Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,950 members, 7,817,789 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:45 PM

5 Major Disadvantages Of Android - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android (50750 Views)

Tech: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android Phones / 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android Phone / Android Phone Major Disadvantages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by ritababe(f): 9:50pm On Jan 03, 2015
boltemi:
@ ritababe

Pls how do I subscribe with glo bis on my android phone

check tecno H6 thread from page 152 to 163 i think u will see the post there
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by killzone(m): 9:51pm On Jan 03, 2015
12inches1:

i was just abt to mention this but u beat me to it. i use 2013 lumia 620 with 512mb ram. It worka really well with very minute almost negligible lag times. Then i picked up my gf's infinix with octa core processor and 2gb ram running on kit kat and when it lags more than or almost the same as my windows phone 8.1 lumia 620 im like WTF. This thing has times 4 my lumia 620 ram. It shouldnt lag at all. Same for my dad's galaxy S4. Now imagine how a 2gb lumia will be. It will simply be heaven. An android with 512mb running kit kat would lag so much it willl almost be unusable.
mehn am liking this guy my brothers lumia 520 rarely hangs and he has asphalt 8,gt racing 2,real steel,six guns and its just 512MB RAM even with windows 8.1 compared to the S4 played real racing on the S4 the thing hanged when I wanted to quit the game imagine smh

1 Like

Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by nekaa(f): 9:52pm On Jan 03, 2015
hilaomo:
eyah...wat if I offer to get u a split A/C,hope DAT would do d trick?
What if I say no?.....
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by UncleSnr(m): 9:55pm On Jan 03, 2015
runzlord:
believe me IOS, does not have all of that, and wp does nt hang at all!
The worst OS/Phone ever is Windows Phone/Lumia. I used it, ended up being clueless.
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by ritababe(f): 9:56pm On Jan 03, 2015
boltemi:
@ ritababe

Pls how do I subscribe with glo bis on my android phone

https://www.nairaland.com/1966757/how-use-glo-bis-non
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by xtervaganza(m): 9:57pm On Jan 03, 2015
nekaa:
over heating.. that's my only issue
iphones overheat too. I sell iphones and I've used 5 and 5s b4
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by ritababe(f): 9:57pm On Jan 03, 2015
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by xtervaganza(m): 9:59pm On Jan 03, 2015
elantraceey:
Data is my major disadvantage .
iphone gulps data too

Facebook android app is just 20+ mb while ios Facebook app is around 50+ mb

And browsing on both os uses almost the same data
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jan 03, 2015
From the you table these complain...I gez u are a noob.
Go and learn android customization.
From there, you can move on to rooting.
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by louie3(m): 10:01pm On Jan 03, 2015
runzlord:

Haha frustrated nigga
not as fustrated lyk ur fata abi
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by killzone(m): 10:03pm On Jan 03, 2015
guyX:

Many are mad, few are roaming.
you have a ram of 512mb and you're expecting lightening speed.
I'm guessing you know little about smart phones.
1. It hangs a lot . Solution: Get a phone with at least 2gig RAM.
2. Drains battery. Solution: Don't use a phone with a battery lower than 3500mAh.
3. Drains data. Solution: Restrict background data in phone setting(I mean everyone knows dat na!).
4. Over heats. Solution: Don't use your phone while charging. It also lowers the battery life.
5.Box of malware. Solution: Always check the ratings and comment before you download an app on Google play store.
even with 2GB RAM it will still hang the ba3 part I agree with u,Drains Data pls use EDGE to chat not H+ drains data a lot. Over heat I agree with u and pls when u see a malware app on playstore won't u knw
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by xtervaganza(m): 10:05pm On Jan 03, 2015
runzlord:
if this is true, oem's would not bother upgrading the memory of the ram because they are the most expensive item(along with screen) in building a phone. Look at iphone... iphone 4 to 6 all use 1gb ram
just shut up already! I used gionee e5 woth one gig ram for about 8 months and I did not experience lagging on the phone for once
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by nekaa(f): 10:05pm On Jan 03, 2015
xtervaganza:
iphones overheat too. I sell iphones and I've used 5 and 5s b4
thank you Please help me tell
swimcash:
get a better andriod device. stop patronizin chinese fones. fones lyk infinix wit sum oda china fones alwayz av d problem of ova heatin
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by lawrenceunaa: 10:07pm On Jan 03, 2015
Op paste the link u copied this poo from. Y wont a low device hang when u want it to perform a task that is RAM demanding. Op u are just being unreasonable For saying ios and wp don't hang pls hw many task are they performing? No matter hw low in raw an android phone is its owner would want to tweak it over its capacity grin so hanging of an android is not a problem since i don't need to also use a laptop to fix small issues like in ios and wp

Conclusion:I L♡VE AN DRO♩D
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by akashi01(m): 10:08pm On Jan 03, 2015
killzone:
pls one it depends on the octa core processor whether its snapdragon,exynos or media tek and two even with 4GB RAM a droid will still hang but not more than 5 seconds
that's a blatant lie,bros go buy better phone,by the way which phone are you referring to??what the model??
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by killzone(m): 10:13pm On Jan 03, 2015
akashi01:
that's a blatant lie,bros go buy better phone,by the way which phone are you referring to??what the model??
guy if a 2GB can hang what will happen to 4GB after some updates and we all knw samsung with their heavy customization.they customize S4 to an extent it had 9GB out of 16GB they now did an update to release 80MB some people BBM app is larger than that
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by mrbillz(m): 10:19pm On Jan 03, 2015
So Iphones are different abi undecided
duduhemit36:

only if u knw dat all android re dsame......only diff are brand ...packaging....camera nd screen
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by akashi01(m): 10:22pm On Jan 03, 2015
killzone:
guy if a 2GB can hang what will happen to 4GB after some updates and we all knw samsung with their heavy customization.they customize S4 to an extent it had 9GB out of 16GB they now did an update to release 80MB some people BBM app is larger than that
not based on a particular brand, look at the OnePlus One for example
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jan 03, 2015
nekaa:

What if I say no?.....
bet you wont...
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by mrpackager(m): 10:25pm On Jan 03, 2015
ritababe:
Buy android with 2gig ram and come back and tell me if the phone hang.

try gionee m2 and come back tell me which battery is better than m2

I flez with glo bis 3gig for 1k am ok with it

Your phone overheat becus u on unnecessay apps switch them off and come back and testify.

Depend on the kind of apps u download.....

Try android that will give you value for your money then come back and testify,

not cheap androids for game only

plz EXCUSE MHE may i knw d code or d procedure used @ur no 3 above
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by killzone(m): 10:27pm On Jan 03, 2015
akashi01:
not based on a particular brand, look at the OnePlus One for example
guy u just mentioned by my definition an android phone not all thos rubbish like samsung and the rest samsung nd the others produce phone for 200-350 dollars selling it for us 700-800 dollars wakarh after buying a phone of 120 something thousand two years later will be looking for another money meanwhile I buy land in my village use it to do business it will benefit me
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by akashi01(m): 10:30pm On Jan 03, 2015
killzone:
guy u just mentioned by my definition an android phone not all thos rubbish like samsung and the rest samsung nd the others produce phone for 200-350 dollars selling it for us 700-800 dollars wakarh after buying a phone of 120 something thousand two years later will be looking for another money meanwhile I buy land in my village use it to do business it will benefit me
bros na today you know say Samsung na bastar.d?....but their phones make sense sha
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by nekaa(f): 10:31pm On Jan 03, 2015
hilaomo:
bet you wont...
okay.... you lost your bet
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jan 03, 2015
use galaxy s5 with 3gb ram and very fast processor and tell me if it hangs. Use gionee m3 and tell me if ur battery drains very fast. Download apps from trusted developers on google play and tell me if ur phone heats or has malware. The only reasonable point here is that android consumes data cos : 1-if ur background data is on,it will definitely consume it,if ur sync is on,it will always consume it. Besides, there are trusted apps to manage ur data efficiently on playstore. Moreover, Android ain't for broke fella like u who can't afford #3000 subscription per month.
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by obaayo2: 10:32pm On Jan 03, 2015
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jan 03, 2015
Your research is too poor… You buy an android phone with 512 ram and you play a game that occupies the whole ram while playing music and at same time browsing and you expect the android not to hang. Get an android phone with a better ram cos android rocks… And for the data am so ok with it… Switch off your data while you ain't browsing and mtn night's plan solve all that… Simple…
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by holatin(m): 10:34pm On Jan 03, 2015
Wisdomkosi:
thunder wey go fire you if you quote me again resemble your master buhari. What i say on nairaland doesn't concern you. Don't be a Paul pry. Mind your business
another pdp e goat on loose.
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by miketayo(m): 10:35pm On Jan 03, 2015
UncleSnr:
The worst OS/Phone ever is Windows Phone/Lumia. I used it, ended up being clueless.

cos u didnt follow simple instructions.. its the easiest phone to use.. everythn at ur finger tips
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jan 03, 2015
The op is absolutely right. I've been an avid fan of android right from inception and have used lots of high end androids. even with the so called high end hardwares, they still hang. I recently got an ipad2 and I must tell u, iOS beats android hands down. I'm saying this cos I never believed I would one day admit it. ipad2 is just 512mb of ram and has never hung on me even with several games running concurrently in the background. the graphics is superb and the sound beats even the most recent high ends. battery life is second to none. As much as I hated iOS products back then, calling it overpriced devices, I must say that its a lie. most ppl that says that are just broke as.s who can't afford a good premium product like apple. my next devices would be able but will still keep android possibly for playing around and tweaking.

iOS rules them all. iOS doesn't need 2gb RAM, its always been 1gb ram at most. so stop dissing the op, deal with the points raised. I'm typing this with xperia z2 so don't say I don't know what I'm saying. its just the simple truth.
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by Alfred234(m): 10:40pm On Jan 03, 2015
uchelovesyou:
IOS doesn't hang but drains battery and data but WP hangs a lot and even drains battery than Android .... My friends WP only for him to type message on BBM his battery went from 80% - 50%
IOS drains battery i agree but WP hanging is a lie my lumia 630 with 512MB RAM handles Alsphat 8 of 998mb very well without hanging i was even worried dat d game will not work bcuz of d phone's RAM but i was suprised by how smooth d game played on my phone, BBM is just about 15mb on WP and i don't see how a 15mb app would hang on a phone dat can run an app of 1gb smoothly. The only problem is dat d BBM on WP is not yet stable. As for d battery drainning problem i think ur friend's battery might b faulty bcuz my battery last's me up to 6hrs on heavy usage.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Lady Loses Her iPhone11 Pro Max: "Computer Village Is The Devil’s Workshop" / NTEL Begins With Free Unlimited Data For 3 Months / Is Your Home Screen Better Than Mine?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.