Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,246 members, 7,815,360 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:14 AM

We Are Not With Buhari’s Original Copies Of Certificates — Army - Politics (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Are Not With Buhari’s Original Copies Of Certificates — Army (56197 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan Meets With Buhari (Photos) / Buhari's Original Certificate Submitted To Army Board - Gen. Akinrinade / Army Has Buhari’s Academic Records, But Not Original Copies Of His Certificates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Are Not With Buhari’s Original Copies Of Certificates — Army by CHM11: 11:44am On Jan 03, 2015
Bluepamex:

You can say that again .
Now I understand while Gej said he must strengthen the institutions to fight corruption
We all want change, positive change and I think demanding for Presidential candidates O'level results and other credentials by the INEC is part of the positive change we are talking about. Its just unfortunate that the first good thing INEC is doing is back firing at GMB.

1 Like

Re: We Are Not With Buhari’s Original Copies Of Certificates — Army by lamoskii(m): 11:54am On Jan 03, 2015
with or without certificate doesn't bother us what we need is g.m.b

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are Not With Buhari’s Original Copies Of Certificates — Army by omoakin111: 12:01pm On Jan 03, 2015
Revolution:

The fuss is that in 2003, 2007 and 2011 Buhari was not expected to win so it didn't matter whether he had certificates or not but this time Buhari is looking like he will win hence the panic and attempt to disqualify him by any means necessary. GEJ and/or his supporters are behind this.

The fuss is that APC asked for change and INEC has endorsed it. wink

8 Likes

Re: We Are Not With Buhari’s Original Copies Of Certificates — Army by goodgood2(m): 12:17pm On Jan 03, 2015
ademoladeji:
Hmmm! Drama!
So, INEC no ask for the certificates all these times he was losing elections?
Why the cry for it now? Are they afraid he's goin to win?
We're all watching...
#NigerianDecides2015
The thing is, this time, he and his party have made so much noise about change they intend to bring, corruption and deceit by the PDP. Now, PDP want Nigerians to know the truth, how corrupt and deceitful this holier-than-thou people are.

3 Likes

Re: We Are Not With Buhari’s Original Copies Of Certificates — Army by egbason: 12:21pm On Jan 03, 2015
Hmmm! Things are becoming delicately interesting. Nigerians need to thread with caution before politicians set the nation ablaze.

1 Like

Re: We Are Not With Buhari’s Original Copies Of Certificates — Army by angelo82: 12:22pm On Jan 03, 2015
It seems they know that he might win the election and the only thing is to find an excuse to be dropped by Inec.....Army source without a name is not accepted by me.......

otbliz:
He was the head of state once, a contestant thrice.
So na Wetin we 1 use certificate do?
2003 there was no fuss, same in 2007 and 2011.
Now what?
Re: We Are Not With Buhari’s Original Copies Of Certificates — Army by Fourwinds: 12:28pm On Jan 03, 2015
robinsoncrosoe:
u must be a fool.u want the military to be b.o.koharis errand boys.so make them carry photocopy de go INEC.
I don't think u are civil. how can u reply my post by being abusive. u just let out how matured u are...I can guess ur age
Re: We Are Not With Buhari’s Original Copies Of Certificates — Army by IGBOSON1: 12:31pm On Jan 03, 2015
goodgood2:
The thing is, this time, he and his party have made so much noise about change they intend to bring, corruption and deceit by the PDP. Now, PDP want Nigerians to know the truth, how corrupt and deceitful this holier-than-thou people are.

^^^Hehehehehe grin grin grin

They've been shouting change-change all over the place......like a freaking beggar desperate for coins; now INEC has taken up the challenge and started with their man, they're crying foul!!

They want change alright.....just don't start it with them! wink

2 Likes

Re: We Are Not With Buhari’s Original Copies Of Certificates — Army by omoakin111: 12:33pm On Jan 03, 2015
seges:
PDP supporters are just like their corrupt master and protector the clueless man from Otuoke.Please answer the following questions and stop grasping at straws to attack the people's General:
1)Since when is a faceless 'source' the basis for information.The faceless source could be Reno Omokri,Fani Kayode for all we know.
2)Buhari has run 3 times for the Presidency,why is it now when he is about to win the Presidential election, this certificate issue is coming up.
3)Stop labelling Buhari as a Boko-haram supporter there is no basis or evidence to accuse Buhari.It's more of an indictment on Goodluck Jonathan if he was for not doing anything about it.

Buhari has run for 3 times yes, but that was when CHANGE has not come to INEC, now CHANGE has come so we should all embrace it.

Buhari is Pro Boko Haram. Shekau says they dont want western Education and Buhari has failed to prove he has attained any form of western Education.

3 Likes

Re: We Are Not With Buhari’s Original Copies Of Certificates — Army by HirstMOG(m): 12:55pm On Jan 03, 2015
ademoladeji:
Hmmm! Drama!
So, INEC no ask for the certificates all these times he was losing elections?
Why the cry for it now? Are they afraid he's goin to win?
We're all watching...
#NigerianDecides2015

INEC never asked for GMB certificate, in fact INEC said is the political party that has the right to verify a candidate's certificate. This issue started when he was called a semi-ilitrate by the opposition, in other to redeem himself, he said the military has his certificate and now the military has to clarify if they actually have it. But my concern now is that, why is he telling Nigerians lies that his original certificate is with the military?

1 Like

Re: We Are Not With Buhari’s Original Copies Of Certificates — Army by obamartins(m): 1:04pm On Jan 03, 2015
CHM11:
I still don't understand why APC will give us buhari when they have a Raji Fashola (great Uniben), an oshiomole (Ruskin College, Oxford, United Kingdom), just found out that even the almighty Rochas Okorocha has just a diploma from the University of Jos!!!...see the people leading us!!!! And these same reetards will say Nigerian HND, BSc, MSc, and even Phd holders are unemployable. Yet we want development!!....I think its time we start looking deeper and asking questions of those we elect into office. Namadi Sambo!!!!..I dey come for you,...but in the main time!!!!!
I beg no call Oshiomole name here o, Oshiomhole’s credentials showed that though he claimed to have attended Iyamoh Primary School, Iyamoh, in the then Midwest state from 1957-1962, his claim is contrary to an investigation by the Edo State Ministry of Education which revealed that Iyamoh Primary School was founded in 1963, a year after the governor said he graduated from it. His name is said not to be in the Class Register nor among the graduated class of the Blessed Martins Secondary Modern School that he claimed to have graduated from in 1965. If he was born in 1953 and graduated from a secondary school in 1965, as declared under oath, could it be correct that he complete secondary school at the age of 12? So one can just wake up without O-Level and just start going to the University or and other tertiary institution? Oshiomhole cannot contest for any post after is tenure as governor, because his certificate scandal case is waiting for him. Ruskin College my ass. They all the same. Tinubu is Toronto, GMB can't find his.
Re: We Are Not With Buhari’s Original Copies Of Certificates — Army by Themandator: 1:42pm On Jan 03, 2015
abu12:
Let nigeria army denied it, not our source or what ever you call it. The nigeria army have PRO, they have head of pension, they have nigeria army record, let them verify and tell us. Not all this our source, our this. Buhari is just giving his opponent assignment and things to worry about and they are carrying it out

Buhari doesn't need the army authority to prove anything.... If a job is offered to you tomorrow would you ask your employer to meet your school for your certificate?

Are you not expected, as a mentally sane person, to have certificate with you?

2 Likes

Re: We Are Not With Buhari’s Original Copies Of Certificates — Army by Themandator: 1:43pm On Jan 03, 2015
abu12:
Let nigeria army denied it, not our source or what ever you call it. The nigeria army have PRO, they have head of pension, they have nigeria army record, let them verify and tell us. Not all this our source, our this. Buhari is just giving his opponent assignment and things to worry about and they are carrying it out

Buhari doesn't need the army authority to prove anything.... If a job is offered to you tomorrow would you ask your employer to meet your school for your certificate?

Are you not expected, as a mentally sane person, to have certificate your original with you?

1 Like

Re: We Are Not With Buhari’s Original Copies Of Certificates — Army by Themandator: 1:59pm On Jan 03, 2015
proffemi:

Smile.
We have many problems, but corruption is the one problem that undercuts ANY effort to solve other problems. Beyond fighting corruption, we need evidence that our president is able to headhunt great minds and give them the "space" to perform. OBJ was a better headhunter than GEJ. However, GEJ has not done shabbily in that regard either (I'm looking at you, Minister of Agriculture). Unfortunately, with corruption still enthroned, all their efforts have been akin to water into a bottomless pit. I believe GMB would also be a good headhunter. Combine that with my perception of him as a man with strength of character, I'm leaning in that direction (that's just me, mind you).

My problems with Buhari: I fear he could be sectional in his outlook. While I do not doubt his street smarts, I wonder about his ability to express himself. "Islamization" (whatever that means) is not one of my fears (would you bet that under GEJ, the entire north would not be lost to insurgents in 4 years?). Also, the North-South issue does not matter to me (when are we going to grow up as a people?!).

All the best as you make your choice bro!

Buhari will never be in a position to fight corruption even if elected, instead what would happen is that government under him would be fictionalized.

He would be a captive, just like Abacha, of some young Northern elements with king-size grudge against the liberalization, privatization and commercialization initiatives of his predecessors.

1 Like

Re: We Are Not With Buhari’s Original Copies Of Certificates — Army by Akabay(m): 2:25pm On Jan 03, 2015
DONMAYOR19:
waitin concern me, all i want is for this fulani man to present his certificate or else…. kirikiri prison fast fast. no time.
Bros l sent u PM, kindly reply me tnx sir
Re: We Are Not With Buhari’s Original Copies Of Certificates — Army by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jan 03, 2015
Stupid Northerner!!!
Re: We Are Not With Buhari’s Original Copies Of Certificates — Army by Themandator: 3:06pm On Jan 03, 2015
Montaque:
we have a bigger problem in Nigeria,that feeds and waters corruption. Its two fold,the issue of wrong governmental policy(cluelessness if u might) and the low level of civilisation(not education) among the citizenry.
The ordinary Nigerian engage in corrupt practices nd bribery when he feels that if he doesn't do that,he will not get wat he needs,because of the policy guiding that area which has failed to ensure that all persons are catered for.
Take for example,if u don't runz ur admission,Nysc,or job,u are not sure of them. This is because the government policy and how its being administered are faulty,then comes the uncivilized populace. Ever wonder why Nigerians in the UK are tax compliant? They know that they have freebies to enjoy therefrom,it has dividend if u pay.
Corruption is a problem no doubt,but its not the foundational issue,its rather a consequence.
GMB(FYI,am apolitical this year) fought corruption in the 80's,but he met the truth later on that without adequate govt policy and administration,the people will still be corrupt,because they can't survive under a government that does not guarantee its dividends.

Ask Buhari if he is going to get rid of quota system if he becomes the president.... There is no corruption that is worst than that.... A qualified person is denied access while another who is less qualified is granted access.....

Ask him if he is going to fight against this thing called federal character and allow only the best to occupy positions.

Nigerians condemn themselves to thinking about corruption in terms of mismanaged funds..... It goes beyond that.

If a man has to bribe his way to beat the quota system would he not recover the expended fund when he gets his way?
Re: We Are Not With Buhari’s Original Copies Of Certificates — Army by Montaque(m): 3:10pm On Jan 03, 2015
Themandator:

Ask Buhari if he is going to get rid of quota system if he becomes the president.... There is no corruption that is worst than that.... A qualified person is denied access while another who is less qualified is granted access.....

Ask him if he is going to fight against this thing called federal character and allow only the best to occupy positions.

Nigerians condemn themselves to thinking about corruption in terms of mismanaged funds..... It goes beyond that.

If a man has to bribe his way to beat the quota system would he not recover the expended fund when he gets his way?
my dear. I can't be hoodwinked by the hype about corruption. Because we have a bigger problem than that.

1 Like

Re: We Are Not With Buhari’s Original Copies Of Certificates — Army by proffemi: 3:52pm On Jan 03, 2015
razavi:
... That precedence already exists, both in the conduct of this fellow during his junta, and with successive governments. It has always proved cosmetic at best- and hollow on closer investigation.
You have written well, but you need to take a step back and consider the question: which of these two is likelier to fight corruption: GEJ or GMJ? You have made a case that no individual can single-handedly fight corruption. Perhaps. However, the changes you suggest must happen under the watch of someone, right? They are far likelier to happen under GMB. And this is not based on speculation: the records of both of them while in power are there to speak for them.

I was right here during GMB's regime and while you would find many people describing him as draconian, high-handed, cruel etc, you would rarely see anyone accusing him of corruption. You make allusions to GMB favoring his cronies while in power. I do not have enough data to speak to that, so will have to request for concrete examples from you.

Now, move over to our contemporary dispensation, and examine the imprecise description of the source of his operational and campaign funds, both present, and the former three attempts at election; his association with suspect characters: Tinubu-of the forged certificate and drug trafficking fame
You cannot clean the Augean stables without getting a little sh*t on your hands. GMB has no political machinery, that much we know. How else is he going to get into power without depending on existing structures, no matter how tainted? All we need is some sign that he is able to hold his own against the Tinubus when necessary, and I think there is some evidence of that. Incidentally, may I remind you that this is effectively a straight contest between GEJ and GMB? Which accusation made against GMB above is Jonathan not more guilty of? You give me Tinubu; I give you Kusamotu. You say GMB has given "imprecise description of the source of his operational campaign funds"? May I remind you that our Commander In Chief has flat-out refused to declare his assets? And this is the smallest example of (to use your language) imprecision on his part. For every allegation of corruption against Buhari, there are 10 against GEJ. For every allegation of illiteracy against Buhari, I can give you multiple examples of incompetence from our PhD president.

This is less about finding NO fault with Buhari (there are many). It's more about asking whether he is more competent that GEJ in the areas that matter the most. Show me a Nigerian that believes Buhari will do a worse job fighting corruption than Jonathan, and I will show you Pinocchio.
Re: We Are Not With Buhari’s Original Copies Of Certificates — Army by proffemi: 3:57pm On Jan 03, 2015
See my response to Razavi above.

NairalandOP:
You keep on mentioning corruption as if Buhari will be the Messiah against Corruption. How can someone who says Abacha never stole be considered the messiah? How can someone who wines and dines with corrupt leaders like Tinubu and Atiku be regarded as the saviour. How can someone whose party said they will not probe past corrupt officials be considered as the one who can fight corruption? Bros, you are a learned fellow. Don't allow yourself to be deceived.
Re: We Are Not With Buhari’s Original Copies Of Certificates — Army by proffemi: 4:04pm On Jan 03, 2015
Themandator:
Buhari will never be in a position to fight corruption even if elected, instead what would happen is that government under him would be fictionalized. He would be a captive, just like Abacha, of some young Northern elements with king-size grudge against the liberalization, privatization and commercialization initiatives of his predecessors.
Where is the evidence for this? Certainly not the public-domain records from his regime.

I admit, governing in a democratic dispensation is a totally different ball game from having absolute powers in a military junta. However, the first requirement for anyone to stand up to corruption (corruption does fight back...) is strength of character and courage. GEJ has neither, while Buhari has both in spades. Why then should I doubt that he would do a better job than GEJ? May I remind you, the way this race is shaped, GMB doesn't have to be the best Nigerian for the job; he only has to be better than Jonathan. Well, the Otueke don has set the bar so low that I can confidently say GMB will do better than him.
Re: We Are Not With Buhari’s Original Copies Of Certificates — Army by atlwireles: 4:05pm On Jan 03, 2015
proffemi:

You have written well, but you need to take a step back and consider the question: which of these two is likelier to fight corruption: GEJ or GMJ? You have made a case that no single individual can single-handedly fight corruption. Perhaps. However, the changes you suggest must happen under the watch of someone, right? It is far likelier to happen under GMB. And this is not based on speculation: the records of both of them while in power are there to speak for them.

I was right here during GMB's regime and while you would find many people describing him as draconian, high-handed, cruel etc, you would rarely see anyone accusing him of corruption. You make allusions to GMB favoring his cronies while in power. I do not have enough data to speak to that, so will have to request for concrete examples from you.

You cannot clean the Augean stables without getting a little sh*t on your hands. GMB has no political machinery, that much we know. How else is he going to get into power without depending on existing structures, no matter how tainted? All we need is some sign that he is able to hold his own against the Tinubus when necessary, and I think there is some evidence of that. Incidentally, may I remind you that this is effectively a straight contest between GEJ and GMB? Which accusation made against GMB above is Jonathan not more guilty of? You give me Tinubu; I give you Kusamotu. You say GMB has given "imprecise description of the source of his operational campaign funds"? May I remind you that our Commander In Chief has flat-out refused to declare his assets? And this is the smallest example of (to use your language) imprecision on his part. For every allegation of corruption against Buhari, there are 10 against GEJ. For every allegation of illiteracy against Buhari, I can give you multiple examples of incompetence from our PhD president.

This is less about finding NO fault with Buhari (there are many). It's more about asking whether he is more competent that GEJ in the areas that matter the most. Show me a Nigerian that believes Buhari will do a worse job fighting corruption than Jonathan, and I will show you Pinocchio.

Are you the same Prof Femi, working as a lecturer in one of our higher institutions? If you are the same person, then God save this country.
Re: We Are Not With Buhari’s Original Copies Of Certificates — Army by proffemi: 4:08pm On Jan 03, 2015
atlwireles:
Are you the same Prof Femi, working as a lecturer in one of our higher institutions? If you are the same person, then God save this country.

Yes, I am. And if you "know" me, then you know I value logic and avoid sentiments.
Don't just inform us of your despair; educate us on its cause.
Re: We Are Not With Buhari’s Original Copies Of Certificates — Army by atlwireles: 4:12pm On Jan 03, 2015
proffemi:

Yes, I am. And if you "know" me, then you know I value logic and avoid sentiments.
Don't just inform us of your despair; educate us on its cause.

Your comments on this subject matter are enough for any parent to despair.
Re: We Are Not With Buhari’s Original Copies Of Certificates — Army by proffemi: 4:14pm On Jan 03, 2015
atlwireles:
Your comments on this subject matter are enough for any parent to despair.
Come, atlwireless, no need to be coy. What exactly about my comments do you take umbrage at?
Re: We Are Not With Buhari’s Original Copies Of Certificates — Army by ShowYourCertificate: 4:26pm On Jan 03, 2015
proffemi:
See my response to Razavi above.

You did not address my concerns at all. OKay, let us do this one after the other. Let's just start with my first concern:

Why did Buhari assert that Abacha never stole?
Re: We Are Not With Buhari’s Original Copies Of Certificates — Army by fx45(m): 4:29pm On Jan 03, 2015
naijadeyhia:

nne aman ihe mna ko. I used ibo and not igbo because I chose d central spelling. as onye umuahia abia state ikem no na vote mu site nike chineke agam eme otu odim nobu ya bu GMB ga bu onyisi na nke ezi nulom na 2015 na-ike Jesus
Central what Is that a joke? Another impostor on the loose! 'My papa talk say I be Ibo'..... We know Ur type. When last did U step foot on the said Umuahia?
Re: We Are Not With Buhari’s Original Copies Of Certificates — Army by proffemi: 4:35pm On Jan 03, 2015
NairalandOP:
You did not address my concerns at all. OKay, let us do this one after the other. Let's just start with my first concern:Why did Buhari assert that Abacha never stole?
That's an odd question to ask me. I have never even seen GMB in person, so you should understand when I say I cannot answer that question.

I think rather than trying to create a list of all the indiscretions of either candidate, we might be better served to ask the more germane question of which is a better choice. To do this logically,we have to identify the necessary attributes to be a good Nigerian president, and then try to determine (via evidence) which of them performs better per each metric.
Re: We Are Not With Buhari’s Original Copies Of Certificates — Army by ShowYourCertificate: 4:45pm On Jan 03, 2015
proffemi:

That's an odd question to ask me. I have never even seen GMB in person, so you should nderstand when I say I cannot answer that question.
I can see you cannot answer my question concerning Buhari's statement that Abacha never stole our money.

So let's move to another question: Why did Oyegun, the APC National Chairman, say that Buhari will not probe past officials? Are they saying that all past govt officials who have milked us dry will be allowed to go scot free?

You ask who's the better choice between GEJ and GMB? The answer is simple: GEJ. If it were Fashola or Oshiomhole or Okorocha or Kwakwanso, my answer might be different. But since the best APC could present is an old clueless dictator whose academic credibility is being questioned at the moment, then I have no choice than to stick with Jonathan.
Re: We Are Not With Buhari’s Original Copies Of Certificates — Army by sam13(m): 4:49pm On Jan 03, 2015
omoakin111:

The fuss is that APC asked for change and INEC has endorsed it. wink

Inec endorsed the change under jonathan's pdp?HELL NO yeye dey smell

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Chief-Of-Army-Staff, Buratai In Early Morning Jogging Exercise With Soldiers / Woman And Her Team Stoned While Campaigning For APC In Benin, Edo. Photos / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Gets New IMF Appointment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.