Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,796 members, 7,817,297 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:47 AM

5 Major Disadvantages Of Android - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android (50733 Views)

Tech: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android Phones / 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android Phone / Android Phone Major Disadvantages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jan 03, 2015
Isiterere:

Maybe it's high time you throw-way your curve 4 and buy any of blackberry OS10 device.

ALL IZZ WELL

lol....you just open ur mouth and close it...it's New Year
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by mrbillz(m): 8:02pm On Jan 03, 2015
My Samsung Galaxy Note 2 doesn't act the aforementioned... Please lay hands on good Driod phones and not craps. Stop saying what you don't know. undecided
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by Isiterere(m): 8:02pm On Jan 03, 2015
tongue tongue grin grin grin
Ipledge:
lol....you just open ur mouth and close it...it's New Year
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by eoadeniji(m): 8:03pm On Jan 03, 2015
Ipledge:
If you say android they hang,what will u say. Abt blac berry
lol, bb na hanger...
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by bosun11(m): 8:04pm On Jan 03, 2015
ritababe:
Buy android with 2gig ram and come back and tell me if the phone hang.

try gionee m2 and come back tell me which battery is better than m2

I flez with glo bis 3gig for 1k am ok with it

Your phone overheat becus u on unnecessay apps switch them off and come back and testify.

Depend on the kind of apps u download.....

Try android that will give you value for your money then come back and testify,

not cheap androids for game only

is that what u use??
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by timilehin007(m): 8:04pm On Jan 03, 2015
copy cat...all these gibberish you posted never happen to me sincerely...when are you ever gonna drop that ur out-fashioned BB..i was once like you, i condemned BB alot until i was convinced by a friend to try android...i swear i never for once regretted dumping BB....
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by simdam500(m): 8:04pm On Jan 03, 2015
Ipledge: If you say android they hang,what will u say. Abt blac berry
please always state d type of blackberry. Cos my own OS 10 BB never hangs!
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by vosquare: 8:05pm On Jan 03, 2015
ritababe:

Your phone overheat becus u on unnecessay apps switch them off and come back and testify.

This settles all
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by lilmax(m): 8:07pm On Jan 03, 2015
OCTAVO:
Lolzzzzzzz, go and buy high end Samsung phones. Don't Base your conclusion on all these China Android phones.
no long yarning
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by bosun11(m): 8:07pm On Jan 03, 2015
abbey621:
When would these kids stop posting rubbish on Nairaland. I have two android phones, the smallest is the Galaxy Note 4 and it does not hang at all, in fact it is so fast I can run 3 applications at a time without rooting. My samsung galaxy Note 4 never heats up, even after using it for 24 hours straight, in fact if I put my phone on power savings mode I can use it for 3 days and still have 30% battery life. Finally do you know what I love most about Android? Flexibility: The ability to tweak my phone as I pleased, I'm able to root my phone, do clockspeed and turn it into a well oiled machine, I use my phone to control everything from my Samsung TV to My Car, so the next time you decide to post rubbish, take time and do proper research, you'll be amazed at just how powerful an Android phone can be......

SGN4 !!! Thats a very good phone.Thumbs up
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jan 03, 2015
ritababe:

Believe me, if we are to see one on one and argue this out, I will so finish you, I will become the new God you worship on Sundays. Cos I will bring out a note 4 and an iphone 6+ so it won't be based on the mouth but the eyes. I will show you all I said on the note 4 and we would carry out the exert same process on the iPhone and see the results. If you will, you will keep either of the note 4 or the iPhone. If I win, u owe me nothing
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by louie3(m): 8:08pm On Jan 03, 2015
runzlord:

Nah. Im not like that. S4, s5, grand prime, note 3, ive used them all.
I belive u use a high end phone
1. U want to tell me there is no time you made a selection in ur pjone and it tooks seconds before it responded? The more files and apps u have, the more seconds till ur phone begins to freeze

2. Its not my idea. Its fact. If you play the same game on iPhone on android. If iphone goes down by 5%, android would go down by 15%.

3. I onced used just 40 mb on an ipad, mtn 3G for 2 days. We all know thats impossible on android, and someone above said its because android offers better browsers abi internet experience? Now is there such thing as that? No. That is to show the level of ignorance im dealing with here. You tell me which browser on android is better than safari on ios? I dont come on nairaland to say what I like, ive never said what I like. I say what I experience.

4. Ever f.uking android phone ive held over heat after few minutes of use, it takes hours for an iphone to over heat.

5. Haba. To be a programer for apple and have your on the app store, you will have to pay a fee of $99. But android is completely free. Now with common sense which would have more crap in it store?

I had to re explain everything to u cos I believe youre a more experienced and reasonable person.
And im not in support of iphones. They also have where they failed. If it was 5 major disadvantages of iphone or wp I posted. Im sure nobody would open their useless mouth like this.
u dey talk rubbish.dats all
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by geniusbami(m): 8:09pm On Jan 03, 2015
Galadimabawa:
which way out now
The way out is a matter of the level of Android U're using and how well U control the data consumption by your Android. See this www.nairaland.com/2073690/how-control-devices-data-consumption
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by lilmax(m): 8:09pm On Jan 03, 2015
elantraceey:
Data is my major disadvantage .
simple
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by Rawani: 8:10pm On Jan 03, 2015
iOS or nothing.

1 Like

Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by Euckybaby(f): 8:11pm On Jan 03, 2015
Well said but that's none of my business.. #TEAMILOVEMYTECNO#
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by keandre: 8:12pm On Jan 03, 2015
advantages surpassess the dzadvantagez
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jan 03, 2015
louie3:
u dey talk rubbish.dats all
Haha frustrated nigga
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by Galadimabawa: 8:14pm On Jan 03, 2015
geniusbami:

The way out is a matter of the level of Android U're using and how well U control the data consumption by your Android. See this www.nairaland.com/2073690/how-control-devices-data-consumption
ok
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by martineverest(m): 8:14pm On Jan 03, 2015
Dats y microsoft keeps pumping out windows phone with 512 mb dats are more powerful dan android 1gb ram......its because of all this disadvantages dat make android oem to increase d specs of their phones,,,,,iphone 4,lumia 530,520,630 and 535 re 512 mb ram and they run better dan android of 1gb
aze:

Also Applicable to IOS and WP

Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by Dyoungstar: 8:14pm On Jan 03, 2015
runzlord:
Nothing in the Universe is perfect, noting like
MR Perfect, that is why i posted this article. Do you know many people love android at the same time so many people don't even think
about Android because of its major Disadvantages. Today I am going to
share with you some of the most
annoying Disadvantages of Android.

"I love Android" this is the slogan for many android users. But the other party says, Android is crap, Read the whole article to know why Android Sucks

1. Hangs a lot
Android is good at lagging and
continuously hanging your phone,
whatever you do it annoys a lot.
Whether you are playing games or you are browsing your gallery
or you are surfing internet, its hangs a lot.

2. Drain battery
Another disadvantages of Android is its drain battery very fast. You play games for 5 minutes and your battery meter drop from 98 to 82. This is how android sucks and eat up your battery as soon as you touch your phone.

3. It drains data
No other os uses data like android devices, just to open a few apps and browse a few pages, data count would already had exceeded your budget.

4. Over heats
This is serious problem for me, Android heats cell phone often. However if you have a good cover on your cellphone you may feel less heat, but if without cover just put your cellphone on your cheek you will find what I mean.

5. Box of Malware Google play store
I agree that Google play has some nice applications sorry many nice
applications but somehow spammers, hackers are ahead of putting malware in
Google play store. If you download 10 Applications a day, 6 will be substandard or malware, so be careful.

These are some of the Drawbacks of Android. this article is helps you to find more about Android and not discriminate it. Thanks.
@karo_runzlord

http://www.drawbacksof.com/disadvantages-of-android-5-major-drawbacks/

My guy everything you just said here are all lies, nothing but a truthful lie.
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jan 03, 2015
keandre:
advantages surpassess the dzadvantagez
Exactly! But the disadvantages are there.
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by abatically(m): 8:15pm On Jan 03, 2015
runzlord:

Are u for real? Maybe u are talking about low and mid range android devices, or u probably think tecno is the pinnacle of android devices. Let's put it this way, get a high end android device like HTC one against the highest grade Blacberry and tell me which one lags or hangs more? I use an LG G3 and HTC one and I have never had to do a battery pull (my HTC one doesn't even have a removable battery and it has never hanged on me). I can't count the number of times people that use Blackberry around me have to pull their battery due to hanging.

runzlord:

2. Drain battery
Another disadvantages of Android is its drain battery very fast. You play games for 5 minutes and your battery meter drop from 98 to 82. This is how android sucks and eat up your battery as soon as you touch your phone.

Again wrong information. Android phones come with high end processor like snapdragon 801 and ultra HD display. To compensate for that they have to include bigger batteries. My LG G3 has a QHD display (higher than 1080p) and a 3,000mah battery. The battery lasts me a day with moderate use. But tell me which phone would have a snapdragon 801 and QHD display that won't drain battery? Blackberry and Iphone users are known to be wall huggers. In fact android have been using 1080p display since 2013 while blackberry are just starting to make phones with 1080p screen.. android on the other hand are already moving to QHD. Motorolla moto droind turbo, Sony xperia z3, HTC one M8, Samsung galaxy note 4, one plus one, all have better batteries and screens than any blackberry and Iphone.

runzlord:

3. It drains data

This is the only place where blackberry outshines android and that is simply because data on Blackberry devices are compressed. But don't be deceived, data usage on blackberry 10 devices are almost the same on android devices. Also the same data u will use on android is the same u will use on iphone and windows phone provided u have the same applications on both phones.

runzlord:

4. Over heats
This is serious problem for me, Android heats cell phone often. However if you have a good cover on your cellphone you may feel less heat, but if without cover just put your cellphone on your cheek you will find what I mean.

It is very normal for a processor to heat up while it is being used to its limit.. there's nothing strange about that. But I don't blame u, since u use blackberry and u don't have HD games like asphalt 8, NOVA etc u can't know. Blackberries don't have the power to play those games , trust me if u manage to put it in one it won't only heat up but it would explode. Iphones and windows phones also heat up while playing HD games or using processor demanding applications. Even a PS4 and Xbox one heat up while playing games.

1 Like

Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by martineverest(m): 8:17pm On Jan 03, 2015
Dats y microsoft keeps pumping out windows phone with 512 mb dats are more powerful dan android 1gb ram......its because of all this disadvantages dat make android oem to increase d specs of their phones,,,,,iphone 4,lumia 530,520,630 and 535 re 512 mb ram and they run better dan android of 1gb[quote author=aze post=29456631][/quote]
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by keandre: 8:18pm On Jan 03, 2015
runzlord:

Exactly! But the disadvantages are there.

yea
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by abatically(m): 8:18pm On Jan 03, 2015
runzlord:

1. Hangs a lot

Are u for real? Maybe u are talking about low and mid range android devices, or u probably think tecno is the pinnacle of android devices. Let's put it this way, get a high end android device like HTC one against the highest grade Blacberry and tell me which one lags or hangs more? I use an LG G3 and HTC one and I have never had to do a battery pull (my HTC one doesn't even have a removable battery and it has never hanged on me). I can't count the number of times people that use Blackberry around me have to pull their battery due to hanging.

runzlord:

2. Drain battery

Again wrong information. Android phones come with high end processor like snapdragon 801 and ultra HD display. To compensate for that they have to include bigger batteries. My LG G3 has a QHD display (higher than 1080p) and a 3,000mah battery. The battery lasts me a day with moderate use. But tell me which phone would have a snapdragon 801 and QHD display that won't drain battery? Blackberry and Iphone users are known to be wall huggers. In fact android have been using 1080p display since 2013 while blackberry are just starting to make phones with 1080p screen.. android on the other hand are already moving to QHD. Motorolla moto droind turbo, Sony xperia z3, HTC one M8, Samsung galaxy note 4, one plus one, all have better batteries and screens than any blackberry and Iphone.

runzlord:

3. It drains data

This is the only place where blackberry outshines android and that is simply because data on Blackberry devices are compressed. But don't be deceived, data usage on blackberry 10 devices are almost the same on android devices. Also the same data u will use on android is the same u will use on iphone and windows phone provided u have the same applications on both phones.

runzlord:

4. Over heats

It is very normal for a processor to heat up while it is being used to its limit.. there's nothing strange about that. But I don't blame u, since u use blackberry and u don't have HD games like asphalt 8, NOVA etc u can't know. Blackberries don't have the power to play those games , trust me if u manage to put it in one it won't only heat up but it would explode. Iphones and windows phones also heat up while playing HD games or using processor demanding applications. Even a PS4 and Xbox one heat up while playing games.
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jan 03, 2015
martineverest:
Dats y microsoft keeps pumping out windows phone with 512 mb dats are more powerful dan android 1gb ram......its because of all this disadvantages dat make android oem to increase d specs of their phones,,,,,iphone 4,lumia 530,520,630 and 535 re 512 mb ram and they run better dan android of 1gb
Thanks bro. The olodos would always be more than the intelligent ones in a class. But the olodos dont know. They think every orther persons know book, its the intelligent ones that knows. So as we are few and the ignorant ones don't know what they are saying. I know they would be more than us but I did not expect them to be this much

1 Like

Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by Baddestguyp(m): 8:21pm On Jan 03, 2015
runzlord:
Nothing in the Universe is perfect, noting like
MR Perfect, that is why i posted this article. Do you know many people love android at the same time so many people don't even think
about Android because of its major Disadvantages. Today I am going to
share with you some of the most
annoying Disadvantages of Android.

"I love Android" this is the slogan for many android users. But the other party says, Android is crap, Read the whole article to know why Android Sucks

1. Hangs a lot
Android is good at lagging and
continuously hanging your phone,
whatever you do it annoys a lot.
Whether you are playing games or you are browsing your gallery
or you are surfing internet, its hangs a lot.

2. Drain battery

3. It drains data
No other os uses data like android devices, just to open a few apps and browse a few pages, data count would already had exceeded your budget.

4. Over heats

5. Box of Malware Google play store
I agree that Google play has some nice applications sorry many nice
applications but somehow spammers, hackers are ahead of putting malware in
Google play store. If you download 10 Applications a day, 6 will be substandard or malware, so be careful.

These are some of the Drawbacks of Android. this article is helps you to find more about Android and not discriminate it. Thanks.
@karo_runzlord

http://www.drawbacksof.com/disadvantages-of-android-5-major-drawbacks/
op stop hating, ur argument is based on low end android phones.

1) get a phone with 2-3gb ram, it won't hang.

2) there are many android phones out there with good battery, u can play games for hours. only online games suck battery, same with ios

3) there are many ways to limit data consumption

4) I only experienced this once, I know what I did that caused this, and no phone wouldn't overheat in that condition

5) true, but its cos it allows app developers easily get their apps on playstore.
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by GodMode: 8:22pm On Jan 03, 2015
runzlord:

Nah. Im not like that. S4, s5, grand prime, note 3, ive used them all.
I belive u use a high end phone
1. U want to tell me there is no time you made a selection in ur pjone and it tooks seconds before it responded? The more files and apps u have, the more seconds till ur phone begins to freeze

2. Its not my idea. Its fact. If you play the same game on iPhone on android. If iphone goes down by 5%, android would go down by 15%.

3. I onced used just 40 mb on an ipad, mtn 3G for 2 days. We all know thats impossible on android, and someone above said its because android offers better browsers abi internet experience? Now is there such thing as that? No. That is to show the level of ignorance im dealing with here. You tell me which browser on android is better than safari on ios? I dont come on nairaland to say what I like, ive never said what I like. I say what I experience.

4. Ever f.uking android phone ive held over heat after few minutes of use, it takes hours for an iphone to over heat.

5. Haba. To be a programer for apple and have your on the app store, you will have to pay a fee of $99. But android is completely free. Now with common sense which would have more crap in it store?

I had to re explain everything to u cos I believe youre a more experienced and reasonable person.
And im not in support of iphones. They also have where they failed. If it was 5 major disadvantages of iphone or wp I posted. Im sure nobody would open their useless mouth like this.

The latest Android phones have features that will make iphone inferior.

The speed on a phone depends on its RAM.

Most android games requires the use of internet which contributes to the power drainage.

All phones get hot based on the amount of apps that are running
To register on play store costs $25..
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by Sibrah: 8:22pm On Jan 03, 2015
Most of the disadvantages highlighted here like Battery drainage and hanging are traceable to substandard hardware from phone manufacturers. Even brands like BB who have control over hardware and OS have most of the issues highlighted here. My main issue with android is the data usage and lack of good data plans, I think a new plan that gives android users an opportunity to update apps and download documents would kill BB totally, example would be a midnight plan that allows users to use time based plan, say, 15 hour and 500-1000 MB data cap for N500 only.
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by simdam500(m): 8:23pm On Jan 03, 2015
Op go get yourself an os10. And let me here word
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by Religiondb(m): 8:24pm On Jan 03, 2015
I use a Fantom A2 techno phone and most of the things d op said is false. À2 have a very good battery compare to my BB tourch. the only point I may agree to is that it consumes data

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Lady Loses Her iPhone11 Pro Max: "Computer Village Is The Devil’s Workshop" / NTEL Begins With Free Unlimited Data For 3 Months / Is Your Home Screen Better Than Mine?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.