business field having a degree in any of the humanities may not really point one to a specific career direction.

3 Education;
unless you are willing to take higher degrees and pursue teaching opportunities at higher levels of the education ladder having an education degree is hardly going to get you the best jobs.
the only ways a graduate degree holder in education will do better is either to go for higher qualification and try to break into higher level teaching or do a career switch entirely and go for higher qualification in a different field that has more career prospects.

4 Religious studies;
Given the way churches and self styled pastors are springing up in every nook and cranny it should appear that splurging money on a religious studies degree will present the holder with bright prospects...however nothing can be further from the truth..except you are willing to plunge in and open your own church down the street,becoming a quran clutching preacher et cetera...there are hardly any existing opportunities for you to explore if you have a religiouss studies degree and wish to exploit opportunities there in.

5 Mass communication;
In considering mass communication we had a struggle with choosing a few other courses ahead of mass communication but at the end the argument was too much against mass communication degree.
the increasing introduction of media technology is eating away at the former strongholds of mass communication graduates..reporters and journalist find the rug being gradually pulled of their feet as bloggers and writers who hitherto knew nothing about mass communication.

take over the business of news discovering and sharing newspaper and television are no longer holding the baton in exclusive control of the media business...for mass comm.majors who wish to find and pursue the right career day need to understand the change in mass media and communication tools and acquire the right skills.
other worst course are;
6 botany
7 social studies
8 english literature
9 zoology
10 forest and wildlife management(wonderwhat you wana do with these,mayb you will use the certificate for cutting of woods in the forest)

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Worst Degrees With Lowest Potential For Employment In Nigeria Today by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jan 02, 2015
Nonsense....my president studied zoology...

174 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 10 Worst Degrees With Lowest Potential For Employment In Nigeria Today by dkronicle(m): 3:17pm On Jan 02, 2015
Online sh|t for d thread.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 10 Worst Degrees With Lowest Potential For Employment In Nigeria Today by Pr0ton: 3:26pm On Jan 02, 2015
Animal Science nko
Re: Top 10 Worst Degrees With Lowest Potential For Employment In Nigeria Today by SirHouloo(m): 3:29pm On Jan 02, 2015
Maybe you don't know that the so-called ten worst courses make it better and earlier than the ten hot courses you wrote. As all that matters is zeal, concepts and connection.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Worst Degrees With Lowest Potential For Employment In Nigeria Today by Lordseyad(m): 4:09pm On Jan 02, 2015
Proudly Statistician--

Statistics- facts from figures

16 Likes

Re: Top 10 Worst Degrees With Lowest Potential For Employment In Nigeria Today by IKJ66(m): 4:19pm On Jan 02, 2015
► γφυ a a lier, 3,5,8 proves that !!!!

4 Likes

Re: Top 10 Worst Degrees With Lowest Potential For Employment In Nigeria Today by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jan 02, 2015
in 21st century you dont survive by what you studied you survive by what you know

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Top 10 Worst Degrees With Lowest Potential For Employment In Nigeria Today by Maquiptarepzy: 4:38pm On Jan 02, 2015
Abajosax007:
in 21st century you dont survive by what you studied you survive by what you know
kip giving itself false hope.

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Worst Degrees With Lowest Potential For Employment In Nigeria Today by Microtee(m): 4:46pm On Jan 02, 2015
Proudly microbiologist

10 Likes

Re: Top 10 Worst Degrees With Lowest Potential For Employment In Nigeria Today by Ezemarcel(m): 4:49pm On Jan 02, 2015
Agility studies
Re: Top 10 Worst Degrees With Lowest Potential For Employment In Nigeria Today by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jan 02, 2015
op....
u don forget to add Jumpology to your list...

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Worst Degrees With Lowest Potential For Employment In Nigeria Today by kristein(m): 4:56pm On Jan 02, 2015
faqman:

op....
u don forget to add Jumpology to your list...
is that a new department in your school?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Worst Degrees With Lowest Potential For Employment In Nigeria Today by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jan 02, 2015
kristein:

is that a new department in your school?

I mean courses related to sports....
Re: Top 10 Worst Degrees With Lowest Potential For Employment In Nigeria Today by gameboy727(m): 5:37pm On Jan 02, 2015
Outside Naija these are hot courses.
Re: Top 10 Worst Degrees With Lowest Potential For Employment In Nigeria Today by KillerBeauty(f): 5:41pm On Jan 02, 2015
Abajosax007:
True. Even if you studied shiiit science if you prove yourself worthy and you have what I need in my organization, you are hired

5 Likes

Re: Top 10 Worst Degrees With Lowest Potential For Employment In Nigeria Today by kristein(m): 5:52pm On Jan 02, 2015
faqman:

I mean courses related to sports....
that will be human kinetics..and i dont think is damn regrettable(am talking about courses with lowest potential of employment)

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Worst Degrees With Lowest Potential For Employment In Nigeria Today by kristen12(f): 5:52pm On Jan 02, 2015
You're saying trash and your list is baseless.

This nonsense thread isn't supposed to be on the frontpage cos it doesn't add any value to ones life and it might be discouraging to people.
Now I believe nairaland frontpage is a dumping ground

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Worst Degrees With Lowest Potential For Employment In Nigeria Today by Adesam09(m): 6:00pm On Jan 02, 2015
Quit smoking weed

11 Likes

Re: Top 10 Worst Degrees With Lowest Potential For Employment In Nigeria Today by Caveatemptor(m): 6:07pm On Jan 02, 2015
@OP,
Talk about what you know and stop misleading people.
This thread is not backed by any statistics or facts.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Worst Degrees With Lowest Potential For Employment In Nigeria Today by kristein(m): 6:14pm On Jan 02, 2015
kristen12:
You're saying trash and your list is baseless.

which one is your course in the aforemention?

3 Likes

Re: Top 10 Worst Degrees With Lowest Potential For Employment In Nigeria Today by Tolzeal(m): 6:30pm On Jan 02, 2015
Lordseyad:
Proudly Statistician--

Statistics- facts from figures

from what sch?

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Worst Degrees With Lowest Potential For Employment In Nigeria Today by trisha01(f): 6:30pm On Jan 02, 2015
COPY AND PASTE angry buh still i love ma course- mass comm

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Worst Degrees With Lowest Potential For Employment In Nigeria Today by ekeneidiagbor: 6:46pm On Jan 02, 2015
The list is baseless, not backed by statistical figures....

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Worst Degrees With Lowest Potential For Employment In Nigeria Today by dexpendable(m): 6:58pm On Jan 02, 2015
I agree with you concerning the list, and everything else you said pointing out the fact that you said those courses don't have a specfic career path... unlike the other "professional courses". And because of that, most of people who studied those courses end up working in "unexpected" organisations while the professional courses end up being stalked to a particular career path and then there's no job...

be as versatile as you can be.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Worst Degrees With Lowest Potential For Employment In Nigeria Today by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jan 02, 2015
KillerBeauty:

True. Even if you studied shiiit science if you prove yourself worthy and you have what I need in my organization, you are hired
i would love too bt i alsn have mine. Whats yours all about?
Re: Top 10 Worst Degrees With Lowest Potential For Employment In Nigeria Today by Aitee1: 7:22pm On Jan 02, 2015
Op it pays to be verse in all areas...if you don't have an idea of how useful forestry and wildlife is to our environment don't make a mockery of it...tree conservation has a greater part to play in everyday life. Just do some research. Those in the north can even testify to that fact first.

You are here making jest of those that read such course is it not Nigerian govt that careless about environment? Go to the western world and see how the white treasure their environs!

15 Likes

Re: Top 10 Worst Degrees With Lowest Potential For Employment In Nigeria Today by kristein(m): 7:29pm On Jan 02, 2015
Aitee1:
Op it pays to be verse in all areas...if you don't have an idea of how useful forestry and wildlife is to our environment don't make a mockery of it...tree conservation has a greater part to play in everyday life. Just do some research. Those in the north can even testify to that fact first.

You are here making jest of those that read such course is it not Nigerian govt that careless about environment? Go to the western world and see how the white treasure their environs!
really? but is that what your studying ma'm?
Re: Top 10 Worst Degrees With Lowest Potential For Employment In Nigeria Today by imsuboi(m): 7:33pm On Jan 02, 2015
undecided OP,

[size=30pt] This is NIGERIA! [/size]

You can study anything and work anywhere undecided

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 10 Worst Degrees With Lowest Potential For Employment In Nigeria Today by epospiky(m): 7:34pm On Jan 02, 2015
Wait...that's all. My course ain't there grin
Re: Top 10 Worst Degrees With Lowest Potential For Employment In Nigeria Today by Akposy(m): 7:34pm On Jan 02, 2015
Stop all dis rubbish post
Am a proud Botany student and i can proudly tell u dat without plant dere is no life!
We plant scientist improve lives by making research on various plants for medicinal and forensic usage.
All flesh is grass

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Bida Poly Lecturer Lecturing One Student Who Attended His Class (Photo) / Meet One Of The Tallest Students In Ghana - Picture / UNILAG Prof. Daramola Flogging Student Who Came Late To His Class Yesterday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.