Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,742 members, 7,820,552 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush (14365 Views)

More Than 30 Potential Death Threats A Day Targeted At President Obama / Journalist Flings Shoes At President Bush / The Rape Of Iraqi Women By Us Soldiers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by kevd2: 10:16am On Dec 15, 2008
here's what the guy said.

"This is a gift from the Iraqis. This is the farewell kiss, you dog," the journalist shouted (in Arabic).

The man threw the second shoe and added: "This is from the widows, the orphans and those who were killed in Iraq."
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by luvlawyer(f): 10:28am On Dec 15, 2008
Bush stoned with shoe LOL
More like, shoes thrown at bush! ma friiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiennnnnnnnnnnnndddddddd!!!
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by RichyBlacK(m): 10:33am On Dec 15, 2008
texazzpete:

15 Saudis doesn't mean the Saudi government was involved or responsible. Afterall, bin Laden is a Saudi citizen. Should Saudi Arabia be held responsible for Al Qaeda's actions?

Not even Bush is stupid enough to invade the Islamic holy land.  grin

Do you recall how the Americans were quick to accuse the Libyan government of masterminding the Pan Am Flight 103 Lockerbie air disaster because two (2), not fifteen (15), but two (2) Libyans were accused of being involved in the bombing.

Okay, can you guess how the Bush administration would have reacted if 15 of the hijackers were Iraqis?

All unprovoked invasions are evil, but invading a country based on lies is the epitome of all the things abhorrent!
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by kevd2: 10:34am On Dec 15, 2008
it's amazing how some neo conservative supporting Nairalanders believe that throwing shoes is a major achievement.if this is how Bush and his supporters view freedom of expression then we can do without his ideas and his superstitious ''Bush  Doctrine''.
But i have to give kudo's to him for his sharp reflexes, i only wonder why he did not act pre-emptively or return fire.
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by chidichris(m): 10:52am On Dec 15, 2008
You seem 2 b creating a blurred image here. All of the incidents u have mentioned above r unique in their own unique ways and I can't c any basis for comparison between them. I'm not saying my house is a role model for world politics and neither is it an Utopian society but let's get the facts out. In any case
1. Do u really think Bush attacked Iraq because of 9/11 or for its interest in oil especially for a particular family legacy?
2. Are u really sure of the master minders of 9/11?
3. Do u think the state of Iraq is currently better or worse than before?
However, I personally I'm not in support of dictatorship and neither am I a fan of Husein but the intent of America's invasion is a point of controversy. As for the innocent souls in 9/11 May their souls rest in peace but direct the blame to the right quarters.

scottn,
no matter how blurred the images i have created here, the most important thing is if they are true or false.
if our house is not a role model, whose house is? america or iraq?

in line with ur questions, bush continued a gulf war of 1990 which was stopped by UN with an agreement that sadam will give the un inspectors free hands to inspect the whole country over which sadam refused till bush came to power.
bush pushed sadam to accept untill he now told sadam to quit. if yhou have been looking at iraq's elections in the past, sadam used to win 100%
if the anti bush camp is saying that america went to iraq bcs of oil, they have refused to tell us what they wanted from afghanistan.
the case of 9/11 has been established and we can all trace the masterminders.
iraq is been built for future. a future that will not have saddam. a future that will make iraqis have their say in the governance of their country. nothing good comes easy as there is always a prize to pay. my prayers and that of everyother person is that iraqis will begin to think of future and wait patiently to reap the fruit of this sacrfice they have made and only then will the streets and important places will be named after bush who future will call their liberator.
brother,
if you are not in support of dictatorship, what is your solution? u can use zimbabwe as a case study.
for the victims of 9/11 u say may their souls rest in  peace and i would want to ask you directly, is that enough? will u say the same thing if you are affected?
could you pls close ur eyes and see the bread winner of ur family as a victim of such madness. would you want have a round table conference with the masterminders? would u suggest a negotiation forum with such killers? my prayer is that we will not be victims but we must remember that those victims and the affected members of their familes are human beings like us.
FROM THE DAYS OF JOHN THE BAPTIST, THE WORLD SUFFERETH VIOLENCE AND IT IS ONLY THE VIOLENT S THAT TAKETH IT BY FORCE.
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by kevd2: 10:54am On Dec 15, 2008
RichyBlack don't mind all those Neocon wannabe's on nairaland,the guy that threw that shoe has more courage than Nan cy Pelosi. Considering the number of Death's that Bush, Cheney,Rumsfeld,Karl Rove and his cabal are responsible for,  Bush is lucky he only had shoes thrown at him.Sadly Bush backers are abysmal in imagining themselves in anyone's elses shoes.

I'm sure David Dylan and Texxazpete still believe that Iraqi's will welcome Americans with flowers as Dick Cheney once said.
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by TFire2: 11:00am On Dec 15, 2008
Damn, that was a sharp shot.Thank God it was not a bomb.
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by texazzpete(m): 11:46am On Dec 15, 2008
kev-d:

I'm sure David Dylan and Texxazpete still believe that Iraqi's will welcome Americans with flowers as privates Cheney once said.

An entirely stupid and uncalled for statement.
Do i have to proclaim Bush is the Antichrist, Gog and Magog, Hitler, Stalin, amadioha and asmodeus rolled into one before you're satisfied?

@Seun
D'ick is a name! Why change it into 'privates'?! That's weird grin
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by chidichris(m): 11:53am On Dec 15, 2008
Kev-d,
what have nigerians thrown on obj for the various deaths that he coursed in nigeria? what about abacha and ibb? what were u able to throw on them?
Jesus Christ was stoned spilt on, flogged, slapped and all that so does it mean much to you if shoes were thrown to bush?
what are the zimbabwian s throwing on mugabe?
your hero who is in the grave now will smile at you if you tell him the this particular bush will just mess him up like a kid.
brave men are always of few words. i love bush. he is an ction man. if you tol bush that shoes will be thrown at him as a price for hanging the immortal saddam, he will ask u for dzens of shoes.
it is this same bush that has turned our own sturborn gadaffi into a loyal gentleman who at the end of the day agreed to compensate the families of the locabie bombers.
history has a place for the man - Bush.
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by Bastage: 11:56am On Dec 15, 2008
@Tornadoz.
Lets get this straight, a bunch of fanatics fly a plane into the wtc and all Moslem's are now terrorist yeah?

Firstly, the WTC was only one instance in a massive list of Islamic terrorist attacks on the West. You forget that this was the second time that they had attacked the WTC. That's not even mentioning instances like the USS Cole etc. All of this was long before the West got involved in war in the Middle East.
Nobody is saying that all Muslims are terrorists, but when one takes a look at statistics and sees that the majority of Muslims throughout the world don't even believe that the 9/11 attacks were carried out in the name of Islam, at the very least, the majority of Muslims are guilty of complicity.

As for Bush? The man is a complete idiot. But he's not the one who killed the vast majority of Iraqis. Muslims killed them. And Muslims are still killing them. Before Bush came along, Muslims in Iraq had murdered over a million other Muslims. Yet where was the "outrage" from Islam then? Where is the outrage at the Muslims killing their own people now? This "It wasn't me" mentality is tiresome and misleading. Take some responsibility, Islam. Stop burying your head in the sand.

Sorry. But for Islam read "Hypocrisy". It's OK for Islam to attack itself and others but if anyone tries to put a stop to it, they're a murderer.

You're just very lucky that the West is so tolerant and doesn't view every Muslim as a terrorist. If it did, there would be a bloodbath and Islam would have been wiped off the face of the planet for all the trouble that it has caused in this world.

Do u think the state of Iraq is currently better or worse than before?

Better. Like I've already pointed out - Over a million Muslims died under Saddam's rule. Two wars against neighbouring countries, using poisonous gas and killing thousands of his own people in less than a day, murdering anyone who so much as raised an eyebrow against him - these things won't happen again. And let's not even forget that a huge number of those victims were not even given the grace of a quick death but tortured in some of the worst ways imaginable.
Iraq is now settling down and give it a couple of years and it should be a peaceful democracy. If Saddam was still in power and running true to form, another million would probably have lost their lives. To suggest that change in Iraq should be painless is flying in the face of reality. But to suggest that things would be better under Saddam is just a pipe dream.
Would you rather that Saddam was still in power? Threatening and invading his neighbours and the wider world and also murdering his own people on the same massive scale?

So what do the Muslim nations do when the US and it's allies go in to sort it out? They don't give any help. They don't lift a finger to help oust the guy who has been killing their fellow Muslims both abroad and in his own country. They don't help to destroy the regime of a guy whom they themselves lived in terror of.  All they do is sit there and whine that the US is only interested in Iraq's oil, even when it's blatantly clear that the US isn't getting the oil and the war is costing them billions of dollars. The argument of war over oil is dead in the water yet still they whine.

Sure, blame Bush and ignore those who are really guilty. Ignore the Saddam regime and all of those Muslim governments who sat back and watched whilst he murdered everyone who stood in his way. Ignore and absolve from blame all those who didn't lift a finger or even a voice as he raped, tortured and murdered. Place all the blame on those who were attacked first and went in to sort the mess out whilst those who should have been acting to save their own people sat on their hands.
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by JustGood(m): 12:00pm On Dec 15, 2008
sorry I have not read every post here but. . .

To say that America decided to wreak havoc on millions of people because of the actions of a few misguided elements is probably worse than what those elements did. How do you justify attacking and killing hundreds of thousands of people because a few misguided isalamists killed some people?

Besides, Iraq had absolutely no link to the terrorist attacks on 9/11 so please dont try linking the attacks with Iraq.

George Bush deserves more than shoes. he deserves to be dragged through a street

granted, the man who did it could not have thrown shoes at Saddam when saddam was in government. But then, it still doesn't mean the man has no personal justification for it. Some people did not love any relative until drugged American soldiers arrived in iraq.  Do you think such people are going to rejoice when they see george bush? Do you think all those who were incacerated and whose lives were destroyed for nothing will be happy to see George Bush?
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by muhsin(m): 12:04pm On Dec 15, 2008
The move by the guy is really surprising and of course courageous!
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by Bastage: 12:11pm On Dec 15, 2008
The move by the guy is really surprising and of course courageous!

If he was courageous, he would have thrown his shoes at Saddam when he was in power.
He didn't. That makes him either a coward, a hypocrite or a fan of Saddam. Certainly not someone who is "courageous".
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by JustGood(m): 12:22pm On Dec 15, 2008
Bastage:

If he was courageous, he would have thrown his shoes at Saddam when he was in power.
He didn't. That makes him either a coward, a hypocrite or a fan of Saddam. Certainly not someone who is "courageous".

he doesn't have to be a saddam fan to feel so much contempt for Bush. his wife could have been murdered by bombing drugged american soldiers. his brother could have been arrested innocently and sexually molested by drugged american soldiers. his in-laws could have been killed/assaulted by those drugged, hippie american soldiers.
during saddam, he probably could go to the market and buy things without fear of being killed by a suicide bomber - he cant do that now. During saddam's time, he probably could recieve medication in hospitals and there was probably electricity to run medical equipment.

besides, it's not fun seeing foreigners acting like Lords in your own country when you are suffering- you can ask poor Nigerians in Lagos what they feel about Lebanese nationals in lagos. How do you expect Iraqis to feel when they see Americans living large in places that they can only dream about and they are suffering in their own country?
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by Bastage: 12:33pm On Dec 15, 2008
his wife could have been murdered by bombing drugged american soldiers. his brother could have been arrested innocently and sexually molested by drugged american soldiers. his in-laws could have been killed/assaulted by those drugged, hippie american soldiers.
during saddam, he probably could go to the market and buy things without fear of being killed by a suicide bomber - he can't do that now. During saddam's time, he probably could recieve medication in hospitals and there was probably electricity to run medical equipment.

Unlike the far larger number of Iraqis who disagreed with Saddam.
They would have just been tortured and put to death.

Alternatively. It's far more likely that since the invasion his wife could have been murdered by fellow Muslims. His brother could have been arrested innocently and sexually molested by fellow Muslims. His in-laws could have been killed/assaulted by those fellow Muslims.
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by Shockstein: 12:40pm On Dec 15, 2008
All you cocksucking Nigerian hypocrites abusing Mr Bush should take a dip in Bermuda Triangle, how many of you monkey depostic leaders have you stoned, rather you give them cheiftaincies and talk shitt on the internet. The west will yet recolonise Africa so your bloody ass will learn how to behave, scalywags.
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by carmelily: 12:46pm On Dec 15, 2008
luvlawyer:

Bush stoned with shoe LOL
More like, shoes thrown at bush! ma friiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiennnnnnnnnnnnndddddddd!!!

The grammatical bullet in the topic pi$$ed me off too. i didn't even want to contribute. Real trashy English.
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by scottN(m): 12:47pm On Dec 15, 2008
chidichris:

scottn,
no matter how blurred the images i have created here, the most important thing is if they are true or false.
if our house is not a role model, whose house is? america or iraq?

in line with ur questions, bush continued a gulf war of 1990 which was stopped by UN with an agreement that sadam will give the un inspectors free hands to inspect the whole country over which sadam refused till bush came to power.
bush pushed sadam to accept untill he now told sadam to quit. if yhou have been looking at iraq's elections in the past, sadam used to win 100%
if the anti bush camp is saying that america went to iraq bcs of oil, they have refused to tell us what they wanted from afghanistan.
the case of 9/11 has been established and we can all trace the masterminders.
iraq is been built for future. a future that will not have saddam. a future that will make iraqis have their say in the governance of their country. nothing good comes easy as there is always a prize to pay. my prayers and that of everyother person is that iraqis will begin to think of future and wait patiently to reap the fruit of this sacrfice they have made and only then will the streets and important places will be named after bush who future will call their liberator.
brother,
if you are not in support of dictatorship, what is your solution? u can use zimbabwe as a case study.
for the victims of 9/11 u say may their souls rest in peace and i would want to ask you directly, is that enough? will u say the same thing if you are affected?
could you please close ur eyes and see the bread winner of ur family as a victim of such madness. would you want have a round table conference with the masterminders? would u suggest a negotiation forum with such killers? my prayer is that we will not be victims but we must remember that those victims and the affected members of their familes are human beings like us.
FROM THE DAYS OF JOHN THE BAPTIST, THE WORLD SUFFERETH VIOLENCE AND IT IS ONLY THE VIOLENT S THAT TAKETH IT BY FORCE.

I'll take ur point 1 by 1
1. First of all didn't the inspectors finally inspect Iraq and when they did what did they find? Didn't they recommend that USA shouldn't invade Iraq?
2. Afghanistan was just a pawn to show that they were really against terrorism. They were really after Iraq and its oil. Why were so many notable American figures against the war (Obama inclusive)?
3. Invasion is never the solution to dictatorship. Its against the laws of the UN (go check ur history)
4. As 4 9/11 victims, y is it difficult 4 u 2 say that its a price US has to pay to expose the US govt?
May such calamity never befall us now and forever!
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by JustGood(m): 1:19pm On Dec 15, 2008
Bastage:

Unlike the far larger number of Iraqis who disagreed with Saddam.
They would have just been tortured and put to death.

Alternatively. It's far more likely that since the invasion his wife could have been murdered by fellow Muslims. His brother could have been arrested innocently and sexually molested by fellow Muslims. His in-laws could have been killed/assaulted by those fellow Muslims.

You use of the bolded is open to debate but we dont need to debate that. You should find out how many Iraqis were killed in all of saddam's years as leader and how many Iraqis were killed in the period of Bush's invasion. I dont think Saddam directly destroyed nearly as many lives as Bush has destroyed with his drugged american soldiers.

Perhaps Saddam did well in keeping the extremists under rein while he was there and Bush's hatred caused him to spread all ill-news about saddam without ackowledging the good job Saddam did by controlling and keeping the islamists in check.

If bumbling Bush did not invade Iraq, perhaps the man's relative will still live in a safer environment, although ruled by a dictator.

i'd rather be ruled by a dictator and have my family alive than have a lunatic invade claim to want to give me freedom and wiping out my family in the process.
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by diggler(m): 1:28pm On Dec 15, 2008
texazzpete:

@Seun
D'ick is a name! Why change it into 'privates'?! That's weird grin

Ol boy
This Seun censoring sef don dey tire pesin
See as Dickie name come turn to privates.

On the Issue of the Shoe thrown at Bush, I liken it to taking shots at a Dead Lion.
Bush already has a s.crewed up (dont know when seun police go strike) legacy as it were.
so stoning him dont change non of that.
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by Tornadoz(m): 1:36pm On Dec 15, 2008
@Bastage
I couldn't have put it better than Justgood but suffice it to say that Bush created this atmosphere of sectarian killings amongst the Iraqis. Without the invasion non of the above would have happened. Are you really saying that Americans love Iraqis so much that they're willing to sacrifice some Americans just to bring democracy to Iraq? Why is the US obsessed with spreading democracy in other people's country?
The war was about oil and nothing but oil. Would you have sacrificed the lives of tens of thousands of Nigerians and make 5million of us refugees just to remove Abacha?
Saddam may have used chemical weapons against his neighbors but so did America. America remain the only country to have used Nuclear weapons hence they are always scared when any nation want to be at par with them.
Why is Bush the most reviled leader ever to grace the white house?

@chidi
If you don't regard your post as sarcasm or satire then you need help.

@Shockstein
Shockstein:

All you cocksucking Nigerian hypocrites abusing Mr Bush should take a dip in Bermuda Triangle, how many of you monkey depostic leaders have you stoned, rather you give them cheiftaincies and talk shitt on the internet. The west will yet recolonise Africa so your bloody ass will learn how to behave, scalywags.
Why so much anger? Do you get put in a labour camp for not suporting the American govt at every turn?
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by Tornadoz(m): 1:39pm On Dec 15, 2008
[size=16pt]Neo-cons are the problems in the world not mainly because they're Yanks but because they're assholes.[/size]
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by Bastage: 1:46pm On Dec 15, 2008
You use of the bolded is open to debate but we don't need to debate that. You should find out how many Iraqis were killed in all of saddam's years as leader and how many Iraqis were killed in the period of Bush's invasion. I don't think Saddam directly destroyed nearly as many lives as Bush has destroyed with his drugged american soldiers.

I've already given you the figures and it's not open to debate.
American soldiers have killed a couple thousand Iraqis. Mostly in combat.
Saddam killed over a million of his own people, Iranians and Kuwaitis.

So although you don't think Saddam destroyed as many lives, you are utterly, utterly wrong.

@Tornadoz.
The war was about oil? Then where is that oil? It hasn't gone to the US. As I've already stated, the US has pumped more money into Iraq than it will ever get back. The oil argument is outdated and thoroughly discredited.

As for the sectarian killings? No. Bush didn't create that atmosphere. It was already there. It's always there in Islamic society and it was running rife in Saddam's Iraq. So rife and so out in the open, people don't even notice it. You've only got to look at history to see this is so. Under Saddam, sectarianist killings were even worse than now - they were just state-sponsored. Take a look at the Anfal Campaign. Go look up the Iran/Iraq war. You'll see that a million people died in the name of Saddam's Islam. People say that there was no religious problem under Saddam and that he kept a lid on everything. That's absolute bullsh!t. He was a Sunni running a government dominated by the Sunni people - totally opposed to Shia Islam and he made war against them and murdered them in the hundreds of thousands.
Always there.
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by OBVIOUS(m): 1:48pm On Dec 15, 2008
Bush was not diplomatic in his policies. He was a "dictator" just like Saddam.

To some comments I've read, I don't know what 9/11 has to do with Saddam. Taliban and Osama are on thier own and have little to nothing to do with Saddam. In fact, Bush will be more justified invading Afghanistan than invading Iraq.

But NOO, oil was oinking him in his eyes, contracts were teasing Halliburton, and Cheney didn't know how to pay for his heart surgery, LMAO.
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by Bastage: 1:54pm On Dec 15, 2008
Saddam may have used chemical weapons against his neighbors but so did America. America remain the only country to have used Nuclear weapons hence they are always scared when any nation want to be at par with them.

I think any right-minded person would be scared of a nation having nuclear weapons.
But using the American nuclear bombing of Japan during WW2 is totally and utterly ignorant.

History has shown that using those weapons saved a helluva lot more lives than they took. Also this was in 1945. If you want to live over 50 years in the past, it's no wonder you can't grasp present day politics.
America has never used chemical weapons against it's neighbours as you claim. That's just sheer fantasy based on ignorance.

@Obvious. Yet another one burbling on about the oil fantasy. I'll ask you the same as the others. Where is the money the US is supposed to have got? Where is the oil the US is supposed to have got?

Has the US made money from the Iraq war? Emphatic answer - NO.
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by kevd2: 1:57pm On Dec 15, 2008
@chidi chris, i dont see any sense in  dragging Nigerians into this discussion.If nigerians have made it clear that they will allow injustice and oppression to go unchecked then thats thier choice and has no connection to the journalist that threw shoes at Mr bush.You have no right to judge the man considering the horrors that he could have gone through.
Bill Clinton had an affair in office and almost got impeached.George Bush also lied to his country and the world that has led to death's of many, throwing of shoes is the least that the journalistwho has lost so much could do.At least when Clinton Lied people did not Die.
Saddam may have been bad but an average iraqi would have always prefared an Iraqi dictaor to an american one.The war in Iraqi is the mst stupid strategic mistake ever.Sure saddam was bad but not compared to thisIt has given Iran the upper edge in the region , it has totally destoyed Iraq,Created a huge Deficit for America's budget, claimed he lives of 4,000 american lives and Millions of INNOCENT Iraqi lives.

On your Claim that Mr Bush is a man of action,well thats just a specious point. Being a man of actoin is not the same as being a man of common sense.its not enough for one to be tough headed but you also should be clearheaded.If he was such a man of action why did he dodge the draft to Vietnam and falsify his  Millitary records
George Bush is not a UNITER he is an UNTIER.He has done nothing but untie.He untied American unity in his election,untied theIraqi war, untied the American Economy,untied relations with Europe and the World, Untied Progress in Environmental change, did not even serve his country in the millitary, need i go on.
He could be your hero good for you, perhaps because he has set the bar of expectations so low that if he does not drool in Public, then he is impressive.
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by OBVIOUS(m): 1:59pm On Dec 15, 2008
Can someone agree with me that anybody who tries to link Saddam Hussein or Iraq with the September 11, 2001 attacks, is an infinite slowpoke
?

I concur!!
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by kevd2: 2:07pm On Dec 15, 2008
By the way the War was about securing America's Energy future.The rise of America's Economy as World Power was based on Cheap Oil.The War was supposedd to be called Operation Iraqi Liberation (OIL) but realizing the symbolism, Bush changed its name.That is why majority of the Contract Biddings carried out by Al- Maliki will favor Halliburton and Chevron.The oil may not be flowing now but wait for the contracts to be awarded.The preponderance of oil quota's will always favor the american's mark my word.Why do you think America is creating so much problem in Venezuela and Boilvia, its simple Oil and Gas.
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by Tornadoz(m): 2:09pm On Dec 15, 2008
History has shown that using those weapons saved a helluva lot more lives than they took.
I have never heard anyone with this kind of logic. Try thinking out of the box my friend. To opine that killing millions of japanese with nukes helped saved more lives means you believe that Iraq using chemical weapons against Iran was justified.
You come across like a long time fan of Fox news,  don't you have any original thoughts of your own?
"NUKES SAVES LIVES". ROFLMAO! Hehehe!
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by cre8tivity(f): 2:11pm On Dec 15, 2008
bush shoed! i do not know if people realize what just happened over the weekend. it is sad, very sad to see united states of america at the lowest point. i'm also sure that the man that shoed bush has already been released and his courage will be celebrated for a very long time.
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by Bastage: 2:23pm On Dec 15, 2008
To opine that killing millions of japanese with nukes helped saved more lives means you believe that Iraq using chemical weapons against Iran was justified.
You come across like a long time fan of Fox news,  don't you have any original thoughts of your own?
"NUKES SAVES LIVES". ROFLMAO! Hehehe!

You know absolutely nothing.

"Millions" of Japanese weren't killed with nuclear weapons. 70,000 died in Hiroshima and 50,000 in Nagasaki. It's possible that 200,000 died in the decades after due to radiation but that figure is arguable. But it's definitely not the "millions" of deaths that you claim.
I don't know if you've even picked up a history book in your life, but the Japanese used to defend everything to the last man. Even without taking into account Allied casualties that would be incurred during an invasion of mainland Japan (calculated to be well over quarter of a million up to one million), the fact that the Japanese fought to the death means that the figure of 120,000 deaths in the nuclear attacks would have been totally and utterly dwarfed. The fact is, millions of Japanese would have died if the US had not forced Japan to surrender by dropping the bombs. That, my friend, is a cold, hard, undeniable fact. Totally unlike the false statement that you have made.

The Iran/Iraq statement not only has no relevance but also shows the leap of logic of a simpleton. The use of nuclear weapons in WW2 not only has nothing to do with the subject but can't be claimed to justify or condemn anything due to it's sheer irrelevance as I pointed out in my last post.

You show absolutely no comprehension of the subject. Go, read up and learn before burbling more ignorant crap.
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by joewilly(m): 2:27pm On Dec 15, 2008
the guy who threw the shoe was a coward he could have join the suicide squad. bush was right for his action in Iraq, people are only seeing his part forgeting how Saddam slaughter his own people like ram. how many of them could attempt Saddam and how many of them could have had the air of freedom if Saddam was not sent away. We cant fold our arms and allow people who called themselves insurgent, fundamentalist and terrorist to devour the world like what they just did in mubai. we need bush, no regret

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

78-yr-old Granny Goes To School / President Mahama's Daughter's Letter Comforting Him For Losing / 119-yr-old Johanna Mazibuko Is World's Oldest Person, Living In South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.